Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 66
Re: The Rolling Stones ZIP CODE Tour 2015
Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: April 15, 2015 08:00

Gfmsoccer
The Stones have not used Opening Acts on recent tours

They had opening acts on the European tour last year.
For the outdoor shows in Australia and New Zealand as well.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: April 15, 2015 08:41

They did do 21-23 Songs in 2012 and US/CAD 2013. So I m still hoping for a little increase of the setlist eye rolling smiley Mostly US gets extended shows compare to any other countries.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 15, 2015 10:42

erikjjf
Gfmsoccer

I always find it odd that people post things as "facts" that virtually everyone on this board knows are not correct. The Stones, of course, have consistently used opening acts for all of their Stadium shows, with the notable exception being shows in Japan.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-15 10:43 by drbryant.

Date: April 15, 2015 10:53

For those who missed out in the general sale, one good way to get an idea of how easy it will be to get reasonably priced tickets as the show date approaches is to monitor how well tickets are selling on Stubhub. Usually, most of the tickets that will be put up for sale are listed by the end of the day following the start of the General Sale. So, as of 12 midnight Pacific time last night, the numbers for a few select cities were:

San Diego: 3756
Minneapolis: 2750
Dallas: 7095
Milwaukee: 3303
Kansas City: 3940
Buffalo: 4200

To be honest, except for Dallas, those totals are a bit lower than I would have expected. Check the totals from time to time to see how well a show is selling on the secondary market - if the number is not decreasing at all, then you might be able to snag good seats as a better price later on. Not foolproof, but a good guide.

Posted by: skyhawk ()
Date: April 15, 2015 10:57

drbryant
erikjjf
Gfmsoccer

I always find it odd that people post things as "facts" that virtually everyone on this board knows are not correct. The Stones, of course, have consistently used opening acts for all of their Stadium shows, with the notable exception being shows in Japan.

2014 Opening acts at shows I went to:
Abu Dhabi: none
Landgraaf: festival, so plenty of opening acts
Paris: stadium, The Strutt
Duesseldorf: stadium, The Temperance Movement
Werchter: festival, so plenty of opening acts

Posted by: stonedbeggar ()
Date: April 15, 2015 12:27

Does anybody know what row does the first row start with? I had heard in europe sec b, c, d start with 4th row. Anybody know?
Thanks
Going to raleigh show

Date: April 15, 2015 13:45

stonedbeggar
Does anybody know what row does the first row start with? I had heard in europe sec b, c, d start with 4th row. Anybody know?
Thanks
Going to raleigh show

At some shows where they use a higher stage, the center sections start around row 4, because otherwise people up close would have very obstructed views. You can see it in this photo from Tokyo. But, in most cases, where the stageis a more "normal" height, it is flat, row 1 all across. It really depends on how they are going to set up the stage.

Date: April 15, 2015 15:44

Maindefender
Stones fanatics are Stones fanatics, plain and simple don't matter how old you are. I think it's cool to see so many new names on IORR associated with this tour!! Have a blast stones2000….can't wait to read your reviews.

The last three tours we have been to had 4 generations of fans nearby. Each had a blast!

Mike

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: jasona93 ()
Date: April 15, 2015 16:36

Grison
They did do 21-23 Songs in 2012 and US/CAD 2013. So I m still hoping for a little increase of the setlist eye rolling smiley Mostly US gets extended shows compare to any other countries.

With Rambler out of the set (presumably), they could squeeze 2 or even 3 quick ones in that spot, unless CYHMK is a staple. whatever they play, it will be the best night of the year!

Date: April 15, 2015 16:40

jasona93
Grison

With Rambler out of the set (presumably), they could squeeze 2 or even 3 quick ones in that spot, unless CYHMK is a staple. whatever they play, it will be the best night of the year!

I have said on here several times if they play 23 or 24 songs the set list problem goes away. With 23 or 24 songs there is room for all the War Horses and leaves lots of room to mix it up.

But please please please DROP MISS YOU...PLEASE!!!

