Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: Keith in NYC, March 18
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 22, 2015 20:24

bleedingman

As an adolescent, I tried cigarettes in my misguided and ultimately futile attempt to be as cool as Keith. Fortunately they made me violently ill and I soon abandoned them

And those were cigs from commercial brands that is stuff filled with sweeteners to ease the "kkcock out" effect tobacco brings you.

Do you imagine how you would have felt with untouched cigs, that is the gut-ripping stuff our grandparents smoked. smoking smiley

In fact that would be the solution to ban smoking : force Marlboro and others to sell cigs without any "sapidity agents".

Keith at Bruce Willis B-Day Party
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 23, 2015 08:44

Re: Keith at Bruce Willis B-Day Party
Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: March 23, 2015 08:55

It's no accident Doom and Gloom was the end-credits song for the last DIE HARD movie.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 23, 2015 09:13

Hey, I forgot all about that Title5! Now I see the connection, although I also seem to remember reading once that Keith and Bruce are beach house neighbors.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 23, 2015 09:25

latebloomer
... I also seem to remember reading once that Keith and Bruce are beach house neighbors.

Now that you mention it: Right! :E
Didn't Keith say it was Bruce Willis who brought McCartney to Keith's place and re-started that acquaintance?

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: March 23, 2015 11:18

Yep.

Re: Keith in NYC, March 18 & 21 - Bruce Willis birthday party and more
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: March 23, 2015 13:34

Since the thread now has been stickefied, is it safe to assume
that Keef also has more important business to attend in NYC?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-23 13:35 by Nikkei.

Posted by: FB ()
Date: March 23, 2015 13:36

Keef looks Great as always. They are up for a meeting in NY?

Posted by: Bunzing ()
Date: March 23, 2015 17:18

Great pictures of Keith, B.B. Johny!!

When God created a rockstar, he created Keith. No doubt about that!

Bunzing

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 23, 2015 19:20

with sssoul
latebloomer
... I also seem to remember reading once that Keith and Bruce are beach house neighbors.

Now that you mention it: Right! :E
Didn't Keith say it was Bruce Willis who brought McCartney to Keith's place and re-started that acquaintance?

Macca and Keith seem strange bedfellows, somehow.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 23, 2015 20:51

Am I the only one who is wondering why this thread is Sticky? Am I missing some obvious significance here?

peace

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: March 23, 2015 22:45

Nikkei

of course.he's there with mick putting the final details together and thats why its important and thats why its a sticky.

i know it makes people feel smart to say "business is done remotely now maaan" and i'm sure my secretary would agree but actual deals that mean something are done over dinner,drinks and hammered out in boardrooms and offices.you'll know how it went pretty soon i'm sure.

Re: Keith in NYC, March 21
Posted by: 3DTeafoe ()
Date: March 23, 2015 23:17

bye bye johnny
Bruce Willis' 60th birthday party at Harlow:

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Keith looks amazingly well in these photos. Wouldn't you agree sssoul? xo

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: March 23, 2015 23:26

lem motlow
Nikkei

of course.he's there with mick putting the final details together and thats why its important and thats why its a sticky.

i know it makes people feel smart to say "business is done remotely now maaan" and i'm sure my secretary would agree but actual deals that mean something are done over dinner,drinks and hammered out in boardrooms and offices.you'll know how it went pretty soon i'm sure.

I have a secretary just like that: she's doing all things remotely and I admire her for being very fast with it. And yep the deals I make are done or pre cooked over dinner and on the golf course and in the office (I have an advertising & media company) but I can't miss the business my secretary does remotely. Often it begins with exchanging concepts or moodboards and stuff like that so I can't do without it.

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: March 24, 2015 00:42

Keith DOES look well in those photos.

Posted by: Chacal ()
Date: March 24, 2015 05:04

bleedingman
Keith is one of those people who, being very cool, make smoking look cool. As an adolescent, I tried cigarettes in my misguided and ultimately futile attempt to be as cool as Keith. Fortunately they made me violently ill and I soon abandoned them, although I would sometimes put an unlit ciggie in my mouth when I played gigs (with my Dan Armstrong plexi, natch).

If Keith quit smoking, he'd probably get hit by a tobacco truck or something (God forbid). It's just surprising that he still indulges, considering Charlie's and Patti's close calls. Also, a few years ago Ronnie was apparently diagnosed with emphysema and told he'd die in a year if he didn't quit smoking. Obviously he didn't and he looks great so there you go.

