Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 8 of 12
Re: Back To Roots New Album (RUMOUR AS OF NOW)
Posted by: Shantipole ()
Date: April 2, 2015 20:13

I would prefer them to start releasing more archive stuff more often. There is oodles of it out there.

Re: New Album?
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 2, 2015 21:03

bye bye johnny
Can't speak for the OP, but this thread coincided with a bogus "back to roots" new album story posted by Media Mass.

[en.mediamass.net]

As much as a "back to roots" new record rumor by the Stones is a bit of a vanilla and often used theme concerning this band, I'm hoping Cocaine Eyes actually gleaned this rumor from a reliable source. I believe she was the first to tell us the tour announcement would be on March 31st (thank you), so I wouldn't question the validity of the rumor quite yet. If this and the Massey Hall rumor come true we can only be happy someone has good information and is sharing it. smoking smiley

peace

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: April 2, 2015 21:19

Sadly, the 'album experience' is long gone. CDs will become extinct within a few years.

If they release something, I would not be surprised if it will be a download. I don't even own a CD player, I chucked it out a decade ago. I haven't put anything into my computer's DVD drive in five or more years.

However, there is room for innovation. An album download could also include some form of interactive media to look at album art, lyrics, and credits, etc. Does anybody remember interactive CD-ROMS? Something like that. In fact, wasn't it on Voodoo Lounge where they snuck in a tiny interactive CD-ROM? The Internet killed CD-ROMs. It's a shame in a way because they were pretty cool at the time.

I am not convinced that we will see another album from them though. You just don't have the same 'juice' at 72 as compared to when you were 25. Bit that's okay, there is a great catalog from the boys!

If they could release one last album with the feel of Beggar's Banquet that would be a dream come true. A limited number of songs, a warm natural sound, and high creativity firing on all eight cylinders.

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: April 3, 2015 03:05

Shantipole
I would prefer them to start releasing more archive stuff more often. There is oodles of it out there.

Why?

They are alive and well and are capable of good new music. There will be plenty of time in years to come to release the "archive stuff" that by the way wasn't good enough to make official releases.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 3, 2015 03:41

I wonder if they are doing some strategic thinking. Tour now while they are all still capable and willing, put off a new album until one or more of them can't or doesn't want to tour anymore. Then they can take all the time they want in the studio. Maybe...but probably not.

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: April 3, 2015 05:42

I hope they do a new album and it truly is a roots album. If it's a rocking hard hitting album I'll be satisfied as long as I get a new album. But whatever they do, they need to record it in Analog! Digital recording may be easier to do but it sound so flat and cold, especially for stones music.

Go Dawgs!

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: April 3, 2015 06:08

latebloomer
I wonder if they are doing some strategic thinking.

"that was another thing that we talked about round the table.
we were looking at dates where we could record, but uh
i mean at least it's been talked about.
i hope so, i'd like to get 'em in the studio again."

that's Keith a few days ago. assuming that he talks about their
business meeting in NYC. it seems to be rather difficult for them
to reach conclusive decisions in their meetings. maybe someone
should just set up recording equipment at the rehearsals and
tell them that now the new record is on the schedule.

The Rolling Stones, new Studio Album and Comeback Tour in 2016?
Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: April 10, 2015 19:21

Re: The Rolling Stones, new Studio Album and Comeback Tour in 2016?
Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: April 10, 2015 22:18

"The Rolling Stones are rumoured to be planning a worldwide tour at the end of 2016."

Shouldn't somebody tell them that there are strong rumours about a tour somewhere around the area of the US sometime around 2015?

"Comeback Tour in 2016?"

Now I feel my understanding of a "comeback" has been totaly wrong. Would somebody please help me here?

"Have the Rolling Stones been working on a new album?...UPDATE 10/04/2015 : This story seems to be false."

Wow, what an information. And people are actually making living this way.

Date: April 10, 2015 22:34

Happy24
And people are actually making living this way.

They generate clicks, so they do it right. Journalism is something different.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: April 10, 2015 22:37

Nikkei
Happy24
And people are actually making living this way.

They generate clicks, so they do it right. Journalism is something different.

Does it still exist? I hope so, but it is really rear.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 10, 2015 22:50

I am very encouraged by these false reports...

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 11, 2015 03:05

This particular web site posts endless cookie-cutter stories like this. This particular story appears with the name of dozens of other bands plugged in, and "Brian Jones" replaced by some other appropriate name. Similarly, google the name of the male celebrity of your choice and you'll find this site tells you he's been shopping for a ring and is about to pop the question to his (unnamed) girlfriend. And then at the end of all these stories, they cover themselves by posting "this story appears to be false." That phrase appears no matter when the story's posted.

So, as previously stated--yeah, clickbait.

Date: April 11, 2015 03:16

Aquamarine

Love it when I hear and learn new terms or words on iorr. Especially ones like this which require no explanation or definition. Thx.

peace

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 11, 2015 04:12

Naturalust
Aquamarine

Love it when I hear and learn new terms or words on iorr. Especially ones like this which require no explanation or definition. Thx.

peace

You've already hear of jailbait right?
I gotta look out for you T

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: April 11, 2015 04:50

Date: April 11, 2015 04:58

Munichhilton
Naturalust
Aquamarine

peace

You've already hear of jailbait right?
I gotta look out for you T

Always grateful for anybody looking out for me bro. Thanks and I'll steer clear of both baits. smoking smiley

peace

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: April 11, 2015 15:33

Okay, I have to vent a little.