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: April 15, 2015 17:13

They had TWO opening acts in Stockholm last summer. Being down in the Pit, made for a bit of an endurance test.

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: April 15, 2015 17:28

This is a good observation. I made a spreadsheet and will track the sales daily. Thanks!

drbryant
For those who missed out in the general sale, one good way to get an idea of how easy it will be to get reasonably priced tickets as the show date approaches is to monitor how well tickets are selling on Stubhub. Usually, most of the tickets that will be put up for sale are listed by the end of the day following the start of the General Sale. So, as of 12 midnight Pacific time last night, the numbers for a few select cities were:

To be honest, except for Dallas, those totals are a bit lower than I would have expected. Check the totals from time to time to see how well a show is selling on the secondary market - if the number is not decreasing at all, then you might be able to snag good seats as a better price later on. Not foolproof, but a good guide.

Posted by: Marylou59 ()
Date: April 15, 2015 18:21

I am desperately looking for 2 tickets for Milwaukee. I tried all presales, general sale and I don't like scalpers, but it looks like there are no more tickets on sale at Ticketmaster.
Can I trust Stubhub ? Is there any risk of being refused the entry because I'm not the original owner of the ticket ?
I must tell that I'm flying in from France (saw them last year in Paris !)

Marylou59

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 15, 2015 18:27

Marylou59
I am desperately looking for 2 tickets for Milwaukee. I tried all presales, general sale and I don't like scalpers, but it looks like there are no more tickets on sale at Ticketmaster.
Can I trust Stubhub ? Is there any risk of being refused the entry because I'm not the original owner of the ticket ?

Marylou59

My son uses stubhub all the time (as he doesn't know about sitting in front of a computer when tickets go on sale), and he has never had an issue. But wait a couple weeks, prices will probably start to go down.

Date: April 15, 2015 18:30

BluzDude
Marylou59

Marylou59

My son uses stubhub all the time (as he doesn't know about sitting in front of a computer when tickets go on sale), and he has never had an issue. But wait a couple weeks, prices will probably start to go down.

Thank you ! I'm not so sure that prices will go down for Milwaukee but I hope so.
Marylou59

Date: April 15, 2015 18:36

Marylou59
BluzDude
Marylou59

Marylou59

Thank you ! I'm not so sure that prices will go down for Milwaukee but I hope so.
Marylou59

Since it is the smallest venue on the tour, you might be right, but if there are about 3000 (or whatever number) tickets on there now and it doesn't dwindle down in a couple weeks, you may see a price break, but coming from overseas I know the feeling of wanting the ticket in hand with all the arrangements that have to be made.

Date: April 15, 2015 18:49

You guessed it right BluzDude ! Frantically clicking on my computer, looking for affordable flights, matching hotels in unknown cities, that is quite a lot of stress, but I like it !!!
Marylou59

Date: April 15, 2015 18:58

Marylou59
You guessed it right BluzDude ! Frantically clicking on my computer, looking for affordable flights, matching hotels in unknown cities, that is quite a lot of stress, but I like it !!!
Marylou59

I'm going thru that now with a summer trip to Europe which I have booked. Bought tickets for ACDC in Glasgow and I am procrastinating on buying tickets for the Who at Hyde Park since I will be in London that day. But I know this, when I get there, I can always get a ticket if I really want to go.

Posted by: LJM519 ()
Date: April 15, 2015 19:36

Really hoping for a couple shows at MSG to close out this tour. Not holding my breath, but who knows.

Anyone hear any rumors?

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: April 15, 2015 21:33

I know that Ronnie has flown to the States today,it is too early for rehearsals so I wonder if they might be doing some work in the studio?

Nate thumbs up

Date: April 15, 2015 21:41

josepi
This is a good observation. I made a spreadsheet and will track the sales daily. Thanks!

drbryant

Tracking daily is a little over the top. If you are interested in shows where there are still tons of $395 field and 1st tier tickets on ticketmaster (Minn, KC, Pitt, others), I wouldn't even bother - unless something weird happens, those tickets on Stubhub will not sell, and will be available at face or below prior to the show. For the shows that sold out immediately, I would check back in a couple of weeks. If numbers haven't gone down too much, I would be patient. If they've come way down, bite the bullet and pay premium prices if you really want to go to those shows.

