Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 12
Re: Back To Roots New Album (RUMOUR AS OF NOW)
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 25, 2015 23:08

Cocaine Eyes
Naturalust
Cocaine Eyes
I can only say that he did the new record with Steve Jordan as usual. More than that would be crossing the line and I'll never do that.

OK?

CE smoking smiley

OK, Would asking about the SF Bay area possibilities be crossing the line? Thanks.

peace

Wouldn't San Diego kinda be 'just a kiss away'? Surely within driving distance, no?

Having said that, and looking at the info I have on Keith's new solo record....let's remember the Stones thing could go well into 2016. Or at least stop and restart in 2016.

Patience please? (I know, it's really difficult!)

smoking smiley

500 miles is a long day in the car but plenty of good surf spots on the way to make it into a several day road trip. Most of us Northern Californians consider Southern California a different country (especially those of us who escaped from So. Cal). The thought of dealing with the LA traffic and megalopolis (again) is enough to give me nightmares. And who wouldn't prefer the Stones coming to them? Next weeks announcement will be soon enough. smiling smiley

peace

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 27, 2015 15:36

I have a dream...this song pubblished on Keef new solo album:

Radical idea for a new album
Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: March 27, 2015 16:22

Why not have the Stones cover songs by more contemporary artists? I believe Rod Stewart has done something similar in the past. Why not? I mean Ronnie knows the One Direction guys. It would open up a whole new audience.

Re: Radical idea for a new album
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 27, 2015 16:23

<<It would open up a whole new audience.>>

And turn off the whole old audience.

Date: March 27, 2015 16:26

Or turn off both the old and the new audience...

Posted by: massmick ()
Date: March 27, 2015 16:32

my one direction will be the parking lot

Date: March 27, 2015 16:33

Wrong direction......

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: March 27, 2015 16:36

There is no point in a new Stones album, since it will not be lucrative, and the Stones play to crowds who love warhorses. There is no sense in recording an Album if there are no plans to play the songs live.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 27, 2015 16:43

I think I threw up a little in my mouth just now.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 27, 2015 17:06

MrThompsonWooft
Why not have the Stones cover songs by more contemporary artists? I believe Rod Stewart has done something similar in the past. Why not? I mean Ronnie knows the One Direction guys. It would open up a whole new audience.

Awful idea thumbs down

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 27, 2015 17:12

How embarrassing...

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: March 27, 2015 17:15

I feeling like crying at the thought.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: March 27, 2015 17:32

MrThompsonWooft

It's an interesting idea but I don't see the Stones as having the slightest interest or the ability to play anything outside of their three chord repertoire. Had they taken some creative risks years ago, maybe it would be possible now to transfer that to a live arena/CD. As it stands, they're clearly just going to continue to play the crowd-pleasers, as they have done since before records began.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 27, 2015 17:34

...this is why I don't like radicals...

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 27, 2015 17:39

MrThompsonWooft

Not radical at all. Pretty standard fare the last few decades. And Mick has such unbelievably horrid taste in music I can't imagine it being the least bit listenable. He can do this for this solo album.

Cover albums are for when a band is contactually obligated to deliver something but Desmond Child isn't returning their calls.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 27, 2015 17:45

Yeah, this is generally the last resort most bands turn to before walking into the grave. Either doing an album of newer stuff, like Rod Stewart, or doing an album of covers from YOUR band with contemporary people. Either one of those options are usually the saddest releases I've ever seen. Let's hope the Stones aren't there yet.

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: March 27, 2015 17:49

There is no need for a radical idea for a new Rolling Stones album. The band would have recorded and released a new Rolling Stones album if they had wanted to do so. But apparently, they don't. It's sad but I've accepted that by now.

Posted by: RomanCandle ()
Date: March 27, 2015 17:51

Don't be fooled by the rocks that I got
I'm still, I'm still Ronnie from the block
Used to have a little, now I have a lot

(this looks like a Stones' show, IMO)

Posted by: ash ()
Date: March 27, 2015 17:55

Sadly a new album is a radical idea.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: March 27, 2015 18:05

Bad idea ...

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: March 27, 2015 18:09

This is the sort of idea that virtually everyone on this board would hate but Jagger would probably be down with.

Posted by: RomanCandle ()
Date: March 27, 2015 18:15

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-27 18:16 by RomanCandle.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: March 27, 2015 18:16

Don't think we will ever see a new album. Mick was disappointed with response to ABB and the general concert audience wants the warhorses. I do hope we might get the occasional new single such as Doom And Gloom/One More Shot and lets hope the quality is as good as Doom And Gloom

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: March 27, 2015 18:21

A new album is a fairly radical idea.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 27, 2015 18:25

Please... NO.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 27, 2015 18:32

Terrifying.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 27, 2015 19:05

I can't even listen to One direction doing their songs.....I guess it's possible that the Stones might improve them but, but, but, but....oh no...I don't think I could bear to even chance listening....ah, ah.....

I think a good covers album would be if Mick, Keith, Ron & Charlie picked two of their favourite non Stones songs from any time and Darryl, Lisa, Bernard and Chuck picked one each........ a 12 song album.............might be interesting

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: March 27, 2015 19:54

exhpart
Don't think we will ever see a new album. Mick was disappointed with response to ABB and the general concert audience wants the warhorses.

A band can shape its audience.
If you're lazy and anxious and mostly play your hits only for years and years - and seldom work creatively and surprise your fans or challenge them. Then you'll get the audience you deserve with the years and these people now only want the big songs again and again.

Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: March 28, 2015 06:24

Can you imagine the Stones and Superheavy working together? I mean think out side the box boys!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 28, 2015 11:53

Hmm... since BV has integrated one 'what about' thread into this one, it looks like that he is not much confirming the rumour here... It doesn't matter; it was nice to fancy with the idea of a new possible album...thumbs up

- Doxa

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1518
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home