Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 66
Re: The Rolling Stones ZIP CODE Tour 2015
Date: April 2, 2015 00:13

They can still play the war horses and still mix it up with 23 or 24 songs.

Open up with a rocker...Let It Rock or Street Fightin Man.

Ruby Tuesday is good at Stadiums.

Drop Miss You for ever.

Start Me Up
Honky Tonk Women
Tumblin Dice
Brown Sugar
Satisfaction
Jumpin Jack Flash
You Cant Always Get What You Want
Paint It Black
Gimmie Shelter
Its Only Rock and Roll

Thats only 10 songs plus Keiths 2. If they did 24 Songs that leaves 12 to play around with

The problem is not the war horses / hits. The problem is lack of Songs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-02 00:14 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: April 2, 2015 00:16

oldschool
I see your point Justin and you make a good one but from what I read Mick is notoriously worried about playing it safe. Unless I am remembering wrong Keef and Ronnie would love to stretch out the setlist but Mick does not want to take the chance.

I like many here would love to see more of the obscure songs played but doubt Mick would take the chance especially for a Stadium show which always seems to have the most vanilla set lists due to the size of the crowds.

Yes it definitely is an issue that's plagued the band for decades--no getting around that. I don't mean to bring this issue up but the interview posted with Mick this morning where he whines about the audience turning their backs at a Sticky Fingers show really irked me since Jagger himself is completely responsible for training his audience to only respond to the warhorses and very little of anything else.

I mean, he can't even back up his argument with anything really substantial...the No Security tour was the only recent tour with slightly more obscurer songs than any other tour and that was STILL a success. When did Mick ever test his audience? Was there ever a tour that failed because of their controversial set list design? Nope. Tour after tour has been safe choices; GENEROUSLY designed shows to satisfy the most casual fan in attendance.

Mick looks at his shows as strictly a business venture--not an artistic one--and now he "blames" his audience for not allowing him to do an artistic show. Gimme a break!

Date: April 2, 2015 00:17

jumpontopofmebaby
They can still play the war horses and still mix it up with 23 or 24 songs.

Open up with a rocker...Let It Rock or Street Fightin Man.

Ruby Tuesday is good at Stadiums.

Drop Miss You for ever.

Start Me Up
Honky Tonk Women
Tumblin Dice
Brown Sugar
Satisfaction
Jumpin Jack Flash
You Cant Always Get What You Want
Paint It Black
Gimmie Shelter
Its Only Rock and Roll

Thats only 10 songs plus Keiths 2. If they did 24 Songs that leaves 12 to play around with

The problem is not the war horses / hits. The problem is lack of Songs

With 24 songs they could really mix it up. Heck give Keith 3 songs but space them out over the evening.

Come on Mick Mix it up!

Date: April 2, 2015 00:19

The band hasn't done 24 songs in about a decade. They are down to 18/19 songs these days. The ten tracks off Sticky Fingers plus any 8 from your list of warhorses would satisfy even the most clueless casual fan.

Date: April 2, 2015 00:34

Justin
The band hasn't done 24 songs in about a decade. They are down to 18/19 songs these days. The ten tracks off Sticky Fingers plus any 8 from your list of warhorses would satisfy even the most clueless casual fan.

They did 22 last time I saw them in 2013 and had done 23 several times before that same tour . And now they are taking more time between shows.

With Keith doing 3 it would be possible.

Date: April 2, 2015 00:40

jumpontopofmebaby
Justin

They did 22 last time I saw them in 2013 and had done 23 several times before that same tour . And now they are taking more time between shows.

IT IS NOT THE SET LIST. IT IS THE AMOUNT OF SONGS PLAYED!

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: April 2, 2015 01:02

Yes, it would be nice to get longer set lists, I agree. 19 does tend to leave me wanting for more... I remember the Steel Wheels opener in Philly and 27 songs! I'm also always a little disappointed that so little post Tattoo material makes it past a first tour. I may be in the minority but could happily rattle off 8-10 songs from that era I'd like to hear played.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: April 2, 2015 01:06

Plenty of tickets available NOW on StubHub! Let the corruption begin!

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 2, 2015 01:20

Justin
kleermaker
It's not the 'warhorses', it's the way the music is played. In the Taylor era we got so many versions of for instance Brown Sugar. Compare the 1970, 1971, 1972 and 1973 Sugars with each other and you'll understand what I mean. The same goes for Midnight Rambler. Street Fighting Man, JJF and others. Remember the way MR was played in Shanghai, that was something totally new and great, MR being a warhorse though.

"So many versions" of Brown Sugar? The song is played exactly the same way in each of those years. Taylor adding a slide in 73 to do his fills doesn't exactly constitute for a major shift in the song.

It's natural for a new song to grow and shift when played over time--Taylor's presence was not the driving force. Songs like "Beast of Burden" and "When The Whip Comes Down" already went through a metamorphosis from 78 to 81 and beyond. These shifts happen organically because of what the entire band feels not because of one person dictating how the song should go.

