Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 66
Re: The Rolling Stones ZIP CODE Tour 2015
Posted by: forsure ()
Date: April 7, 2015 03:07

flacnvinyl
I just posted this in the Nashville thread but thought it might be helpful to post here as well. Just got off the phone with LP Field staff and they provided a price breakdown...

$350.00 - floor and lower bowl
$175.00 - club level & lower bowl corners
$99.50 - upper level
$65.00 - top 5 of the upper deck

350 for back of the floor and lower level past the $50 yard line is insane. Seems hard to believe given how lower levels sold in arena's in 13. I'll be waiting for the ticket drops, secondary market, and the lot day of the show

Posted by: Mr1970 ()
Date: April 7, 2015 03:23

Does anyone have details on the Pandora pre-sale that starts on the 9th? Do you just have to be signed up with Pandora?

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: April 7, 2015 03:25

listen to the pandora stones station, they will be announcing it here and there during broadcasts. I'm sure once someone hears it they will post it here

Posted by: Mr1970 ()
Date: April 7, 2015 03:29

Thanks!! I'll start listening.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 7, 2015 03:36

Sam4741
Alright, don't feel like reading through this whole thread, so would someone be kind enough to answer these questions:

--What time does the Amex presale start?
--Which website should I go to?
--Any other impt. info regarding the Amex presale I should know of at this point?

Thanks!!

they put up dallas and a couple of the other pre-sales on ticketmaster today that were'nt there before.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: April 7, 2015 03:45

Sam4741
Alright, don't feel like reading through this whole thread, so would someone be kind enough to answer these questions:

--What time does the Amex presale start?
--Which website should I go to?
--Any other impt. info regarding the Amex presale I should know of at this point?

Thanks!!

Presales start 10 am LOCAL time for that venue.
Website depends on the venue. RollingStones.com will take you to the right website. For example, San Diego is NOT being sold by Ticketmaster, but by the San Diego Padres.

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: April 7, 2015 04:59

jumpontopofmebaby
Am I the only one here that would rather have a 10th row or a close lower level seat rather them like a 3rd row at a stadium?

Interesting question and not necessarily a crazy one. Depending on how high the stage is, 3rd row may indeed be too close for some people, especially if you're short. And sometimes the sound is better a few rows further back than right up front. But it really comes down to whatever your personal preference is.

Posted by: JagFan ()
Date: April 7, 2015 05:29

Does anyone know what the VIP Package includes?

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 7, 2015 06:55

dagwood123
Hi All
I am writing to see if anyone has heard/seen any news on who might be some of the tour's opening acts.

I loved in 2013 in Anaheim the Stones having NO opening act. The crowd didn't need to be "warmed up" with a warm up band at all.

Mick Jagger says Rolling Stones may play Sticky Fingers album in its entirety on tour
Posted by: latcho ()
Date: April 6, 2015 22:20

Re: Mick Jagger says Rolling Stones may play Sticky Fingers album in its entirety on tour
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 6, 2015 22:35

So let the tourists go get their freakin' beers. Do something artistic for once. It's not like doing the entirety of 'Pet Sounds', like Brian Wilson bravely did a while back. How can Mick have such little faith in what is probably their most well known album? Then the second Moonlight Mile is done you can launch into a (yawn) Tumblin/Sympathy/JJF, Satisfaction encore.

Re: Mick Jagger says Rolling Stones may play Sticky Fingers album in its entirety on tour
Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: April 6, 2015 22:43

71Tele
Too bad it won't be the band in its entirety.

Agreed, it's too bad but most fans don't give a hoot. Just put on the SF original, It cannot get any better than that.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 6, 2015 22:54

71Tele

Well too bad it won't be that band in it's entirety anyway. How great would it be to see both Wyman and Taylor back for a special show. Something unrelated to the tour but just as a nostalgic side gig. Maybe in their truly doting years they will try something like this, I just hope by then it isn't too late.

peace

Date: April 6, 2015 22:57

kleermaker
LuxuryStones
71Tele

Agreed, it's too bad but most fans don't give a hoot. Just put on the SF original, It cannot get any better than that.

Please define "fans".

"Tourists", or maybe even people naive enough to believe the Stones are going to improve the original outtakes. But fun comes first. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-06 22:59 by LuxuryStones.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 6, 2015 23:07

Naturalust
71Tele

Well too bad it won't be that band in it's entirety anyway. How great would it be to see both Wyman and Taylor back for a special show. Something unrelated to the tour but just as a nostalgic side gig. Maybe in their truly doting years they will try something like this, I just hope by then it isn't too late.

peace

And Marianne Faithfull dueting with Mick on Sister Morphine...

Date: April 6, 2015 23:13

DandelionPowderman
71Tele

Yeah, where is Al Kooper, Jack Nietzsche and Ry Cooder? smoking smiley

You forgot Mick Taylor.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 6, 2015 23:46

LuxuryStones
DandelionPowderman
71Tele

You forgot Mick Taylor.

The famous ex-Rolling Stones Al Kooper, Jack Nietzsche and Ry Cooder ....

