Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 66
Re: The Rolling Stones ZIP CODE Tour 2015
Posted by: Woz ()
Date: April 1, 2015 01:39

They had that same set up at Hyde Park, it is NOT a "B" stage, just a cat walk for Mick et al to take turns prancing about on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-01 01:40 by Woz.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 1, 2015 01:46

The interesting bit will be the setlist. Are they going to build a setlist around the re-released Sticky Fingers album
or will it simply be a continuation of the 14 on Fire tour, give or take a couple of songs?

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 1, 2015 01:59

@Stoneage, thats what I don't get. If my Stones knowledge serves me correctly, this is the first tour since 99 (No Security) where there is no real purpose.

60s - new music constantly, new band, etc...
69 - new album, new lineup, etc..
71 - new album
72-73 - new album
75-76 - new album, new lineup
78 - new album
81-82 - new album
89-90 - new album
94-95 - new album
97-98 - new album
99 - Bridges to Babylon tour so successful, they figure they'll do an arena tour with a superior setlist
02-03 - Licks greatest hits album, themed shows with mini-album sets, stadium, arena and club gigs, etc...
05-06 - new album
12-14 - anniversary tour, Mick Taylor

2015 - nothing? just the "we want to tour again" tour

I am not complaining, just curious why there doesn't seem to be any real theme on this go-round.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: April 1, 2015 02:03

Well, it seems the re-release of SF on May 25 is the "purpose" as the release date and tour commencement are right on top of each other. "Zip" code.....and most of the SF material has been played live over the years.....sure sounds suggestive of an SF theme.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-01 02:16 by Woz.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 1, 2015 02:05

You're right, Flacnvinyl. But they are re-releasing Sticky Fingers to coincide with the tour start. That's why I wondered if they are going use that album as some kind of theme for the setlist.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: April 1, 2015 02:09

For those interested heres a vid my wife sneakily took of me heading towards our front row seats in Adelaide. I've posted this before,my it thought if they use similar setup it will give you guys a peek.

video: [youtu.be]

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: April 1, 2015 02:19

Sticky Fingers is obviously the theme. On their website both the tour and resissues have equal billing...the two go hand in hand. No doubt they will devote a small portion of the show to Sticky Fingers by playing whatever song(s) they'll dust off for the occasion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-01 02:20 by Justin.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 1, 2015 02:23

flacnvinyl

I am not complaining, just curious why there doesn't seem to be any real theme on this go-round.

I think the theme is obviously in support of the SF re-release but also and more importantly... "this may be the last American tour, we're going to do our best to bring the Stones to new locations, play the majority of people's favorite songs and a big thank you for supporting the Stones."

peace

Date: April 1, 2015 02:29

Deathgod
For those interested heres a vid my wife sneakily took of me heading towards our front row seats in Adelaide. I've posted this before,my it thought if they use similar setup it will give you guys a peek.

First, good song playing! smiling smiley

Second, lucky you two!

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: April 1, 2015 02:35

looks like you can pick up and chuck them chairs.
they must be very polite down under.

Date: April 1, 2015 02:40

Deathgod

Sweet! Thanks for posting. Reminds me how good it feels to pass by the successive rows of security en route to the good seats. Almost makes you want to repeat the process a few times just for the rush. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

peace

Posted by: atip ()
Date: April 1, 2015 03:07

babyblue
shucks any chance Seattle can still happen

Bring on Seattle! smileys with beer

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: April 1, 2015 03:14

A troubling statement regarding pre-sales:
American Express® Card Members can purchase tickets before the general public beginning Wednesday, April 8 at 10am local through Sunday, April 12 at 10pm local for select markets.

....."for select markets"?

Here's the full article. [www.gophersports.com]

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: April 1, 2015 03:44

atip
babyblue
shucks any chance Seattle can still happen

Bring on Seattle! smileys with beer

The ever-neglected Pacific Northwest.