And what exactly was "totally new and great" about MR from Shanghai? You're talking about the wild bends and feedback effects Taylor was doing in the middle section? Besides that the rest of the song was performed exactly the way it's always been played and isn't that different from the awesome versions with Ronnie from 2006, 2002, 1999, 1994 or 1989.

Well if you don't hear it and can't follow my argument.... put on Brussels Affair the bootleg and then complain about the warhorses you have to listen to. I wish you strength.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 2, 2015 01:23

DREAMTIME

I see tickets up front in NY on Keith's side for $3800. Is Stub Hub just anticipating having these tickets available or do they already have them. I'm confused.

peace

Date: April 2, 2015 01:25

They skipped the warhorses that night, kleerie. The songs were fresh, remember? No Satisfaction, The Last Time or GOOMC in Brussels smiling smiley

Justin is right, of course.

Date: April 2, 2015 01:25

kleermaker
Well if you don't hear it and can't follow my argument.... put on Brussels Affair the bootleg and then complain about the warhorses you have to listen to. I wish you strength.

Maybe I need to wear my Taylor blinders as well to really hear the difference?

You're right though; MR from Shanghai was so totally different that I barely recognized what song they were playing!

Date: April 2, 2015 01:29

Naturalust
DREAMTIME

I see tickets up front in NY on Keith's side for $3800. Is Stub Hub just anticipating having these tickets available or do they already have them. I'm confused.

peace

For what it's worth: I read on another board that AEG had organized an internal pre-sale within its company last weekend with a ticket limit of 4. Whether it's true or not: not really sure but it may partially factor in why some tickets are already "available." Also, the fact that I think it's an open secret that promoters have a direct link to these secondary ticket markets for these type of events.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: April 2, 2015 01:42

if you can't zip me somebody will.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: April 2, 2015 01:49

jkundl
syrel
BV, can you tell us anything about a potential date on the 27th? There were 3 cities under consideration - are they now all off the table or are there still negotiations ongoing? I realise nothing can be confirmed, but it would be helpful to know if there at least MIGHT still be a show on that date - because spending $1000 on flights is hard to justify for one show...

syrel

If you want to save on Airfare, fly Spirit Airlines! Look them up!

Yea you sit on a f%^*ing milk crate.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 2, 2015 01:55

Natlanta
if you can't zip me somebody will.

Zip this Joint
Hold on to your Zip
Zips for Sale

I take it back, that tour name can actually provide acres of fun ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: April 2, 2015 01:58

Naturalust
DREAMTIME

peace

I doubt anyone has tickets yet. StubHub usually has them listed within seconds after the beginning of an on-sale and I'm not surprised they're advertising them more than a week in advance. I think it's based on speculation. Someone, with connections perhaps, must be confident that they can get these tickets and then gouge us on the secondary market. If StubHub can't deliver then they'll either refund your money or offer something comparable. At least that's how I think it works. Unfortunately, as the ticket purchasing process has evolved with technology, the business of "ticket brokers" has grown ever more sophisticated and opened more avenues of greed as well. It sucks being a plebeian who loves music.
That said, I'm looking forward to kicking off the tour in San Diego!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-02 01:59 by likecats.

Date: April 2, 2015 02:01

likecats
Naturalust
DREAMTIME

peace

I doubt anyone has tickets yet. StubHub usually has them listed within seconds after the beginning of an on-sale and I'm not surprised they're advertising them more than a week in advance. I think it's based on speculation. Someone, with connections perhaps, must be confident that they can get these tickets and then gouge us on the secondary market. If StubHub can't deliver then they'll either refund your money or offer something comparable. At least that's how I think it works. Unfortunately, as the ticket purchasing process has evolved with technology, the business of "ticket brokers" has grown ever more sophisticated and opened more avenues of greed as well. It sucks being a plebeian who loves music.

wrong. these are specific seats. corporate amerika is corrupt. period. (remember chuck got caught!)

Date: April 2, 2015 02:01

jumpontopofmebaby
Justin

They did 23 at both the 02 arena shows , the 2nd Newark show, the staples center LA , the oracle arena (oakland)

Date: April 2, 2015 02:08

DREAMTIME
likecats
Naturalust
DREAMTIME

peace

wrong. these are specific seats. corporate amerika is corrupt. period. (remember chuck got caught!)

I agree about corruption, I was just making a guess about the source of the tickets. They might be seats that belong to an individual or corporate season ticket holder and thus are guaranteed for them. Whatever they are, I despise ticket scalping.

Date: April 2, 2015 02:18

Whatever they are, I despise ticket scalping.[/quote]

Question? If you purchased a house for $200,000 and a year later sold it for $300,000 because thats what the market price rate had risen too. Is that scalping or a pretty wise investment?

