Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 12
New Album & Some Ideas (Thoughts & Hopes)
Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: March 23, 2015 02:34

We're going to be hearing that they are/have been working on a new album prior to the 2015 tour.

Now, please consider this to be nothing but a RUMOUR

ETA: Not so much of a RUMOUR right now!

We'll know soon enough if it's true.

As of today, the announcement date is still 31st March, 2015.

CE smoking smiley

***It's looking like it's MORE than a RUMOUR as of now***

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-23 06:45 by bv.

cool smileyRe: Back To Roots New Album (RUMOUR AS OF NOW)
Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: March 23, 2015 02:44

Well all right!!!!
Thanks for some great piece of news! I mean, rumour!
You ROCK!

Re: Back To Roots New Album (RUMOUR AS OF NOW)
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 23, 2015 02:47

Wow, that would be cool...hopefully in addition to the Sticky Fingers Deluxe, meaning I hope the 'back to roots' album isn't the second disc in the deluxe package!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 23, 2015 02:49

Cocaine Eyes
We're going to be hearing that they are/have been working on a "back to their roots" album prior to the 2015 tour.

That would be awesome, let's hope it happens. Thanks for the info. thumbs up

Date: March 23, 2015 02:53

Cristiano Radtke
Cocaine Eyes
We're going to be hearing that they are/have been working on a "back to their roots" album prior to the 2015 tour.

That would be awesome, let's hope it happens. Thanks for the info. thumbs up

It is awesome...it's what a lot of people have been asking for, for a very long time!

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: March 23, 2015 03:02

It'll NEVER happen...............................

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: Caliblues ()
Date: March 23, 2015 03:14

That would be so cool, CE! March 31st is my birthday. Pittsburgh will be my 50th show and my daughter's 1st. Anything Stones at this point is a bonus blessing! I hope everyone can savour it all. Nothing's perfect, but something's better than not. One more Stones run or just the next of many more...Thank God!

Date: March 23, 2015 03:32

stonesstein

That's the spirit!

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: March 23, 2015 03:48

With today's technology they can record a 10-12 song album in less than a month including mixing and final release on digital sites, sadly it seems that they don't care at all, since 2005 the whole band has spent 3 days on the studio for the Grrr album, that's it.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 23, 2015 03:56

Interesting indeed and I would welcome it! I don't like it that kind of represents a full circle for them, which insinuates the end, which of course may be true but is still a sad thought.

Wondering if they are basically writing new stuff apart and plan to bring their "roots" based songs together at a later time, are pulling from their vault of older penned rootsy stuff and/or are going to include covers of their influences.
Let it Bleed was was rootsy record, hope they can pull one off like that grinning smiley but I'm guessing roots to them probably means Little Walter, Chuck Berry, Muddy Waters.

peace

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: March 23, 2015 04:13

That type of project would for them be fun, and not terribly demanding .. And would include some guests too I would think. A back to the roots could bring on some really cool collaboration.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: March 23, 2015 04:24

I can remember suggesting this on this site years ago and was quickly shot down. They could record something in the spirit of their first 5 albums. Coming full circle.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: March 23, 2015 04:35

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-28 14:51 by camper88.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 23, 2015 05:01

Please let it be true. smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: March 23, 2015 08:31

This would be great news if true. All they have to do is keep it simple (no over thinking or over producing) and it would sound fantastic in my opinion. I keep my fingers crossed.

Date: March 23, 2015 08:36

Cocaine Eyes

Now, please consider this to be nothing but a RUMOUR.

As of today, the announcement date is still 31st March, 2015. Perhaps we'll know something at that time. Let's hope so..........smiling smiley

CE smoking smiley

That's what I've been dreaming of. Thanks a lot!

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: March 23, 2015 10:12

stonesstein

Why should they do that if they have tremendous success playing their golden oldies greatest hits show?

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: March 23, 2015 10:46

A new greatest hits tour do not move me anymore;

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: March 23, 2015 11:45

camper88
Naturalust
I don't like it that kind of represents a full circle for them, which insinuates the end, which of course may be true but is still a sad thought.

peace

Not the end at all; the end is a duets album. And we've got a Christmas album, American Standards album, and an Oratorio to go before we even to the duets.

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

C

Date: March 23, 2015 11:47

By the way, rumors said that the "duets album" is already in the can ...

Looking forward to the Christmas album, American Standards album, and an Oratorio!

C

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 23, 2015 12:05

DandelionPowderman
Cocaine Eyes

As of today, the announcement date is still 31st March, 2015. Perhaps we'll know something at that time. Let's hope so..........smiling smiley

CE smoking smiley

It wont happen.
Jeroen

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 23, 2015 12:08

camper88

Not the end at all; the end is a duets album. And we've got a Christmas album, American Standards album, and an Oratorio to go before we even to the duets.

Dylan is on his way to get there...grinning smiley

But but... wonderful news if true (the Stones back to roots album I mean...). This is a kind of thing many hardcore fans here at IORR have wished them to do for a long time.

