Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 66
Re: The Rolling Stones ZIP CODE Tour 2015
Posted by: Dan ()
Date: April 2, 2015 04:22

treaclefingers
DREAMTIME
you can stop scalping if the industry really wanted. the good ole wait on line, one ticket per person and that person is the only one that can use that ticket. otherwise pay at the gate as you enter. and government regulation making ticket sales transparent. they can use the pick your seat system or even the old airline way of stickers on a map.

But Greed is winning as long as the sheep go along with their plan...

yeah, miss those good old days lining up for tickets for hours in the cold and rain, through the night.

so much better than buying on your computer and printing your receipt.

Who the hell has time for that nowadays?

Posted by: 751st ()
Date: April 2, 2015 04:36

Please rename the Taylor thread BITCH!! Get over it people be glad they brought him back for the time he was given. Remember they didn't have to at least give them credit for letting him be part of these gigs since 2012. After all he walked out on them wasn't like Billp who basically left after a solid 30 years. Plus he probably made enough money to re jump start his solo career plus the exposure he got to a new audience.

Posted by: Kevinstones78 ()
Date: April 2, 2015 05:37

Stub Hud already has tickets listed for every show at outrages prices.
Do I stand a chance at a decent seat or is it a waste of time. When ticket masters sells out then and only then should the crooks get the tickets.
Oh did I mention Stones tickets aren't even on sale yet. Have a look for yourself
What if anything can we do to stop this thievery. We the true fans belong down in the front. And no one should hold our tickets Hostage. For Shame Anyone?

Date: April 2, 2015 05:48

What kind of weirdo wants the government to get involved in regulating ticket sales?

Date: April 2, 2015 05:52

Kevinstones78
Do I stand a chance at a decent seat or is it a waste of time. When ticket masters sells out then and only then should the crooks get the tickets.
Oh did I mention Stones tickets aren't even on sale yet. Have a look for yourself
What if anything can we do to stop this thievery. We the true fans belong down in the front. And no one should hold our tickets Hostage. For Shame Anyone?

Chances are anything you see in the first few rows is put there by the band.

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: April 2, 2015 05:53

Something has to be done, the landscape for tickets has changed dramatically in the past 15 years. Some of it may be access pure and simple (more people online to try for tickets) but my bet is more of it is corruption and greed pain and simple. For the No Security tour I was able to pull tickets the minute hey went on sale and without fail pull them in the the first 20 rows on the floor. Nowadays I can be in and pull tickets with seconds of the on sale time and can't get a pair on the whole floor.

Date: April 2, 2015 06:04

JN99
Something has to be done, the landscape for tickets has changed dramatically in the past 15 years. Some of it may be access pure and simple (more people online to try for tickets) but my bet is more of it is corruption and greed pain and simple. For the No Security tour I was able to pull tickets the minute hey went on sale and without fail pull them in the the first 20 rows on the floor. Nowadays I can be in and pull tickets with seconds of the on sale time and can't get a pair on the whole floor.

Aside from Oakland and Sacramento, No Security wasn't really a brisk seller.

What can be done? Don't like the prices, don't pay. Often they end up back in the system at "normal" prices if no one bites at the high end. You just have to be lucky enough to catch them when they do because they don't stay more than a few minutes.

A huge chunk are being withheld for premium packages - this even happens at the smallest levels, and also bands scalp their own tickets. So a small amount of the best tickets even end up in the system in the begin with. But why not, if people are willing to pay higher prices for the best seats, then the band should be able to sell at a premium and collect the bulk of the funds.

Moment of sale is the worst time to buy. I almost never buy on my first pull.

I get first few rows all the time though often singles and on the ends.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 2, 2015 06:29

JN99

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 2, 2015 06:55

Kevinstones78

Nobody can do anything. Obviously, the secondary market gets tickets directly from the promoters. The best tickets. This is part of the pricing structure of the tour, its part of the whole financial package, the promoter shares in those profits and it helps to support the rest of the pricing structure, so its part of how the Stones get paid. It's just capitalism, under which "true fans" means those who can afford and are willing to pay the most.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: April 2, 2015 07:10

I would suggest purchasing seats on ground level front. Stadium seats from a side view are the sama as an arena.

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: April 2, 2015 07:28

New tour, New dance moves?

