Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Circus Krone
Posted by: Bluesstone ()
Date: March 28, 2015 15:46

Forgive me if it has been posted before (couldn't find a thread named like it).
This recording of the Circus Krone gig in 2003 is so utterly fantastic! really a top-notch performance, I've been playing it for days..
[www.youtube.com]

Re: Circus Krone
Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: March 28, 2015 15:50

It´s the full SB recording.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 28, 2015 19:30

Here are all messages with the phrase 'Circus Krone' in it: [www.iorr.org] thumbs up

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: March 29, 2015 04:28

It is a good show, I just watched the DVD the other night. Ronnie was awfully quiet and didn't move around much, it was definately Keef's show

Posted by: TE ()
Date: March 29, 2015 17:03

I almost fainted when we got 'Nearness' in there. Much better, honest version, than the Paris DVD one (I think).

TE
Oslo

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: March 29, 2015 18:12

One of the best performance of Jagger
Love the Dvd

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: March 29, 2015 18:40

The Munich arena gig of that tour was very good too. With Love in vain . .

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: March 29, 2015 19:03

Thank you for posting Bluesstone. Fantastic show, I would sell my soul for that setlist. Anyway, they should really play That's How Strong My Love Is again, obviously next time when I am in the audience, the song really suits Mick's range and tone.smoking smiley

Posted by: keefed ()
Date: March 29, 2015 20:43

CousinC
The Munich arena gig of that tour was very good too. With Love in vain . .

What a trilogy it was! Munich! The whole town was Stones town for a week.
Olympiahalle was smoking hot, Nearness Of You for the first time ever, Can't Turn You Loose as encore in Cirkus Krone.
People with whristbands for Krone were the stars in townwinking smiley

Posted by: skl127 ()
Date: April 4, 2015 15:26

Yes, great concert, but why does it go silent in Honky Tonk Women, though, and concert is over, you must be listening to a different version than I am!

Cheers

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: April 14, 2015 18:43

Wow, it's been a few years since this one went down. I picked my spot to make a nice vacation and include Munich as a focal point for those gigs. Through the German ticket website and the RS fan Club I was able to procur tickets for The Circus Krone gig and also get into the Olympiahalle. I was really nervous going through the process online to get the Krone tickets, and was simply elated when I received the confirm.

The week of those 3 gigs Munich was packed with Stones fans and in particular Augustiner Keller biergarten was heavily populated daily with Stones fans from all over the world. Circus Krone just up the street from there making it an ideal place to knock down a litre or two, and get a bite to eat. Never mind that the weather was hot that week, so when the heat is on in Munich its biergarten time! Perfect.

I had last row at the Olympiahalle stage right about 1/3 back. Sight not perfect, but the sound was just dialed in. A sweet spot no doubt, and the guy I went that had never seen the Stones before was knocked out by how good the band sounded. I told him we got lucky and to sit back and enjoy. I thought it was a good gig by standards. Went out afterwards to a Stones friendly bar in Schwabing and drank beer WAAAY to late with other fans.

The Krone though was of course the jewel and the date of the gig we had to go over there and get wrist bands. Part of me was thinking this can't be happening, but sure enough it was all legit and we got the wristbands, and then of course back to celebrate at Augustner Keller. Ran into people from Stones newsgroups that also were able to get tickets. It was like a reunion.

Krone gig that night was one of the better shows I have seen, but the sound out of the gate was not that good from our seast which were kind of center stage left. It got better as things progressed. Certainly, an imaginative setlist that for the fans was a real treat. God it was insanely hot in there! I had to make a few trips to the mens room just to get water, as I was completely soaked through with sweat.

I thought the band really found their groove during Worried About You and then Stray Cat Blues. Keith singing Nearness was so special. Keith with shirt off late in the gig during Can't Turn You Loose, and Mick just let it rip like something from the old days for the encore. As noted above Mick was really up for this entire gig and it wasn't just another show to him . He gave it everything. The stop re-start at the end of Can't Turn You Loose was fantastic. Otis would have been proud!

Wasn't it a Sunday night gig? There was no where to go near by for a much needed beer or two. No matter, what a night!! One of those shows that lived up to the hype.

Posted by: LoveYouLive ()
Date: April 14, 2015 19:43

coffeepotman
It is a good show, I just watched the DVD the other night. Ronnie was awfully quiet and didn't move around much, it was definately Keef's show

I was right on the rail in front of Ronnie for that show. One thing you have to remember was it was a sweltering hot night in Munich. It had to be over 45 degree Celsius inside the venue that night. It also wasn't a big stage to move around on, they were all right on top of each other really.

Date: April 14, 2015 19:49

Very interesting intro on JJF there winking smiley

I only had a shitty audience recording of this show. Thanks for posting thumbs up

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: April 14, 2015 21:54

I remember, how I had been thrilled, listening to worried about you for the first time live that night. That had been my personal highlight.
Listening to the soundboard I realized, how charlie fucktéd it up worst way possible. Also mick sometimes counted in the chorus too late, so the band couldn´t follow. Anyway, best version ever of STRAY CAT BLUES and DANCE.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: April 14, 2015 22:55

The DVD is fantastic. It could be one of the "From The Vault" releases

Date: April 14, 2015 23:01

A fun show, but VERY sloppy.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: April 14, 2015 23:11

Really? I have to watch it again (I saw it 2 or 3 weeks ago for the first time and really like it). The JJF intro is a mess, but other than that it is fine, isn't it? And the JJF intro is no worse than the SMU intro in the Hyde Park and look how good it sounds on the official DVD smiling smiley

Date: April 14, 2015 23:21

Happy24
Really? I have to watch it again (I saw it 2 or 3 weeks ago for the first time and really like it). The JJF intro is a mess, but other than that it is fine, isn't it? And the JJF intro is no worse than the SMU intro in the Hyde Park and look how good it sounds on the official DVD smiling smiley

The WAY solo, TD, Mick's singing etc. There is a lot that becomes evident through the soundboard which I didn't noticed from the old audience recording.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: April 15, 2015 07:25

Yikes...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1478
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home