Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
OT: Petition to stop Kanye West from headlining Glastonbury
Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: March 19, 2015 19:18

Over 50,000 people have now signed petition to stop Kanye West from headlining Glastonbury

Seems that he's not the draw some thought he was.Maybe they're hoping Paul will be with him.

[www.nme.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-21 20:42 by bv.

Re: OT: Over 50,000 people have now signed petition to stop Kanye West from headlining Glastonbury
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 19, 2015 19:39

Where do I sign?

peace

Re: OT: Over 50,000 people have now signed petition to stop Kanye West from headlining Glastonbury
Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: March 19, 2015 19:42

On what grounds? Because he's an obnoxious, arrogant SOB?
This is a joke, right?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 19, 2015 19:45

Can you keep him out of the UK entirely?

Date: March 19, 2015 19:47

stupidguy2

All 3 excellent reasons...not sure it's fair though.

Lucky life isn't fair he wouldn't be able to use that as an excuse.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: March 19, 2015 19:47

62,714 and counting.

[www.change.org]

Posted by: dougingb ()
Date: March 19, 2015 19:52

I signed it and I don't even live in the UK!! smiling smiley

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: March 19, 2015 19:53

You've all made my day!

The thought of Kim Kardashian anywhere near Glastonbury makes me ill.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 19, 2015 19:53

stupidguy2
This is a joke, right?
I'm not a huge fan of Kanye, but I fail to see how his arrogance is any worse than a multitude of other rock, rap and pop stars of the past.

In fact, being arrogant is part and parcel of musical stardom, going back to Frank Sinatra. Kanye has never even broken the law or been arrested.

Again: I think he acts like a jackass, but he's certainly talented and popular enough to headline a music festival.

Posted by: RomanCandle ()
Date: March 19, 2015 19:56

"An insult to music fans" eye rolling smiley

Date: March 19, 2015 20:00

keefriff99
stupidguy2
This is a joke, right?
I'm not a huge fan of Kanye, but I fail to see how his arrogance is any worse than a multitude of other rock, rap and pop stars of the past.

In fact, being arrogant is part and parcel of musical stardom, going back to Frank Sinatra. Kanye has never even broken the law or been arrested.

Again: I think he acts like a jackass, but he's certainly talented and popular enough to headline a music festival.

Exactly.
It's hilarious isn't it?
Imagine a musical artist being arrogant? Obnoxious? Irreverent toward other artists? It's a fine punk tradition. And what about the Stones, especially Mick.. they turned that into an art form. And Sinatra!
He sneered at people in his wake.

It's fine to not like his music or personality - I get that.
But do music fans realize how absurd they seem when they clutch their pearls in horror at someone's cockiness?
Unbelievable.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-19 20:01 by stupidguy2.

Posted by: Boognish ()
Date: March 19, 2015 20:03

This is so ridiculous. If you don't like who's playing then don't go. You can't satisfy everyone 100% of the time.

Date: March 19, 2015 20:05

duplicate post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-19 20:06 by stupidguy2.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: March 19, 2015 20:06

People buy tickets to Glasto without knowing who's playing so it's a gamble. The petition will never be taken seriously because anyone can sign. I don't care for him but he'll probably do quite well with the younger audience members.

Date: March 19, 2015 20:39

bleedingman
People buy tickets to Glasto without knowing who's playing so it's a gamble. The petition will never be taken seriously because anyone can sign. I don't care for him but he'll probably do quite well with the younger audience members.

True. This morning, I was watching Dolly Parton at Glastonbury 14....
The whole point of the festival, in my understanding, is diversity.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: March 19, 2015 20:49

I signed it.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: March 19, 2015 20:51

damn that is funny though,a petition for someone to NOT play.i've never even heard of such a thing,and 50,000 people signed it?

Date: March 19, 2015 20:53

stupidguy2
keefriff99
stupidguy2
This is a joke, right?

Exactly.
It's hilarious isn't it?
Imagine a musical artist being arrogant? Obnoxious? Irreverent toward other artists? It's a fine punk tradition. And what about the Stones, especially Mick.. they turned that into an art form. And Sinatra!
He sneered at people in his wake.

It's fine to not like his music or personality - I get that.
But do music fans realize how absurd they seem when they clutch their pearls in horror at someone's cockiness?
Unbelievable.

Doesn't anyone see the levity in this? It's so absurd it's funny.

On the other hand, I think there is a difference between Sinatra/Jagger and their 'cockiness' vs. Kanye.

Kanye comes across like a buffoon, just like Justin Bieber...and while I personally don't like their music, it really has absolutely nothing to do with their music.

