Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...282283284285286287288289290291292...LastNext
Current Page: 287 of 307
Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Date: August 9, 2022 01:00

keefriffhards

A great final blast. The Power Of Good-Bye. thumbs up

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: August 9, 2022 20:50

This shows his playing was still incredible at his last public performance. The band applauded him and the audience was knocked out. I don't think he has had a public performance since. If he had been rehearsed and played entire shows doing the 50th annie we would still be talking about it today.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: August 9, 2022 21:04

PhillyFAN
This shows his playing was still incredible at his last public performance. The band applauded him and the audience was knocked out. I don't think he has had a public performance since. If he had been rehearsed and played entire shows doing the 50th annie we would still be talking about it today.

[www.youtube.com]

Absolutely, and i'm betting he can still play like that, as i say if he gets invited to the next tour Ronnie could use the help and we can get to enjoy a 3 guitar attack on the senses , guitar heaven, hey we can always dream yeah, and dreams do come true, they have many times in my life with this band.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: August 9, 2022 21:50

video: [youtu.be] Thank you Mick. @#$%& great , love you!

Date: August 9, 2022 21:54

There is still some playing ability left here , circa the 50 and Counting Tourvideo: [youtu.be]

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: August 9, 2022 22:08

I am hoping he needs more dental treatment and gets back with the Stones once again.Its where he belongs.On a bad day he can still wipe the floor with Ronnie.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: August 9, 2022 23:57

keefriffhards
PhillyFAN

[www.youtube.com]

Absolutely, and i'm betting he can still play like that, as i say if he gets invited to the next tour Ronnie could use the help and we can get to enjoy a 3 guitar attack on the senses , guitar heaven, hey we can always dream yeah, and dreams do come true, they have many times in my life with this band.

or at least another tour with ronnie

Posted by: 06230 ()
Date: August 10, 2022 00:52

I have to say why is this still a thing . ?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: August 10, 2022 11:36

PhillyFAN

[www.youtube.com]

Soloing starts at 4:11

But yes, why, oh why has he not been seen live again ? Surely the guy must love to play and bring joy to people who enjoy music and beautiful guitar playing ! Like I posted previously I can understand he wouldn't want to go through the grind of small club shows like he had to do before 2012 (paraphrasing his "manager") but one offs are nothing like that.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: August 10, 2022 11:46

gotdablouse
PhillyFAN

[www.youtube.com]

Soloing starts at 4:11

But yes, why, oh why has he not been seen live again ? Surely the guy must love to play and bring joy to people who enjoy music and beautiful guitar playing ! Like I posted previously I can understand he wouldn't want to go through the grind of small club shows like he had to do before 2012 (paraphrasing his "manager") but one offs are nothing like that.

Could it be that he hardly plays the guitar at home (paraphrasing his manager) and just has retired ? Sometimes enough is enough. Or maybe even his health doesn't allow it anymore. Who knows ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-10 11:47 by TheflyingDutchman.

Date: August 10, 2022 13:29

I have to say why is this still a thing . ?

It's still a thing because circumstances change in old age and options for Mick and Keith to continue narrow down. They don't seem to want to call time on touring yet and a previous member like Taylor could possibly come back into the fold to keep it THE STONES with four members as health becomes an issue.
It's not rocket science, it's a no brainer, the question unanswered is whether Taylor is still able to play well enough to help out ? he was in good shape a few years ago.

I think these are things MJ will consider if he wants to continue touring with the Stones, let's see if I'm right or not, but there's no way he will continue if the guitarist can't deliver to a certain standard, he will need to insure satisfaction and if you watch any of Taylor's crowd reactions to his Stones performances there's plenty of satisfaction. No other guitarist on the planet will get a warmer reception from Stones fans.

That's why it's still a thing.

Date: August 10, 2022 13:39

<the question unanswered is whether Taylor is still able to play well enough to help out?>

Is that really the question? I'm sure Taylor is more than capable of playing. The real question imo is whether he wants to do it. I don't think he does. His girlfriend/manager is not particularly fond of the Stones, to put it mildly.

Date: August 10, 2022 14:28

--

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-11 09:36 by TheflyingDutchman.

Date: August 10, 2022 15:57

Thanks for posting that PhillyFan.Wonderful solo there by Mr Taylor.
I wonder if this was the last public performance or whether he has performed anywhere since.Maybe he has performed publicly since that gig in 2016 but it hasn’t been captured on film.
Mick J should give him a call and get him to record with the Stones.
Just got the impression that when Mick T played with the Stones for the anniversary shows they limited his time for fear of exposing Ronnie as the inferior guitarist.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 10, 2022 16:34

stargroover
I wonder if this was the last public performance or whether he has performed anywhere since.Maybe he has performed publicly since that gig in 2016 but it hasn’t been captured on film.
Just got the impression that when Mick T played with the Stones for the anniversary shows they limited his time for fear of exposing Ronnie as the inferior guitarist.

