Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Just A Kiss Away Contest
Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: March 21, 2015 00:37

Just entered the Just A Kiss Away contest. I can't wait for my free trip to Detroit! ....or Buffalo......or Columbus......or Milwaukee. Yeeeee - Hawwww!winking smiley

Re: Just A Kiss Away Contest
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 21, 2015 02:30

It's for Indianapolis.

And I already reserved the winning entry.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: March 21, 2015 02:31

MisterDDDD
It's for Indianapolis.

Heck me too, now we have to sit together... winking smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 21, 2015 06:10

DoomandGloom
MisterDDDD
It's for Indianapolis.

How did I already know you were the type to "sit" at a Stones concert.. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: March 21, 2015 06:42

MisterDDDD
DoomandGloom
MisterDDDD
It's for Indianapolis.

How did I already know you were the type to "sit" at a Stones concert.. >grinning smiley<
Burp...

Posted by: ifyacantrockme ()
Date: March 22, 2015 01:18

the grand prize does not state there are any concert tickets involved. i read the rules and only state 2 tickets for transportation, 2 nights at a hotel and a videographer while record the announcement, potentially used for the future.

are we guaranteed any concert tickets for this contest because it's definitely not listed.

thanks!

Posted by: UnpurePurist ()
Date: March 22, 2015 01:20

It's only open to US residents, right?

Posted by: ifyacantrockme ()
Date: March 22, 2015 02:28

yes, only U.S. residents.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: March 22, 2015 06:21

ifyacantrockme
yes, only U.S. residents.

And Canadian residents!

Posted by: chrisvw ()
Date: April 28, 2015 21:09

does anyone know what happened with this contest?

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 29, 2015 06:06

chrisvw
does anyone know what happened with this contest?

Yeah. We gave them our names and dates of birth and they opened fraudulent credit card accounts in all our names.

Date: April 29, 2015 06:19

Entered over a month ago and haven't gotten any emails so I guess I didn't win. Did anyone win?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 14, 2015 06:47

bump.

Anybody heard of a winner yet?

peace

Posted by: StonesHood ()
Date: June 6, 2015 00:03

So who won the contest?

Date: June 6, 2015 00:10

StonesHood
So who won the contest?

Matt Clifford apparently.

peace

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: June 6, 2015 06:44

Naturalust
StonesHood
So who won the contest?

peace

Didn't he already win last year?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 6, 2015 07:02

mighty stork
Naturalust
StonesHood
So who won the contest?

peace

lol!>grinning smiley<

Date: June 6, 2015 07:50

Cristiano Radtke
mighty stork
Naturalust
StonesHood
So who won the contest?

peace

lol!>grinning smiley<

Guess he must have friends in high places....

peace

Date: July 18, 2015 18:54

OK now that the tour is over and we know Megan Wood won this contest, did anyone actually hear her announce any of the shows? Did I miss something?

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: July 18, 2015 19:00

Naturalust
OK now that the tour is over and we know Megan Wood won this contest, did anyone actually hear her announce any of the shows? Did I miss something?
There was a highly suspicious delay at the opening of the Indy show between "Ladies and Gentleman" and "The Rolling Stones" My guess is she got cold feet.

Date: July 18, 2015 19:07

mnewman505
Naturalust
There was a highly suspicious delay at the opening of the Indy show between "Ladies and Gentleman" and "The Rolling Stones" My guess is she got cold feet.

I thought they were pre-recording the announcement? Maybe they had technical problems trying to plat it back or something.

It would be nice to get the story one of these days in any case.

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: July 18, 2015 19:31

mnewman505
Naturalust

The pause was speculated on in this thread:

[www.iorr.org]

Olly.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: July 18, 2015 19:40

mnewman505
Naturalust

That's okay. I'm sure she'll get it right next time. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: July 18, 2015 20:11

mnewman505
Naturalust

Wasn't it Matt Clifford saying the whole thing in Indy with the odd pause? I don't remember hearing a woman's voice at all.

Date: July 18, 2015 20:16

Amy340
mnewman505
Naturalust

Wasn't it Matt Clifford saying the whole thing in Indy with the odd pause? I don't remember hearing a woman's voice at all.

Have a look at this clip:

[www.youtube.com]

It sounds to me as if a woman's voice makes the 'sss' sound during the pause.

Olly.

Date: July 18, 2015 20:32

Olly
Amy340
mnewman505
Naturalust

Have a look at this clip:

[www.youtube.com]

It sounds to me as if a woman's voice makes the 'sss' sound during the pause.

I would have thought the winner would do the "Ladies and Gentleman" part too, I mean that's half of the introduction. I just can't imagine the only part they would have her do is "The Rolling Stones".

Date: July 18, 2015 22:43

Naturalust

I would have thought the winner would do the "Ladies and Gentleman" part too, I mean that's half of the introduction. I just can't imagine the only part they would have her do is "The Rolling Stones".

Perhaps if the contest winner was nervous she only wanted to say the name of the band, and agreed to split the duties with Mr Clifford.

Olly.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 18, 2015 23:00

Perhaps Matt Clifford forgot, started the announcement, realized his error but the contest winner waved him on.
It's too bad she's not on iorr to explain!

Date: July 18, 2015 23:21

with sssoul
Perhaps Matt Clifford forgot, started the announcement, realized his error but the contest winner waved him on.
It's too bad she's not on iorr to explain!

That sounds probable...Maybe someone can find her on Facebook or something and get a proper explanation. I seems to me most fans would love the opportunity to do an introduction.

What I'm still confused about is they said the announcement would be recorded and played back, I can't imagine someone couldn't get it right in the studio and how hard could it be for a bunch of audio pros to get it to playback on time?

Maybe she didn't like the sound of her voice or I guess it's possible she just backed out of the whole thing, concert included? Couldn't make it cause she had a U2 concert to go to or something. winking smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 3, 2015 14:02

Now that the IEM Matrix is out that theory was indeed correct, it sounds like she was just overcome by emotion, muttered a "shhhh" and Clifford had to fill in for her ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2048
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home