In a way that sounds possible, if even logical. Like mentioned here, in today's technology, it isn't such a big thing timeschedulewise. They could do it like they did STRIPPED back in the 90's, by just spending a couple of days at studio, and playing live there. Or (a worse scenario) they could do it like they did Dylan track a couple of years ago, each contributing their thing 'at home'. Plus if they are up to originals, there are those supposed Jagger/Watts blues tunes already in the can. Just circulate them to others to add their contribution. Keith most likely have also some rootsy stuff hidden somewhere.

Lastly, some humour: After kicking out Taylor, and being shocked by the angry response all over the Stonesworld that they are going to tour STICKY FINGERS without him, Jagger & co panicked, and were forced to change their plans. 'Shit, we need to postpone the tour announcement. We need another product to promote, and forget this STICKY FINGERS thing', calculated Jagger in his mind, and off to the phone he go: "Keef, let's quickly record some old blues standards we once did - you remember, when we were very small, with Brian and stuff - and let's release them to make people to forget this Taylor fiasco and put their minds elsewhere." "Yeah, Mick, sounds a good plan"...tongue sticking out smiley

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-23 12:12 by Doxa.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: March 23, 2015 12:25

treaclefingers
stonesstein

That's the spirit!

Done deal.

Date: March 23, 2015 12:26

corriecas
DandelionPowderman
Cocaine Eyes

CE smoking smiley

It wont happen.
Jeroen

Why would a long time Stones employee pass these news if there wasn't any hold in it?

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 23, 2015 12:32

georgelicks
With today's technology they can record a 10-12 song album in less than a month including mixing and final release on digital sites, sadly it seems that they don't care at all, since 2005 the whole band has spent 3 days on the studio for the Grrr album, that's it.

in the sixties they were able to record and release an album within a few weeks. Most records were recorded in just one or two days. I guess it was the Beatles who were the first to stay (and work) in the studio much longer

Date: March 23, 2015 12:32

Doxa

Lastly, some humour: After kicking out Taylor, and being shocked by the angry response all over the Stonesworld that they are going to tour STICKY FINGERS without him, Jagger & co panicked, and were forced to change their plans. 'Shit, we need to postpone the tour announcement. We need another product to promote, and forget this STICKY FINGERS thing', calculated Jagger in his mind, and off to the phone he go: "Keef, let's quickly record some old blues standards we once did - you remember, when we were very small, with Brian and stuff - and let's release them to make people to forget this Taylor fiasco and put their minds elsewhere." "Yeah, Mick, sounds a good plan"...tongue sticking out smiley

- Doxa

Andreotti a (in)famous Italian politician allegedly once said "ill thinking is a sin, but often you are right!"

C

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 23, 2015 12:45

DandelionPowderman
corriecas
DandelionPowderman
Cocaine Eyes

CE smoking smiley

It wont happen.
Jeroen

Why would a long time Stones employee pass these news if there wasn't any hold in it?

An ex-employee I believe and still friends with Jane Rose apparently, which should provide her with good info of course, but when's the last time "Cocaine Eyes" provided any useful/"real" info? Other than the silly "people they are going to play a club show in Paris try to get a ticket" before the Trabendo, "people they are going to play a club show in LA, try to get a ticket" before the Echoplex, or "I know where that picture was taken" (when they rehearsed for the "second" Australian tour in 2014)...oh and I think she'd "announced" a club show in Chicago in 2013 too! Having said that I'd love to be wrong about that new "scoop" she's giving us...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-23 13:20 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: March 23, 2015 13:14

Cocaine Eyes

CE smoking smiley

Hey you've been away for months and now you're posting again with a very exciting newsflash/rumour on your seventh day: you're a oneweekwonder! grinning smiley
I hope this comes from your regular newsdealer smoking smiley if that's the case I don't doubt it for a second.
If it's from another source I wait a couple of hours until smoke comes from Camp X-Ray... drinking smiley

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: March 23, 2015 13:19

Sometimes rumours come true since they are floating around the world ...

Date: March 23, 2015 13:44

gotdablouse
DandelionPowderman
corriecas
DandelionPowderman
Cocaine Eyes

CE smoking smiley

It wont happen.
Jeroen

An ex-employee I believe and still friends with Jane Rose apparently, which should provide her with good info of course, but when's the last time "Cocaine Eyes" provided any useful/"real" info? Other than the silly "people they are going to play a club show in Paris try to get a ticket" before the Trabendo, "people they are going to play a club show in LA, try to get a ticket" before the Echoplex, or "I know where that picture was taken" (when they rehearsed for the "second" Australian tour in 2014)...oh and I think she'd "announced" a club show in Chicago in 2013 too! Having said that I'd love to be wrong about that new "scoop" she's giving us...

Without discussing individuals here, I'll say that you have a point.

I really hope this is true, though, as I have heard this before, albeit earlier on when they were touring a different continent...

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1813
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home