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: April 7, 2015 00:05

you guys are funny! this is not new. This is the same Rolling Stone interview from a week ago. Mick knows the stadium show formula and at his age, its not going to change much.

They will not do the entire album in each stadium show. They may do it once or twice in special shows for DVD or something.

The stadium shows are 19 or 20 songs max. Keith gets his 2 songs, you have to do the classic warhorses for the $300 ticket fans. So where would you fit the 10 song SF album, with 5 slow songs? I can see them doing maybe 4 or 5 in a special mini-set, mid-show.

I also think they'll do the online Request a Song contest they have been doing recently, and perhaps the choices will all be from SF. That would make sense.

Also, the current Stones lineup is the longest running lineup in the bands 50 year history. This is the Band!. Wyman and Taylor had their nostalgic return guest appearances for you guys to enjoy. That's over. Back to the core band that's been doing it for 25 years.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 7, 2015 00:10

As I've said since this was rumored to happen months ago, I will believe it when I see it. I don't think they'll play the whole album at more than one show. They don't have the balls.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 7, 2015 00:21

Gfmsoccer

Also, the current Stones lineup is the longest running lineup in the bands 50 year history. This is the Band!. Wyman and Taylor had their nostalgic return guest appearances for you guys to enjoy. That's over. Back to the core band that's been doing it for 25 years.

True, but the current lineup is the absolute lamest lineup they've ever had, and there's less and less to the core.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-07 00:22 by 24FPS.

Posted by: ROPS ()
Date: April 7, 2015 00:31

As usual Mick is drumming up business,they will not play SF in its entirety in a stadium,people would be bored to death and Mick knows it,hardcore fans maybe 10% of those attending would love it,but the majority only wants the warhorses,and thats what they will get.....

"You know who l am, say it"

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 7, 2015 00:36

<<Please define "fans".>>

<<"Tourists">>

So much for the liberation from the class system this same rock and roll once promised.

By labeling the lion's share of the concert ticket as "Tourists" like the tourist or steerage class in the old-world ocean liners, do these folks mean to elevate themselves to elite or first-class status?

Without the so-called tourists, or "casual" fans, the band wouldn't be touring at this point. Do you think they would play clubs for 75 to 100 IORRians a gig? It was the "tourists" that bought all those singles back in the day and made their songs greatest hits to begin with.

Next thing you know elite class fans will be demanding separate fenced off concession stands and restrooms with towel boys to fart at.

Valet concert restrooms: The next step up in fan hierarchy.

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: April 7, 2015 00:38

Cocaine Eyes mentioned Massey Hall and for the date she hinted at Jagger's birthday which would be +/- 10 days after the last date of the tour. This makes me believe they do Sticky Fingers there and film it for DVD/BlueRay release. They will be in great playing shape from the tour. Maybe a week of rehearsals for it after Quebec and then two shows (like they did for Shine a Light) to have enough good material.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 7, 2015 00:46

^ This would mean that not even IORRians would get up front at that gig--they will be outclassed by the uber-tourists, that is, the young models that will be hired to cheer for the cameras... "like they did for Shine A Light".

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: April 7, 2015 00:53

stonehearted
^ This would mean that not even IORRians would get up front at that gig--they will be outclassed by the uber-tourists, that is, the young models that will be hired to cheer for the cameras... "like they did for Shine A Light".

There would still be a lot of die hard fans. Personally, I would skip any stadium show for this one. And the purpose of these shows is not primarily playing for the fans, it is to film a DVD release.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: April 7, 2015 01:16

24FPS
Gfmsoccer

True, but the current lineup is the absolute lamest lineup they've ever had, and there's less and less to the core.

It would be great to see them shake up the backing musician lineup for once, just for this. No offense to the traveling personnel but there are so many solid players who could really help breathe life into these tunes.

In my opinion, a proper live rendition of Sticky Fingers would require a much more scaled back presentation from a stadium performance. The necessary rehearsal and preparation time for a DVD which will be "warts and all" would be extensive if they want to capture the true spirit of the album in a musically competent fashion. Hope they can pull it off.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 7, 2015 01:18

71Tele

breathe deep...

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 7, 2015 01:52

DandelionPowderman
71Tele

I can tell you where they weren't...which is ever in the Rolling Stones.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: April 7, 2015 02:01

Band in it's entirety = Current lineup

Band + special guests = + Mick Taylor

I prefer no special guests, judging by how Taylor played CYHMK in 2013. Ronnie soloing on Sticky Finger songs will do just fine for me.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 7, 2015 02:01

71Tele
DandelionPowderman
71Tele

I can tell you where they weren't...which is ever in the Rolling Stones.

Where's the outcry for Wyman??
I'll tell you where.. nowhere.
So that logic is a total fail.

That's because there are some that just have this unhealthy obsession with the notion that there's a magic pill that can take forty+ years off Taylor and then clear up all his personal issue, and his and their (Rolling Stones) life would be great.

Enough already.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-07 02:02 by MisterDDDD.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1778
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home