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: April 2, 2015 07:41

jumpontopofmebaby
They can still play the war horses and still mix it up with 23 or 24 songs.

Open up with a rocker...Let It Rock or Street Fightin Man.

Ruby Tuesday is good at Stadiums.

Drop Miss You for ever.

Start Me Up
Honky Tonk Women
Tumblin Dice
Brown Sugar
Satisfaction
Jumpin Jack Flash
You Cant Always Get What You Want
Paint It Black
Gimmie Shelter
Its Only Rock and Roll

Thats only 10 songs plus Keiths 2. If they did 24 Songs that leaves 12 to play around with

The problem is not the war horses / hits. The problem is lack of Songs

IF THEY DID 24 songs???? They s-t-r-e-t-c-h to 20 nowdays, 19 is the norm.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: April 2, 2015 07:55

daspyknows
bitusa2012
Stoneage
Recieved a mail from Rolling Stones and Polydor Records yesterday. It says "New Music & Tour News from The Rolling Stones". Now that's not really true, is it? At least not the first part..

It's "new" music to many, surely? Not EVERYONE is into bootlegs. My brother in law, a keen Stones fan, has none. He's pretty excited having now heard/seen the acoustic Wild Horses video to be getting some "new" Stones music.

WTF? Bootleg recordings? A bootleg recording is a live concert recording that is sold without the bands permission, a roio recording is a live recording NOT sold without bands permission and what they are selling are live soundboard recordings which have been remastered and are being sold by the band.

get your terminology straight

WTF are all those albums I have titled Through the Lonely Nights or Black Box or Voodoo Stew or Voodoo Brew or .... WTF are they then, tosser? THEY are F bootlegs as well knob, the band didnt F release them.

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: April 2, 2015 09:02

virgil

Likecats I was just throwing a little levity on the subject, I agree with you, not so much with the scalper on the street thats what he does. I had Boston red sox and NE Patriots season tickets over the years. What I hate is the cozy relation ship all the pro teams and venues have with the secondary ticket sellers like Ace tickets ,Stub hub etc. Alot of stadiums now have them located on the property or and thier sponsors.

Levity is good. smiling smiley Anyone should knock me off that soapbox when I start taking myself too seriously.

Posted by: rollman ()
Date: April 2, 2015 10:31

You Can't Always Zip What You Want

One Zip To The Body

You Better Get Some Zip Tonight

Zipping Up

Posted by: RaahenTiikeri ()
Date: April 2, 2015 10:58

zip this joint

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 2, 2015 12:42

GangsterBolshevik
What kind of weirdo wants the government to get involved in regulating ticket sales?

Huh, huh....Mick jagger......."I think the secondary market should be banned"

Plus everybody else that's sick and tired of being drained by a bunch of dirty little vampires in seersucker suits...(sic)............

(there may be vamps in government but at least they are ultimately - when caught - answerable to the public..........

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-02 12:44 by EddieByword.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: April 2, 2015 12:50

rollman

One Zip To The Body

...Well, in that song 'formerly known as' "One HIT to the Body", there are the lines "You burst in in a blaze of light / you unZIPped the dark..."
(I quite like that one, btw.)

So there's your ZIP reference.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 2, 2015 14:27

The easiset way round the secondary market is to treat tickets like (some?) computer software, you lease it, you never actaully own it, so you can't sell it. (then you don't have to deal with the whine of "Oh, well I bought it, I own it,, I am a capitalist and should be able to sell it for whatever price I like, yak, yak, yak.......).................

The lease expires on the day of the show.

If you have a genuine problem and discover you can't attend the show after buying leasing it, you can surrender your lease (ticket) back to the band's ticket agent for face value minus a realistic and fair admin charge.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-02 14:40 by EddieByword.