Mick T would have made Blue and Lonesome much better than it is. They did include Clapton, but he didn't add much at all to put it politely.
As for exposing Ronnie as the inferior guitarist, that's already a given and most everyone in attendance with ears would have realized that even after one note from Mick T if they hadn't already.
If there are to be any type of leads/solos on new Stones recordings, hopefully they include MT; even if they have to drag him to the studio. He could have added a nice slide bit on Ghost Town - was a missed opportunity.

Date: August 10, 2022 16:42

Agree 100 percent with you Hairball

Date: August 10, 2022 18:28

Hairball
stargroover

Mick T would have made Blue and Lonesome much better than it is. They did include Clapton, but he didn't add much at all to put it politely.
As for exposing Ronnie as the inferior guitarist, that's already a given and most everyone in attendance with ears would have realized that even after one note from Mick T if they hadn't already.
If there are to be any type of leads/solos on new Stones recordings, hopefully they include MT; even if they have to drag him to the studio. He could have added a nice slide bit on Ghost Town - was a missed opportunity.

Yeah spot on Hairball, i'd just like to add that Taylor was great for Jagger helping him on the music and creation of songs like Winter, TWFNO, Moonlight Mile etc, Mick and Keith could use all the help they can get after 17 years and virtually nothing to show for it.
Why not bring in Taylor, what do they have to lose, let him play on the new album to give it some depth and great solo's, it can only help and i think it would make up for the reason he left the band in the first place, he should have got more song writing credits.

Date: August 11, 2022 09:40

DandelionPowderman

Is that really the question? I'm sure Taylor is more than capable of playing. The real question imo is whether he wants to do it. I don't think he does. His girlfriend/manager is not particularly fond of the Stones, to put it mildly.

That's what I know as well Bård. What I never understood is why Mick Taylor took all this. Or could it be that Taylor is not particularly fond of playing with the Stones either? That's a question nobody wants to, or no-one ever can answer. Strange, isn't it ?

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: August 11, 2022 10:17

I guess you guys simply don't get it. Not everybody is impressed with Mick T. way of playing and "noodling".
When GHS got it's re-release I dug more deeper into the record than ever before and found out that all the stuff that kept me away from this record for decades was delivered by Mick T and/or Billy Preston.
Best example for me is 100 Years Ago - a lovely tune but in the end when the soloing is starting I'm stepping out. I can't stand the sound of the guitar and the clavinet - for me it destroys the song.

Ronnie inferior? Maybe yes. But he IS rock'n roll and he IS a Rolling Stone. Two things Mick Taylor never managed to be. And now that he's gone for almost 50 years people are wanting him back? A rather infantile wish, isn't it?

Date: August 11, 2022 12:24

silkcut1978_
I guess you guys simply don't get it. Not everybody is impressed with Mick T. way of playing and "noodling".
When GHS got it's re-release I dug more deeper into the record than ever before and found out that all the stuff that kept me away from this record for decades was delivered by Mick T and/or Billy Preston.
Best example for me is 100 Years Ago - a lovely tune but in the end when the soloing is starting I'm stepping out. I can't stand the sound of the guitar and the clavinet - for me it destroys the song.

Ronnie inferior? Maybe yes. But he IS rock'n roll and he IS a Rolling Stone. Two things Mick Taylor never managed to be. And now that he's gone for almost 50 years people are wanting him back? A rather infantile wish, isn't it?

I don't want Taylor back, or the Stones. I couldn't care less.I'm an old-school Stones fan/Taylorite .grinning smiley I just wonder why he accepted the things that happened during his last stint with the Stones as stated by some posters who seem know what they are talking about.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-11 13:49 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: August 11, 2022 12:51

silkcut1978_

“Noodling” is an infantile term used to describe guitar playing by people that can’t recognize melodic complexity in music. Maybe start by researching melodic counterpoint.

I suppose Taylor wasn’t a Rolling Stone for five of the bands most successful and glorious years? Their peak on stage and in the studio?

Ron Wood is a capable guitarist, but things I’ve heard from first hand accounts make me believe he cared a lot more about being a “rock n roller” than his actual job as a musician.

