Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950...LastNext
Current Page: 45 of 66
Re: The Rolling Stones ZIP CODE Tour 2015
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: April 28, 2015 15:48

[twitter.com]

Mick commemorates L'Wren on her birthday with emphasis on legs cool smiley

This doesn't belong here, but where else

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: April 28, 2015 15:54

DoomandGloom
Meanwhile there's another riot in a medium sized city in North America. Call me a snob but I'll wait for the band to come back to NYC. The unrest here is unpresidented and smaller cities are not prepared for this violence. This is not a political post but instead a heads up to travelers in The US this summer, book the very best hotels and be prepared to flee at the first hint of street violence. Street Fighting Man is just a song and this is stacking up to be a terrible summer in The US. Don't accuse me of being gloomy the facts are unfolding as of now. There are some cities on the zip list I would not go near right now.

What a load of garbage.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 28, 2015 16:32

MingSubu
DoomandGloom
Meanwhile there's another riot in a medium sized city in North America. Call me a snob but I'll wait for the band to come back to NYC. The unrest here is unpresidented and smaller cities are not prepared for this violence. This is not a political post but instead a heads up to travelers in The US this summer, book the very best hotels and be prepared to flee at the first hint of street violence. Street Fighting Man is just a song and this is stacking up to be a terrible summer in The US. Don't accuse me of being gloomy the facts are unfolding as of now. There are some cities on the zip list I would not go near right now.

What a load of garbage.
+1

One can only hope this post is a poor attempt at satire.
Good Lawd.

Posted by: MrMibbs ()
Date: April 28, 2015 16:43

alhavu1
DREAMTIME
alhavu1
DREAMTIME
Let's not forget that they still make profit at 80% capacity. The real question they have to ask is 1. Is this the total amount of current concert going fans or 2. Did we shut out our blue collar fans because we charged too much?

We. Are you part of the Stones? Oh, no

besides being a dickhead for making a personal attack, try re-reading several times and maybe you'll understand....

hint: "The real question they have to ask is....(2)...Did we...

do you understand the english language now?

Hee hee
The "We" audience is broken up into these three categories
1. Die hards who will go no matter what
2. First times who think they are cool going to see the Stones at this stage of the game.
3. Fans who have seen them 10 -20 -30 times, and do not want to spend big money any more to see the same show (same songs) any more.

Number three is the issue if there are lagging sales.. English Enough ?

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: April 28, 2015 17:15

"WE" is the rolling stones

Posted by: MrMibbs ()
Date: April 28, 2015 17:29

Thanks for clearing that up.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 28, 2015 19:37

MisterDDDD
MingSubu
DoomandGloom

What a load of garbage.
+1

Good Lawd.
Really. This reminds me of the warnings that people would be dying in the streets from Ebola by now. The violence in Baltimore is horrible, people live there and have lost their jobs and homes, and arises from terrible economic problems that exist here and around the world. But the country is not going up in flames, and I daresay that it is almost inconceivable that any tourist will by affected by urban unrest in the US this summer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-28 19:38 by Rokyfan.

Posted by: jasona93 ()
Date: April 28, 2015 19:48

MingSubu
DoomandGloom

What a load of garbage.

yeah, just a snob. nothing to see here folks. NYC really has the peace thing down, nothing bad ever happens there.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: April 28, 2015 20:15

Rokyfan
MisterDDDD
MingSubu
DoomandGloom

What a load of garbage.
+1

Good Lawd.
Really. This reminds me of the warnings that people would be dying in the streets from Ebola by now. The violence in Baltimore is horrible, people live there and have lost their jobs and homes, and arises from terrible economic problems that exist here and around the world. But the country is not going up in flames, and I daresay that it is almost inconceivable that any tourist will by affected by urban unrest in the US this summer.
say what you will but a MLB game was canceled yesterday and today. Baltimore is not nearly as downtrodden as some of these zip cities. To say it's a stretch for tourism to be effected is bizarre, the police abandoned the citizendry for most of the day. When the tour schedule came out I was shocked at the choices, seemed reckless and financially risky to travel to many of these places deep in the summer.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-28 20:21 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 28, 2015 20:35

jasona93
MingSubu
DoomandGloom

What a load of garbage.

yeah, just a snob. nothing to see here folks. NYC really has the peace thing down, nothing bad ever happens there.

