Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4344454647484950515253...LastNext
Current Page: 48 of 66
Re: The Rolling Stones ZIP CODE Tour 2015
Posted by: mistermorphine ()
Date: May 2, 2015 13:58

So a stupid ? here. Why not just do the print at home option when you buy your ticket? It is not like it is going to be some ultra rare item in 25 years, there will after all be 1,000,000 plus of them. Just asking what the reason is?
Thanks and enjoy the show!

Posted by: weinerdog ()
Date: May 2, 2015 15:01

mistermorphine
So a stupid ? here. Why not just do the print at home option when you buy your ticket? It is not like it is going to be some ultra rare item in 25 years, there will after all be 1,000,000 plus of them. Just asking what the reason is?

I seldom do the print at home thing. If something comes up and I won't be able to make the show, it's a much bigger pain to try and sell PDF tickets than it is hard tickets.

Posted by: ROPS ()
Date: May 2, 2015 15:48

I think this may happen to a certain band we know....

Mayweather vs. Pacquiao
Fire Sale On Tix
... Investors Losing Big $$$

[www.tmz.com]

"You know who l am, say it"

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: May 2, 2015 16:56

mistermorphine

I like mine to be the actual hard copy tickets because just in case the printer smudges or something, I don't want to go all the way down to San Diego and not be able to get in...man that would suck

Posted by: kohoutek ()
Date: May 2, 2015 23:02

mistermorphine

I've always viewed my ticket stubs as great mementos of shows, and an 8 1/2 x 11 PDF print out doesn't do it for me. I don't collect the ticket stubs because I think they may be rare or valuable. They're just cool and in fact my wife has made several framed collages of ours over the years.

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: May 3, 2015 00:20

I have all the ticket stubs from my 32 Stones' concerts and don't want to have the full page printout. I'm thinking of framing all of them at some point.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 3, 2015 00:34

Expired tickets and ticket stubs can have great value... and if anyone does not believe that then have a look on ebay SOLD ticket stub , and many of those tickets and ticket stubs sell for many times what the face value of the ticket was...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 3, 2015 00:46

Back in college (art major), I made a giant 48" x 36" collage of all ticket stubs of concerts I attended between 1976 and 1998.
I've easily collected enough since 1998-present to create two more additions to the series, but since I work in mostly 3-dimensional stuff now,
I've been thinking of collaging them all over a lifesize mannequin.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: May 3, 2015 01:03

Gfmsoccer
Did anyone get their tickets in the mail yet?

I bought mine 1st pre-sale day, and haven't received yet.[/quot

I did very quick after the sale. Call ticketmaster back.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 3, 2015 01:45

weinerdog
mistermorphine

I seldom do the print at home thing. If something comes up and I won't be able to make the show, it's a much bigger pain to try and sell PDF tickets than it is hard tickets.

I agree with everyone who likes hard tickets (whenever possible), but it's MUCH easier to sell PDFs. You don't have to mess with putting them in the mail or whatever, you just upload the file and send it, and the other person paypals you the cash. What's so hard? confused smiley

Date: May 3, 2015 01:56

Aquamarine
weinerdog
mistermorphine

I agree with everyone who likes hard tickets (whenever possible), but it's MUCH easier to sell PDFs. You don't have to mess with putting them in the mail or whatever, you just upload the file and send it, and the other person paypals you the cash. What's so hard? confused smiley

I would not say hard, but risky. Someone prints the ticket and then sells it too. I would never buy a ticket like that, never ever. The stakes are too high (and other options are too available) to be told by a ticket taker that my ticket scan does not read and it is becasue my ticket has already been used to gain entry.

I imagine in the long run it would get worked out money wise, but at the show that night it could be a disaster.

I have bought a home printed ticket outside the arena a couple of time, but it was always with the agreement that the person selling me the ticket goes with me to the ticket taker guaranteeing it works and when it did I said thank you and waved good-bye to them.

Of course out side the arena I have also been told by a paper ticket seller that they didnt want to do that hassle... and I didnt buy thier ticket.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: May 3, 2015 02:09

Leonioid
Aquamarine
weinerdog
mistermorphine

I would not say hard, but risky. Someone prints the ticket and then sells it too. I would never buy a ticket like that, never ever. The stakes are too high (and other options are too available) to be told by a ticket taker that my ticket scan does not read and it is becasue my ticket has already been used to gain entry.

I imagine in the long run it would get worked out money wise, but at the show that night it could be a disaster.

I have bought a home printed ticket outside the arena a couple of time, but it was always with the agreement that the person selling me the ticket goes with me to the ticket taker guaranteeing it works and when it did I said thank you and waved good-bye to them.

Of course out side the arena I have also been told by a paper ticket seller that they didnt want to do that hassle... and I didnt buy thier ticket.

a regular hard ticket can be just as no good. it's reported lost or stolen. another advantage to printing your own is that you can make multiples and bring your friends down to the floor...

Posted by: weinerdog ()
Date: May 3, 2015 02:55

DREAMTIME
Leonioid
Aquamarine
weinerdog
mistermorphine

a regular hard ticket can be just as no good. it's reported lost or stolen. another advantage to printing your own is that you can make multiples and bring your friends down to the floor...

