Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 12
Re: Back To Roots New Album (RUMOUR AS OF NOW)
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 23, 2015 22:35

Rumors, especially ones about club gigs, are always welcome here, imo. I hope Cocaine Eyes isn't scared off by a single poster questioning the quality of her information. There are plenty more here who appreciate it. Cocaine Eyes, if you are serious about retreating into silence please remember you can always email Bjornulf and have him post your obviously well informed rumors.

peace

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: March 23, 2015 23:40

treaclefingers
GetYerAngie
I think a back to the roots-blues album would be pretty awful (imagine: 12 tracks like "Back of my hand" on one album!. Since Down in the hole on ER the blues-tracks have been lowpoints on the albums. But if back to the roots just means a new album like ABB I sure will look forward to it.

eye popping smiley I don't even know you anymore!

Always thought of Down In The Hole and Back Of My Hand as album highlights.
Still do.

Beside this strange vibes around here...people bashing others for nothing.
Instead of looking forward to a tour pretty much drama about MT...oh,now that's another thread.And story.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: March 24, 2015 01:03

treaclefingers
Dreamer
treaclefingers
stonehearted
treaclefingers
stonehearted
A new tour with a new album--this is actually old news:

Mick Jagger Plans To Tour Again; New Stones Album Ready

[www.rollingstone.com]

That was a great read, but it sounds like Mick isn't too sure about touring in the future.

I guess that depends on how his acting career goes, so we'll just have to wait and see.

if only we could get a real 'performance' out of him. But nothing is free, jack.

I think he's running out of luck...wanna bent?

Well Ned Kelly I'm sure you're on to something!

Hard to figure it out: bit of an enigma...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 24, 2015 01:14

Dreamer
treaclefingers
Dreamer
treaclefingers
stonehearted
treaclefingers
stonehearted

[www.rollingstone.com]

That was a great read, but it sounds like Mick isn't too sure about touring in the future.

I guess that depends on how his acting career goes, so we'll just have to wait and see.

if only we could get a real 'performance' out of him. But nothing is free, jack.

I just asked the man from Elysian Fields and he agrees with you...I don't think it's that difficult to figure out though.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: March 24, 2015 01:29

James Kirk
Every Rolling Stones record released over the last 35 years has claimed they will be "getting back to their roots" that said I'm very excited if the news of a new Stones record is true.
exactly. the press proclaims every new album they do
as the best one since Tattoo You. and building up until
they get to work on the next one the fans wish they'd go
back to their roots. i'm excited and on board for whatever
they manage to put out at this point but i fear if they go
on about this roots-approach too consciously, it might fail
just because of that. if Stripped for instance didn't have
the live cuts, it would be a bit pale. anyway i doubt that
our wishes and speculations here will give their thing a
substantial spin in any direction. the fact that they're
recording again is enough to make my day.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: March 24, 2015 01:59

speaking of spin, there used to be this ominously
oscillating instance which always referred to the
Stones as "Mighty". and didn't it kind of join the
conference when someone made the right guess?

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: March 24, 2015 02:13

Naturalust
Rumors, especially ones about club gigs, are always welcome here, imo. I hope Cocaine Eyes isn't scared off by a single poster questioning the quality of her information. There are plenty more here who appreciate it. Cocaine Eyes, if you are serious about retreating into silence please remember you can always email Bjornulf and have him post your obviously well informed rumors.

peace

I'm not "scared off by a single poster". Rather it's a question of principle. Who wants to be a part of a message board where bullying is acceptable? And that post was a case of bullying no matter how one looks at it.

QUESTION:
Why is that kind of bullying 'acceptable' here? I don't care for it. It's unkind and uncalled for.

OK.........silence for now.........smoking smiley

Date: March 24, 2015 02:42

treaclefingers
Dreamer
treaclefingers
Dreamer
treaclefingers
stonehearted
treaclefingers
stonehearted

[www.rollingstone.com]

I just asked the man from Elysian Fields and he agrees with you...I don't think it's that difficult to figure out though.