I mean, only a whole musical movement started here (Nirvana, etc.)

Seattle deserves better.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: April 1, 2015 03:51

Zip, oh, the cover of Sticky Fingers has a zipper - zip code. I GET IT NOW!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 1, 2015 04:05

Send It To me

Zip, oh, the cover of Sticky Fingers has a zipper - zip code. I GET IT NOW!

Mick Jagger and Keith Richards joined iHeartRadio's Jim Kerr to break the news. "We were re-releasing Sticky Fingers, so were playing around with titles with 'zips' on", Mick Jagger tells Jim Kerr. "And then I thought... each stadium has a zip code, instead of it being quite on the nose with Sticky Fingers, it was a reference to it, to the actual place we're playing... and numbers are always interesting."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-01 04:10 by Irix.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 1, 2015 04:20

Naturalust
flacnvinyl

I think the theme is obviously in support of the SF re-release but also and more importantly... "this may be the last American tour, we're going to do our best to bring the Stones to new locations, play the majority of people's favorite songs and a big thank you for supporting the Stones."

peace

what is the source of your quotation?

plexi

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 1, 2015 04:23

timbernardis
Naturalust
flacnvinyl

peace

plexi

No source, just my "description" of the "tour announcement".

Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: April 1, 2015 04:31

I listened to the hour long iheart broadcast on the Rolling Stones introducing their tour, it had a number of live performances.

[www.kbgo.com] (randomly found this website, it's the same show I heard on the radio).

The show, ICONS.

Oh, beaten to it as usual by a few posts above, Oh well, at least I heard it.

More: [news.radio-online.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-01 04:37 by BroomWagon.

Date: April 1, 2015 04:49

flacnvinyl
timbernardis
Naturalust
flacnvinyl

peace

plexi

No source, just my "description" of the "tour announcement".

I'm also not quoting a specific source, just my own description of the probable general intention of the tour without the obvious Sticky Fingers promotional theme which Jagger referred to.

peace

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 1, 2015 05:05

Rokyfan
Koen
I'd be extremely happy with Bitch, Dead Flowers and Wild Horses in one show. But the whole SF album??? Wow!! Bring it on!!!!
Is there ANY reason to believe they will be playing the whole album?

Wasn't that in the announcement? It may have just been rumors, I didn't listen to the radio show.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 1, 2015 05:13

Koen
Rokyfan
Koen
I'd be extremely happy with Bitch, Dead Flowers and Wild Horses in one show. But the whole SF album??? Wow!! Bring it on!!!!
Is there ANY reason to believe they will be playing the whole album?

Wasn't that in the announcement? It may have just been rumors, I didn't listen to the radio show.

They play 19 songs. It's hard to believe 10 of them would be from one album. Much of SF is quiet and slow-paced. Not sure it would work in a stadium. Let It Bleed might actually work better, if they were ever to do an entire album from start to finish.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-01 05:18 by tatters.

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: April 1, 2015 05:22

This is a quote from the www.utsandiego.com website. I of course have no idea if this is just mere speculation???? It gives no real source for this "possibility" Just thought I'd point it out.

"Because the Stones' upcoming San Diego performance is their only announced West Coast concert on this tour, it is expected ticket demand will be even higher. It is unclear if the Stones will add any more shows at Petco Park if its May 24 concert sells out. But that's certainly a possibility, since the band's next scheduled date is not until May 30 in Columbus, Ohio."

