Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 66
Re: The Rolling Stones ZIP CODE Tour 2015
Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: April 4, 2015 17:41

drbryant
Managed to schedule a trip from Tokyo to LA via Minneapolis for no additional charge - I guess it would be a horrible connecting flight for anyone else, but it works for me! Who would've thought there would be a direct flight from Tokyo to Minnesota - awesome. Can't wait.

I figured you'd be going! You are very dedicated to this band.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: April 4, 2015 18:36

carlosrr
Hello

I have a question about AMEX, and can't get a straight answer. Mine is issued by USAA instead of by AMEX directly. The customer service number on my card is different that being posted for AMEX directly issued cards. Does anyone know if the USAA Amex is eligible for the presale starting at 10am on 8 April?

Cheers

Carlos

Yes I already have that card and is it is approved by USAA as I bank with them as well - I would think setting up an account with Ticket Master is the Key.

Date: April 4, 2015 18:41

Also 10:00, I think means EASTERN DAYLIGHT TIME USA-- Need verification from other members.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: April 4, 2015 19:15

Chris Fountain
Also 10:00, I think means EASTERN DAYLIGHT TIME USA-- Need verification from other members.

Isn't it local time for whichever venue you're buying for? For example, wouldn't the San Diego pre sale be 10:00 AM Western time, and the rest be Eastern time?

Posted by: carlosrr ()
Date: April 4, 2015 19:38

"Yes I already have that card and is it is approved by USAA as I bank with them as well - I would think setting up an account with Ticket Master is the Key."

Many thanks for your answer. In the interim since I first posed the question, and this may assist others on this board, I spent a lengthy time on the phone with both AMEX and USAA. Neither of them were able to confirm that the USAA AMEX would qualify until the moment of the presale and attempt. Thus AMEX itself issued me one directly, and I just got it in less than 26 hours and no charge for delivery. Very nice smiling smiley, I think?

Are you in the area, as I in Gahanna.

Cheers and thanks again.

Carlos

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: April 4, 2015 19:58

drbryant
Managed to schedule a trip from Tokyo to LA via Minneapolis for no additional charge - I guess it would be a horrible connecting flight for anyone else, but it works for me! Who would've thought there would be a direct flight from Tokyo to Minnesota - awesome. Can't wait.

hey drb, i plan to drive from chicago to minneapolis so maybe we can meet up in minneapolis at some point winking smiley it would be great to see you

Date: April 4, 2015 21:29

stones2000
Chris Fountain

Isn't it local time for whichever venue you're buying for? For example, wouldn't the San Diego pre sale be 10:00 AM Western time, and the rest be Eastern time?

That is the question, & thanks for the reply. So I will be back on the westcoast on wedenesday. therefore 10:00 EDT means 7:00 Pacific Time. We need to get this straight within 72 hours. Now there are different ticket, time, and price configurations.

WE need an Excel Spreadsheet.

Date: April 4, 2015 22:08

Chris Fountain
stones2000
Chris Fountain

That is the question, & thanks for the reply. So I will be back on the westcoast on wedenesday. therefore 10:00 EDT means 7:00 Pacific Time. We need to get this straight within 72 hours. Now there are different ticket, time, and price configurations.

WE need an Excel Spreadsheet.

Yeah that could help...maybe a new "Pre Sale Times" thread is in order?

Posted by: rod ()
Date: April 4, 2015 22:50

[www.youtube.com]

really great sound and mix but backing vocals ruined completely start me up....unfortunately

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-04 22:53 by rod.

Posted by: SharksWillCry ()
Date: April 5, 2015 00:06

Would anyone like to comment on the feasiblity at this late date to try and sign up for an AMEX card and have active number in hand by Tuesday (not expecting to have plastic in hand by then of course)?

Anyone else in the same boat?