I love the Stones with all my heart and will stick with them until the bitter end. I hate to complain about them, but all this stuff Mick and Keith have been floating in the media about how they'd like to record new tracks with the Stones is very disingenuous in my opinion.

They both say they'd like to record a new album, but it doesn't get done? It doesn't ring true to me at all. The members of Superheavy surely had scheduling conflicts comparable to the members of the Stones, and Superheavy was able to come together and create something new fairly quickly. I simply cannot believe that the Stones can't do it as well, especially with the advantage of knowing each other for so long and already being warmed up as a live band.

I believe something else is at play behind the scenes. Maybe they're genuinely gauging interest, or maybe they've already gotten something in the can which could explain the lack of unreleased stuff on the SF reissue.

Personally, I think Mick and Keith's falling out has gotten to the point where Mick is unwilling to bring in his solo songs and give Keith automatic co-writing credit. I fear that all this talk about KR and MJ being "interested" in recording new material with the Stones is just stuff for them to say during interviews promoting the new tour. As a great man once said, "talk is cheap."

That is just a guess. I hope I'm wrong and they really have been working on something or will in the near future.

- end rant

Date: April 11, 2015 16:00

jahisnotdead
Maybe they're genuinely gauging interest, or maybe they've already gotten something in the can which could explain the lack of unreleased stuff on the SF reissue.

that's a good point. it does make sense for them to be clandestine about recording. the rumours are there anyway

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: April 11, 2015 16:07

Mick wont spend any time with Keith other than on stage. There will be no new album folks. It is nice to pretend though.

Date: April 11, 2015 16:23

Well, I'd rather delude myself about them still trying to be creative than about the reintegration of Taylor.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: April 11, 2015 16:26

Do the Stones have a recording contract?

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: April 11, 2015 21:29

Nikkei
Well, I'd rather delude myself about them still trying to be creative than about the reintegration of Taylor.

Me too.

(Always took candy from strangers)

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 11, 2015 21:53

Father Ted

Yes 10 years contract:
1 studio Record
5 Super The Lux Editions
1 Best Of
1 Live Recording

Or something like that...........

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: April 11, 2015 22:05

James Kirk
Shantipole

Why?

They are alive and well and are capable of good new music. There will be plenty of time in years to come to release the "archive stuff" that by the way wasn't good enough to make official releases.

Are they capable of making new music? Two or three songs in ten years isn't much evidence to me...bring on the From The Vault series!smiling smiley

Date: April 11, 2015 22:48

Father Ted

Good question! Probably not or they would likely be talking about fulfilling it with a bit more certainty. Pretty sure they have a standing contract with Universal Music Group for distribution if they choose to make a new one. It seems kind of strange that they could actually be considered "unsigned" artists. Although they obviously don't need a record company to develop them or finance new recordings it would sure be a good incentive for them to actually produce something.

peace

Date: April 11, 2015 22:52

jahisnotdead
Personally, I think Mick and Keith's falling out has gotten to the point where Mick is unwilling to bring in his solo songs and give Keith automatic co-writing credit.

Gone are the days when all Mick's songs and all Keith's songs were put into the same machine to be ground into a Rolling Stones stew and perhaps this pre-determination of what is a Stones tune is part of what keeps them from truly continuing to develop. They obviously didn't care what was considered a "Stones" tune when they recorded BB, LIB, SF and Exile.

If Mick thought he had written a truly great rock tune, would he trust the Stones and Keith to record it? My guess is yes he would. But if he thought he has written a pop tune capable of being a hit in the cesspool that has become popular music, I don't doubt he would look for another collaboration to give it wings.

But is isn't a stretch to conclude that two people who don't hang out at all might consider the process of co-writing (and recording) new songs together a bit of a grind. I think they've both found more socially compatible collaborators.

Keith's record will probably come out with tunes that some will inevitably say would have given the Stones some new life and would have somehow benefited from Jagger's treatment. I just hope it has some excellent tunes and am grateful for it's impending release.

peace

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: April 11, 2015 23:02

Yes, 2 songs every 10 years and it's a lot of work.
Keith said about his 3rd solo album he postponed it because they worked hardly these last years. confused smiley 1st 1988, 2nd 1992 and 3rd... twilight zone >grinning smiley<

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: April 11, 2015 23:45

ouroux58
Yes, 2 songs every 10 years and it's a lot of work.
Keith said about his 3rd solo album he postponed it because they worked hardly these last years. confused smiley 1st 1988, 2nd 1992 and 3rd... twilight zone >grinning smiley<

Maybe we'll get a sci-fi psychedelic record out of them.

New Album
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 11, 2015 23:57

The Mirror has posted an "exclusive":

Rolling Stones to meet for secret sessions which could mean their first album in a decade

Mick Jagger and the band will be working through song ideas in a Los Angeles studio and the sessions could lead to the much-anticipated blues album

[www.mirror.co.uk]

Wonder if the writer's "insider" is Media Mass. ;-)

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 8 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1841
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home