Posted by: jkundl ()
Date: April 1, 2015 06:21

Plan on seeing The Stones in Arlington, TX. Really want to see them at LP Field or Marcus Amphitheater or Heinz Field or Indy. But airfare is expensive atm. I would love to see them up at Heinz Field because I plan on flying Spirit Airlines and they are the only ones out of the three that fly to Pitt. Need some thoughts and suggestions from y'all!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 1, 2015 07:53

I don't see why playing Sticky Fingers in its entirety would be so off base. First off, there's nothing to prevent them from playing it. The average tourist willing to part with those big bucks to see them from 100 yards away usually only knows the fast songs. It starts out with two rockers, and then a song they often play, Wild Horses. Another fairly familiar rocker, a quick run through You Gotta Move and then boom, Bitch. I Got The Blues followed by Sister Morphine could make the crowd restless, but where are they going to go? Then they get Dead Flowers and here's the real opportunity, the magnificient Moonlight Mile, hopefully accompanied by some real strings. Then they can just jam TumblingMeUpSympathyFlash down their throats, encore with Satisfaction, hit the fireworks and slide off in the limos with all that money.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: April 1, 2015 07:58

More Hot Rocks
DREAMTIME
Indianapolis VIP = $995.00 USD

Where did you find that?

http://www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com/at-the-track/rolling-stones-at-ims

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: April 1, 2015 08:01

Indy

CONCERT SUITES

Impress your guests when they enter these luxury suites at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. You and your guests will enjoy spectacular hospitality during The Rolling Stones concert and July 4th festivities.

HULMAN TERRACE SUITES
(40) Silver Concert & Suite Tickets
(10) Hulman Terrace Auto Parking Passes
(4) Host Passes
No View of Concert Stage
$12,500.00 + tax
TOWER TERRACE SUITES
(40) Silver Concert & Suite Tickets
(10) Premier Auto Parking Passes
(4) Host Passes
Limited View of Concert Stage
$14,500.00 + tax
TURN 2 VIP SUITE - 1ST FLOOR ONLY
(15) Silver Concert & Suite Tickets
(6) VIP Suite Auto Parking Passes
(2) Host Passes
No View of Concert Stage
$6,000.00 + tax

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: April 1, 2015 08:06

Justin
Sticky Fingers is obviously the theme. On their website both the tour and resissues have equal billing...the two go hand in hand. No doubt they will devote a small portion of the show to Sticky Fingers by playing whatever song(s) they'll dust off for the occasion.

I know it's a long shot but I'm really hoping they play BROWN SUGAR this time around.

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: April 1, 2015 08:10

schillid
THE ACTUAL ZIP CODES

Petco Park
100 Park Blvd, San Diego, CA 92101

Ohio Stadium
411 Woody Hayes Drive, Columbus, OH 43210

TCF Bank Stadium
420 SE 23rd Ave Minneapolis, MN 55455

AT&T Stadium
1 AT&T Way, Arlington, TX 76011

Bobby Dodd Stadium
150 Bobby Dodd Way, Atlanta, GA 30332

Citrus Bowl Stadium
1610 West Church Street, Orlando, FL 32805

LP Field
1 Titans Way, Nashville, TN 37213

Heinz Field
100 Art Rooney Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15212

Summerfest
200 North Harbor Drive, Milwaukee, WI 53202

Arrowhead Stadium
1 Arrowhead Drive, Kansas City, MO 64129

Carter-Finley Stadium
4600 Trinity Road, Raleigh, NC 27607

Indianapolis Motor Speedway
4790 West 16th Street, Indianapolis, IN 46222

Comerica Park
2100 Woodward Avenue, Detroit, MI 48201

Ralph Wilson Stadium
1 Bills Drive, Orchard Park, NY 14127

G1K 3C1
Le Festival d'ete de Quebec
683 Rue Saint-Joseph E Québec, QC G1K 3C1

I wonder if Mick will say, "HELLLOOOOO 92101!"....'Cause I think he SHOULD! That could be our "Code" that he really reads IORR and is, in effect, saying, "HELLLLOOOOO IORR!" And then, if he pulls his left ear lobe, that will be saying, "HELLO Straycat13"! Watch for it, people!

Posted by: Fullerblindboy69 ()
Date: April 1, 2015 08:17

It's hard to believe that some people are bitching about the name of the tour for christ sake! On a fan club website no less, Unbelievable. Do you people enjoy anything? It's party time you idiots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1028
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home