Posted by: madw ()
Date: April 5, 2015 00:27

Will there be lucky dips in the American Express presale?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 5, 2015 00:33

SharksWillCry
Would anyone like to comment on the feasiblity at this late date to try and sign up for an AMEX card and have active number in hand by Tuesday (not expecting to have plastic in hand by then of course)?

It's my understanding there is a pre-paid card you can purchase that works.I believe easily available at retail locations; you may want top check their website to locate.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 5, 2015 01:29

stones2000
Chris Fountain

There are a bunch of shows in the Central time zone.

Posted by: SharksWillCry ()
Date: April 5, 2015 01:44

MisterDDDD
It's my understanding there is a pre-paid card you can purchase that works.I believe easily available at retail locations; you may want top check their website to locate.

Thanks. Just got off the phone with a representative who told me that the prepaid "Serve" cards were not eligible. I know I saw a discussion about this earlier but I can't find it.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: April 5, 2015 04:45

SharksWillCry

You can get an AMEX gold card on-line in minutes if you have good credit and activate it immediately. I did the whole process in less than an hour last week!

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: April 5, 2015 08:41

My take on the pre-sale times is that if you are buying tickets for a Central time zone, you have to be buying at that time.

For example, if you are in California (PDT) and are buying for Minneapolis (CDT),
you need to be on-line at 8am Cal time. (8am in Cal...10am in Minn)

Date: April 5, 2015 10:54

6s7s9s
My take on the pre-sale times is that if you are buying tickets for a Central time zone, you have to be buying at that time.

For example, if you are in California (PDT) and are buying for Minneapolis (CDT),

Yes, exactly--it's local time for each show.

Posted by: carlosrr ()
Date: April 5, 2015 11:20

"It's my understanding there is a pre-paid card you can purchase that works.I believe easily available at retail locations; you may want top check their website to locate."

Well, when I spoke to a customer service rep at TM, he said, perhaps, incorrectly, that the pre-paid AMEX would not be eligible for the pre-sale. I wonder if there is a disconnect between TM and AMEX.

In addition, I got my AMEX card by dealing with AMEX directly, by phone, by telling them what I wanted to do. They set me up right away, and told me that the card would be there on the 7th of April. However, as noted above, I received it Saturday morning, from Omaha, Nebraska, so it may depend on location.

I do understand that there may be a "presale" presale for premium AMEX card holders, but I chose not to go that route. The annual fee was much higher than I thought advisable smiling smiley

Carlos

"Support International Tourism,
Visit Matamoros, Mexico"

Posted by: swadhwani ()
Date: April 5, 2015 16:48

Anyone seen the seat map for Minneapolis? And I don't see Minneapolis on Ticketmaster - only on Axs. Does that mean Minneapolis is only been sold through Axs?

Thanks!
Sanjiv

Posted by: montreal1 ()
Date: April 5, 2015 18:14

AXS won't be selling tickets for Minneapolis. We have to look for partner site...I am still looking...

Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: April 5, 2015 21:12

I was just looking at the justakissaway.rocks. website and they link to all the ticketing sites. For Minneapolis it does go to AXS. Also, most cities now have the specific zip code presale listed as starting on Friday. Like for Buffalo it says zip code 14127 presale.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 5, 2015 21:57

Aquamarine
6s7s9s

Yes, exactly--it's local time for each show.
Yes, their is no way the California show goes on sale at 7AM locally.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: mickjackett ()
Date: April 6, 2015 02:22

Can anyone explain why there are already tickets on StubHub? Are these tickets given to employees or something? Are these brokers trying to sell tickets they don't yet possess?

Also, the cheapest, a-mile-from-the-stage seats in Buffalo were listed at $229. Is this the best we can do? Are the $77 tickets listed on Ticketmaster a cruel joke? For a big stadium like this, do you think under $200 is realistic?

I am hoping to purchase Wednesday morning through AmEx presale.

Any wisdom you can offer is appreciated. Thanks!

