Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Please do not wake up old threads
Posted by: RomanCandle ()
Date: March 15, 2015 08:48

swiss
LeonidP
RomanCandle
And... seriously......... why do we need "" rules "" on a music message board???
I have to agree

Naturalust
I must say that I don't agree with all this discrimination over old threads.... I often enjoy reading old threads as much or more than the new ones.
Agreed...

GasLightStreet
If a thread fades away... it certainly can fade back in. Because, clearly, someone was interested in something and contributed to it. So what how old it is! It was new then! And since there is talk here about albums that are 30 some years old as well as 20 some years old... what's the difference?
and agreed. I really don't see why it matters.

BV says "People who read the forum do not understand the 'gap in time' between the current posts and the first posts in the thread."

This rule is rubbish but Sir Bv knows better than we do what we need. We should thank Bv the Almighty for what he did for us, because we would be lost without His help.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: March 15, 2015 08:55

Yes, there are many great "old" threads with some of the best comments and thoughtful theories, discussions and more about the Stones Ive ever read anywhere. This site with its many writers has given a lot and erasing that is just wrong. I get the point when an old thread from 2009 has a new post but so what when the thread itself is so interesting. Opinions change and theres always someone with new input. Why not let someone else manage those old threads?

Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: March 15, 2015 09:19

This ones gonna run and run. It could become the longest thread of all time.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: March 15, 2015 12:18

I saw a thread of around 3 or 5 years ago, I didn't realise there was a request for my photos of a concert from 1973. Surely it would make sense for me to post them there for continuity ....

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: March 15, 2015 14:41

swiss
LeonidP
RomanCandle
And... seriously......... why do we need "" rules "" on a music message board???
I have to agree

Naturalust
I must say that I don't agree with all this discrimination over old threads.... I often enjoy reading old threads as much or more than the new ones.
Agreed...

GasLightStreet
If a thread fades away... it certainly can fade back in. Because, clearly, someone was interested in something and contributed to it. So what how old it is! It was new then! And since there is talk here about albums that are 30 some years old as well as 20 some years old... what's the difference?

and agreed. I really don't see why it matters.

BV says "People who read the forum do not understand the 'gap in time' between the current posts and the first posts in the thread."

yes, read that, I just don't see why that matters if readers don't understand the 'gap in time' ... what is the downside of that?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 15, 2015 16:43

71Tele
GasLightStreet
71Tele
treaclefingers
Can we wake up old IORR posters?

ah...let them have their nap!

Sure, StonesTod, MaxsKansasCity, that guy who was obsessed with Super Heavy...wake 'em all up, It's party time!

But absolutely - and I mean ABSOLUTELY no waking of JumpinJackPumpkinPatch or JumpinJackOLantern or whatever it was, MightyStonesStillRollin50, TheLoneRangerRidesAgain and all those other ding dong names that that ding dong went under...

I had almost purged him from memory...Thanks a lot.

hey, you brought up Superevvy so you started it.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1833
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home