Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748...LastNext
Current Page: 43 of 66
Re: The Rolling Stones ZIP CODE Tour 2015
Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 25, 2015 22:06

DREAMTIME
Besides The Who, Now Aerosmith's tour is in meltdown...

We may finally be at the end.....

Whats this about Aerosmith being in meltdown?

Posted by: weinerdog ()
Date: April 25, 2015 23:35

podiumboy
I'm actually going to be seeing U2 in Chicago on 7/2. It's their 5th Chicago show, and it was so easy to get GA floor seats. I just got on TM, clicked 4 floor seats, and bought them. No presales, no paying 10x face value from brokers. It should be noted that in Chicago their first 3 shows are sold out, the 4th show is 90% full, just some nosebleeds. The 5th show on July 2nd, though... it's gonna have a lot of empty seas. A few things have happened with U2;

1. The free album /Apple scandal really hurt their public image
2. Their prices are very high compared to previous tours.
3. The 360 tour in 2009-2011 was so highly attended that a lot of casual fans probably came, saw, and crossed U2 off their concert bucket list.
4. They are an "aging band" who are not going to have hit singles anymore. Their last true hit was "Vertigo" in 2005. It happens. I happen to like Songs of Innocence, but I think it'd be weird to have a band in their mid 50s competing in the charts with Taylor Swift and Katy Perry.

Well said. I'm a big U2 fan, and going to the first two Chicago shows. I really think they're doing EXTREMELY well, all things considered. How many bands could sell the vast majority of five arena shows in Chicago at their prices? I think the answer is zero, and that includes the Stones(no offense).

Their latest album has got very little airplay or promotion, and they had to cancel the week on the Tonight Show because of Bono's mishap. I have friends who bought extra tickets from me because they had no idea U2 was even touring.

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: April 26, 2015 01:28

DREAMTIME
Let's not forget that they still make profit at 80% capacity. The real question they have to ask is 1. Is this the total amount of current concert going fans or 2. Did we shut out our blue collar fans because we charged too much?

We. Are you part of the Stones? Oh, no

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 26, 2015 04:27

Patti on twitter, rocking a Yankees cap, and looking very tour ready. smiling smiley

Go team!!!

@Patti Hansen

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 26, 2015 04:44

latebloomer
Patti on twitter, rocking a Yankees cap, and looking very tour ready. smiling smiley

But I thought wives and girlfriends weren't allowed on tour.......oh yeah that was before they all had grandkids...smoking smiley Nice picture of Patti!

peace

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 26, 2015 05:33

Naturalust
latebloomer

But I thought wives and girlfriends weren't allowed on tour.......oh yeah that was before they all had grandkids...smoking smiley Nice picture of Patti!

peace

It sure is...makeup free and she still looks amazing. Wishing her continued good health and happiness.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: April 26, 2015 06:18

alhavu1
DREAMTIME
Let's not forget that they still make profit at 80% capacity. The real question they have to ask is 1. Is this the total amount of current concert going fans or 2. Did we shut out our blue collar fans because we charged too much?

besides being a dickhead for making a personal attack, try re-reading several times and maybe you'll understand....

hint: "The real question they have to ask is....(2)...Did we...

do you understand the english language now?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 26, 2015 06:34

latebloomer
Naturalust
latebloomer

peace

It sure is...makeup free and she still looks amazing. Wishing her continued good health and happiness.

With looks like that who needs makeup? But a question for you bloomer....the Yankees play in the spring and summer, she looks a bit too bundled up for a baseball game, what was the event? Did the twitter feed say?

peace

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: April 26, 2015 07:09

Naturalust
latebloomer
Naturalust
latebloomer

peace

With looks like that who needs makeup? But a question for you bloomer....the Yankees play in the spring and summer, she looks a bit too bundled up for a baseball game, what was the event? Did the twitter feed say?

peace

yankee/met game today in da bronx and it's still cold here...(notice nyc cop)

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: April 26, 2015 07:48

Gorgeous...
I have admired her since I saw her in the movie "They all laughed"
Keith is indeed a lucky man... and I think he knows it.

I love the Stones for so many reasons!
IM READY FOR THE ZIP CODE TOUR!!!!

Where will you see them?
I guess it all depends on your ZIP CODE.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-26 08:05 by Leonioid.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 26, 2015 10:26

drbryant
drbryant
For those who missed out in the general sale, one good way to get an idea of how easy it will be to get reasonably priced tickets as the show date approaches is to monitor how well tickets are selling on Stubhub. Usually, most of the tickets that will be put up for sale are listed by the end of the day following the start of the General Sale. So, as of 12 midnight Pacific time last night, the numbers for a few select cities were:

San Diego: 3756
Minneapolis: 2750
Dallas: 7095
Milwaukee: 3303
Kansas City: 3940
Buffalo: 4200

To be honest, except for Dallas, those totals are a bit lower than I would have expected. Check the totals from time to time to see how well a show is selling on the secondary market - if the number is not decreasing at all, then you might be able to snag good seats as a better price later on. Not foolproof, but a good guide.

Two weeks after the General On Sale,these are the revised totals of available tickets on Stubhub. Remember that this nets out new listings and sold tickets (or removed listings). The total available tickets have actually increased in Minneapolis and Buffalo, and decreased only slightly in Kansas City.

San Diego: 2609 (-1147)
Minneapolis: 3065 (+315)
Dallas: 6931 (-164)
Milwaukee: w 3030 (-273)
Kansas City: 3772 (-168)
Buffalo: 4211 (+11)

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: April 26, 2015 17:01

Naturalust
latebloomer
Naturalust
latebloomer

peace

With looks like that who needs makeup? But a question for you bloomer....the Yankees play in the spring and summer, she looks a bit too bundled up for a baseball game, what was the event? Did the twitter feed say.

peace

Her wristband says Game 7.