Well I think it is: it sounds like a bank job...

Date: March 24, 2015 02:44

Cocaine Eyes
Naturalust

peace

I'm not "scared off by a single poster". Rather it's a question of principle. Who wants to be a part of a message board where bullying is acceptable? And that post was a case of bullying no matter how one looks at it.

QUESTION:
Why is that kind of bullying 'acceptable' here? I don't care for it. It's unkind and uncalled for.

...and bullying doesn't even work particularly well here. You would get 'called out' on your behaviour and booted if it was over the line.

Having said that, if you want to be silent then that's your prerogative, but don't be silent for the sake of keeping the bully at bay!

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: March 24, 2015 02:48

treaclefingers
Cocaine Eyes
Naturalust

peace

QUESTION:

...and bullying doesn't even work particularly well here. You would get 'called out' on your behaviour and booted if it was over the line.

Having said that, if you want to be silent then that's your prerogative, but don't be silent for the sake of keeping the bully at bay!

Very cool response.

BTW: Your conversation with Dreamer is making me feel like a Ruttle!

grinning smiley

Date: March 24, 2015 02:52

Cocaine Eyes
treaclefingers
Cocaine Eyes
Naturalust

peace

QUESTION:

Very cool response.

BTW: Your conversation with Dreamer is making me feel like a Ruttle!

grinning smiley

All you need is cash honey grinning smiley

Date: March 24, 2015 02:55

Dreamer
treaclefingers
Dreamer
treaclefingers
Dreamer
treaclefingers
stonehearted
treaclefingers
stonehearted

[www.rollingstone.com]

Well I think it is: it sounds like a bank job...

Now you're just saying whatever you think fitz...

Car!

Aldo I don't know why "car" just sprang into my mind...maybe the getaway vehicle related to the bank job you speak of?

Posted by: massmick ()
Date: March 24, 2015 02:55

treaclefingers
PaintitBlue
Why the need to dispell an absolutely tantalizing tidbit of info...what is the deal with that anyway? Wether its true or not its great to talk about and hope for...this board is built on rumours, innuendos and a sprinkling of facts... we dont need the rumour police telling us who to believe or debunk...we are all capable of our own reaction to whatever info we read here - regardless of fact, rumour or lies.

Because it makes that person better about themself. Typical 'bully' tactic, belittling someone else, publicly to give oneself an inflated image.

I don't like seeing that.

exactly PIB....CE, dont let crappy people put ya off. Youve got the respect of 99% of this board.
now....about this 'silence and exile' thing...hmmmm, let's see....I think That spells 'alien sex dance' sideways doesnt it?......is this a clue? did i crack the code?eye popping smiley.....we all love you girl!thumbs up

Date: March 24, 2015 03:00

shortfatfanny
treaclefingers
GetYerAngie
I think a back to the roots-blues album would be pretty awful (imagine: 12 tracks like "Back of my hand" on one album!. Since Down in the hole on ER the blues-tracks have been lowpoints on the albums. But if back to the roots just means a new album like ABB I sure will look forward to it.

Still do.

Instead of looking forward to a tour pretty much drama about MT...oh,now that's another thread.And story.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: March 24, 2015 03:00

'back to roots'
They've been saying this about every album since 1983.

Date: March 24, 2015 03:01

shortfatfanny
treaclefingers
GetYerAngie

Still do.

i, as well as many others really liked Back of My Hand...both live and studio....in fact i thought it a highlight

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 24, 2015 03:08

<<'back to roots'
They've been saying this about every album since 1983.
>>

Even though the first 'back to roots' album was Beggars Banquet in 1968. After several misguided explorations of psychedelia and hippie pop, they got back to basics with good, hard-driving rock and R&B. It was at once a look back and a step forward.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: March 24, 2015 03:31

That would be so awesome! Thanks CE, I hope you're right!

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Date: March 24, 2015 03:42

massmick
shortfatfanny
treaclefingers
GetYerAngie

Still do.

i, as well as many others really liked Back of My Hand...both live and studio....in fact i thought it a highlight

I couldn't believe it was jagger playing slide.

