Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 66
Re: The Rolling Stones ZIP CODE Tour 2015
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 3, 2015 00:36

DoomandGloom
vertigojoe
People keep talking about the "Casual fan" with regards to the set list choices.
Does the casual fan of any band pay these sort of prices? Surely anyone paying north of £300 for a ticket is anything but casual?
Oh and regards secondary markets.. The Stones themselves are behind this. Or at least they are aware of it. It's the only way their ridiculous fees can be guaranteed. People in the third reich used to say "If the fuhrer knew about this,he'd stop it." That's a bit like MJ and Stubhub.
To be fair the band doesn't have many options if they want to tour. From what I can see this agreement took months to hammer out.. The Stones will get their guarantee no matter how many attend or what they pay. To get that deal they will turn a blind eye. If tickets don't move briskly than fans will have the last laugh.

True "fans" won't be laughing at slower than expected ticket sales for the band.
Just disgruntled or negative ones, fortunately I have no experience in that.

Fortunately, we won't get to test the theory as once again The Rolling Stones
take on all naysayers..

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 3, 2015 00:38

paulywaul
EddieByword
GangsterBolshevik
What kind of weirdo wants the government to get involved in regulating ticket sales?

Huh, huh....Mick jagger......."I think the secondary market should be banned"

Plus everybody else that's sick and tired of being drained by a bunch of dirty little vampires in seersucker suits...(sic)............

(there may be vamps in government but at least they are ultimately - when caught - answerable to the public..........

You folks discussing scalping might want to dive into this thread ...... it's only 4 pages long, but the interesting development is what I post on page 3, here's the link

[www.iorr.org]

It's the post that starts with this:

Culture secretary agrees to proposal that fans must be told exact details of their ticket when they make a purchase

When new bill becomes law, you’ll have to be told all your ticket details.

Here in the UK, under considerable pressure from not only public but also artists and promoters themselves, the government had to act .... and it did so by tightening things up a bit with an amendment to the consumer rights bill. It's a long way off imposing an outright ban on the practice of re-selling tickets, but it does at least oblige the companies that operate within the secondary market to comprehensively advertise precisely what it is they're selling ... which to state the obvious is not merely the block, but also the specific row and seat number

I have no doubt the professional scalpers are going to be going into overdrive for this particular Stones tour, I shudder to think of what prices they're going to be asking for some of the front of stage blocks & the first few rows. Eye watering amounts of money I shouldn't wonder ......

pauly

since when are they scalpers and not touts?

plexi

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 3, 2015 00:55

schillid

Seems terribly unfair to the millions of Rolling Stones fans living in Wyoming.

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: April 3, 2015 01:48

It's odd to see this map, the whole of this apart from the opener ignores half the country.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 3, 2015 01:56

Dan
treaclefingers
DREAMTIME
you can stop scalping if the industry really wanted. the good ole wait on line, one ticket per person and that person is the only one that can use that ticket. otherwise pay at the gate as you enter. and government regulation making ticket sales transparent. they can use the pick your seat system or even the old airline way of stickers on a map.

But Greed is winning as long as the sheep go along with their plan...

yeah, miss those good old days lining up for tickets for hours in the cold and rain, through the night.

so much better than buying on your computer and printing your receipt.

Who the hell has time for that nowadays?

yeah, but think about how much time it takes to clear the printer jam, or change the ink jet cartridge.

JUST THINK ABOUT THAT!

Date: April 3, 2015 01:58

tatters
schillid

Seems terribly unfair to the millions of Rolling Stones fans living in Wyoming.

what kind of a condescending remark is that about people from Wyoming?

plexi

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: April 3, 2015 02:01

JN99
It's odd to see this map, the whole of this apart from the opener ignores half the country.

But - you gotta admit - this is 2015 and not the 70ies or 80ies or 90ies etc...

Being in their 70ies - more or less - we can be thankful for ANY concert they give. They are about to put on another huge production of 15 shows and if there's any possibility, you should go and see them.
By any means.
I can tell, because I've seen them 3 times last year - and every time they just blew me (and the audience) away. Incredible!

