Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 307
Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: March 31, 2015 16:54

Okay, no Mick Taylor..

But I'd like to know why confused smiley

Posted by: dgodkin ()
Date: March 31, 2015 16:56

the man quit,the stones, without any warning, everyone one seems to forget that,so I think mick, keith and Charlie, should be commended,for letting him back in for the 50th anniversary, if he gave them warning, and said ill do black and blue , and the tour, then im gone, great, no warning, they owe him nothing more

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 31, 2015 17:10

Actually Mick Taylor himself told us on his Facebook page as early as February 14th if memory serves...

EDIT - correct :

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-31 17:11 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: March 31, 2015 17:42

dgodkin
the man quit,the stones, without any warning, everyone one seems to forget that,so I think mick, keith and Charlie, should be commended,for letting him back in for the 50th anniversary, if he gave them warning, and said ill do black and blue , and the tour, then im gone, great, no warning, they owe him nothing more

Yeah, well...the Stones are grown men now. It's not a matter of owing...they could have done something special for the fans that have been supporting them for the last 40 years...

Date: March 31, 2015 17:47

Yeah, if only for the fans they could have kept the 2012/2014 format, he seemed to be happy with it (based on what Sam Cutler wrote) although it was rather "limited"...

As a side note RS.com have a pretty detailed article about the "ZIP CODE" tour [www.rollingstone.com] but in the "In the time since the group's last concert" paragraph" they mention Bobby Keys but not Taylor, would have been surprised if they had...probably don't want to annoy Jagger.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: March 31, 2015 17:58

Stoneburst
So why were rumours of a Sticky Fingers tour circulating here and on the other boards for months? Were people just getting mixed up with the album being reissued? And if this isn't a Sticky Fingers tour then what exactly is it? Please don't say 'a Rolling Stones tour' - I get that, just don't see what the point of it is if they're not at least trying to bring something new to the table (and I don't necessarily mean Mick Taylor by that).

The rumours were SF to be played at the smaller venues (not announced as yet).

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 31, 2015 18:14

dgodkin

No, nobody seems to forget that. That was 40 years ago. Move on.

So no Mick Taylor this time out...?
Posted by: wellalright ()
Date: March 31, 2015 17:00

he's not mentioned anywhere

Re: So no Mick Taylor this time out...?
Date: March 31, 2015 17:22

all the experts here - not one response? is this some sort of taboo subject?

Date: March 31, 2015 17:26

Ok...I'll bite -> [www.iorr.org]

--------------

Date: March 31, 2015 17:28

It seems like it...Maybe we'll find out something later on today in the actual radio interview. I can't believe they will leave him out in the cold with the Sticky Fingers reissue and all that. Right now I have 'mixed emotions'. The excitement of the tour is tempered with the fact that MT hasn't been mentioned...yet.

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: March 31, 2015 17:30

Not a taboo subject, it's just been discussed to death. We've known for some time that he wasn't going to be on this tour, lots of people are extremely pissed about it, others don't care and will go see them anyway. Yes, it's a great shame: whichever way you cut it, the Rolling Stones do not have much time left, and they could have done something extraordinary had they bought him back into the fold properly. But they didn't and they won't. Not sure if there's anything left to say about it.

Date: March 31, 2015 17:36

Yeah...it's a downer...I'll probably take in one show, no more than one for sure, but it might be tough to watch/listen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-31 17:38 by palerider22.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: March 31, 2015 17:47

there is no secret here, he isn't part of the tour

Date: March 31, 2015 18:05

he added so much to the last run- stupid move--

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 31, 2015 18:10

There are more than 700 posts in this thread about the subject:

Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
[www.iorr.org]

So it is not exactly "hidden away" here...

Bjornulf

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: March 31, 2015 18:12

wellalright
he added so much toi the last run- stupid move--
I'm disappointed.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: March 31, 2015 18:15

Tough day for some of us.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 31, 2015 18:17

71Tele

Really? What were you "fired" for? I believe I have two offenses on my record, though I was innocent of the first.

Once posted an inappropriate interview with Keith. Guilty as charged...sounded to me like Keith was just drinking a bit. Got it off an internet site but I guess I should have known he could hold his alcohol a bit better....or that I couldn't. smoking smiley

Beginning to think the whole SF rumors were just about the re-release and they were never planning to actually play the whole record. But if the Zip Code tour kind of relates to the zipper on the record, who knows. I do know that after listening to the re-released record I will be thinking about MT as will lots of other folks and the thought of Ronnie playing his parts with Taylor still around, willing and able, but uninvited is disappointing.

peace

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: March 31, 2015 18:24

Well, now it's all official, I hope MT can put this business behind him and do something new. He needs a collaborator, someone like Carla Olsen but with a higher profile who has musical vision and drive, who recognises his talent and will give him a load of kick-ass blues/rock'n'roll tunes to work with. Not optimistic that it'll happen. We can but hope.