Just as an example, I'm scheduled to be in New York, and want to see Clapton at MSG. Tickets sold out immediately a couple of months ago, and Stubhub had 3000 seats for each show, most around double face price. With the shows two weeks away, there are still 3000 tickets for each show and face value tickets are available in most sections. So, I know I can wait until next week, and will get good seats for my money.

Good luck.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: April 15, 2015 21:46

LJM519
Really hoping for a couple shows at MSG to close out this tour. Not holding my breath, but who knows.

Anyone hear any rumors?
Me too that is much easier for me as well as there is the possibility of getting accommodation from my friend or one of his mates, plus more affordable flights from the UK>grinning smiley<

Posted by: fruitless ()
Date: April 15, 2015 22:15

BluzDude
Marylou59

Marylou59

Hi! This is my first post! I have been lurking for a couple of months, but I finally decided to make an account today. It is nice to be able to interact with so many fans! And I am stoked about going to my first Rolling Stones show!

I just wanted to also vouch for StubHub - I use it all the time. They have a guarantee. When I first bought tickets from there, I was traveling several hours away to the concert. I called StubHub, and they reassured me that if they were fakes, they would try to do everything they could to get me some other tickets, or I'd get my money back. Hope that is some consolation. I've used StubHub tickets probably a dozen times and have never had trouble.

Date: April 15, 2015 22:38

Welcome fruitless! Join the fun smileys with beer

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: April 15, 2015 23:20

fruitless
BluzDude
Marylou59

Marylou59

Hi! This is my first post! I have been lurking for a couple of months, but I finally decided to make an account today. It is nice to be able to interact with so many fans! And I am stoked about going to my first Rolling Stones show!

I just wanted to also vouch for StubHub - I use it all the time. They have a guarantee. When I first bought tickets from there, I was traveling several hours away to the concert. I called StubHub, and they reassured me that if they were fakes, they would try to do everything they could to get me some other tickets, or I'd get my money back. Hope that is some consolation. I've used StubHub tickets probably a dozen times and have never had trouble.

Posted by: welshphil ()
Date: April 16, 2015 00:29

steffialicia
fruitless
BluzDude
Marylou59

Marylou59

I'm in the same boat as you Marylou ,(or plane ) ha ! I'll be flying in from Wales .Given up on trying to get a lawn ticket via ticketmaster ,so will monitor stub hub and eventually buy a ticket from them ....Been to Summerfest many times and am not going to miss this one ....

Posted by: argentina92 ()
Date: April 16, 2015 00:54

what about the stage ?

is it a new stage ? or the same at 14 on fire ?

Date: April 16, 2015 01:19

welshphil
steffialicia
fruitless
BluzDude
Marylou59

Marylou59

I'm in the same boat as you Marylou ,(or plane ) ha ! I'll be flying in from Wales .Given up on trying to get a lawn ticket via ticketmaster ,so will monitor stub hub and eventually buy a ticket from them ....Been to Summerfest many times and am not going to miss this one ....

I actually had issues once, and they resolve the problem, but it took them some time. My recommendation would be that if you have electronic tickets, to arrive at the venue early and make sure that there are no problems being scanned in.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 16, 2015 01:42

I wouldn't be surprised if Doom and Gloom gets dropped from the set list this tour, and as with A Bigger Bang, we never hear it performed live again.

Posted by: lioness ()
Date: April 16, 2015 01:55

After some technical difficulties for the general onsale date, I just picked up an aisle seat in front of field section L for $170 USD for Buffalo. Pretty happy considering they are still trying to sell Js in the middle (the same distance back) for $420 USD. The only other 170s I have seen are back of the arena in the stands or second level up on the sides. This will be my first stones show after I had front row in adelaide for $500 and pit in Brisbane for $500 but had to sell them when the tour was postponed.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1826
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home