Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 66
Re: The Rolling Stones ZIP CODE Tour 2015
Posted by: flairville ()
Date: March 31, 2015 23:00

For all these stadium gigs you will get what you need! Just need patience, there'll be drops at every level lots of times. Scalpels will take a bath with these shows.

Posted by: StonesHood ()
Date: March 31, 2015 23:05

tonyc -My guess is it has to do with Noise Ordinances being at 11pm. That's when most shows end on or around 11pm. There is a fine involved for playing after the ordinance . An opening act would have to start much earlier. If the Stones are cranking before 8:30 a 2 1/2 hour show is in the works (including possibly 2-3 more songs if no "Rambler"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-31 23:29 by StonesHood.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 31, 2015 23:13

What about the Pandora presale on day 2? I guess you need a premium account, but perhaps all we need is an access code?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 31, 2015 23:20

flairville

For all these stadium gigs you will get what you need!

From [www.rollingstones.com] :

"The stage design for the stadium shows includes a thrust that extends deep into the audience allowing the Stones to interact directly with their fans. Known for their ground-breaking sets and use of cutting-edge technology, the Stones’ set design will feature video screens and special effects that will enhance the high-octane experience of attending a live Stones’ show."

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: March 31, 2015 23:24

shucks any chance Seattle can still happen

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: March 31, 2015 23:27

I'm sure hoping so as I'd like to make SD and the 27th if it happens. I'm thinking SOMETHING is going to happen in the days after San Diego. It would be very oddto have a 6 day gap after the opener.

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: March 31, 2015 23:32

JN99
I'm sure hoping so as I'd like to make SD and the 27th if it happens. I'm thinking SOMETHING is going to happen in the days after San Diego. It would be very oddto have a 6 day gap after the opener.

They are doing 5 between Orlando and Nashville. Maybe they just want to get off to a relaxed start.

Posted by: eyesoftheworld ()
Date: March 31, 2015 23:33

BluzDude
What about the Pandora presale on day 2? I guess you need a premium account, but perhaps all we need is an access code?

This is an excellent question.
I was wondering the same.

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: March 31, 2015 23:37

flairville
For all these stadium gigs you will get what you need! Just need patience, there'll be drops at every level lots of times. Scalpels will take a bath with these shows.

Agreed. These places will never sell out.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 31, 2015 23:59

Irix
flairville

For all these stadium gigs you will get what you need!

From [www.rollingstones.com] :

"The stage design for the stadium shows includes a thrust that extends deep into the audience allowing the Stones to interact directly with their fans. Known for their ground-breaking sets and use of cutting-edge technology, the Stones’ set design will feature video screens and special effects that will enhance the high-octane experience of attending a live Stones’ show."

It seems to fit the description of the stage they used in 2014 in the European stadiums. Can't really see why they would invest money in a different one for the "secondary" US markets ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: April 1, 2015 00:04

The Stones demand 3 or 4 days off between shows now, its in their contract, and don't want to tour more than 2 months at a time. They have to accommodate 70 y/o former drug addicts who still smoke. Health & stamina is a real issue.

San Diego: Yes, tickets will be on the Padres website, or from a link to that site from AXS.com, which is AEG's ticketing site. Some other shows are on Ticketmaster, but not this one in SD.

It's a great stadium for a concert, but be careful with side-stage seats. Sometimes they screw this up and you cant see the whole band or video screens (Paul McCartney show).

They will have the same mini-stage in the middle of the field they used on last US stadium tour. They walk the catwalk out there and do a few songs mid-concert. It's a nice touch for the field level fans.

Also, parking downtown is tough and expensive. You'll pay. Better to take the trolley or a taxi or just walk. its easy, safe, and great weather.

I still doubt this is the only West Coast show. They will rehearse in LA. The rumor was 18 shows and they only announced 15, so more are in the works.

Also, don't buy your tickets until after I do. I want to go, or all this posting work will have been meaningless. I'm taking my 12 y/o son as it will be his 1st rock concert. (start at the top kid!)

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 1, 2015 00:05

It seems the IndyCar picture from March 14 wasn't a coincidence:

[Twitter.com]

[Twitter.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-01 01:05 by Irix.

Date: April 1, 2015 00:12

Gfmsoccer
The Stones demand 3 or 4 days off between shows now, its in their contract, and don't want to tour more than 2 months at a time....

It's obvious they don't demand 3 or 4 days off between shows since for the most part this tour is full of breaks of 2 days between shows.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 1, 2015 00:13

Cool car...brings to mind pinewood derby. grinning smiley

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: April 1, 2015 00:17

Question about AMEX presales: Of the 9 venues currently listed on Ticketmaster, about 5 indicate AMEX presales will begin April 8. Will the others have presales as well? (For example, Arlington and Milwaukee say nothing about presale tickets.)

Date: April 1, 2015 00:21

JN99
Gfmsoccer
The Stones demand 3 or 4 days off between shows now, its in their contract, and don't want to tour more than 2 months at a time....

It's obvious they don't demand 3 or 4 days off between shows since for the most part this tour is full of breaks of 2 days between shows.

What tour are you looking at? This tour has at least 3 or 4 days off between shows. Because they get what they want at this age. They don't do back to back shows anymore.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: April 1, 2015 00:27

Sorry if this has been said since it's blatantly obvious, but why wasn't this tour called "Just A Zip Away"? smiling smiley

I won't be going to any shows but I'm very stoked for them and those who get to see them. Hope we get a reasonable summer, weather-wise. We've earned it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-01 00:27 by bleedingman.