Posted by: kammpberg ()
Date: April 2, 2015 14:35

The tragedy of the Rolling Stones is that Mick Jagger is right. If they played Sticky Fingers in their entirety a large percentage of the audience would be bored, not know the songs and go for beer and leave disappointed. Of course real Stones fans like myself would LOVE to see it performed and not be bored for a second. But unlike Springsteen who plays full albums, deep cuts etc and his fans know every word, sing along and not bored for a second, or U2 who always focus on their current releases and audience loves it, the Stones over the last 10 years have created this situation by becoming what they are, a gloried Beach Boys playing the classics over and over again, living on a legacy and not being an active band. They damaged their legacy and left a bitter pill in their real fans like myself.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: April 2, 2015 16:09

kammpberg
The tragedy of the Rolling Stones is that Mick Jagger is right. If they played Sticky Fingers in their entirety a large percentage of the audience would be bored, not know the songs and go for beer and leave disappointed. Of course real Stones fans like myself would LOVE to see it performed and not be bored for a second. But unlike Springsteen who plays full albums, deep cuts etc and his fans know every word, sing along and not bored for a second, or U2 who always focus on their current releases and audience loves it, the Stones over the last 10 years have created this situation by becoming what they are, a gloried Beach Boys playing the classics over and over again, living on a legacy and not being an active band. They damaged their legacy and left a bitter pill in their real fans like myself.

I think the insight from Mick Jagger and Elton John talking about the Madonna concert in "Being Mick", is that Mick, from audience level, has seen the energy in the crowd dissipate when new or unfamiliar music is played. The fans and the music lovers may enjoy it, but unfortunately most of the crowd are casual fans who only know the big hits form the radio. They are drunk and want to have a party. Any wedding DJ knows that the familiar songs are going to be the crowd pleasers, and the unfamiliar stuff will send the people on the dance floor back to the buffet table.

When Prince was the musical guest on "Saturday Night Live" a few months back, he played some great new stuff, but the next day average Prince fans were complaining that he didn't play anything familiar.

People already have positive memories associated with the warhorses. They deliver the goods to the casual fan and make the crowd happy. I can't imagine how the band plays them and keeps them fresh for themselves decade after decade. The only explanation is that they feed off the energy of the crowd, and the the crowd is feeding off the energy of the warhorse because it's already a familiar, beloved part of their lives.

Believe me, my ideal setlist would be rarities and new stuff. If they did a whole set playing nothing but brand new material I had never heard before, I would be as happy as I can be. You are right that they are not an active band producing new albums of material, and they have trained their audiences to expect a hit-heavy setlist. Mick does bear much of the responsibility of that.

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: April 2, 2015 16:26

kammpberg

Agree. They are kind of afraid to do what you suggest. They play the safe route

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: April 2, 2015 16:28

jahisnotdead
kammpberg

I think the insight from Mick Jagger and Elton John talking about the Madonna concert in "Being Mick", is that Mick, from audience level, has seen the energy in the crowd dissipate when new or unfamiliar music is played. The fans and the music lovers may enjoy it, but unfortunately most of the crowd are casual fans who only know the big hits form the radio. They are drunk and want to have a party. Any wedding DJ knows that the familiar songs are going to be the crowd pleasers, and the unfamiliar stuff will send the people on the dance floor back to the buffet table.

When Prince was the musical guest on "Saturday Night Live" a few months back, he played some great new stuff, but the next day average Prince fans were complaining that he didn't play anything familiar.

People already have positive memories associated with the warhorses. They deliver the goods to the casual fan and make the crowd happy. I can't imagine how the band plays them and keeps them fresh for themselves decade after decade. The only explanation is that they feed off the energy of the crowd, and the the crowd is feeding off the energy of the warhorse because it's already a familiar, beloved part of their lives.

Believe me, my ideal setlist would be rarities and new stuff. If they did a whole set playing nothing but brand new material I had never heard before, I would be as happy as I can be. You are right that they are not an active band producing new albums of material, and they have trained their audiences to expect a hit-heavy setlist. Mick does bear much of the responsibility of that.

this is true for many bands but not for every band. dylan, Springsteen, jack White, black crowes, allman bros and many others always liked to change. it depends how fans are educated to that. now it is too late fo rthe stones, they cannot go in front of 80.000 people and play "winter". their fans have been never get used to that. but if Springsteen plays "factory", the big part of the crowd is happy. they could play obscure songs in small venues in front of fans like us. if not....warhorses with 2/3 songs like respectable to make all of us say " wow, great setlist so far" ..

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 2, 2015 16:31

I truly expect the band will give a spectacular show with lots of energy and surprises. We love them and they love us, warts and all…ROCK OUT!!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 2, 2015 16:32

EddieByword
GangsterBolshevik

Huh, huh....Mick jagger......."I think the secondary market should be banned"

Plus everybody else that's sick and tired of being drained by a bunch of dirty little vampires in seersucker suits...(sic)............

