Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3940414243444546474849...LastNext
Current Page: 44 of 66
Re: The Rolling Stones ZIP CODE Tour 2015
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 27, 2015 04:17

you'd have to meet up once inside and look at both pairs of tickets, then decide where you want to sit.

plexi

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 27, 2015 04:24

gkowalewski
So my "plan" for this tour is- I have regular tix that I got in one of the presales, ok seats, but not great. I also was fortunate enough to get Lucky dip tix for the same gig...so 2 of our friends are coming to the show, they take the presales and my wife and I go in with the Lucky dips. My wife and I will sit in whichever are the best seats. Any comments on this strategy will be appreciated!

To me it seems like it might depend on how good a friend it was...
I can't see doing it that way with a good friend.. "Hey these are nosebleeds.. we're going to need those tickets back... Enjoy the show!!"

Course, if you're buying all the tickets then that changes things.
A more fair way might be to split the costs of all the tickets, and then flip a coin over who gets which set before going...

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: April 27, 2015 04:38

MisterDDDD
gkowalewski
So my "plan" for this tour is- I have regular tix that I got in one of the presales, ok seats, but not great. I also was fortunate enough to get Lucky dip tix for the same gig...so 2 of our friends are coming to the show, they take the presales and my wife and I go in with the Lucky dips. My wife and I will sit in whichever are the best seats. Any comments on this strategy will be appreciated!

To me it seems like it might depend on how good a friend it was...
I can't see doing it that way with a good friend.. "Hey these are nosebleeds.. we're going to need those tickets back... Enjoy the show!!"

Course, if you're buying all the tickets then that changes things.
A more fair way might be to split the costs of all the tickets, and then flip a coin over who gets which set before going...

That's exactly what happened to me when I tried something similar for a theatre show. The other pair got nosebleeds and I ended up in 4th row. I felt so bad that I ended up taking the nosebleeds for the 2nd half.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-27 04:38 by josepi.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: April 27, 2015 04:49

As far as lucky dip tickets, I have always been able to get the tix and still go outside before going in...

Posted by: vibrolux ()
Date: April 27, 2015 04:49

Also depends on the "who pays how much" arrangement. If your friends are paying for the "dips" then there should be no heartburn no matter what they end up with.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: April 27, 2015 06:45

gkowalewski

I have been to shows with people over the years where somebody or 2 of us had 3rd row or 2nd row and we/they would take a break and walk back to the not so good seats and let our friends use our tickets to walk down for a while and see the show from close up for 3-4 songs and then come back and we/they would go back down... mix it up... like friends do.

Of course the venue sometimes issues wrist bands for the floor, but I have never really had the dumbos at the security check points be overly concerned about them, they were looking at tickets.

bottom line____>
Be honest with your friends... you know?
Act like a friend, be a friend, do what a friend does.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 27, 2015 15:24

Micks looking good in this pic on FaceBook.

Looks like it was taken in U.K. somewhere looking at the electric sockets.

That's as near as I can pinpoint the location for his limbering up for the Tour. >grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-27 15:35 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: April 27, 2015 15:25

Mick starts working on his moves

[twitter.com]

edit: argh, crawdaddy beat me to it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-27 15:26 by Nikkei.

Date: April 27, 2015 15:29

thumbs up

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: April 27, 2015 16:09

Nikkei
Mick starts working on his moves

[twitter.com]

edit: argh, crawdaddy beat me to it

That passe is God-awful...somebody call the Ballet Police! C'mon Mick - Point that foot! Lift that knee! Turn out that supporting leg!! Don't even get me started on those arms/hands...winking smiley

Date: April 27, 2015 16:12

This is obviously not ballet, Mick is clearly practising the aerobic opening moves of the original SMU video. smoking smiley

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: April 27, 2015 16:24

^^^
I think we're both right...it's Ballerobics! Here's hoping he breaks out the yellow football tights grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-27 16:25 by Plink.

Date: April 27, 2015 16:32

He might have hired The Royal Ballet School in Richmond Park to get his ' Just like Jagger' dance moves practiced.

Then again he might be in his personal dance trainers studio.

Been doing it for 50 odd years ,but a bit of limbering up will help him get back in it again.

Go for it Mick. winking smiley

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: April 27, 2015 17:21

This might be just a diversion. Maybe he's just practicing his moves for "Y.M.C.A." to help out all those folks who paid $2,000 for vip tickets and cant make rent this month.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-27 17:28 by josepi.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 27, 2015 18:35

Mick looks great, ready to rehearse and tour!

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 27, 2015 19:02

Mick does look great!

Leave it to a stones fanatic to immediately place the country of origin from the wiring. Love it. Four weeks from today, we'll be busy kibitzing all the details of the tour opener. Yay.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 27, 2015 19:57

He's in the UK or in a (former perhaps) British commonwealth country. They still use the British plug in Singapore, for example.

Posted by: gkowalewski ()
Date: April 27, 2015 21:38

I paid for all the tix...they understand the scenario and are happy to see the Stones no matter where they sit!

