Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...216217218219220221222223224225226...LastNext
Current Page: 221 of 307
Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: July 27, 2018 18:10

[www.youtube.com]

Mick Taylor - Reelin' and Rockin'

Mick Taylor laying down the rhythm

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: July 28, 2018 09:20

OpenG
Amazing that MT says his best part of his career was with the period he worked with Dylan.

I could easily understand it. His Stones period, while obviously his most fruitful, was also easily his most stressful. All that pressure at such a young age, and then on and off being treated like shit by the rest of the band. It'll obviously be the 5 years of his life he's most remembered for but I think they aged him plenty and at the time was probably not his most comfortable. With Dylan on the other hand, he was playing with a legend where he was given a good amount of free reign (as Dylan tends to do with his bands) and playing with a solid band while not doing all that much work. I imagine giving those songs the Taylor touch was rather relaxing for him. So I could totally understand where he's coming from. Honestly, I wish he had more years like that where he didn't have to worry as much and could enjoy how much we all loved him and be truly respected and appreciated.

Date: July 28, 2018 11:02

Wasn't he fired/chose to quit (I've read both - Mac wrote that he was fired) from Dylan's group on that tour?

He came back, but I reckon there was stress involved there, too.

Love Taylor's work with Dylan, btw.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: July 28, 2018 18:44

DandelionPowderman
Wasn't he fired/chose to quit (I've read both - Mac wrote that he was fired) from Dylan's group on that tour?

Not familiar with the whole situation so its very possible. Also are you ever really "fired" by Dylan? I always see it as basically a tour of duty. He calls you, you spend your time there, and when he wants to move on to something different thats exactly what happens. Its no hard feelings or anything, thats just how Dylan is. Obviously I don't know that for a fact, its just always been what its seemed like. Cause did any of those guys continue with Dylan after that short tour? I didn't think so, so I wouldn't consider them fired. Its just what Dylan wanted for that specific tour. I'm sure nothing Taylor has done has been stress free, but just seems like when you're playing with Dylan he either likes or doesn't like what you do so there's not much you can tip it either way. And that seems like the second most high profile gig Taylor ever did, so I'd think he likes the memories of a good gig that wasn't super chaotic. But again yeah, I've got no idea.

Date: July 28, 2018 19:40

Yes I read in the book by Clinton Heylin that MT was fired by Dylan on tour for not being the band leader Dylan wanted and the next day he was on board for the completion on the 1984 tour.

Date: July 28, 2018 21:18

RollingFreak
DandelionPowderman

Not familiar with the whole situation so its very possible. Also are you ever really "fired" by Dylan? I always see it as basically a tour of duty. He calls you, you spend your time there, and when he wants to move on to something different thats exactly what happens. Its no hard feelings or anything, thats just how Dylan is. Obviously I don't know that for a fact, its just always been what its seemed like. Cause did any of those guys continue with Dylan after that short tour? I didn't think so, so I wouldn't consider them fired. Its just what Dylan wanted for that specific tour. I'm sure nothing Taylor has done has been stress free, but just seems like when you're playing with Dylan he either likes or doesn't like what you do so there's not much you can tip it either way. And that seems like the second most high profile gig Taylor ever did, so I'd think he likes the memories of a good gig that wasn't super chaotic. But again yeah, I've got no idea.

This happened in the middle of the tour, perhaps a bit earlier.

Date: July 28, 2018 21:45

[www.youtube.com]

Bob Dylan - Don't Fall Apart On Me Tonight / License To Kill (1983 Promo Videos, Elite Series 038)

Looks like the whole group is having fun what I group of musicians .

Date: July 28, 2018 21:57

[www.youtube.com]

Bob Dylan - Sweetheart Like You

Funny how Carla Olson mimed Mick Taylor's beautiful solo at the end.

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: July 28, 2018 22:05

<Funny how Carla Olson mimed Mick Taylor's beautiful solo at the end.>

I told Carla she sounded great on that video and we had a laugh. She told me that she thought had most of the fingering until that flurry at the end then she got lost.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-28 22:08 by pmk251.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: July 29, 2018 05:53

DandelionPowderman

I remember reading in the Dylan "novel" that he couldn't handle it as a bandleader because Dylan would just pick random songs on the spot the band hadn't rehearsed to play in front of like 70,000+ people. Then Dylan asked him to come back, something like that.

Great anecdote of that tour: Nicky Hopkins declined the invitation to be the keyboardist, because Dylan wouldn't authorize an actual acoustic piano to be taken along. Nicky H. only ever played PIANO live.

Knocking On Heaven's Door is a highlight with Carlos and Mick trading licks.

Date: July 30, 2018 18:53

[www.youtube.com]

Alvin Lee & Mick Taylor - Can't Stop - Live 1981

One of MT's blistering glistening solos up and down fretboard.

