Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

You Got The Silver
Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: July 7, 2005 14:45

Does anyone know if "You Got The Silver" was the absolute final Stones song that Brian participated on?

By the way, where might I find this "mark all messages read" button? I'm unable to reply to any thread and I don't see this button at the base of the forum page.

Thanks!

Ride like the wind at double speed.....

Re: You Got The Silver
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 7, 2005 14:47

Go to bottom of Tell Me page

Posted by: skelly ()
Date: July 7, 2005 14:59

I thought "You Got The Silver" was the first song to be recorded for Let It Bleed, recorded before any of the rest of the album was even written. I think that is the case. I would have thought YCAGWYW was the last Brian Jones song.

I think I've bust a button on my trousers....

Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: July 7, 2005 15:12

Brian Jones didn't play on YCAGWYW

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: July 7, 2005 15:15

Midnight rambler was the last one. He wanted to playon other songs but Mick and Keith left for LA to record and Mick had him fored. Brian was afraid of Keiths wrath, so scared he couldnt tune his guitar. Cant blame him can you.

Posted by: skelly ()
Date: July 7, 2005 15:15

Potted Shrimp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Brian Jones didn't play on YCAGWYW
>

I didn't know that! You live and learn. So what songs did Brian play on for sure?

I think I've bust a button on my trousers....

Posted by: keefstheman ()
Date: July 7, 2005 15:16

Potted Shrimp is correct....Brian was not part of YCAGWYW...most likely too out of it to contribute anything worthwhile. Such a shame.....

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: July 7, 2005 15:53

Brian's last session with the Stones was two days: february 16 and 17 1969, where he added autoharp on You Got the Silver. He is credited for conga's on MR, but there is no conga on MR....

His last real session with the Stones was June 1968, when they did Sympathy for the Devil. If you watch the One+ONe movie, it's actually quite sad. They put them in a soundbooth, gave him an acoustic guitar, and didn't even turn on the microphone decently. Brian completely was on his own, he wasn't involved in any creative process, he just sat there strumming an acoustic for 24 hours in a row.

Mathijs

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: July 7, 2005 16:21

Thanks for the info everyone, as well as pointing the way to the "mark all messages read" button. It works now!

Ride like the wind at double speed.....

Posted by: RollingStonesRob ()
Date: July 9, 2005 05:10

I can't tell what percussion instrument Brian uses on Midnight Rambler.

Posted by: Charles ()
Date: July 9, 2005 05:47

Who needs Brian Jones when you have "Plinkety Plink Chuck Levell"?

Posted by: Charles ()
Date: July 9, 2005 05:50

Brian made himself clearly felt on CYHMK even if he wasn't there? Sometimes a person's presence in the music can be intangible, right? I still am hoping for "Soul Survivor" somewhere with Lenny Kravitz helping out to make it something new and fresh. Who cares if it's not as good as the original? Big deal!

Posted by: Fansince1964 ()
Date: July 9, 2005 07:47

Charles Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Who needs Brian Jones when you have "Plinkety
> Plink Chuck Levell"?

What kind of a remark it this, Charles???????
Brian Jones, if he was alive and in control, could contribute to this band
much more than anyone else have done through the years. He was brilliant!
So don't compare him to Chuck.

HJofSweden

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: July 9, 2005 12:57

I think it was sarcasm? Anyway, they froze him inside that booth. He was scared and tried to get back I think but didnt know how to. They bullied him no doubt about that. He shouldnt have eaten that slice of bread or chicken (?), it was Keiths (in '63-64).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1894
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home