Date: April 1, 2015 00:36

Gfmsoccer
JN99
Gfmsoccer

What tour are you looking at? This tour has at least 3 or 4 days off between shows. Because they get what they want at this age. They don't do back to back shows anymore.

Um, not sure what you are seeing but days off between shows is only 2 on least 7 occasions. Let's look shall we?

Wed June 3 Minneapolis, MN
2 days between: 4th, 5th
Sat June 6 Arlington, TX
2 days between: 7th, 8th
Tue June 9 Atlanta, GA
2 days between: 10th, 11th
Fri June 12 Orlando, FL
Wed June 17 Nashville, TN
2 days between: 18th, 19th
Sat Jun 20 Pittsburgh, PA
2 days between: 21st, 22nd
Tue June 23 Milwaukee, WI
Sat June 27 Kansas City, MO
Wed July 1 Raleigh, NC
2 days between: 2nd, 3rd
Sat July 4 Indianapolis, IN
Wed July 8 Detroit, MI
2 days between: 9th, 10th
Sat July 11 Buffalo, NY

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-01 01:02 by JN99.

Date: April 1, 2015 00:53

I agree the tour name is not great. I get the Sticky Fingers connection, but its not a memorable one.

I'm guessing the mini-stage set they do mid-show will be Sticky Fingers songs, perhaps 4. They wont do the whole album as Stadium shows have to be a greatest hits show. They'll probably have a fan vote each show for a song also.

Some tickets will be in the $60 to $70 range, but not many. Those will be gone fast. I really don't understand their need to make these tours the most expensive ever. They don't need the money.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 1, 2015 00:56

Gfmsoccer
They will have the same mini-stage in the middle of the field they used on last US stadium tour. They walk the catwalk out there and do a few songs mid-concert. It's a nice touch for the field level fans.

Wait wait.. So you are confirming the bstage where the whole band goes out and plays a few tracks..? Not just a catwalk like the previous tour..?

Date: April 1, 2015 01:01

I never felt like the B stage thing really worked in stadiums. I loved it in the arenas but not so much in stadiums.

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: April 1, 2015 01:04

he's not confirming anything because it's just standard internet noise. the stage will be the one used in japan, europe and down under.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: April 1, 2015 01:09

Gfmsoccer

Not sure why you're speaking authoritatively on this topic when it's clear what you're saying isn't adding up. The last stadium tour in the US was in 2006 and there was a hydraulic stage that moved to the middle of the stadium--thus no one walked the catwalk like you claim. The seating chart for a few of the venues on this tour have been released and match the design they used in Australia last year as Alfonz explained in the previous page:

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-01 01:16 by Justin.

Date: April 1, 2015 01:17

That looks like a nice touch for about .05% of the field level fans

Date: April 1, 2015 01:20

Justin
Gfmsoccer

Not sure why you're speaking authoritatively on this topic when it's clear what you're saying isn't adding up. The last stadium tour in the US was in 2007 and there was a hydraulic stage that moved to the middle of the stadium--thus no one walked the catwalk like you claim. The seating chart for a few of the venues on this tour have been released and match the design they used in Australia last year as Alfonz explained in the previous page:
You guys are so anal, like a math professor. Yes, that stupid little mini-stage with a walkway out to it. That's what they're going to use if the venue has the room. They can go out there and play songs or just go out to say hi.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 1, 2015 01:20

UndercoverLovingcup
That looks like a nice touch for about .05% of the field level fans

Exactly. I get that Mick likes having a runway though.

Date: April 1, 2015 01:21

JN99
Gfmsoccer
JN99
Gfmsoccer

Um, not sure what you are seeing but days off between shows is only 2 on least 7 occasions. Let's look shall we?

Wed June 3 Minneapolis, MN
2 days between: 4th, 5th
Sat June 6 Arlington, TX
2 days between: 7th, 8th
Tue June 9 Atlanta, GA
2 days between: 10th, 11th
Fri June 12 Orlando, FL
Wed June 17 Nashville, TN
2 days between: 18th, 19th
Sat Jun 20 Pittsburgh, PA
2 days between: 21st, 22nd
Tue June 23 Milwaukee, WI
Sat June 27 Kansas City, MO
Wed July 1 Raleigh, NC
2 days between: 2nd, 3rd
Sat July 4 Indianapolis, IN
Wed July 8 Detroit, MI
2 days between: 9th, 10th
Sat July 11 Buffalo, NY
you're math needs work. lets just hope they make it to the end of the tour in one piece.

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: April 1, 2015 01:21

The magic is back smileys with beer

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: April 1, 2015 01:33

alhavu1
flairville

Agreed. These places will never sell out.

You're high (and I mean that nicely) all of these shows will sell out!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-01 01:33 by Woz.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: April 1, 2015 01:36

Gfmsoccer
You guys are so anal, like a math professor. Yes, that stupid little mini-stage with a walkway out to it. That's what they're going to use if the venue has the room. They can go out there and play songs or just go out to say hi.

Er...it's called being factually correct. What you're doing is sloppy misinformation. The platform at the end of the walkway isn't there for the band to play anything, it was used primarily by Mick. Keith and Ronnie only made it out there for barely one song while Charlie and Darryl stayed behind at the main stage. That really isn't the same as them going out there for a "few songs" as you posted earlier.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2006
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home