Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Re: Back To Roots New Album (RUMOUR AS OF NOW)
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 12, 2015 00:22

^ Are Stones "insiders" typically in the habit of blabbing away their employers' "secret" plans to showbiz tabloid hack writers? Aren't all "insiders" bound by nondisclosure agreements?

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: April 12, 2015 00:31

Whatever they do - please no Blues album . . !!

Re: New Album
Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: April 12, 2015 01:10

bye bye johnny
The Mirror has posted an "exclusive":

Rolling Stones to meet for secret sessions which could mean their first album in a decade

Mick Jagger and the band will be working through song ideas in a Los Angeles studio and the sessions could lead to the much-anticipated blues album

[www.mirror.co.uk]

Wonder if the writer's "insider" is Media Mass. ;-)

I would think they would have enough on their plate with the tour rehearsals.
Show time is quickly approaching.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 12, 2015 05:40

Keith's record will probably come out with tunes that some will inevitably say would have given the Stones some new life and would have somehow benefited from Jagger's treatment.

One More Shot ... recently covered by Stones plus rumour has it that an
acoustic version will feature on Keith's up-coming solo album .......

ROCKMAN

LA Jam Sessions For New Album/Daily Mirror
Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: April 12, 2015 20:36

Came across this today...

LA Jam Sessions

Re: LA Jam Sessions For New Album/Daily Mirror
Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: April 12, 2015 20:40

...only blues songs?? Boring.

Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: April 12, 2015 20:42

doesn't sound very promising from an insider could be anyone making it up but i think they have rough demos of songs already it's probably just a matter of getting in the studio and laying it all out

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: April 12, 2015 20:46

It's good news!
Let the public pressure get sky high smiling smiley

(Always took candy from strangers)

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 12, 2015 20:50

Blues songs? Hey I know of a great ex-Stones guitarist that has some free time and would probably love to get involved. He specializes in blues and plays a mean slide guitar! grinning smiley

peace

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: April 12, 2015 20:51

Nothing more boring than late Stones doing Blues by numbers . .

Date: April 12, 2015 20:53

Naturalust
Blues songs? Hey I know of a great ex-Stones guitarist that has some free time and would probably love to get involved. He specializes in blues and plays a mean slide guitar! grinning smiley

peace

Wayne Perkins?? cool smiley

Posted by: pepganzo ()

Naturalust

peace

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out right.

Posted by: palerider22 ()

Naturalust

peace

That was my first thought...but let's not hijack the thread!winking smiley

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: April 12, 2015 21:01

KRiffhard

No one can play the blues better than them ( in fact there are numerous guys who play better than them but does it count ?) , and there's that voice made for the blues, the voice of MJ, and the feeling of good ol' Keith for the Blues.
All together I'm sure it will be a treat, if you find the blues boring maybe you should try rap.
If it's a full blues album I go for it eyes closed.

HMN

Posted by: DoctorFreddie ()
Date: April 12, 2015 21:02

Naturalust

peace

Spot on thumbs up

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 12, 2015 21:05

CREATE YOUR OWN RUMOR - it's easy! Just google some remarks from newer interviews, add some old facts, imagine an exclusive insider source, add phantasy + collectives wishes, mix it up with some speculation and some trivial truisms (like – "the always like blues, didn't they?") – and there you are: your very own rumor ready to be spread around (post it on a lot of sites and if you're lucky some journalist picks it up and suddenly you're quoted as a real insider in Rolling Stone magazine…)

Posted by: sandandglue ()
Date: April 12, 2015 21:32

I was gust about to post what slewan said. This sounds like a slapdash set of cobbled together bollocks that the press scour IORR for, 'exclusively reveal from an insider' and then everyone else forgets about within the month. Except us. There is still part of me that would love it to be true though ..

Date: April 12, 2015 21:50

DoctorFreddie
Naturalust

peace

Spot on thumbs up

But that attention hog wants MORE THAN TWO SONGS A NIGHT!!! Rude!... winking smiley

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: April 12, 2015 23:26

First of all : I really hope that they make a new album. Great if they do!

When it will be a blues album : What's not to like? They never really made an album like this. This is THE band who can do this great, I think.

If it's a new (other) album, that is great too!

Also (IF they really are going to do this) the production will sound much better than then Bigger Bang, which sounded not really great. I'm certain the sound will be much better!

New Album. Great!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 12, 2015 23:35

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
DoctorFreddie
Naturalust

peace

Spot on thumbs up

But that attention hog wants MORE THAN TWO SONGS A NIGHT!!! Rude!... winking smiley

And he'll probably want to sing and play some drums in the studio, be turned up in the mix, be paid and get credits! ...raving egomaniac that he is. eye popping smiley

peace

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: April 12, 2015 23:35

I hope that the rumours have a real background. The Stones were always on top when they played the blues. A chance to get old without any embarrassment.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: April 13, 2015 01:38

Come in with the blues and end with them, seems fitting. I hate the rock production The Stones have used since Tattoo You.. It would be real nice to hear them simple and unaffected.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: April 13, 2015 09:32

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 13, 2015 12:07

I doubt this rumor. It is a pie in the sky fan wish. With the recent interviews, and Mick saying he had a lot of songs that would be good for The Stones pretty much casts aside a back to roots album. Unless they are all original blues numbers...? But I doubt it.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 13, 2015 12:57

KRiffhard

35 to 40 minutes of blues based cuts would be refreshing. If of course this is even true.....

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: April 13, 2015 13:24

Maindefender
KRiffhard

35 to 40 minutes of blues based cuts would be refreshing. If of course this is even true.....

A mixture of own compositions and of traditionals, Patton, Johnson, Reed, Waters etc. ... that is my favorite scenario.

Date: April 13, 2015 13:57

RobertJohnson
Maindefender
KRiffhard

A mixture of own compositions and of traditionals, Patton, Johnson, Reed, Waters etc. ... that is my favorite scenario.

thumbs up

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 13, 2015 15:22

RobertJohnson
Maindefender
KRiffhard

hot smileysmileys with beer
Jeroen

Date: April 13, 2015 20:56

DandelionPowderman
RobertJohnson
Maindefender
KRiffhard

thumbs up

thumbs down

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: April 13, 2015 21:49

It was today on Dutch radio! The rumour about a new album from The Stones.
I say it again: let the public pressure to make a new one get high.
If they see the excitement about it .. well.... Maybe they do it!

(Always took candy from strangers)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1888
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home