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: July 30, 2018 19:30

OpenG
[www.youtube.com]

Carla's Textone guitarist, George Callins showed Her 'how' to play the notes, atleast that's what he told me once many years ago...

Date: July 30, 2018 19:46

OpenG
[www.youtube.com]

Carla's Textone guitarist, George Callins showed Her 'how' to play the notes, atleast that's what he told me once many years ago...

I guess MTV wanted someone attractive on the video not that the group was not attractive without Carla, to the MTV audience way back in 1983.

Date: July 30, 2018 20:22

If I remember I think the solo is C sharp minor penatonic and the chords are similar to beast of burden. Always thought MT would of played an awesome solo on BB

Posted by: MAYO ()
Date: July 31, 2018 14:33

hope the bootleg nº14 of dylan will bring us INFIDELS DEMOS with Mick

Posted by: achilles77 ()
Date: August 2, 2018 00:11

OpenG
[www.youtube.com]

Alvin Lee & Mick Taylor - Can't Stop - Live 1981

One of MT's blistering glistening solos up and down fretboard.

Another killer one with Alvin Lee

[www.youtube.com]

Just flat-out rocks!

Date: August 2, 2018 02:15

OpenG
If I remember I think the solo is C sharp minor penatonic and the chords are similar to beast of burden. Always thought MT would of played an awesome solo on BB

Yeah I agree. I think he plays some cool licks on ‘81 KC. My white whale is hearing him play on Wild Horses live.

Date: August 2, 2018 09:48

TravelinMan
OpenG

Yeah I agree. I think he plays some cool licks on ‘81 KC. My white whale is hearing him play on Wild Horses live.

It's in here somewhere, but you've probably heard it several times smiling smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-02 09:52 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: August 2, 2018 17:31

DP - thanks for putting all of MT's licks together from KC 1981. Way back I took all of MT's solos on YCAGWYW from 1972/1973 tours and put them all on a CD and now I am looking for that - We moved to Portland Oregon in 2016 and all my music stuff that I do not listen to is still boxed.

Date: August 3, 2018 13:51

DandelionPowderman
TravelinMan
OpenG

It's in here somewhere, but you've probably heard it several times smiling smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Taylor plays the repeating riff with some slight variations I believe. Wood plays the solo. At least that’s what I remember.

Date: August 3, 2018 14:01

TravelinMan
DandelionPowderman
TravelinMan
OpenG

[www.youtube.com]

Taylor plays the repeating riff with some slight variations I believe. Wood plays the solo. At least that’s what I remember.

He created a new single-string riff, which he repeats quite a few times, but he also played some off the cuff-licks.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: August 24, 2018 00:11

Just seen a link on the net which suggests we may see a Mick Taylor biography one day.
Written by Martin Celmins (also a musician under the name Jet Black).
He has previously written an acclaimed and official biography on Peter Green.( 3 editions). Also a regular contributor to Blues periodicals and other music journals.
He produced a bio on Duster Bennett, which had a limited release.
I had heard he was writing a bio on Rory Gallagher, but its not seen the light of day.
Anybody heard of this Taylor book...would he be likely to co-operate? At this time of his life, it might be that the time is right to tell his tale.

Mick Taylors unreleased album 1988
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 26, 2018 20:37

I know Cozy Powell is drumming,Max middleton keyboards, but who else is on this??
Except Mick Taylor..

Please more info..
Thanks

Jeroen

Re: Mick Taylors unreleased album 1988
Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: August 26, 2018 21:38

corriecas
I know Cozy Powell is drumming,Max middleton keyboards, but who else is on this??
Except Mick Taylor..

Please more info..
Thanks

Jeroen

oooo intersting, i know nothing of this. any info greatly appreciated. thanks

Date: August 26, 2018 21:42

Captainchaos
corriecas
Except Mick Taylor..

Please more info..
Thanks

Jeroen

oooo intersting, i know nothing of this. any info greatly appreciated. thanks

Sorry, this is all i know.
Jeroen

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: August 26, 2018 22:02

Never heard of it either. Would be cool if he got something in his vaultthumbs up

Posted by: usetobesampeg ()
Date: August 27, 2018 06:02

This one?

[www.hotwacks.com]

I thought I remember hearing that one of his LPs was leaked or stolen & then Bootlegged and he was then unable to get a deal to release it, was it this one?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-27 06:11 by usetobesampeg.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: August 27, 2018 09:48

Look at Nzentgraf.de and Mick Taylor recordings 1988.

Date: August 27, 2018 10:09

Cozy Powell didn't play on it, although it says so.

He's not happy when people share this recording, I heard..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-27 10:11 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: August 27, 2018 10:16

usetobesampeg
This one?

[www.hotwacks.com]

I thought I remember hearing that one of his LPs was leaked or stolen & then Bootlegged and he was then unable to get a deal to release it, was it this one?

Yeah, Thanks!
jeroen

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...216217218219220221222223224225226...LastNext
Current Page: 221 of 307

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1925
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home