Sure, a regular hard ticket can be no good, but I'll argue the vast majority of the fraud that happens is with losers selling duplicate printouts of the pdf files. A fake hard ticket takes much more effort.

Posted by: vibrolux ()
Date: May 3, 2015 03:44

I have stubs back to 1969. Won't part with them!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-03 21:52 by vibrolux.

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: May 3, 2015 05:15

DREAMTIME
Leonioid
Aquamarine
weinerdog
mistermorphine

So...if your group is 6 people you buy 1 expensive floor ticket and 5 cheap seats...love it!

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: May 3, 2015 06:25

when buying on the street you either go by looking in the person's eyes and/or your own gut feeling, depending on the price. The safe bet as stated, is just to have the ticket verified by the venue. bringing people down to lower levels has been going on for years. Some now make you wear a wrist ban too but you can borrow those too!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 3, 2015 08:51

Three weeks to go...

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 3, 2015 09:40

My point up there ^^ was that it's easy to SELL tickets as a PDF file. Buying them is a different matter!

Date: May 3, 2015 14:29

Aquamarine
My point up there ^^ was that it's easy to SELL tickets as a PDF file. Buying them is a different matter!
That does make sense, good advice.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: May 3, 2015 14:35

ROPS

Mayweather vs. Pacquiao
Fire Sale On Tix

[www.tmz.com]

"You know who I am, say it"

Blaudzun.
So I have said it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-03 15:41 by RipThisBone.

Date: May 3, 2015 14:53

ROPS

Mayweather vs. Pacquiao
Fire Sale On Tix

[www.tmz.com]

This article uses the term "investor" very loosely.

A better term would be "speculator"...
an even better term is "Ticket scalper".

Posted by: vibrolux ()
Date: May 3, 2015 21:52

They must have just dropped the Platinum prices for the Minneapolis show. They call them AXS premium for this show.

I just picked up a fantastic pair of tickets, but I can only use one of them. (You have to buy these in pairs.) The seats are in Section E, Row 4, seats 1 and 2. These are right on the aisle, right next to section D.

I'm not looking to make a dime on this. But I do need someone to take seat 2. The price is $489.86. That's exactly what I paid. You can see it right on the ticket. It's a bit higher than the $424 regular tix, but way less than Diamonds, VIPs, and similar tickets on StubHub. These are ridiculously good seats, so I jumped at the chance to get close to front and center for this show.

Anyone interested in joining me? I have the e-ticket, so I can easily email it to you.

You can email me at MakeAGrownManCry@gmail.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-03 21:53 by vibrolux.

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: May 4, 2015 03:16

kohoutek
mistermorphine

I've always viewed my ticket stubs as great mementos of shows, and an 8 1/2 x 11 PDF print out doesn't do it for me. I don't collect the ticket stubs because I think they may be rare or valuable. They're just cool and in fact my wife has made several framed collages of ours over the years.

Same here. I like real tickets as souvenirs, not the print-at-home pages. I would also be very reluctant to buy a PDF ticket from a seller outside a venue.

Posted by: tomy1 ()
Date: May 4, 2015 18:31

I also like getting the "hard" ticket I store them in Ticket Books" which can be purchased at the follow link - I currently have 5 books completed

[www.personalizationmall.com]

Posted by: tomy1 ()
Date: May 4, 2015 18:36

I noticed something curious with the ticket sales for the Orlando show. On Friday I purchased 2 tickets that were "Official Platinum" for $475.00 each that put me in Section F6 Row M seats 3 & 4. These would be considered Emerald tickets priced at $1,249.00. Went back today and noticed that seats in Section F3 Row N seats 7 & 8 basically the same seats I purchased on Friday are now $510.00 and increase of $35.00. Does this mean ticket supply is starting to dwindle down? Any thoughts?

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 4, 2015 19:02

Maybe it's all automatic algorithms by now and the price went up again because 2 tickets were bought.
Algorithm says "hey there's some demand, so let's correct prices according to that."

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 4, 2015 19:34

Nikkei
Maybe it's all automatic algorithms by now and the price went up again because 2 tickets were bought.
Algorithm says "hey there's some demand, so let's correct prices according to that."

I have suspected as much after watching the wild price fluctuations on most the venues this tour. Especially after looking at the actual prices tickets are being offered at, $510, $1243, $1332 etc, etc, there is a profit maximizing computer at work here.

peace

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 4, 2015 19:53

Who would have thought that one day your local parking lot scalper would become the most honest part of the business foodchain

Date: May 4, 2015 20:54

I got mine for Raleigh about 2 weeks ago and Thursday got the replacements for the closer seats I exchanged. I guess I'll "frame" the earlier tickets as they went back into the queue.

Now where are my Atlanta tickets.....anybody got theirs from TicketAlternative?

Thanks,

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: stonedbeggar ()
Date: May 4, 2015 21:13

Got mine within a week after i bought it on first presale date (raleigh show). Call ticketmaster and see if they mailed them.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4344454647484950515253...LastNext
Current Page: 48 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1689
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home