Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 66
Re: The Rolling Stones ZIP CODE Tour 2015
Posted by: Summergirl ()
Date: April 10, 2015 20:33

Nate
StollingRones
So I'm a lifelong Stones fan (30 years old) and this is my first Stones concert! My wife and I live in Denver and will be flying out. I'm hoping to have someone validate that I got good seats, and also help choose which show to attend.

I got Arrowhead Floor B, Row 32 for $369 each. (2 tix)

also

I also got Indianapolis Gold (GA-3) for $302 each. (2 tix)

I doubt I'll be able to make both, so I'll end up selling one of them. I'm hoping some vets can help me choose which is the best bet for the $. Leaning toward Arrowhead due to assigned seats and no need to get there 10 hours early.

Any thoughts are very much appreciated!

I am a life long Stones fan as well but my first time seeing them was in Hyde park 2013.I had purchased tickets for both shows and said to myself that I would go to the first show and maybe sell my ticket for the second show.At the first show within seconds of the Stones arriving on stage someone could of offered me the key to eternal life and a supermodel wife in exchange for my second show ticket and I would not of sold.

You only live once go to both shows and have two amazing nights you will never forget.

Nate smileys with beer

AMEN!

Date: April 10, 2015 21:12

Summergirl
Nate
StollingRones
So I'm a lifelong Stones fan (30 years old) and this is my first Stones concert! My wife and I live in Denver and will be flying out. I'm hoping to have someone validate that I got good seats, and also help choose which show to attend.

I got Arrowhead Floor B, Row 32 for $369 each. (2 tix)

also

I also got Indianapolis Gold (GA-3) for $302 each. (2 tix)

I doubt I'll be able to make both, so I'll end up selling one of them. I'm hoping some vets can help me choose which is the best bet for the $. Leaning toward Arrowhead due to assigned seats and no need to get there 10 hours early.

Any thoughts are very much appreciated!

I am a life long Stones fan as well but my first time seeing them was in Hyde park 2013.I had purchased tickets for both shows and said to myself that I would go to the first show and maybe sell my ticket for the second show.At the first show within seconds of the Stones arriving on stage someone could of offered me the key to eternal life and a supermodel wife in exchange for my second show ticket and I would not of sold.

You only live once go to both shows and have two amazing nights you will never forget.

Nate smileys with beer

AMEN!

If you can only do one. No question. Do Arrowhead. A Stadium is far better than a speedayway. Trust Me! Arrowhead Stadium is a great venue!

Posted by: superpenguin ()
Date: April 10, 2015 21:16

jumpontopofmebaby

If you can only do one. No question. Do Arrowhead. A Stadium is far better than a speedayway. Trust Me! Arrowhead Stadium is a great venue!

Having grown up 20 minutes west of KC and been to my fair share of Chiefs game, I can vouch for this!

Posted by: KHomer ()
Date: April 10, 2015 21:30

With only the presales complete there are already thousands and thousands of tickets posted on the secondary markets. Do you guys think there's a chance that the market will be flooded with scalpers and closer to the show dates desperate scalpers will sell below face value? I'm looking primarily for the Orlando show and remember back when McCartney came to Orlando ticket prices were equally astronomical and sold out immediately but the week of the show there were so many scalpers still with tickets that even the best seats in the house were going for much less than face. Thoughts?

Posted by: dczuma ()
Date: April 10, 2015 21:36

Absolutely

Date: April 10, 2015 22:08

Does anyone know how the seats are numbered for the field sections at San Diego?

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: April 10, 2015 22:16

KHomer
With only the presales complete there are already thousands and thousands of tickets posted on the secondary markets. Do you guys think there's a chance that the market will be flooded with scalpers and closer to the show dates desperate scalpers will sell below face value? I'm looking primarily for the Orlando show and remember back when McCartney came to Orlando ticket prices were equally astronomical and sold out immediately but the week of the show there were so many scalpers still with tickets that even the best seats in the house were going for much less than face. Thoughts?
If you dont buy the best of the best seats for an OK price on the presale, then wait until the week/day before the show. Relax until then, and at 6 days to go BET BUSY looking, but still but wait wait wait.

The Stones are especially good about releasing 100s and 100 s of good tickets the weeks of and the days of the show to ease the pressure and drop the scalpers prices. It is one of the things I have always appreciated about them. Many times to a sold out Stones show I walked up to the box office day of the show and simply bought a face value ticket.