They can't play anywhere.
But you can see them 15 times this summer!
Go there and be happy, brother/sister!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 3, 2015 02:11

waterrats
JN99

But - you gotta admit - this is 2015 and not the 70ies or 80ies or 90ies etc...

Being in their 70ies - more or less - we can be thankful for ANY concert they give. They are about to put on another huge production of 15 shows and if there's any possibility, you should go and see them.
By any means.
I can tell, because I've seen them 3 times last year - and every time they just blew me (and the audience) away. Incredible!

They can't play anywhere.
But you can see them 15 times this summer!
Go there and be happy, brother/sister!

It would be sad if this was the last tour of North America, but I don't think it will be, as long as everyone's healthy and people are still buying tickets.

They haven't been to the pacific northwest at all in the last 9 years almost. Vancouver has regularly sold out 2 stadium shows (Steel Wheels and Voodoo Lounge), 120000+ tickets. I'm sure Seattle would be similar.

Anyway, I felt privileged to see them in 2013 in Toronto, and very much enjoyed the PPV in 2012.

It would be nice if the rumoured LA show was PPV, included the Sticky Fingers album for the first half of the show, and guests sprinkled throughout (with MT on CYHMK) and Clapton on Brown Sugar.

Date: April 3, 2015 02:25

treaclefingers

It would be sad if this was the last tour of North America, but I don't think it will be, as long as everyone's healthy and people are still buying tickets.

Agreed! And for the Stones: they are 100% musicians and what else can a poor musician do...

treaclefingers
They haven't been to the pacific northwest at all in the last 9 years almost. Vancouver has regularly sold out 2 stadium shows (Steel Wheels and Voodoo Lounge), 120000+ tickets. I'm sure Seattle would be similar.

Anyway, I felt privileged to see them in 2013 in Toronto, and very much enjoyed the PPV in 2012.

It would be nice if the rumoured LA show was PPV, included the Sticky Fingers album for the first half of the show, and guests sprinkled throughout (with MT on CYHMK) and Clapton on Brown Sugar.

Of course! They'll do that if it's possible. And any of their friends would gleefully oblige!

Like - just think about delivering SISTER MORPHY and getting RY COODER on the stage! OMG!

It's their 9th gazillion farewell-tour since 1964!

God, I love this band! (Just listening to the Paris Outtakes)

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: April 3, 2015 02:38

MisterDDDD
DoomandGloom
vertigojoe
People keep talking about the "Casual fan" with regards to the set list choices.
Does the casual fan of any band pay these sort of prices? Surely anyone paying north of £300 for a ticket is anything but casual?
Oh and regards secondary markets.. The Stones themselves are behind this. Or at least they are aware of it. It's the only way their ridiculous fees can be guaranteed. People in the third reich used to say "If the fuhrer knew about this,he'd stop it." That's a bit like MJ and Stubhub.
To be fair the band doesn't have many options if they want to tour. From what I can see this agreement took months to hammer out.. The Stones will get their guarantee no matter how many attend or what they pay. To get that deal they will turn a blind eye. If tickets don't move briskly than fans will have the last laugh.

True "fans" won't be laughing at slower than expected ticket sales for the band.
Just disgruntled or negative ones, fortunately I have no experience in that.

Fortunately, we won't get to test the theory as once again The Rolling Stones
take on all naysayers..
I'm like them, I plan and take the best deal. I don't care how fast or if they sell out any more than they care how many encyclopedias I sold this week. Give me a good show, work hard for my money and try to entertain. I was really proud of them in 2013 and 2014.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: April 3, 2015 02:38

Is Mick Taylor also with them on the Zip Code Tour?

Date: April 3, 2015 02:44

Ladykiller

Don't think so...

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 3, 2015 02:50

Ladykiller

Thankfully not, Jagger confirmed today.

Just The Rolling Stones this time with few if any special guests.

Date: April 3, 2015 03:08

MisterDDDD
Ladykiller

Thankfully not, Jagger confirmed today.