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 6, 2015 03:22

This makes me furious. 20 tickets available in one row...

http://www.stubhub.com/rolling-stones-tickets/the-rolling-stones-nashville-lp-field-6-17-2015-9282134/

I get that the venue, team, insiders etc get a swing at tickets, but this is just so incredibly greedy. To see this many tickets on sale before a single pre-sale occurs is just offensive. I pray all of these scalpers take a bath on tickets. Hopefully someone writes a story on this. I am sure its been happening for decades now, but this is just crazy.

Date: April 6, 2015 03:49

mickjackett
Are these brokers trying to sell tickets they don't yet possess?

You got it.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 6, 2015 03:50

mickjackett
Can anyone explain why there are already tickets on StubHub? Are these tickets given to employees or something? Are these brokers trying to sell tickets they don't yet possess?

Also, the cheapest, a-mile-from-the-stage seats in Buffalo were listed at $229. Is this the best we can do? Are the $77 tickets listed on Ticketmaster a cruel joke? For a big stadium like this, do you think under $200 is realistic?

I am hoping to purchase Wednesday morning through AmEx presale.

Any wisdom you can offer is appreciated. Thanks!

People explain it constantly.

yes, they advertise tickets they don't have. After they get orders, they get the tickets. That's how it works. It's part of the deal. The promoters are in on it.

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: April 6, 2015 03:58

flacnvinyl

http://www.stubhub.com/rolling-stones-tickets/the-rolling-stones-nashville-lp-field-6-17-2015-9282134/

I get that the venue, team, insiders etc get a swing at tickets, but this is just so incredibly greedy. To see this many tickets on sale before a single pre-sale occurs is just offensive. I pray all of these scalpers take a bath on tickets. Hopefully someone writes a story on this. I am sure its been happening for decades now, but this is just crazy.

There are lots of sneaky ticket games that venues and promoters use. I just checked with Stubhub and they said they'd have their Events Team investigate this. They have tickets for all the Stones show's available right now for huge markups. They say they guarantee these are real tickets. So maybe its a scam to drive up prices.

For all you guys obsessed with these Amex Pre-Sales, don't put all your eggs in that basket. It's another trick to drive sales! Only around 10% of a stadiums tickets go in the Pre-Sales. A few from each category.

That way, they can say "Pre-Sales sold out quickly", driving the demand on the public sale, which is 75% of the rest of stadium tickets. They always hold out about 10% or so for contests, celebrities, politicians, etc.

San Diego will be the hardest ticket on the whole tour obviously, so if you want a decent price & view, pick another show to go to.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 6, 2015 04:26

Gfmsoccer
flacnvinyl

There are lots of sneaky ticket games that venues and promoters use. I just checked with Stubhub and they said they'd have their Events Team investigate this. They have tickets for all the Stones show's available right now for huge markups. They say they guarantee these are real tickets. So maybe its a scam to drive up prices.

For all you guys obsessed with these Amex Pre-Sales, don't put all your eggs in that basket. It's another trick to drive sales! Only around 10% of a stadiums tickets go in the Pre-Sales. A few from each category.

That way, they can say "Pre-Sales sold out quickly", driving the demand on the public sale, which is 75% of the rest of stadium tickets. They always hold out about 10% or so for contests, celebrities, politicians, etc.

San Diego will be the hardest ticket on the whole tour obviously, so if you want a decent price & view, pick another show to go to.

I'm with you. Also, as in previous tours/concerts, resellers claim to have tickets which magically change sections after the general sale.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: April 6, 2015 08:35

Hey Mick,

Why no stop in Seattle/Vancouver for the 2nd time around?

Date: April 6, 2015 09:30

Midnight Toker
Hey Mick,

Why no stop in Seattle/Vancouver for the 2nd time around?

I guess maybe they figure that area got quite a few shows during Bigger Bang. The Northwest got Seattle, Vancouver and Portland all in the same tour that time

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-06 09:31 by stones2000.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2017
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home