"It's a sturdy frame, this." - Keith Richards

Emphysema is not visible from the outside. That is, until the patient becomes forced to carry an oxygen tank around.

Re: Keith in NYC, March 18 & 21
Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: March 24, 2015 09:09

Green Lady
GasLightStreet
Good grief, so much blahsperation about his smoking when y'all should be ripping him to shreds for those horrific awful terrible horrible ridiculous shoes.

He's been wearing them (or that colour, anyway) for several years now. Probably a lost cause.

I must say... over time...
Green Lady has consistently been the smartest and prettiest poster on this board.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: March 24, 2015 09:24

Naturalust
Am I the only one who is wondering why this thread is Sticky? Am I missing some obvious significance here?

peace

Wondering too. Maybe bv was at Bruce Willis' big jamboree?

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: March 24, 2015 10:19

Rockman

He somewhat looks like Nigel Hawthorne in that pic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-24 10:21 by Limbostone.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 24, 2015 11:12

Chacal
Emphysema is not visible from the outside. That is, until the patient becomes forced to carry an oxygen tank around.

That's not the case, actually - there are loads of signs of increasing impairment,
like being short of breath after less and less exertion. It's not like one is fine one day
and then wakes up the next day needing oxygen therapy.

But I vote we stick to speculating about cooler stuff than diseases someone might not have.
All kinds of blessings and well-being on all the Rolling Stones, for good.

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: March 24, 2015 14:53

Glad to see Keith enjoying himself hanging with big time artists such as McCartney, Tony Bennet and Bruce Willis (though we need the photo of Keith and McCartney at Turks Caicos).

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: March 24, 2015 15:58

Limbostone
Rockman

He somewhat looks like Nigel Hawthorne in that pic.

More like Freddie Sessler!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 24, 2015 21:28

swiss
Naturalust

peace

Wondering too. Maybe bv was at Bruce Willis' big jamboree?

Doubt it but maybe he's a fan, I think bv's next travel will take him straight to San Diego..I think he's got a GPS tracker on one of the equipment trucks to make sure he's travelling in the right direction. winking smiley

peace

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 24, 2015 21:46

This thread is sticky because it is one of the most ON TOPIC threads at the moment. To avoid duplicate threads on the same subject. Because Keith looks great in the pictures. Because it is rock'n'roll. Because it is NYC. Because Keith is the most visible Stone just days before the tour announcement. And because it is not a travel advices thread. Enough reasons for keeping it sticky a bit more.

By the way, I am not a big fan of Bruce Willis, he do always play the violent guy, I just zap him away. As for Tony Bennett, he is too old for me, too much Vegas style, mind you he is 88 years old, he could be Keith's father (almost). I am more into Clint Eastwood and Jack Nicholson. If "Dirty Harry" was pictured with the Stones that thread would probably be sticky for a long while...

Bjornulf

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 24, 2015 22:51

Haaaaaaa Bjornulf .....Love ya style....you made my day

ROCKMAN

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 24, 2015 22:57

Rockman

Hey Rockeeee, didn't Jack brush up against you while walking to his seat at the Staples opener back in May 2013?drinking smiley

Date: March 24, 2015 23:02

No Al not quite that close ... But what an entrance ... Jack got almost as much applause as The Stones

ROCKMAN

Posted by: boynamedsue69 ()
Date: March 25, 2015 01:17

BluzDude
Rockman

Hey Rockeeee, didn't Jack brush up against you while walking to his seat at the Staples opener back in May 2013?drinking smiley

Hey if they had have gotten together Al it would have looked like two guys from One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest.....cool smiley

Date: March 25, 2015 02:17

HAAAAAA ... never thought of it that way

ROCKMAN

Posted by: 2120Wolf ()
Date: March 25, 2015 02:42

lem motlow
Nikkei

Lem...what is the biggest deal you were ever a part of and how did you cut it ???
How recent was your big deal...and what was your % of the PR....Oh and what bored room did you hammer out this big deal in ???...Just asking Mr. Business ???
And why is the Stones business aspect of all this important...I always thought they were against all this nonsense when the revolt meant something ????

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-25 02:45 by 2120Wolf.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1372
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home