Date: April 2, 2015 02:34

virgil
Whatever they are, I despise ticket scalping.

Question? If you purchased a house for $200,000 and a year later sold it for $300,000 because thats what the market price rate had risen too. Is that scalping or a pretty wise investment?[/quote]

It sounds like a wise investment. Yet, I still despise ticket scalping.
One could argue that there is no difference between flipping real estate and flipping concert tickets as an opportunity for profit, but I don't have the emotional connection with the former that I do with the latter.
I've heard a lot of "It's capitalism, baby!" and "It's the American way!" when it comes to scalping tickets but I loathe it just the same.
I'll also admit that there have been times when I've bought from scalpers if that was the only way to get a difficult ticket. So, I'll get off my soapbox since I've made a deal or two with Satan in my time......but I still hate ticket scalping.

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: April 2, 2015 02:55

virgil
likecats

Question? If you purchased a house for $200,000 and a year later sold it for $300,000 because thats what the market price rate had risen too. Is that scalping or a pretty wise investment?

Not directed to me but since you asked I guess anyone can chime in and so I will!

It's scalping if that person had an opportunity to buy the house that the general public did not, an inside connection, an advantage - the ability to buy before the house was ever offered for sale. Ya know, that sort of thing that goes on with tickets...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-02 02:59 by JN99.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 2, 2015 03:07

likecats
virgil

If the Chinese government (for example) suddenly bought up every single house that was for sale in DC or New York or London and then 3 weeks later put those houses back on the market at 4 times the price, the US/UK governments would find a way to stop that happening again in about 10 minutes flat.........imo of course....

In principle, that's what scalpers do......

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-02 03:13 by EddieByword.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: April 2, 2015 03:08

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-02 03:08 by mnewman505.

Date: April 2, 2015 03:08

likecats
virgil

It sounds like a wise investment. Yet, I still despise ticket scalping.
One could argue that there is no difference between flipping real estate and flipping concert tickets as an opportunity for profit, but I don't have the emotional connection with the former that I do with the latter.
I've heard a lot of "It's capitalism, baby!" and "It's the American way!" when it comes to scalping tickets but I loathe it just the same.
I'll also admit that there have been times when I've bought from scalpers if that was the only way to get a difficult ticket. So, I'll get off my soapbox since I've made a deal or two with Satan in my time......but I still hate ticket scalping.[/quote]

Likecats I was just throwing a little levity on the subject, I agree with you, not so much with the scalper on the street thats what he does. I had Boston red sox and NE Patriots season tickets over the years. What I hate is the cozy relation ship all the pro teams and venues have with the secondary ticket sellers like Ace tickets ,Stub hub etc. Alot of stadiums now have them located on the property or and thier sponsors.

I have seen tickets for sale on Stub hub (inflated prices) for any given Red sox game. Then a day before that game those exact same seats are for sale on the Red sox website at the original face value. They give Ace or stub hub a bunch of tickets on consignment and say get what ever price you can and we take this much and you that much. This is one way the team can also say its another sold out game. What they don't sell they give back to the team and they post on thier website or sell at the window day of the game. This is for most of the pro teams in all sports now. The more popular the team or the furthur they make it into the playoffs the deeper the greed and cozier relationship gets.

Yes I hate the legalized scalping that this is for sure.

Date: April 2, 2015 03:21

you can stop scalping if the industry really wanted. the good ole wait on line, one ticket per person and that person is the only one that can use that ticket. otherwise pay at the gate as you enter. and government regulation making ticket sales transparent. they can use the pick your seat system or even the old airline way of stickers on a map.

But Greed is winning as long as the sheep go along with their plan...

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 2, 2015 03:42

I am a bit shocked and angry that some "legit" corporation like Stub Hub is able to offer specific seats in the entire front and near front sections, guaranteeing row numbers and together seats before any official tickets are on sale. Obviously quite a few tickets have already been sold in the sneaky pre-pre sale.

With all the fans and insiders here anybody have any real info on how exactly this happens. AEG presale? , promoters backroom deals?

peace

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 2, 2015 03:47

DREAMTIME
you can stop scalping if the industry really wanted. the good ole wait on line, one ticket per person and that person is the only one that can use that ticket. otherwise pay at the gate as you enter. and government regulation making ticket sales transparent. they can use the pick your seat system or even the old airline way of stickers on a map.

yeah, miss those good old days lining up for tickets for hours in the cold and rain, through the night.

so much better than buying on your computer and printing your receipt.

Date: April 2, 2015 04:07

treaclefingers
DREAMTIME

yeah, miss those good old days lining up for tickets for hours in the cold and rain, through the night.

so much better than buying on your computer and printing your receipt.

It is when you get first 10 rows based on first come first served. We also had good times lining up with good people back then. I once waited in line for 19 hours for Led Zep. It also means better people in the front and not just VIP's who can buy their way in...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1761
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home