Posted by: GS1978 ()
Date: April 10, 2015 22:24

Summergirl
Does anyone know how the seats are numbered for the field sections at San Diego?

Not sure about San Diego, but I was told by both Ticketmaster & Stubhub reps that lower seat numbers are closer to center for all floor sections for Dallas.

Here's the exact quote from Ticketmaster: "Seat numbers for this event are numbered with the lowest number seat, the closest to the center."

And here's quote from Stubhub:

"I made a call to the venue and verified that indeed the lower numbers are closer to the center of the floor. So in the case of your example, the answer is yes, Section D, Row __, Seats 1 & 2 would be right next to the center walk way.

Date: April 10, 2015 22:40

GS1978
Summergirl

Not sure about San Diego, but I was told by both Ticketmaster & Stubhub reps that lower seat numbers are closer to center for all floor sections for Dallas.

Here's the exact quote from Ticketmaster: "Seat numbers for this event are numbered with the lowest number seat, the closest to the center."

"I made a call to the venue and verified that indeed the lower numbers are closer to the center of the floor. So in the case of your example, the answer is yes, Section D, Row __, Seats 1 & 2 would be right next to the center walk way.

Thanks so much! That's what I was hoping for!

Date: April 10, 2015 22:48

GS1978
Summergirl

If you look closely at the ticketmaster maps. There is a #1 where seat one is and also at the end of the section it gives the row number.

At lease for Dallas anyway

Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: April 10, 2015 23:00

jumpontopofmebaby
GS1978
Summergirl

If you look closely at the ticketmaster maps. There is a #1 where seat one is and also at the end of the section it gives the row number.

At lease for Dallas anyway

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: April 10, 2015 23:09

interesting day. I'm fascinated that the Stones made today a Public Pre-Sale, by giving away all the access codes, rather than keeping it a private pre-sale, as they had originally planned. anyone who looked at their phone or computer today could see all the presale codes. they all worked for any venue, as I tried them out.

The San Diego show presale appeared to sellout after about 45 minutes. But remember that was only a few thousand tickets. They still have about 75% of the stadium to sell in the General Sale Monday. Although today was basically a general sale too, since anyone could get it.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 10, 2015 23:33

Gfmsoccer
They still have about 75% of the stadium to sell in the General Sale Monday.

With all the sold out in an hour reports and such, it seems improbably they actually have held back this number of seats. I don't claim to have a clue about how this complicated process works though and it will be interesting to see how long General Sale tickets remain available to the public. Will probably give us a better idea how many tickets were actually held back. I would think it would be in the promoters best interest to sell as many as possible during the high demand guaranteed rush at the beginning of the process. I'd even speculate that the amounts allocated for each series of sales are not solid and can be changed on the fly by the promoter or his agents, depending on demand.

The Stones have likely distanced themselves from the process and just want the shows to sell out by any means possible.

peace

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: April 10, 2015 23:44

GS1978
Summergirl

That's about all you can do. But TM lies or is ignorant frequently. Example: I did both of the above, including TM twice for Wichita in 2007 and was told my front center section Ronnie's side field tickets (#1-4) were next to the center. They were not! Afterwards, when I complained TM would do nothing! I'll always remember that - and if I can ever cheat TM, I will, they owe me. Note: It was a big deal because I would have cancelled those expensive tickets because I found closer tickets for sale for less on Keith's side, but I honored my deal, because they promised those tickets were where they should have been, Never again will I be honorable with TM.

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: April 10, 2015 23:50

Naturalust
Gfmsoccer
They still have about 75% of the stadium to sell in the General Sale Monday.

With all the sold out in an hour reports and such, it seems improbably they actually have held back this number of seats. I don't claim to have a clue about how this complicated process works though and it will be interesting to see how long General Sale tickets remain available to the public. Will probably give us a better idea how many tickets were actually held back. I would think it would be in the promoters best interest to sell as many as possible during the high demand guaranteed rush at the beginning of the process. I'd even speculate that the amounts allocated for each series of sales are not solid and can be changed on the fly by the promoter or his agents, depending on demand.

The Stones have likely distanced themselves from the process and just want the shows to sell out by any means possible.

peace
You are right. It can change on the fly. My numbers are based on what's been done for major stadium tours like this in the past. The Promoter, AEG, almost always holds out on 10% for comps, contests, celebrities, etc. Then whatever is left over, returns to sale a week or two before the show.