Just The Rolling Stones this time with few if any special guests.

where was this confirmed?

plexi

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 3, 2015 03:13

Marc Maron's podcast.

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: April 3, 2015 03:55

The official website of the Stones says "check frequently for more info on presages and packages" ......maybe there will be VIP tickets after all.

Posted by: ROPS ()
Date: April 3, 2015 03:59

IMO, this tour is just one last attempt by The Stones to make as much money as possible,therefore the stadium shows,the whole thing about them playing SF in its entirety won't happen,they will do the usual numbers from that record,BS,Bitch,WH, DF,and perhaps Sway or Knocking,and as a treat every once in a while Sister Morphine,and the rest the usual warhorses,no Mick Taylor,and some guests.
Frankly, l still have not seen the ticket prices,but l think l will just pass on this one,for those attending have a great time....

"You know who l am, say it"

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 3, 2015 04:26

Sure ROPS, I understand your criticism. But I'm sure you're aware that this tour may very well be their last US tour ever. Are you willing to take the risk to miss out on that?

Posted by: Fredluvzstones ()
Date: April 3, 2015 04:47

It has been made official by Mick Jagger that Mick Taylor is not going to be on the Tour.
THIS SUCKS!

Posted by: ROPS ()
Date: April 3, 2015 04:56

Stoneage
Sure ROPS, I understand your criticism. But I'm sure you're aware that this tour may very well be their last US tour ever. Are you willing to take the risk to miss out on that?
Good point stoneage, but will wait to see the ticket prices, not willing to pay an outrageous price to see the band from a mile away playing Miss You....

"You know who l am, say it"

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 3, 2015 05:44

Karl Denson confirms he'll be part of the ensemble in an interview with George Varga of the San Diego Union-Tribune.

Sax man Karl Denson keeps rolling

David Brooks

In the latter part of May, all of June and part of July, Denson will be on the road — for the second time in the past half year — with the Rolling Stones, who open their 2015 North American tour with a May 24 concert at Petco Park.

“Is that official yet?” Denson asked. “Don’t get me in any trouble!”

After being assured that the date was indeed official, Denson smiled broadly.

“It’s totally surreal,” he said. “The idea of playing a hometown show with the Rolling Stones — my family is extremely excited. It’s going to be a fun little homecoming!”

Denson replaced the ailing (and since deceased) Stones tenor saxophonist Bobby Keys for the fabled English band’s tour of Australia and New Zealand last fall.

“I’m a really huge Bobby Keys fan,” he said. “I definitely feel comfortable with these songs (he played with the Stones) and trying to emulate him. My saddest thing right now is that I didn’t get to meet him (before he died).”

[www.utsandiego.com]

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 3, 2015 05:45

Managed to schedule a trip from Tokyo to LA via Minneapolis for no additional charge - I guess it would be a horrible connecting flight for anyone else, but it works for me! Who would've thought there would be a direct flight from Tokyo to Minnesota - awesome. Can't wait.

Posted by: Paulhanrahan ()
Date: April 3, 2015 07:19

kahoosier
Other than Indianapolis, I have not seen any mention any where on any released venue map or pricing list about PREMIUM or VIP ticket packages this tour. They are expensive I know, but flying in from NZ on the day of the show , at near 60 years old and not in the best shape, it is nice to know ( though it appears an unpopular opinion here) that after 40 years since my first show I can still see my favorite band from a decent place in a stadium. I can do that without having to do a 3 AM internet ticket scrabble and then stand in the sun for hours being pushed around by a crowd at a GA gate only to be outraced anyway by 100 people behind me at the gate across the fields to the stage front. So I am willing to pay more because I can, and for all the reasons I have mentioned I will not apologize for that.

