Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3233343536373839404142...LastNext
Current Page: 37 of 66
Re: The Rolling Stones ZIP CODE Tour 2015
Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: April 17, 2015 00:02

argentina92
Thank you Leonioid ! .. I live near from river plate stadium. I wish they play here!
Right on man, what is better in the world than walking to a Stones show, it will be great.

I would bet they will be there next, maybe in Septmeber October? Start of your summer? I'd love to be there to see some South American shows, they sound like a blast!

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 17, 2015 02:20

LetsWork
I have section 209 in Minneapolis. I hope the seats give a full view of the stage, but I wonder if I will get some cut off.

If that's the case, does anyone have luck complaining to a staffer and asking politely for an upgrade?

Section 209 should be fine, in fact quite a good angle for a football stadium.

Posted by: Troutmask69 ()
Date: April 17, 2015 03:05

Thanks for this. I love to follow this too, and still need tickets for milwaukee, so this saves me some research

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: April 17, 2015 13:15

Beast
Nate
I know that Ronnie has flown to the States today,it is too early for rehearsals so I wonder if they might be doing some work in the studio?

Nate thumbs up

Well, he won't be there for toooo long - he has to be back in London for his appearance at The Ambassadors on 29 April or else some of us will not be best pleased!

Including Pam and me !! See you there !

Chriseganstar

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: April 17, 2015 16:57

/Users/apple/Desktop/IMG_0935.jpg

Posted by: tomy1 ()
Date: April 17, 2015 17:38

I'm going to the Orlando show and have a basic seating question - does anyone know how many seats are in a row in Sections F3/F6 and F4/F5? These would be equal to B/E and C/D in other stadiums?

Date: April 17, 2015 18:08

josepi
Ok, here's how the drops are going to play out using Columbus as an example for all of the soft selling shows....

Wed Apr 15, sapphires (rows 15-25) were being offered in row 20. Around noon, rows 24 & 25 became general tickets at $424. As the next few days pass, we

should see them squeeze together, i.e., sapphires in maybe row 22 offered, general tickets in row 23. At some point, they will meet. When this happens, the back of the emeralds (row 14) will drop to $424 general. Once the emeralds and re-allocated generals from emeralds meet, we should shortly thereafter see unsold diamonds re-allocated to general $424. Once they meet, .... platinums (if any are left).

Just guesssing, of course... but looks likely that this is how they'll do it.

Sounds more and more like airline tickets pricing strategies....confused smileyconfused smiley

Mike

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: carlosrr ()
Date: April 17, 2015 19:00

Waahooo...just got my Columbus tix in the mail.......

"Support International Tourism,
Visit Matamoros, Mexico"

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: April 17, 2015 23:58

Columbus "buy on map" is up on TM. And the seat numbers are going the wrong way in Sec C - for now anyway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-18 00:37 by josepi.

Posted by: Snoopy ()
Date: April 18, 2015 01:38

Raleigh buy on map is up as well

Date: April 18, 2015 01:48

Orlando on the map now.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: April 18, 2015 02:49

caschimann
/Users/apple/Desktop/IMG_0935.jpg

To post pictures you have to copy them from your computer to one of the
free internet picture hosting site like imgur.com or tinypic.com or photobucket.com

Once your picture is on the internet you post it
here by placing the image location between two brackets.
[ i m g ] image location [ / i m g ]
do not use spaces between the letters

You can practice without uploading by using picture on the internet,
select the pic, view image and then right click to "copy image location",
then paste the image location between the brackets. It is a lot easier to do than write.

The official IORR explaination is here [www.iorr.org]
scroll down to the official How to publish a picture on the IORR forum pages.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: April 18, 2015 06:20

Forget where I have read it, but might as well ask here. Think it was a one time deal too.

Say you find a better seat, in the same price category, than the one you already purchased. Will Ticketmaster exchange your ticket?

Thanks! smiling smiley

Posted by: weinerdog ()
Date: April 18, 2015 06:24

I'd call up Ticketmaster. It doesn't hurt to try, although they're really not obligated to.