They want to be cool so they try hard, too hard. They just don't exude cool, so you can't take them seriously. And every time they try, they're irritating.

Anyway, that's just one man's read on it...so they shouldn't ban him, but isn't it kind of funny the vitriol he's able to inspire?

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 19, 2015 21:12

bleedingman

Pretty much true for the concept of an internet petition generally.

the way it works is they sign people who can sell tickets. That's the petition that counts. Anybody not buying a ticket (including me), who would care what they think?

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 19, 2015 21:14

treaclefingers
[

They just don't exude cool, so you can't take them seriously.

But how come people, seemingly, are taking him so seriously? Not that people are signing petitions like that (hilarious), but every time name Kanye West is mentioned here (why?) some sort of lynching party is taken place here at IORR. Isn't him - and Bieber - something the kids like? But seemingly he gets under so many many people's skins... I guess more the people hate him, or want him banned or something, that might have some sort of effect on his public status and popularity among his fans? Most likely it just works for him...

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-19 21:16 by Doxa.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 19, 2015 21:14

stonesrule
You've all made my day!

The thought of Kim Kardashian anywhere near Glastonbury makes me ill.

Don't be silly...she signed the damn thing 5th

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: March 19, 2015 21:31

For all the arrogence that a Rockstar has, I have never seen one jump out of their seat at a award show, run up to the stage, grab the award out of a winners hand, and with all seriousness say it belongs to someone else...

Date: March 19, 2015 21:40

U2Stonesfan
For all the arrogence that a Rockstar has, I have never seen one jump out of their seat at a award show, run up to the stage, grab the award out of a winners hand, and with all seriousness say it belongs to someone else...
There are rockstars who have beaten women and gone to jail multiple times for god knows what, and still haven't had the same level of vitriol heaped upon them as Kanye has.

Hell, look at Motley Crue...you've got a serial wife beater for a drummer and a guy who committed manslaughter while driving drunk for a singer, and they're out on an extremely successful farewell tour. Not many people bring those inconvenient facts up.

Ozzy beat his first wife regularly and almost choked his second to death in a drugged frenzy...everyone thinks he's a swell guy.

Kanye is an egomaniacal jackass...does it really warrant him being kicked off a festival even though he's popular enough to headline it?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 19, 2015 21:46

Doxa
Isn't him - and Bieber - something the kids like?

- Doxa

Thankfully not my kids...I think it became an adult thing when he publicly dissed a humble and deserving adult artist like Beck. But, unfortunately like you say, this might end up being a career boost for him. I must admit, I checked out some of his stuff after the incident, he had his chance to grab me, but ultimately failed to do so. I'm sure others were more gullible a drank the kool-aid.

peace

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 19, 2015 21:47

<<Kanye has never even broken the law or been arrested.>>

Only the second part of that statement can be verified for certain.

Date: March 19, 2015 21:51

stonehearted
<<Kanye has never even broken the law or been arrested.>>

Only the second part of that statement can be verified for certain.
True...you got me there.

Date: March 19, 2015 22:07

Too bad keith wasn't on stage when he ran on the stage, Keith might have thought he was a crazy fan and hit him over the head with his guitar!

Posted by: RomanCandle ()
Date: March 19, 2015 22:53

KanyeWest is a show-off and a jerk. Not because of the Beck incident (seriously, who cares about what happens at the Grammy Awards?) but because he is obsessed with fame and money like most of rock stars/famous rappers/conductors/divas.... However he is excellent at what he does: hip-hop. That is not an excuse for his jerk behaviour but most of people who think his music is terrible hate rap music so much that you can't argue with them.

Date: March 19, 2015 23:06

What he did at the first award show he should/could have been charged with...

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: March 19, 2015 23:07

RomanCandle
KanyeWest is a show-off and a jerk. Not because of the Beck incident (seriously, who cares about what happens at the Grammy Awards?) but because he is obsessed with fame and money like most of rock stars/famous rappers/conductors/divas.... However he is excellent at what he does: hip-hop. That is not an excuse for his jerk behaviour but most of people who think his music is terrible hate rap music so much that you can't argue with them.

And some of them are discerning listeners who just don't like his music. You can argue all you want, after listening to many of the links you've provided as examples of his excellence (is he no longer a genius and now merely excellent?), I still don't hear it.

Personally, I hope he headlines Glastonbury and he and Kim get stuck in the mud, never to be seen or heard from again. And that's mainly just to be rid of Kim. Kanye's music is pretty easy to avoid. Trying to avoid a Kardashian is a bit more difficult.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1574
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home