Yes, the post is rather alarmist and over the top, but there is no denying that there are pockets of unrest among the masses and it has been boiling over. I'm pretty sure this isn't a real threat to Stones concert goers and tourists so I wouldn't change any hotels or travel plans. But there are indeed neighborhoods in certain cities I would feel less safe walking through today than I did a year ago. I think having 39,999 friends attending the Stones concert will provide a pretty good safety blanket and I expect things will be settled down by showtime.

An older friend was watching the news yesterday and commented...it looks like the 60's. Hopefully it will all be a catalyst for positive change and possibly some good tunes.

peace

Date: April 28, 2015 22:12

The neighborhoods where you would not feel safe are neighborhoods you would not go to for any reason, nor would any other tourist. This is the converse of the FOX news idiots proclaiming about how there are islamic-ruled neighborhoods of Paris and London where the police fear to go, which led to threats of lawsuits from the mayors of Paris and London and retractions from FOX. I am hardly a US booster, in fact i am working now on moving to Europe, but the idea that any of this relates to tourists is rubbish. Those dangerous areas, and west baltimore is a truly scary area, have been that way for a long time. Most of the time, nobody is aware and nobody cares. It will go back to that soon.

Date: April 28, 2015 22:41

Baltimore will play a baseball game tomorrow to a closed to public empty stadium. This chaos is not restricted to just the poorest neighborhoods.

Posted by: keefed ()
Date: April 28, 2015 22:54

DoomandGloom
Rokyfan
MisterDDDD
MingSubu
DoomandGloom

What a load of garbage.

+1

Good Lawd.
say what you will but a MLB game was canceled yesterday and today. Baltimore is not nearly as downtrodden as some of these zip cities. To say it's a stretch for tourism to be effected is bizarre, the police abandoned the citizendry for most of the day. When the tour schedule came out I was shocked at the choices, seemed reckless and financially risky to travel to many of these places deep in the summer.

Don't know! I'm from Europe and since Brigdes I have been there in the USA on every tour!
This time me and my wife chose the Columbus-Dallas-Atlanta round, driving & 2-3 nights in one city and a 5-day-long NYC. I managed to book cheap flight (already paid), booked a car for 30usd/day and got to book good motels and hotels at a reasonable price. I've been doing this on previous tours and everyone of them was a lifelong experience...smiling smiley
So, do you think, that for semi-experienced tourists like us would be dangerous or risky to drive around on Highways and spend 3 days in Dallas, Columbus, Nashville or Atlanta? We did that last year in Europe, Paris, Dusseldorf, Amsterdam, Vienna, Madrid, and everything was fine. I do not think it would be any different in the States. Otherwise, being on the road is much more convenient and cheaper in the US than in Europe...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 28, 2015 22:55

DoomandGloom
Baltimore will play a baseball game tomorrow to a closed to public empty stadium. This chaos is not restricted to just the poorest neighborhoods.

Steve Winwood just cancelled his concert there.

Posted by: kohoutek ()
Date: April 28, 2015 23:00

keefed, you'll be fine in all of those cities, all of which are actually nice. Like any city, each has its bad parts, but it's not difficult to avoid those.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 28, 2015 23:05

For the love of Gawd.
The Rolling Stones are not playing in Baltimore.

However... at first I thought you were just being a big drama queen, I now believe you are right. You better stay safe and sound in safe confines of the upper east side. Really sorry you won't be at the shows.. you will be undoubtably missed.
Safety First!

Date: April 28, 2015 23:06

kohoutek
keefed, you'll be fine in all of those cities, all of which are actually nice. Like any city, each has its bad parts, but it's not difficult to avoid those.
agreed

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: April 28, 2015 23:09

NO MOVEMENT IN STONES' TICKET SALES...

Date: April 28, 2015 23:12

MisterDDDD
For the love of Gawd.
The Rolling Stones are not playing in Baltimore.

