Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112
Current Page: 12 of 12
Let Ron help with writing if they cut a disc again...
Posted by: DirtyT ()
Date: April 22, 2015 22:01

...Has so many great soulfull songs over the years...besides Talk Is Cheap his Records are by the best. . "Why did ya have to a thing like that for", "If you don't want my love" "Far East man" (with George H.) etc..

Re: Let Ron help with writing if they cut a disc again...
Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: April 22, 2015 22:26

how about let him design the cover too..

Posted by: NEWMAN ()
Date: April 22, 2015 22:36

Please.....NO

Date: April 22, 2015 22:40

why not..

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 22, 2015 22:57

A great idea for alot of reasons.

1. Now that songwriting and publishing are not the biggest income streams, less reason for the Jagger/Richards monopoly to continue.

2. Ronnie theoretically wouldn't be as handcuffed musically if he were playing on his own tunes.

3. The Stones need all the help they can get as far as new music is concerned, imo, and keeping it in house with Ronnie is better than shopping around.

4. He knows Mick and Keith's musical strengths better than anyone and could probably tailor a tune to get the best out of both of them.

peace

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 22, 2015 23:07

<<The Stones need all the help they can get as far as new music is concerned>>

They don't need any help music-wise, as Mick has indicated that he's always writing--the problem is he's just not willing.

If after a full decade they have no plans to record another album, it's pretty safe to assume that their discography is complete.

Not only are there no new plans in the offing, but their producer is doubtful that they'll ever record again: [www.iorr.org]

Let's just be grateful that we can still see them in concert, because in another 10 years we may not have even that.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 22, 2015 23:38

It appears that many bands that have been around for a long time can't write the way they use to, and I think these bands know it. Bands like the Stones and AC/DC perform live songs that are almost all over 20 years old, with the exception of new album releases. I would also put U2 in that category, but I just don't think they realized it yet.

Date: April 22, 2015 23:40

Since 1993 Ronnie has been the best and most consistent songwriter in the Stones. Yeah, why not?

Posted by: 1969Fan ()
Date: April 22, 2015 23:41

stonehearted

They don't need any help music-wise, as Mick has indicated that he's always writing--the problem is he's just not willing.

If after a full decade they have no plans to record another album, it's pretty safe to assume that their discography is complete.

Not only are there no new plans in the offing, but their producer is doubtful that they'll ever record again: [www.iorr.org]

Let's just be grateful that we can still see them in concert, because in another 10 years we may not have even that.
The Stones have nothing to gain by recording a new album. They were hungry during the Beggar's - Exile era, and probably enjoyed the process. So they turned out what is arguably the best string of records ever released by one band.

They are now a touring, not a recording, band. And if there is no incentive to write, what is there to motivate them? It's not hard to figure if you lock Mick & Keith in a room and don't let them out until they have an album full of new material, that the material will be mediocre at best.

We should be grateful we can listen to their music in formats that are superior to those we listened to 40-50 years ago, and on better playback systems than what we had back in the day. Ever sit down recently and listen to Beggar's or Let It Bleed on an SACD or new LP? On a high quality system? And for those who have 1) boatloads of disposable income, connections, or plain dumb luck, we can always watch our band play these iconic treasures live. Life is good. Let them enjoy the ride on the downside of their arc without expecting them to give us something they already gave us several decades ago.

Date: April 23, 2015 00:22

1969Fan
stonehearted

The Stones have nothing to gain by recording a new album. They were hungry during the Beggar's - Exile era, and probably enjoyed the process. So they turned out what is arguably the best string of records ever released by one band.

They are now a touring, not a recording, band. And if there is no incentive to write, what is there to motivate them? It's not hard to figure if you lock Mick & Keith in a room and don't let them out until they have an album full of new material, that the material will be mediocre at best.

We should be grateful we can listen to their music in formats that are superior to those we listened to 40-50 years ago, and on better playback systems than what we had back in the day. Ever sit down recently and listen to Beggar's or Let It Bleed on an SACD or new LP? On a high quality system? And for those who have 1) boatloads of disposable income, connections, or plain dumb luck, we can always watch our band play these iconic treasures live. Life is good. Let them enjoy the ride on the downside of their arc without expecting them to give us something they already gave us several decades ago.

But they say they're writing all the time. It's more like there is no incentives to RELEASE anything, as the muse is still there to write.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 23, 2015 00:28

They aren't making another album. No worries.

Date: April 23, 2015 00:32

I bet Ronnie Wood has a BUNCH of tunes ..

Date: April 23, 2015 00:45

<<But they say they're writing all the time. It's more like there is no incentives to RELEASE anything>>

They can't release what they have no incentive to record. smiling smiley

Date: April 23, 2015 00:57

stonehearted
<<But they say they're writing all the time. It's more like there is no incentives to RELEASE anything>>

Mick has recorded his stuff. Maybe they have no incentives to ADD to it? winking smiley

Date: April 23, 2015 01:50

DandelionPowderman
stonehearted

Mick has recorded his stuff. Maybe they have no incentives to ADD to it? winking smiley

I'm sure they would gladly add to Mick's demos--if only Mick had the incentive to present them to the band. smiling smiley

Re: New Album & Some Ideas (Thoughts & Hopes)
Date: April 30, 2015 18:37

CE!you told me that the guys were on a new album, the rumor ended ?confused smiley

thanksgrinning smiley

BsAs.Stones

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: April 30, 2015 18:56

The rumour as such didn't end, but at the moment the band still is all over the place i.e. not in recording sessions.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: April 30, 2015 19:11

What do you think about this 'new' album produced by Chris Kimsey?