Failing that, let's quit our jobs, put together a backing band and tour with him (Mick Taylor and the Taylorites)

Date: March 31, 2015 18:27

Naturalust
71Tele

Really? What were you "fired" for? I believe I have two offenses on my record, though I was innocent of the first.

Once posted an inappropriate interview with Keith. Guilty as charged...sounded to me like Keith was just drinking a bit. Got it off an internet site but I guess I should have known he could hold his alcohol a bit better....or that I couldn't. smoking smiley

Beginning to think the whole SF rumors were just about the re-release and they were never planning to actually play the whole record. But if the Zip Code tour kind of relates to the zipper on the record, who knows. I do know that after listening to the re-released record I will be thinking about MT as will lots of other folks and the thought of Ronnie playing his parts with Taylor still around, willing and able, but uninvited is disappointing.

peace

Banned for posting an inappropriate interview? What is this, junior high school? Keith drinking a bit? Whyt would that get anyone in trouble?

Date: March 31, 2015 18:29

I am quitting in protest. Not that anyone should care what I think, but this band has really disappointed me, and I need to focus my energy on other things. The Replacements are touring this spring. Enjoy the tour everyone.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: March 31, 2015 18:32

I for one am optimistic that he'll be playing on a few shows, just not all of them...

he wouldn't be on all the shows ( they really only want 2 guitarists)

but they will probably work out plans for Mick Taylor to be involved again.

I'm hoping. its not like them to be spiteful old men, is it?

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: March 31, 2015 18:32

Naturalust
71Tele

peace

Disappointing? For me that is a understatement.

It's a damned shame. But, lets think for moment,if Mick Taylor was on the tour with them I firmly believe his playing would take the spotlight. There really is no new material and he would breath new life into those old warhorses. Everyone would be talking about his playing. I really do believe that is the reason he was not invited. Can't honestly think of any other reason they would not want their music to be stellar again.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: March 31, 2015 18:37

71Tele
I am quitting in protest. Not that anyone should care what I think, but this band has really disappointed me, and I need to focus my energy on other things. The Replacements are touring this spring. Enjoy the tour everyone.
Well at least someone stands for something around here. I will follow suit which will make most everyone happy...

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: March 31, 2015 18:38

No MT and to make matters worse - they could not give us Traveling MAN on the sticky fingers re-issue. They always disappoint the fans and take the easy way out and just grab the CASH they we throw at them

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: March 31, 2015 18:43

Naturalust
71Tele

peace

I don't know how willing MT actually was or is. It's presented here by Taylorites that the RS were and/or are not willing but geez he got back because they were! To me since MJ brought him back it always looked like the RS were spreading more enthusiasm about MT than MT was spreading about the RS... I'm really starting to dislike the whole atmoshere around it; it's not cheerful and not constructive and so not willing to see anything positive. All those Taylorites have been nagging constantly about just one or two songs or the wrong songs or just one tour or just two tours or why not this tour sh*t. And the shows were sh*t except what MT did. Bogus!

And it's such an uberhyped thing on IORR. Around 700 posts in this thread and how many posters? And how many posters posted more then 5 times? How many more then 10? It really is a very small audience in more than one aspect...

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: March 31, 2015 18:47

Keith has recognized eventually how perfect Ronnie and Mick Taylor played together on their Jimmy Reed hommage tour. And Mick Jagger won't cancel his Vegas concept that he developed on his solo tour in the eighties. A comfortable concept to earn much money without generating something new. Unfortunately the Stones are and will be obviously their own cover band ...

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: March 31, 2015 18:54

Dreamer
Naturalust
71Tele

peace

I don't know how willing MT actually was or is. It's presented here by Taylorites that the RS were and/or are not willing but geez he got back because they were! To me since MJ brought him back it always looked like the RS were spreading more enthusiasm about MT than MT was spreading about the RS... I'm really starting to dislike the whole atmoshere around it; it's not cheerful and not constructive and so not willing to see anything positive. All those Taylorites have been nagging constantly about just one or two songs or the wrong songs or just one tour or just two tours or why not this tour sh*t. And the shows were sh*t except what MT did. Bogus!

And it's such an uberhyped thing on IORR. Around 700 posts in this thread and how many posters? And how many posters posted more then 5 times? How many more then 10? It really is a very small audience in more than one aspect...

Actually there have been over 23,000 views on this thread. Many people are lurking and not posting for fear of being ridiculed for wanting the music to be even better.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 307

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1557
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home