Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 66
Re: The Rolling Stones ZIP CODE Tour 2015
Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: April 1, 2015 16:08

jumpontopofmebaby
How does Stub Hub already have Stones tickets for sale?

They are expensive!

Same with Ebay. I know for a fact some ticket agencies, legal scalpers, have contact at Ticketmaster and or the Box office and get choice tickets before they go on sale.

Just checked out stub hub and nose bleeds in the 400 section for the Arlington show are being offered for over $200.00.

Considering how many tickets will be available I find it hard to believe that anyone who wants them can't grab cheap seats either form TM. Personally I would wait until show day and you should be able to get nosebleeds for under face. JMO

Re: ZIP CODE TOUR
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 1, 2015 16:11

Rokyfan
So you want a board with hundreds of posts saying Party On with beer mugs clanking

I wouldn't mind smileys with beer Cheers

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: April 1, 2015 16:11

oldschool
jumpontopofmebaby
How does Stub Hub already have Stones tickets for sale?

They are expensive!

Same with Ebay. I know for a fact some ticket agencies, legal scalpers, have contact at Ticketmaster and or the Box office and get choice tickets before they go on sale.

Just checked out stub hub and nose bleeds in the 400 section for the Arlington show are being offered for over $200.00.

Considering how many tickets will be available I find it hard to believe that anyone who wants them can't grab cheap seats either form TM. Personally I would wait until show day and you should be able to get nosebleeds for under face. JMO

Arlington is were I looked also. Crazy prices on stub hub. I am a little concerned about getting good seats there. Been a while for Texas and lots of big cities a short drive away from Arlington

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 1, 2015 16:12

bv
I think the tour name ZIP CODE is great. Better than A Bigger Bang, and better than names like Office Depot Center. Wait until you see the T-shirts with YOUR zip code if you live nearby. Also, the ZIPPER is a famous part of Sticky Fingers.

Anyway, why worry so much about the tour name? Is it that important? More important... they will be performing 15 shows in 15 cities in front of nearly one million fans!

Actually I will guess 1/3 of the audiences will be from the outside the zip code area, so from a tee shirt design it's rather meaningless. On the other hand I hope it's colorful and there are good options at the shows!!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 1, 2015 16:15

Love the photo on the main page BV...sorry didn't know where else to post it.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: April 1, 2015 16:19

corriecas
bv
I think the tour name ZIP CODE is great. Better than A Bigger Bang, and better than names like Office Depot Center. Wait until you see the T-shirts with YOUR zip code if you live nearby. Also, the ZIPPER is a famous part of Sticky Fingers.

Anyway, why worry so much about the tour name? Is it that important? More important... they will be performing 15 shows in 15 cities in front of nearly one million fans!

Agreed!!!
jeroensmileys with beer

Me too, actually made me laugh once I got the joke, can't wait to see the tour shirts!

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: April 1, 2015 16:36

Stoneage
The interesting bit will be the setlist. Are they going to build a setlist around the re-released Sticky Fingers album
or will it simply be a continuation of the 14 on Fire tour, give or take a couple of songs?

I'll go with the latter. Although the order of the songs may be switched up a bit.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 1, 2015 16:46

andrewt
Stoneage
The interesting bit will be the setlist. Are they going to build a setlist around the re-released Sticky Fingers album
or will it simply be a continuation of the 14 on Fire tour, give or take a couple of songs?

I'll go with the latter. Although the order of the songs may be switched up a bit.

They might do 3 or 4 songs from SF, since it's the "new," 44-year-old album they're touring behind.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 1, 2015 16:50

The complete Sticky Fingers will be performed at the pre-tour event in Los Angeles. Then they will of course record it so that everyone can enjoy that show later on.

For the stadium shows they will most probably play the regular songs, the favoritees everyone is coming for. May be they will be able to squeeze in an extra or two more songs from Sticky Fingers, but I can't see them taking away JJF, Satisfaction, SMU, HTW, Sympathy and so on to make space for a large slot of SF material.

Bjornulf

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: April 1, 2015 16:55

any word on whether there will be Lucky Dips?

