Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Chuck on new album and tour
Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: July 10, 2005 15:40

From the news page from Chuck Leavell:

BACK ON THE ROAD WITH THE ROLLING STONES
Soon after releasing their first studio CD since 1997, (title yet to be announced), The Rolling Stones will start their latest world tour August 21, 2005 in Boston, MA with, of course, Chuck Leavell handling the pianio and keyboards. Click here for Tour Dates. Click here for Chuck's first-ever Tour Diary.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New CD in Summer 2005
After several intense and richly rewarding recording sessions in Nashville, Chuck finished his latest solo CD, Southscape, which will be released in August 2005. Additionally, Chuck will be heard on upcoming releases by the Rolling Stones (as-yet-untitled), Shemekia Copeland (as-yet-untitled), and John Herman's Just Ain't Right. Chuck also appears on the Rolling Stones' Licks Live, Michael Lee Ferkins' Mood Swing and the last two Richard Ashcroft (formerly of the Verve) solo CDs, Human Conditions and Alone With Everybody.

hmmmm, I thought the Stones learnt from the past....

Re: Chuck on new album and tour
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: July 10, 2005 16:56

I had a hunch on that since it was reported that the Stones had rented some piano from the sixties. We also know that it should be "the four of them" on the entire CD, but of course Chuckie is on some tracks. He's adding the "diamond tiaras" to the songs he's on.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: john r ()
Date: July 10, 2005 19:29

I don't mind if he's adding parts a la Voodoo. Its been said before, but I still find it interesting they didnt bring him in at all for Bridges to Babylon.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: July 11, 2005 06:27

Chuck Leavell? He's useless!They don't need him and I hope he's not on the new album.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 11, 2005 11:26

Chuck Leavell isn't completely useless, and the Stones have always had keyboards. You just wish that you could find someone who really complemented the band. Stu was untouchable on the rock/R&B tracks, and Nicky just added so much to every number he played on. I play some piano, and I listened to Loving Cup the other day --- fantastic.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: July 11, 2005 22:00

One can only speculate why no Mac - an ally for Ron? Too self-effacing? He still drinks? Not into the MD role? He's been the obvious choice since the deaths of Nicky & Stu (& Nitzsche)....Hell, give me Ivan Neville - maybe that would be too many on Keith's 'side'...

Posted by: BrianKeith ()
Date: July 12, 2005 00:05

Chuck is the Man for the bad bad bad "Bigband Sound" of the ROLLING STONES since STEEL WHEELS Tour!!!
Chuck please go Home!!!

Remember "STU" R.I.P.

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: July 12, 2005 01:22

BrianKeith Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Chuck is the Man for the bad bad bad "Bigband
> Sound" of the ROLLING STONES since STEEL WHEELS
> Tour!!!

So he's responsible for arranging a horn section this way? Says who? What nonsense.

> Remember "STU" R.I.P.

Oh, really.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1594
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home