The pre-sales are a designed gimmick to drive sales. example: 5000 tickets available Wed, 3000 tickets available Thurs, 2000 tickets available today. Of course those will sell out fast, giving the impression the whole show is selling out fast. Not true! they still have 75% of Petco Park to sell.

They are even running TV ads to try to get it sold out next week. They would never do that if they were sure of a quick sellout.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 11, 2015 00:20

IGTBA
GS1978
Summergirl

That's about all you can do. But TM lies or is ignorant frequently. Example: I did both of the above, including TM twice for Wichita in 2007 and was told my front center section Ronnie's side field tickets (#1-4) were next to the center. They were not! Afterwards, when I complained TM would do nothing! I'll always remember that - and if I can ever cheat TM, I will, they owe me. Note: It was a big deal because I would have cancelled those expensive tickets because I found closer tickets for sale for less on Keith's side, but I honored my deal, because they promised those tickets were where they should have been, Never again will I be honorable with TM.

I had a similar experience with a concert back in 2001. We were told 2nd row of our section. Turns out it was 2nd row of the 2nd section back. They straightup lied over the phone. I was critical of what they were telling me and asked them straight up questions.. "Are you 100% certain that these seats are in the 2nd row of the main side section?" "Yes. We are 100% certain and looking at the map right now."

Crap happens, but we all know how these things go. Monday will be D-day

Posted by: TomThumb61 ()
Date: April 11, 2015 00:30

Does anyone know what the center lower bowl (100s and 200s) tickets are priced at Wilson Stadium in Buffalo? $170???

Posted by: tomy1 ()
Date: April 11, 2015 02:00

Does anyone know how many seats are in a row for sections F-5 and F-6 for the Orlando show? It looks like F-6 is twicw the witdth of F-5?

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: April 11, 2015 03:20

TomThumb61
Does anyone know what the center lower bowl (100s and 200s) tickets are priced at Wilson Stadium in Buffalo? $170???

I tried to find and answer to the same question. I tried 4 different presages so far and only had one set of tix come up close to the state in the lower bowl for $403. It seems there should be some in that area for $170. I live near the stadium, and am a football season ticket holder there, and went over to ask at their ticket office but they did not know where the break was.

I went thru several rounds with ticketmaster (actually over 40 attempts) before one of the presales (Pandora) got me lower bowl tix about 50 yards from the stage. It almost seemed like the program with ticket master was to offer $403 tix, even if I clicked that I only wanted to see lower prices seats than that. Also, when I was shown a lower price see, it seemed that it was really far away from the stage, and as the presales went on longer I started getting offer tix closer to the stage in my price point. I am guessing that the presale, unless you were VIP or got lucky, really was not an advantage. On Monday(my guess) better seats in the 3 lowest priced tiers will be available than were generally available presale. Just a guess, but interested to see.

Posted by: Ram ()
Date: April 11, 2015 03:27

Section 108 in Pittsburgh! June 20th can't come soon enough. Who else is going?

Posted by: taz22 ()
Date: April 11, 2015 03:54

For Buffalo...I got section 136 - Row 21 - Seat 1 ( which is on the aisle next to section 135 ) for $170.00.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-11 03:55 by taz22.

Posted by: Skeletonman ()
Date: April 11, 2015 05:13

Why is the find tickets button Grey?? is it 10 am USA time now??

Posted by: TomThumb61 ()
Date: April 11, 2015 05:16

Thank you for the Buffalo info!

Date: April 11, 2015 05:21

I type midnight. choose floors. then.. nothing??

Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: April 11, 2015 05:22

I got section 134 in Buffalo also for $170

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 11, 2015 05:25

Skeletonman
I type midnight. choose floors. then.. nothing??

Did you type the security phrase?

Date: April 11, 2015 05:26

midnight yes. chose floors and price. then find tickets button is Grey??

Date: April 11, 2015 05:27

I'm not seeing a security phrase option. like a captcha code?

Date: April 11, 2015 05:29

It was much easier in Europe and Asia!
I'm flying from overseas. I can't believe this

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 11, 2015 05:30

Skeletonman
midnight yes. chose floors and price. then find tickets button is Grey??

Midnight is the password. (Did it verify you'd unlocked the tickets for that presale?) Before they look for tickets, a box appears that asks you to type in a word or phrase (to make sure you're not a robot). If that hasn't appeared, I'm afraid I don't know what the issue might be, sorry. sad smiley

(Yes, I was referring to a captcha, btw.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-11 05:33 by Aquamarine.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1814
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home