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: April 1, 2015 16:57

Who cares about the name of the tour - roll on the gigs!

Zip codes were introduced after the Stones started, in 1963. Strange name (from a Brit perspective) - stands for Zone Improvement Plan... and unless you use the extended version (who does?) then you get rather large areas under one Code.

In the UK, the post code (get it - it does what it says on the can) gets you to 100 houses or less in suburban areas, and in cities often just one or two buildings.

Now can we please please please focus on how to get the best tickets for the lowest price; where the pre-gig gatherings will be; the likely set list; how to get the date and tickets for the pre-tour show etc etc.....

Date: April 1, 2015 17:01

bv
The complete Sticky Fingers will be performed at the pre-tour event in Los Angeles. Then they will of course record it so that everyone can enjoy that show later on.

For the stadium shows they will most probably play the regular songs, the favoritees everyone is coming for. May be they will be able to squeeze in an extra or two more songs from Sticky Fingers, but I can't see them taking away JJF, Satisfaction, SMU, HTW, Sympathy and so on to make space for a large slot of SF material.

I would have to agree. But if they just played 23 0r 24 songs they could really make it special. All the needed Stadium songs and a few bonus songs.

And please please please let me MISS - "MISS YOU" this tour!

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: April 1, 2015 17:04

BV, can you tell us anything about a potential date on the 27th? There were 3 cities under consideration - are they now all off the table or are there still negotiations ongoing? I realise nothing can be confirmed, but it would be helpful to know if there at least MIGHT still be a show on that date - because spending $1000 on flights is hard to justify for one show...

syrel

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: April 1, 2015 17:11

Good question syrel. I assume no show is happening on that date.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 1, 2015 17:12

bv

Agreed. It's true that in 1978 they made room for nearly all of Some Girls (7 songs in a 17-song set at the show I saw), but this tour has nothing at all in common with 1978 .... other than the time of year. (Late spring/early summer is the best time for a good case of the Stones Fever!) cool smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-01 17:15 by tatters.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 1, 2015 17:25

bitusa2012
Stoneage
Recieved a mail from Rolling Stones and Polydor Records yesterday. It says "New Music & Tour News from The Rolling Stones". Now that's not really true, is it? At least not the first part..

It's "new" music to many, surely? Not EVERYONE is into bootlegs. My brother in law, a keen Stones fan, has none. He's pretty excited having now heard/seen the acoustic Wild Horses video to be getting some "new" Stones music.

WTF? Bootleg recordings? A bootleg recording is a live concert recording that is sold without the bands permission, a roio recording is a live recording NOT sold without bands permission and what they are selling are live soundboard recordings which have been remastered and are being sold by the band.

get your terminology straight

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 1, 2015 17:37

eyesoftheworld
BluzDude
What about the Pandora presale on day 2? I guess you need a premium account, but perhaps all we need is an access code?

This is an excellent question.
I was wondering the same.

I guess nobody knows anything about this???

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 1, 2015 17:40

Beast
BluzDude
1-800-528-4800

Thanks, BluzDude. Is that the same as the number on the back of an AMEX card?

I don't know, I don't have an AmEx card. but I do have a list that shows customer service numbers for different credit cards, and their site also showed this number.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 1, 2015 17:42

bv

Please let this not be an April Fools..
And also let me find a way to get in on this...

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 1, 2015 17:47

bv

Is this a promise or just an April fool's joke?

Posted by: joshbg2k ()
Date: April 1, 2015 17:52

daspyknows
WTF? Bootleg recordings? A bootleg recording is a live concert recording that is sold without the bands permission, a roio recording is a live recording NOT sold without bands permission and what they are selling are live soundboard recordings which have been remastered and are being sold by the band.

get your terminology straight

calm down man, the bonus content for the reissue has probably been bootlegged in the past.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: April 1, 2015 18:21

I don't get the fascination with Mick Taylor in 2015.....after seeing him a half dozen times in 2012-2013 it's abundantly clear that at this juncture in time he has nothing on Ronnie Wood. Nothing. Enjoy the Rolling Stones as they are today.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-01 18:33 by Woz.