1. Fiji Jim
2. You got it made
3. Stop that/Chainsaw rocker
4. Not the way to go
5. I need you
6. Misty Roads
7. Tried To Talk Her Into It
8. Lonely at the top
9. Eliza
10. Dancing girls
11. She never listen to me
12. What's the matter

Date: April 30, 2015 19:42

I like, but I prefer unreleased songs, I do not care if they are not great songs.sad smiley

thanks

Bs.As.Stones

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 1, 2015 03:28

KRiffhard
What do you think about this 'new' album produced by Chris Kimsey?

1. Fiji Jim
2. You got it made
3. Stop that/Chainsaw rocker
4. Not the way to go
5. I need you
6. Misty Roads
7. Tried To Talk Her Into It
8. Lonely at the top
9. Eliza
10. Dancing girls
11. She never listen to me
12. What's the matter

I guess I'd be asking where Save Me/Criss Cross Mind and Munich Hilton were?

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: May 4, 2015 03:05

The old Studio Mobile is almost ready!

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: May 4, 2015 04:21

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 4, 2015 04:32

It was made clear back in 2005 in the Billboard issue on A BIGGER BANG that that album was to be their last LP.

I guess hardly anyone read it.

Posted by: Bsebastian ()
Date: May 4, 2015 10:52

They should do a covers album. Their songwriting skills are shot but they can still groove.

Posted by: Bluesstone ()
Date: May 16, 2015 22:17

As this is one of the most exciting things about speculating about the Stones right now, and with the upcoming special announcememnt on monday ( which of course, could about anything else related to the tour or not) I don't wanna let this thread die a slow death.

Earlier this year I opened a thread asking about the likelihood of a new album being in the works and while the tour and the Sticky Finger Issue clearly are the focus of current activity right now, I still think that some Keith/Mick activity over the past months is not out of the question. This does not mean, that definite band recordings need to have taken place, but just some 'bilateral' talks, early recordings, communication maybe (who knew in 2004 that Keith was in Micks chalet to work on songs..?).

I still think that it is plausible to assume that they were in a good groove of playing and talking after the shows in Australia ended, that it woul make sense to use a gap in between legs to get together and see what each one had accumulated, and it would also be a good bridge to promote (and quite literally sell) any other activity after this summer. Then, this thread came along and I still am very excited about the possibility and hope we will hear something soon smiling smiley As I alsways said, if not, well, we do have some really good stuff to listen to from the past 50+ years winking smiley

Posted by: Bluesstone ()
Date: July 10, 2015 21:41

hmm.. given the fact that Keith would not put out his Solo Record in a time when the Stones are working, I guess the chances of a new Stones Album might have dropped a bit? This is especially true, if he indeed goes out to do some "roadwork" as he puts it. There will undoubtedly be some heavy publicity and respective media appereances at least in September. If Keith goes out to Tour in the fall and the Stones decide to play South America at the beginning of next year, this reduces the chances of him getting together with Mick to work on Songs between this summer and next spring.

Unless, of course, if he doesn't tour or just plays some gigs, maybe in New York or the East Coast, to promote his solo record and then goes back to Stones work. The only project Mick is working on (apart from the Stones) is, to my knowledge, the TV Show with Scorsese. Both Keith and Mick have talked about their desire to make another Stones record and their current relationship seems to be quite good, so there is some hope. Also I do think that Mick doesn't like the fact that it has been 10 years since ABB..

Nevertheless I think the release of Keith's solo work is not a good sign when it comes to our hopes for a soon-to-be made Stones record..

What do you think?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 10, 2015 21:48

Bluesstone
Nevertheless I think the release of Keith's solo work is not a good sign when it comes to our hopes for a soon-to-be made Stones record..

What do you think?

I think I'd rather have a Keith record than a Stones record right now actually.eye popping smiley

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: July 10, 2015 21:57

Bluesstone
hmm.. given the fact that Keith would not put out his Solo Record in a time when the Stones are working, I guess the chances of a new Stones Album might have dropped a bit? This is especially true, if he indeed goes out to do some "roadwork" as he puts it. There will undoubtedly be some heavy publicity and respective media appereances at least in September. If Keith goes out to Tour in the fall and the Stones decide to play South America at the beginning of next year, this reduces the chances of him getting together with Mick to work on Songs between this summer and next spring.

Unless, of course, if he doesn't tour or just plays some gigs, maybe in New York or the East Coast, to promote his solo record and then goes back to Stones work. The only project Mick is working on (apart from the Stones) is, to my knowledge, the TV Show with Scorsese. Both Keith and Mick have talked about their desire to make another Stones record and their current relationship seems to be quite good, so there is some hope. Also I do think that Mick doesn't like the fact that it has been 10 years since ABB..

What do you think?

No. When he tours seven or ten show that would be it I think. But it depends on which month he would do that if he would do that (haven't heard anything yet). When he starts late August and is ready by the end of September or something they would have time to record a RS album instead of touring SA.
Steel Wheels was done in six weeks or so so they could be home before the holidays and present the album when going to SA. But again: I haven't heard anything yet from my source about cancelling SA and a yes or no tour of the EW.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: July 10, 2015 22:21

a new keith album is the closest we've come to a new, good stones album in 30 years. no reason to expect that to be any different. we should all be super excited about crosseyed heart!!!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112
Current Page: 12 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1901
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home