Goats Head Soup is a great album. That’s why they remixed and rereleased it.

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: August 11, 2022 13:22

TravelinMan
silkcut1978_

“Noodling” is an infantile term used to describe guitar playing by people that can’t recognize melodic complexity in music. Maybe start by researching melodic counterpoint.

I suppose Taylor wasn’t a Rolling Stone for five of the bands most successful and glorious years? Their peak on stage and in the studio?

Ron Wood is a capable guitarist, but things I’ve heard from first hand accounts make me believe he cared a lot more about being a “rock n roller” than his actual job as a musician.

"Noodling" - at least I'm in good comany with Bob Ezrin ;-)

Date: August 11, 2022 13:36

TravelinMan
silkcut1978_

To say Taylor didn’t like playing with the Stones is some more Taylor bashing from the usual posters here.It’s not based on any evidence whatsoever.In fact the evidence points otherwise.Anytime he was asked by Mick Keith or Bill to play with them he always agreed, like on Talk is Cheap. He didn’t refuse to play with the Stones when asked in 2012 to play with them on the 50 and Counting shows.The only reason he stopped was because Mick and Keith told him he wasn’t being asked to return for the No Filter tour. Had he been asked to continue he would still perhaps be playing today with them.And I am guessing if anytime from1976 on had he been asked to rejoin he would have. Witness in 1977 his response when Mick told him he might need him if Keith went to jail. But to allow him only really 1 song a show was a waste of his talents. Keith often says the Stones often play bad at the beginning of tours because the rust has t been knocked off yet.To say Wood is a rock n roller and Taylor didn’t play rock n roll is ridiculous. The albums Taylor played on have their best rock songs.Much of the albums Wood played on are filled with funk dance and reggae songs. And Taylor’s live shows rocked as much as any Wood played on . Taylor I’m sure is proud of the great music he made with the Stones even with the issues he had at the time.The Stones never rocked harder than on their live shows with Taylor so Mr Taylor was a rock n roller.Let’s see, Honky Tonk Women,Live With Me, Brown Sugar, Knocking, Bitch, Dead Flowers, Rocks Off, Rip this Joint, All the Rage, Living in the Heart of Love, ,Travelin Man,I'm Going Down, Tumbling Dice, Happy, All Down the Lone, Star Star, Silver Train, 100 yearsAgo, Heartbreaker, If You Can’t Rock Me, Dance Little Sister, are not rock n roll?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-11 18:56 by Taylor1.

Date: August 11, 2022 14:14

<To say Taylor didn’t like playing with the Stones is some more Taylor bashing from the usual posters here>

No, it isn't. And you obviously didn't read the next sentence in my post (which explained why it isn't necessarily up to Taylor).

Date: August 11, 2022 14:16

<I suppose Taylor wasn’t a Rolling Stone for five of the bands most successful and glorious years? Their peak on stage and in the studio?>

Their peak in the studio is generally seen as 1968-1972. I don't necessarily agree with that, but Taylor was only instrumental in making two of those albums.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: August 11, 2022 14:23

I was listening to Hand of Fate this morning, great great song.I love Wayne Perkins guitar solo. He would have been a perfect successor to Mick Taylor.

And yes a good Stones song with a good solo is still a better Stones song. Which is sorely lacking today with Ronnie on stage (for many years now).

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-11 14:43 by powerage78.

Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: August 11, 2022 14:58

The classic Taylor vs Wood argument rears its ugly head again. Personal preferences aside, it has to be said that Mick Taylor was far more consistent live during his tenure than Ronnie Wood has ever been. (But Wood may have saved the band by mediating between Jagger and Richard in the mid-70's) Heres Woody taking a stab at "Love in Vain" with the Faces....the contrast with Taylors supple, structured approach is telling.

video: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: August 11, 2022 15:02

DandelionPowderman

Their peak in the studio is generally seen as 1968-1972. I don't necessarily agree with that, but Taylor was only instrumental in making two of those albums.

He was still a member during that time, I never said it was their peak because of him. Somebody said “he was never a Rolling Stone.” C’mon now.

Date: August 11, 2022 15:07

TravelinMan
DandelionPowderman

He was still a member during that time, I never said it was their peak because of him. Somebody said “he was never a Rolling Stone.” C’mon now.

That's silly.

Date: August 11, 2022 15:10

<a good Stones song with a good solo is still a better Stones song>

We all have different tastes, but that's pretty out there, imo. There are lots of great Stones-tunes without a guitar solo smiling smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...282283284285286287288289290291292...LastNext
Current Page: 287 of 307

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1289
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home