Just play nice, and if you're a pretty frequent customer they might see that in your account and process your new order on the phone while cancelling your old one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-18 06:27 by weinerdog.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 18, 2015 13:30

drbryant
drbryant
For those who missed out in the general sale, one good way to get an idea of how easy it will be to get reasonably priced tickets as the show date approaches is to monitor how well tickets are selling on Stubhub. Usually, most of the tickets that will be put up for sale are listed by the end of the day following the start of the General Sale. So, as of 12 midnight Pacific time last night, the numbers for a few select cities were:

San Diego: 3756
Minneapolis: 2750
Dallas: 7095
Milwaukee: 3303
Kansas City: 3940
Buffalo: 4200

To be honest, except for Dallas, those totals are a bit lower than I would have expected. Check the totals from time to time to see how well a show is selling on the secondary market - if the number is not decreasing at all, then you might be able to snag good seats at a better price later on. Not foolproof, but a good guide.

A public service announcement. Updated numbers 24 hours later:

San Diego: 3471 (-285)
Minneapolis: 2705 (-45)
Dallas: 6891 (-204)
Milwaukee: 3254 (-49)
Kansas City: 3955 (+15)
Buffalo: 4322 (+122)m

Keep in mind that new totals would include new tickets listed, and subtract tickets sold.

My take is that if I were a buyer, I wouldn't be too concerned about waiting a while. Usually, the week or so after the general onsale is the period where secondary market activity (and prices) are the highest. As you can see, the number of available tickets have actually increased in KC and Buffalo, indicating not much interest in those markets. The only show I would be worried about would be San Diego. A decrease of 285 tickets (7.5% of the available tickets) over a 24 hour period is pretty significant. If they announce another show, that situation changes overnight, of course. Doesn't rule out price drops - are VIP packages still available in San Diego, or have they sold out as well?

Update
San Diego 3111 (-645)
Minneapolis 3023 (+273)
Dallas: 6707 (-385)
Milwaukee: 3263 (-40)
Kansas City: 3944 (+4)
Buffalo: 4404 (+204)

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: April 18, 2015 15:25

MingSubu
Forget where I have read it, but might as well ask here. Think it was a one time deal too.

Say you find a better seat, in the same price category, than the one you already purchased. Will Ticketmaster exchange your ticket?

Thanks! smiling smiley
They did for me last May for the 1st Toronto show, were very helpful in fact, I ended up with a great seat 5 rows back from the pit.

Chriseganstar

Satisfied since 1976

Date: April 18, 2015 16:07

Found this on TM's site.

Exchanges

Don't suffer from seat envy. If you see seats you prefer that are the same price or higher for your event, call 800-653-8000 to exchange the ones you have and just pay the difference, if any. Tickets bought at a Ticketmaster retail location must be exchanged at the same location. One exchange per person, per event

We can't refund or exchange tickets for events that are less than 7 days away, and we can't refund or exchange resale ticket purchases for TM+ events.

Some non-participating venues (and artists, teams, etc.) have a "no refunds or exchanges" policy. But if the event is close and you can't make it, we'll do everything we can to help. Contact us!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-18 16:36 by MingSubu.

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: April 18, 2015 16:31

Exchanges - VIP absolutely not, others depends on venue. Raleigh - yes, Nashville and ATL no.

Date: April 18, 2015 16:41

No exchanges for Pittsburgh. Just got off the phone with a TM rep.

Posted by: sdr ()
Date: April 18, 2015 18:13

If anyone is looking for a cheap ATL ticket, look at the platinum tickets, section 204L row 4. Selling for $20. Obviously a mistake on Ticket Alternative's end, hopefully to a fan's gain.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-18 18:22 by sdr.

Posted by: argentina92 ()
Date: April 18, 2015 18:22

sdr
If anyone is looking for a cheap ATL ticket, look at the platinum tickets, section 204L row 4. Selling for $20. Think it's a mistake on Ticket Alternative's end, hopefully to a fan's gain.