Does anyone know if there will be Premiere or VIP ticketing?
yes there will certainly be VIP packages Stephan

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 3, 2015 07:49

kahoosier
Other than Indianapolis, I have not seen any mention any where on any released venue map or pricing list about PREMIUM or VIP ticket packages this tour. They are expensive I know, but flying in from NZ on the day of the show , at near 60 years old and not in the best shape, it is nice to know ( though it appears an unpopular opinion here) that after 40 years since my first show I can still see my favorite band from a decent place in a stadium. I can do that without having to do a 3 AM internet ticket scrabble and then stand in the sun for hours being pushed around by a crowd at a GA gate only to be outraced anyway by 100 people behind me at the gate across the fields to the stage front. So I am willing to pay more because I can, and for all the reasons I have mentioned I will not apologize for that.

Does anyone know if there will be Premiere or VIP ticketing?

Yes there will be. Information is up at axs.com. No pricing yet.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 3, 2015 10:56

timbernardis
paulywaul
EddieByword
GangsterBolshevik
What kind of weirdo wants the government to get involved in regulating ticket sales?

Huh, huh....Mick jagger......."I think the secondary market should be banned"

Plus everybody else that's sick and tired of being drained by a bunch of dirty little vampires in seersucker suits...(sic)............

(there may be vamps in government but at least they are ultimately - when caught - answerable to the public..........

You folks discussing scalping might want to dive into this thread ...... it's only 4 pages long, but the interesting development is what I post on page 3, here's the link

[www.iorr.org]

It's the post that starts with this:

Culture secretary agrees to proposal that fans must be told exact details of their ticket when they make a purchase

When new bill becomes law, you’ll have to be told all your ticket details.

Here in the UK, under considerable pressure from not only public but also artists and promoters themselves, the government had to act .... and it did so by tightening things up a bit with an amendment to the consumer rights bill. It's a long way off imposing an outright ban on the practice of re-selling tickets, but it does at least oblige the companies that operate within the secondary market to comprehensively advertise precisely what it is they're selling ... which to state the obvious is not merely the block, but also the specific row and seat number

I have no doubt the professional scalpers are going to be going into overdrive for this particular Stones tour, I shudder to think of what prices they're going to be asking for some of the front of stage blocks & the first few rows. Eye watering amounts of money I shouldn't wonder ......

pauly

since when are they scalpers and not touts?

plexi

You call 'em scalpers, we call 'em touts .... whatever ?!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: April 3, 2015 15:50

JN99

This map is not very different of the previous ones. Check 1989 for instance : 2 more points on the West Coast and then a huge empty space in the middle.
Match this map with population density and it is much less schocking...

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: April 3, 2015 15:52

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: April 3, 2015 16:14

drbryant
Managed to schedule a trip from Tokyo to LA via Minneapolis for no additional charge - I guess it would be a horrible connecting flight for anyone else, but it works for me! Who would've thought there would be a direct flight from Tokyo to Minnesota - awesome. Can't wait.

The old Northwest Airlines had a hub in Minneapolis so that would probably be a long standing route.

Anyway, drbryant I remember you from another forum. Enjoy the show!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-03 16:16 by tonyc.

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: April 3, 2015 17:40

Stoneage

I guess I miss why everyone keeps claiming that as a reason to make sure to go. If they were touring until they're ninety and playing like Chuck Berry, is that a last tour you'd want to see as well? Ticket prices aren't coming down, stadiums suck for strictly musical reasons, no new album/songs. I'm happy seeing them here in 2013 with the whole gang, and quitting on a positive note.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 3, 2015 18:00

StonesCat
Stoneage

I guess I miss why everyone keeps claiming that as a reason to make sure to go. If they were touring until they're ninety and playing like Chuck Berry, is that a last tour you'd want to see as well? Ticket prices aren't coming down, stadiums suck for strictly musical reasons, no new album/songs. I'm happy seeing them here in 2013 with the whole gang, and quitting on a positive note.

I can definitely see your point of view. This time I am actually taking my dad who took me to my first Stones show when I was 16 (1997 St Louis). He hasn't been since 2002. Our only hope is to hear Star Star or any Chuck Berry tune. I have seen 15 shows since 97 and never once heard them do a Chuck Berry tune. There is almost nothing better than Little Queenie on the bstage. Just hoping to experience it once.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1699
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home