Date: April 27, 2015 21:43

I do know my electric sockets around the world. smiling smiley

About 3 adaptors fits most places.

Still reckon he is doing his dance moves in London area somewhere, and not Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia or Canada.

The Tour is just about 4 weeks away and when Ronnie and Chuck do their gigs, rehearsals will be happening soon after I reckon. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: April 27, 2015 22:14

bye bye johnny
weinerdog
That petco park/stones logo is cool.

Do the Stones do any venue specific shirts/posters?

As mentioned, it was done last year. Some really great stuff. Take a look - [www.iorr.org]

There's also different tongues for this tour. Nice sized Indy one here - [www.iorr.org]

Those are cool logos. I hope they make the t-shirts & posters available online before the shows. Although official Stones t-shirts tend to be $40-$50.

If you are looking for a great Stones T cheap, try JCPenny.com. Got a great US Tour Stones T-shirt there for $10.

Date: April 27, 2015 22:39

crawdaddy

Still reckon he is doing his dance moves in London area somewhere, and not Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia or Canada.

The Tour is just about 4 weeks away and when Ronnie and Chuck do their gigs, rehearsals will be happening soon after I reckon. >grinning smiley<

Yes, Mick's in England right now. The Stones will head to LA in a week to start rehearsals. I don't know if they all arrive at once, or stagger in.

it will be interesting to see where in LA they do a tune-up gig. Also, I think when you start a new tour, you need to do a dress rehearsal on the new stage in a stadium, to make sure all the logistics work. So that would probably be Saturday May 23. As we know Mick is a control freak, and will want to test everything out to make sure its perfect for opening night.

If you see them driving down to San Diego on Friday May 22, you can bet the stadium dress rehearsal is the next day/night.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 28, 2015 02:10

Gfmsoccer
crawdaddy

Yes, Mick's in England right now. The Stones will head to LA in a week to start rehearsals. I don't know if they all arrive at once, or stagger in.

it will be interesting to see where in LA they do a tune-up gig. Also, I think when you start a new tour, you need to do a dress rehearsal on the new stage in a stadium, to make sure all the logistics work. So that would probably be Saturday May 23. As we know Mick is a control freak, and will want to test everything out to make sure its perfect for opening night.

If you see them driving down to San Diego on Friday May 22, you can bet the stadium dress rehearsal is the next day/night.

A stadium dress rehearsal??

Date: April 28, 2015 02:22

drbryant

They do those kinds of things. It resonates in the empty stadium and can be heard everywhere. Here's a picture of one (BV took it in Abu Dhabi)

Date: April 28, 2015 03:09

Nikkei
drbryant

They do those kinds of things. It resonates in the empty stadium and can be heard everywhere. Here's a picture of one (BV took it in Abu Dhabi)
Exactly!
when you have a whole new stage, for a new tour, you have to practice on it and get in sync with the crew before the opening show. You don't do that for every stadium, but you do before the 1st one.

If they don't do it the day before the 1st show, expect an extended sound check rehearsal on the day of the show.

Posted by: Paddy2008 ()
Date: April 28, 2015 07:58

Why Oh Why no Seattle, Vancouver, Portland shows! West coast is kinda neglected.

Date: April 28, 2015 10:03

I remember in Oslo on Saturday before the show,which was on Monday,they did the whole gig from start to finish at Telenor Arena.

About 20-30 fans there in afternoon and early evening and the sound was so good outside the Arena.

Made my day when got back to town and met Chuck and his wife having a stroll along the main street in Oslo. winking smiley

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: April 28, 2015 13:17

crawdaddy
I remember in Oslo on Saturday before the show,which was on Monday,they did the whole gig from start to finish at Telenor Arena.

About 20-30 fans there in afternoon and early evening and the sound was so good outside the Arena.

Made my day when got back to town and met Chuck and his wife having a stroll along the main street in Oslo. winking smiley

Same for Chicago Soldier Field back in the day and Gillette Stadium and Fenway Park.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: April 28, 2015 14:59

Meanwhile there's another riot in a medium sized city in North America. Call me a snob but I'll wait for the band to come back to NYC. The unrest here is unpresidented and smaller cities are not prepared for this violence. This is not a political post but instead a heads up to travelers in The US this summer, book the very best hotels and be prepared to flee at the first hint of street violence. Street Fighting Man is just a song and this is stacking up to be a terrible summer in The US. Don't accuse me of being gloomy the facts are unfolding as of now. There are some cities on the zip list I would not go near right now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-28 15:02 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 28, 2015 15:02

is everyone ready ? without any further delay ,the GREATEST rock and roll band in the world THE ROLLING STONES !!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-28 15:03 by TheGreek.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 28, 2015 15:03

Would be great, if they play Oh No, Not you again and Rough Justice on this Leg.
Or better, if they play it in europe , Summer 2016.
jeroen

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3940414243444546474849...LastNext
Current Page: 44 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1629
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home