I want it ! But I can't access at this @#$%& web sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-18 18:22 by argentina92.

Date: April 18, 2015 18:40

argentina92
sdr
If anyone is looking for a cheap ATL ticket, look at the platinum tickets, section 204L row 4. Selling for $20. Think it's a mistake on Ticket Alternative's end, hopefully to a fan's gain.

I want it ! But I can't access at this @#$%& web sad smiley

I tried to put them in my cart but got the message "unable to secure seats in this price level". I'm not going to buy them, just wanted to see what would happen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-18 18:40 by josepi.

Posted by: sdr ()
Date: April 18, 2015 19:22

Just tried to put in my cart and got the same message. They must have a minimum price that these tickets don't meet. Sorry! Thought someone could get lucky and snag these before TA realized they left off a zero.

Date: April 18, 2015 19:32

Some of us "old-times" may recall discussions regarding Event Inventory. Before the public sales start, select seats are loaded into the event inventory database and made available only to the brokers. That's why a lot of the seats "appear" to have been sold to the scalpers without a chance for the fans to buy them. The brokers do not own these seats. They all advertise the same seats on their websites, and each sets his own price. Anything that does not sell will in time be linked back to the primary seller - just another part of the "drop" process.

[www.eventinventory.com]

Just be patient and only buy the seats you really want.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-18 19:46 by josepi.

Posted by: Dunny ()
Date: April 18, 2015 19:58

Change of plan need good ticket for Orlando. I am based UK and would like to hear from any one with one spare single ticket. Cancel request for Pittsburgh PA Please get in touch +44 7768 792044 simon@pchl.co

Keep rockin' see you there.

Please help if you can, most urgent.

Dunny

Posted by: StonesHood ()
Date: April 18, 2015 20:20

josepi
Some of us "old-times" may recall discussions regarding Event Inventory. Before the public sales start, select seats are loaded into the event inventory database and made available only to the brokers. That's why a lot of the seats "appear" to have been sold to the scalpers without a chance for the fans to buy them. The brokers do not own these seats. They all advertise the same seats on their websites, and each sets his own price. Anything that does not sell will in time be linked back to the primary seller - just another part of the "drop" process.

[www.eventinventory.com]

Just be patient and only buy the seats you really want.

Thank You to "keefduck" from Shidoobee for this info

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-19 07:59 by StonesHood.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: April 19, 2015 18:08

MingSubu

Go to a ticketmaster outlet with your hard tix I have done it many times. In Boston 2013 I bought some $160.00 tickets in the balcony. Four weeks later they lowered some of the $400.00 lodge seats to $160.00 brought 3 pairs to an outlet and they switched me to lodge no problem. I also did another pair for my buddy over the phone.

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: April 19, 2015 19:04

virgil
MingSubu

Go to a ticketmaster outlet with your hard tix I have done it many times. In Boston 2013 I bought some $160.00 tickets in the balcony. Four weeks later they lowered some of the $400.00 lodge seats to $160.00 brought 3 pairs to an outlet and they switched me to lodge no problem. I also did another pair for my buddy over the phone.

That's because the TD Garden allows exchanges. Heinz Field does not. Ticketmadter hss no say in the matter.

Stones at AT&T Park...........
Posted by: vincentwhirlwind ()
Date: April 19, 2015 20:02

If the Stones added a show at AT&T Park , or Levi Stadium, would it make a difference if I bought ticket's on line or at the box office?

Re: Stones at AT&T Park...........
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 19, 2015 20:07

Seems rather unlikely at this point so it's kind of a moot question. But to answer it, it certainly depends on who is promoting the concert, whether they would even have a traditional box office for ticket sales. Based on the ticket sales for the other shows this tour it appears the first ones in line during the various pre-sales initially got the best tickets at the best price. I expect there will be quite a few stories of good deals that were had closer to the show dates since these are such big venues.

peace

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3233343536373839404142...LastNext
Current Page: 37 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1460
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home