(there may be vamps in government but at least they are ultimately - when caught - answerable to the public..........

You folks discussing scalping might want to dive into this thread ...... it's only 4 pages long, but the interesting development is what I post on page 3, here's the link

[www.iorr.org]

It's the post that starts with this:

Culture secretary agrees to proposal that fans must be told exact details of their ticket when they make a purchase

When new bill becomes law, you’ll have to be told all your ticket details.

Here in the UK, under considerable pressure from not only public but also artists and promoters themselves, the government had to act .... and it did so by tightening things up a bit with an amendment to the consumer rights bill. It's a long way off imposing an outright ban on the practice of re-selling tickets, but it does at least oblige the companies that operate within the secondary market to comprehensively advertise precisely what it is they're selling ... which to state the obvious is not merely the block, but also the specific row and seat number

I have no doubt the professional scalpers are going to be going into overdrive for this particular Stones tour, I shudder to think of what prices they're going to be asking for some of the front of stage blocks & the first few rows. Eye watering amounts of money I shouldn't wonder ......

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 2, 2015 17:05

DREAMTIME
treaclefingers
DREAMTIME
you can stop scalping if the industry really wanted. the good ole wait on line, one ticket per person and that person is the only one that can use that ticket. otherwise pay at the gate as you enter. and government regulation making ticket sales transparent. they can use the pick your seat system or even the old airline way of stickers on a map.

But Greed is winning as long as the sheep go along with their plan...

yeah, miss those good old days lining up for tickets for hours in the cold and rain, through the night.

so much better than buying on your computer and printing your receipt.

It is when you get first 10 rows based on first come first served. We also had good times lining up with good people back then. I once waited in line for 19 hours for Led Zep. It also means better people in the front and not just VIP's who can buy their way in...

you had me up until "waited in line for 10 hours for Led Zep".

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 2, 2015 17:09

kleermaker
DoomandGloom
oldschool
Justin
He's afraid that his audience will walk out? Well that's what you get for conditioning your audience for more than 25 years with greatest hits tour after greatest hits tour. When you don't play anything that's not a top 10 hit--this is what happens. Mick is right but he shouldn't blame his audience for this "problem" when he's at the root of it.

The Stones are not the only ones who have this concern. All legacy bands have the same challenge in that 95%+ of their audience are casual fans who want to hear the hits.

I doubt fans would walk out but I can assure you a lot of the audience would walk out disappointed at the end of the show if they did not get to hear the old war horse hits.
I don't care about the sets, I like all the songs, especially the real old ones. I just want them to play what they feel they can perform best. I'd rather have a tight TD than a screwed up LJ.

Almost all songs on Brussels Affair bootleg are warhorses now, but that bootleg will never ever tire! Same goes for YaYa's, Leeds and L&G, to name a few.

It's not the 'warhorses', it's the way the music is played. In the Taylor era we got so many versions of for instance Brown Sugar. Compare the 1970, 1971, 1972 and 1973 Sugars with each other and you'll understand what I mean. The same goes for Midnight Rambler. Street Fighting Man, JJF and others. Remember the way MR was played in Shanghai, that was something totally new and great, MR being a warhorse though.

To compare with classical music: one can attend the same masterpieces by the great masters endlessly. But one thing is essential: they have to be played greatly. And that's what should bother the Stones: to play greatly.

Well said Herr Kleerie!

April 8 Tickets Go on Sale (AMEX only) w/link
Date: April 2, 2015 14:59

I just received an e-mail from "RS.com" that tix go on sale for AMEX holders on April 8. This will be next Wednesday at 10:00 AM EDT.

Sorry - forgot to post source

[www.rollingstones.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-02 15:15 by Chris Fountain.

Re: April 8 Tickets Go on Sale (AMEX only) w/link
Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 2, 2015 15:26

I love the fact they tell you the time for the general ticket sales but not the April 8th presale.

Re: April 8 Tickets Go on Sale (AMEX only) w/link
Date: April 2, 2015 15:37

Maindefender
I love the fact they tell you the time for the general ticket sales but not the April 8th presale.

I think you have to click to get to the April 8 announcement. They state 10:00 A.M. EDT. I definitely read the time slot.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1850
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home