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: March 24, 2015 05:22

treaclefingers
massmick
shortfatfanny
treaclefingers
GetYerAngie

Still do.

I couldn't believe it was jagger playing slide.

Neither could Keith

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 24, 2015 07:42

Since Ronnie hasn't squeaked anything...

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 24, 2015 08:01

I'm with Getyerangie on this. Sir Michael grew tired of the blues already in the mid-seventies. It was by then a stale concept. The concept of going back in time is never a fresh one.
Of course you can add the odd bluestrack (or two), but that's another thing. If you want the old Rolling Stones: Listen to the old records.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: March 24, 2015 11:30

why does everyone assume it would be an album full of blues(-covers)?!

There's the return to Mick-and-Keith-together-in-the-bathroom songwriting;
thàt would be 'back to their roots' as well.

There's Bill Wyman on bass, and maybe even Mick Taylor on additional guitars;

There's a possible 'lo-fi' sound (as opposed to the sometimes slightly, sometimes blatantly over-produced albums the last 25 years);

I'm not claiming these are all very likely to happen; I'm just sayin'... there's more then one 'root' the band could return to.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 24, 2015 11:58

RoughJusticeOnYa

I don't think everyone does. Like has been suggested here, any album for the last 35 years or so can be seen as some sort of 'back to the roots'...

It could be that 'back to the roots' is a synonym for 'Stones-by-numbers'...winking smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: March 24, 2015 12:00

Doxa

It could be that 'back to the roots' is a synonym for 'Stones-by-numbers'...winking smiley

- Doxa

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: March 24, 2015 12:04

Stoneage
I'm with Getyerangie on this. Sir Michael grew tired of the blues already in the mid-seventies. It was by then a stale concept. The concept of going back in time is never a fresh one.
Of course you can add the odd bluestrack (or two), but that's another thing. If you want the old Rolling Stones: Listen to the old records.

Yes, that's exactly what I meant. An album of blues-standards done traditionally would be somewhat disappointing IMO. I loved their take on Manish Boy on LYL, though, and still do. I think it matches Muddy.

Date: March 24, 2015 12:08

Original stuff like I Could Have Stood You Up, Back Of My Hand and Evening Gown would be more than welcome, though. A celebration of the music they love so much.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 24, 2015 12:37

Stoneage
Sir Michael grew tired of the blues already in the mid-seventies. It was by then a stale concept. The concept of going back in time is never a fresh one.

But Sir Michael has also shown signs of not being so anti-nostalgic lately. He started digging the old vaults (EXILE, SOME GIRLS); he did that Solomon Burke thing, then a blues gig at Obama's, and he has claimed having made some blues songs with Charlie... Who knows what the old bugger is up to these days...

- Doxa

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: March 24, 2015 14:32

Doxa
Stoneage
Sir Michael grew tired of the blues already in the mid-seventies. It was by then a stale concept. The concept of going back in time is never a fresh one.

But Sir Michael has also shown signs of not being so anti-nostalgic lately. He started digging the old vaults (EXILE, SOME GIRLS); he did that Solomon Burke thing, then a blues gig at Obama's, and he has claimed having made some blues songs with Charlie... Who knows what the old bugger is up to these days...

- Doxa

Not to forget the project with the Red Devils in 1992 - unfortunately never officially released. He never lost his addiction to the blues.

Date: March 24, 2015 14:32

RoughJusticeOnYa

There's the return to Mick-and-Keith-together-in-the-bathroom songwriting;

There's Bill Wyman on bass, and maybe even Mick Taylor on additional guitars;

There's a possible 'lo-fi' sound (as opposed to the sometimes slightly, sometimes blatantly over-produced albums the last 25 years);

I'm not claiming these are all very likely to happen; I'm just sayin'... there's more then one 'root' the band could return to.

Or maybe they'll record it in mono, and then electronically reproduce it in stereo?!

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1374
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home