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: April 1, 2015 18:43

inviting mick taylor was a very nice gesture. very nice for the fans who have been longing for him since 1974. did he really bring anything extra special that lived up to the wishing and hoping?
for me it has always been "woody stones". yeah, and i do think that woody saved the stones.
don't believe me? go look at the 1978 tour movie again.

about the week off, how about this. what if ticket sales for the stadiums are really flat? the stones playing a suprise theater gig, a la new joisy on the "78 tour, would be a media sensation. could be something that really kick-starts slow ticket sales.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 1, 2015 19:00

They have said quite clearly this tour is 15 stadium shows in 15 cities. The extra days in the schedule are probably in there for resting and breaks, they need those breaks.

Bjornulf

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: April 1, 2015 19:09

bv
They have said quite clearly this tour is 15 stadium shows in 15 cities. The extra days in the schedule are probably in there for resting and breaks, they need those breaks.

Thanks BV. Disappointing news, but at least that's clarity.

syrel

Posted by: massmick ()
Date: April 1, 2015 19:15

If you gather ALL the zip codes...add them...divide by 15...you will get the pass code for the LA gigeye popping smiley

dont tell anyone, its just between me and youwinking smiley

does anyone know what todays date is?

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: April 1, 2015 19:28

bv

So the rumor on the San Diego thread that a 2nd San Diego show could be added is false? That is good to know as I would hate to book a return flight on the 25th and then find out a 2nd show is added for the 26th or 27th. You are 100% sure no show between May 24 and May 30???

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: April 1, 2015 19:31

bv
BV, what do you make of the gap between SD and OH? Might that be when they do the LA club show(s) or is there any chance at all they might add CO/WA/UT on 5/27?

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: April 1, 2015 19:48

I listened to iHeart Radio today and Mick is apparently very worried that they might lose the audience if they play the whole Sticky Fingers album, since 5 of 10 tracks is slow songs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-01 19:50 by TheBlockbuster.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 1, 2015 19:59

There's nothing new here, but I liked what Mick has said: "maybe they'll start going to get drinks". grinning smiley

Mick Jagger: Rolling Stones May Play 'Sticky Fingers' on Tour

"Maybe we'd play it and everyone would say, 'Great,'" says Jagger. "But maybe they'll start going to get drinks"

By Andy Greene April 1, 2015

The Rolling Stones are releasing a deluxe edition of Sticky Fingers on May 26th, and fans that see the band this summer might get to experience the 1971 album in its entirety. "We're floating the idea of playing the whole album," Mick Jagger tells Rolling Stone. "At the very least, we'll play the songs we don't normally play."

Sticky Fingers tracks "Brown Sugar," "Wild Horses," "Can't You Hear Me Knocking," "Bitch" and "Dead Flowers" have been in regular rotation in the Stones set list for years, but others are extremely rare. They haven't played "You Gotta Move" since the summer of 1976, and "Sister Morphine," "Moonlight Mile" and "I Got The Blues" have been untouched since the 1990s.

Jagger isn't totally convinced that playing the whole album in stadiums is a wise idea. "It's a really great album," he says. "But it has a lot of slow songs. Normally in a show we'd just do one or two ballads. Sticky Fingers has about five slow songs. I'm just worried that it might be problematic in stadiums. Maybe we'd play it and everyone would say, 'Great,' but maybe they'll get restless and start going to get drinks."

Tour rehearsals begin in a few weeks and the group will use that time to figure out the feasibility of playing the album in its entirety. "I'm sure we'll have a go at it," Jagger says. "We play a lot of the tunes and know them pretty well. I think we've played them all at least once. It's not like trying to do [the 1967 psych-rock album] Their Satanic Majesties Request."

The Rolling Stones kick off the 15-city Zip Code Tour on May 24th in San Diego and wrap up on July 15th in Quebec. Tickets for all shows except Quebec go on sale Monday, April 13th.

[www.rollingstone.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1831
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home