However... at first I thought you were just being a big drama queen, I now believe you are right. You better stay safe and sound in safe confines of the upper east side. Really sorry you won't be at the shows.. you will be undoubtably missed.
Safety First!
Williamsburg Brooklyn.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-28 23:17 by DoomandGloom.

Date: April 28, 2015 23:17

kohoutek

stop being reasonable, people are trying to create panic here, you are making it difficult for them. A baseball game has been rescheduled. Civilization is collapsing.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 28, 2015 23:22

keefed

So, do you think, that for semi-experienced tourists like us would be dangerous or risky to drive around on Highways and spend 3 days in Dallas, Columbus, Nashville or Atlanta? We did that last year in Europe, Paris, Dusseldorf, Amsterdam, Vienna, Madrid, and everything was fine. I do not think it would be any different in the States. Otherwise, being on the road is much more convenient and cheaper in the US than in Europe...

It won't be any more risky than it would in any other part of the US, and a lot less risky than many places, here and elsewhere. There was looting etc. after Hurricane Katrina, but that doesn't mean people should be afraid to visit New Orleans. (In fact, please do visit New Orleans!) There's a lot of alarmism going on right now, where the violent minority gets all the coverage at the expense of the peaceful vast majority. Nobody should let the current news affect their plans this summer. smiling smiley

Date: April 28, 2015 23:23

Rokyfan
kohoutek

stop being reasonable, people are trying to create panic here, you are making it difficult for them. A baseball game has been rescheduled. Civilization is collapsing.
I am not trying to create panic just saying the tour has chosen some scary cities. I just visited Milwaukee recently, there are record shootings there. It was uncomfortable, not a recreation spot.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 28, 2015 23:25

DoomandGloom
Rokyfan
kohoutek

I am not trying to create panic just saying the tour has chosen some scary cities. I just visited Milwaukee recently, there are record shootings there. It was uncomfortable, not a recreation spot.

There is nothing scary about any of these cities. There are some areas in every city that are best avoided, that's all.

Date: April 28, 2015 23:28

And there are areas a stone's throw from Williamsburg just as bad (as was Williamsburg a decade or so ago, before it became the trendoid capital of the world du jour). I have no familiarity with Milwaukee but I m sure there are very nice areas as well. And I like to exaggerate to have fun, I know you are not trying to create panic. I was born and raised in NYC and have lived in NY for all of my 61 years (and can't wait to get out). I get the view that everything not in NY sucks but I really do not think safety is a reason to knock the tour schedule.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 29, 2015 00:05

Looks like some unnecessary spreading of doom and gloom going on here.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: April 29, 2015 00:08

You could be in parts of Baltimore right now, eating a picnic lunch in a park, feeling the sun shine and you would have no idea what was going on in a bad part of the city. Of course one should be aware, watch the news and read/watch other information sources before planning a picnic so one can avoid the bad areas and that applies to EVERY city in EVERY country on the planet which has too many humans living there.

As usual there are glass half full people and there
are constantly spouting doom and gloom type of people.

Be optimistic

Rest assured, the sky is not falling,
it will stay up there up like it always has.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 29, 2015 00:10

thumbs up

Posted by: Snoopy ()
Date: April 29, 2015 01:10

DoomandGloom
Rokyfan
kohoutek

Huh..I have good friends in Milwaukee with children who say they love living there and that it's quite nice actually. Maybe they've just been extremely lucky all these years..Come to think of it, there are bears here in Alaska, maybe I should move..

Posted by: JimmyTheSaint ()
Date: April 29, 2015 01:12

DoomandGloom

Doom and Gloom indeed.

If you want to feel safe at a Stones show this summer, Buffalo is the place to be.

The stadium is in Orchard Park which is home to wealthy doctors, ambulance chasers and professional athletes and far from the inner city types you would rather not encounter.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 29, 2015 02:12

San Diego is another very safe city, despite it's close proximity to the often very violent border town of Tijuana, Mexico. Looking at the cities on this tour I wouldn't feel unsafe visiting any of them...except of course the fact that they will be filled with thousands of freaky Rolling Stones fans, long haired radicals with little respect for the law, probably high on drugs...oh wait that was the 70's...carry on.

peace

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950...LastNext
Current Page: 45 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2066
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home