Posted by: smashmark ()
Date: April 26, 2015 17:06

LSTNT
Naturalust
latebloomer
Naturalust
latebloomer

peace

With looks like that who needs makeup? But a question for you bloomer....the Yankees play in the spring and summer, she looks a bit too bundled up for a baseball game, what was the event? Did the twitter feed say.

peace

Her wristband says Game 7.

Friday night april 24th was the 7th home game of the season for the Yanks. It was freezing out.

Posted by: GS1978 ()
Date: April 26, 2015 17:07

deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-26 17:08 by GS1978.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 26, 2015 17:48

flacnvinyl
DREAMTIME
Besides The Who, Now Aerosmith's tour is in meltdown...

We may finally be at the end.....

Whats this about Aerosmith being in meltdown?

Yes I was wondering about these two tours being in meltdown ? Any articles ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: April 26, 2015 18:23

Leonioid, those look like some pretty groovy acid tabs...

Date: April 26, 2015 21:49

weinerdog
podiumboy
I'm actually going to be seeing U2 in Chicago on 7/2. It's their 5th Chicago show, and it was so easy to get GA floor seats. I just got on TM, clicked 4 floor seats, and bought them. No presales, no paying 10x face value from brokers. It should be noted that in Chicago their first 3 shows are sold out, the 4th show is 90% full, just some nosebleeds. The 5th show on July 2nd, though... it's gonna have a lot of empty seas. A few things have happened with U2;

1. The free album /Apple scandal really hurt their public image
2. Their prices are very high compared to previous tours.
3. The 360 tour in 2009-2011 was so highly attended that a lot of casual fans probably came, saw, and crossed U2 off their concert bucket list.
4. They are an "aging band" who are not going to have hit singles anymore. Their last true hit was "Vertigo" in 2005. It happens. I happen to like Songs of Innocence, but I think it'd be weird to have a band in their mid 50s competing in the charts with Taylor Swift and Katy Perry.

Well said. I'm a big U2 fan, and going to the first two Chicago shows. I really think they're doing EXTREMELY well, all things considered. How many bands could sell the vast majority of five arena shows in Chicago at their prices? I think the answer is zero, and that includes the Stones(no offense).

Their latest album has got very little airplay or promotion, and they had to cancel the week on the Tonight Show because of Bono's mishap. I have friends who bought extra tickets from me because they had no idea U2 was even touring.

I agree that U2 may not be doing as well as they have in the past, or perhaps as well as they had hoped, but any band that can play eight nights at MSG is still in very good shape.

Madonna on the other hand, has had a hard time selling out one show in Brooklyn. She announced a second MSG night, but the first has not sold out. He popularity seems to have just evaporated - interestingly, one thing that people are pointing to as the reason for her problems: she emphasizes her new material, which people are not that interested in, and ignores her older albums.

Date: April 26, 2015 21:57

By the way, in case anyone isn't paying attention JUST FOUR WEEKS until opening night.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 26, 2015 22:34

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: April 26, 2015 22:56

DREAMTIME
alhavu1
DREAMTIME

besides being a dickhead for making a personal attack, try re-reading several times and maybe you'll understand....

hint: "The real question they have to ask is....(2)...Did we...

do you understand the english language now?

Hee hee

Date: April 26, 2015 22:59

That petco park/stones logo is cool.

Do the Stones do any venue specific shirts/posters?

Date: April 26, 2015 23:03

peoplewitheyes
Leonioid, those look like some pretty groovy acid tabs...

Date: April 26, 2015 23:06

weinerdog

They did all across Europe and down under last fall, EVERY CITY had its own,
I am hoping hoping hoping they do it for all cities in the U.S too. PLEASE!!!

They hired (I think) local artist to submit art and sold
posters $75,000000 so they made good money on them, so lets
hope it was worth their time and they do it all again and again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-26 23:10 by Leonioid.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 26, 2015 23:15

weinerdog

As mentioned, it was done last year. Some really great stuff. Take a look - [www.iorr.org]

There's also different tongues for this tour. Nice sized Indy one here - [www.iorr.org]

Date: April 26, 2015 23:21

Thank you bye bye johnny - newb mistake smiling smiley

Btw - those are awesome!

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: April 27, 2015 00:58

Naturalust
latebloomer

peace

Surely the point of excluding wives from a tour would be so girlfriends could come on tour.

Nate >grinning smiley<

Posted by: gkowalewski ()
Date: April 27, 2015 03:04

So my "plan" for this tour is- I have regular tix that I got in one of the presales, ok seats, but not great. I also was fortunate enough to get Lucky dip tix for the same gig...so 2 of our friends are coming to the show, they take the presales and my wife and I go in with the Lucky dips. My wife and I will sit in whichever are the best seats. Any comments on this strategy will be appreciated!

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 27, 2015 03:21

Do your "friends" know the plan?
confused smiley

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 27, 2015 03:45

gkowalewski
So my "plan" for this tour is- I have regular tix that I got in one of the presales, ok seats, but not great. I also was fortunate enough to get Lucky dip tix for the same gig...so 2 of our friends are coming to the show, they take the presales and my wife and I go in with the Lucky dips. My wife and I will sit in whichever are the best seats. Any comments on this strategy will be appreciated!

Seems good to me.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: April 27, 2015 04:03

gkowalewski

Wishing you the best on what looks like a decent strategy. I tried a similar strategy for a Licks theatre show and it backfired, hope it works out for you.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748...LastNext
Current Page: 43 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1305
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home