Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...276277278279280281282283284285286...LastNext
Current Page: 281 of 307
Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 27, 2022 05:39

ProfessorWolf
Hairball
It would be nice if MT was at least invited to attend one of the upcoming 60th anniversary show - even as a VIP guest with special pass, and all the perks that come with it.
And speaking of Perks, what about Bill? Will he be included in some way, or will the Stones attempt to completely erase/delete him from their history?
Now that Charlie has sadly passed, seems a good time to mend some of the bad vibes and animosity amongst all living band members before it's too late.

well bill was at charlie's memorial with the rest of them

I don't think they keep Bill away. Airbrushing is probably due to legal arrangements between them and the band. Bottom line is Bill gets paid if he's part of the lineup for their live vault releases. He said it himself. He's probably erased from t-shirts because they had to come to an agreement to use his likeness, and he didn't want to, or didn't like the terms. They probably can't use Brian's likeness without the okay of his estate, whomever the hell that is now. (Is his sister gone too?)

Nobody, absolutely nobody knows why Mick T. has gone into hiding. He doesn't even play gigs. I hope it's because he made a bundle touring with them, or enough to let him retire. He's obviously not taken care of his health. He didn't even physically resemble the Mick Taylor who left the band in 1974. He doesn't seem to live lavishly, so maybe it's enough.

I got to attend the first show in 2013, in Los Angeles. Mick Taylor played. To be honest I couldn't discern what he contributed. It certainly wasn't the genius who soared with them from '69 to '74, and lifted their music to another level on stage. It's really not necessary for him to tour with them. Sure, I'd love to see him, and Bill, do something with them for the 60th. But that most likely won't happen. The 50th reunion didn't go well for Bill, and like I said, nobody knows what's going on with Mick T. Good health to them both.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 27, 2022 06:31

L.A. #2 in 2013 was a superior show on many levels, and the inclusion of Sway in the setlist was only one of the many reasons why.
Mick Taylor shined brightly as did all of them, but obviously none of them were the same as they were decades earlier in the early '70's.
Still, that entire tour was one for the ages thanks to the inclusion of MT, and without him they've proven they're a much lesser of a band.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: February 27, 2022 16:52

24FPS
ProfessorWolf
Hairball
It would be nice if MT was at least invited to attend one of the upcoming 60th anniversary show - even as a VIP guest with special pass, and all the perks that come with it.
And speaking of Perks, what about Bill? Will he be included in some way, or will the Stones attempt to completely erase/delete him from their history?
Now that Charlie has sadly passed, seems a good time to mend some of the bad vibes and animosity amongst all living band members before it's too late.

well bill was at charlie's memorial with the rest of them

I don't think they keep Bill away. Airbrushing is probably due to legal arrangements between them and the band. Bottom line is Bill gets paid if he's part of the lineup for their live vault releases. He said it himself. He's probably erased from t-shirts because they had to come to an agreement to use his likeness, and he didn't want to, or didn't like the terms. They probably can't use Brian's likeness without the okay of his estate, whomever the hell that is now. (Is his sister gone too?)

Nobody, absolutely nobody knows why Mick T. has gone into hiding. He doesn't even play gigs. I hope it's because he made a bundle touring with them, or enough to let him retire. He's obviously not taken care of his health. He didn't even physically resemble the Mick Taylor who left the band in 1974. He doesn't seem to live lavishly, so maybe it's enough.

I got to attend the first show in 2013, in Los Angeles. Mick Taylor played. To be honest I couldn't discern what he contributed. It certainly wasn't the genius who soared with them from '69 to '74, and lifted their music to another level on stage. It's really not necessary for him to tour with them. Sure, I'd love to see him, and Bill, do something with them for the 60th. But that most likely won't happen. The 50th reunion didn't go well for Bill, and like I said, nobody knows what's going on with Mick T. Good health to them both.
He played great at Glastonbury, including his great solo in Can’t You Hear Me Knocking.His playing didn’t sound like 1973 in some of the shows in 2013, maybe because Keith didn’t play in 2013 like he did in 1973.Taylor in 1973 was playing off Keith, who in1973 was the engine driving the band.In 2013 he was not that engine

Date: February 27, 2022 17:13

Keith wasn't the engine he used to be on MR in 2013? What do you mean?

Date: February 27, 2022 18:00

He was not.Please isolate his guitar from Wood and Taylor and tell me he played as great as he did in1973

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-27 18:01 by Taylor1.

Date: February 27, 2022 19:16

Taylor1
He was not.Please isolate his guitar from Wood and Taylor and tell me he played as great as he did in1973

My point was that he plays more or less the same on that song in particular, compared to many other songs. Hence, Taylor not playing on his earlier level, just because Keith's playing has deteriorated is a bit off. After all, MR was mostly what he played on.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: March 30, 2022 10:42

This title will be released on April 8, 2022.

2 CD Set / 5 Previously Unreleased Tracks: Pair all-time great blues-rock guitarist Mick Taylor with roots-rock chanteuse Carla Olson, throw in band members like Ian McLagan (ex-Faces), Barry Goldberg (ex-Electric Flag) and harmonica whiz John Luke Logan, and you had one explosive combo. This deluxe reissue expands their 1990 live at the Roxy album with a number of tracks from Carla's various studio albums, all of 'em featuring Mick and all of 'em long out-of-print. We even unearthed an unreleased cut, an alternate version of 'Winter' that's over twice as long as the Rolling Stones' version on 'Goat s Head Soup' with much Mick guitar solo magic, and the rare, Japan-only track 'You Gotta Move' to up the temperature. And Stones fans wait 'til you hear the 7- minute version of 'Sway' (the original on Sticky Fingers faded out at 3:50 just when Mick was taking off)!

Disc 1
1 Never Wanted To Try
2 Remember That Moon
3 Who Put The Sting On The
Honeybee
4 Slow Rollin’ Train
5 Trying To Hold On
6 Rubies & Diamonds
7 See The Light
8 You Can’t Move In
9 Broken Hands
10 Sway
11 Hartley Quits
12 Midnight Mission
13 Silver Train

Disc 2
1 Remember That Moon *
2 Rubies & Diamonds *
3 See The Light *
4 Sway *
5 You Gotta Move
6 Justice
7 Within An Ace
8 The Ring Of Truth
9 Winter *
10 Ventilator Blues
11 Think I’m Goin’ Mad
12 Sway

[www.amazon.com]

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: March 30, 2022 15:48

Lien

2 CD Set / 5 Previously Unreleased Tracks: Pair all-time great blues-rock guitarist Mick Taylor with roots-rock chanteuse Carla Olson, throw in band members like Ian McLagan (ex-Faces), Barry Goldberg (ex-Electric Flag) and harmonica whiz John Luke Logan, and you had one explosive combo. This deluxe reissue expands their 1990 live at the Roxy album with a number of tracks from Carla's various studio albums, all of 'em featuring Mick and all of 'em long out-of-print. We even unearthed an unreleased cut, an alternate version of 'Winter' that's over twice as long as the Rolling Stones' version on 'Goat s Head Soup' with much Mick guitar solo magic, and the rare, Japan-only track 'You Gotta Move' to up the temperature. And Stones fans wait 'til you hear the 7- minute version of 'Sway' (the original on Sticky Fingers faded out at 3:50 just when Mick was taking off)!

Disc 1
1 Never Wanted To Try
2 Remember That Moon
Honeybee
4 Slow Rollin’ Train
5 Trying To Hold On
6 Rubies & Diamonds
7 See The Light
8 You Can’t Move In
9 Broken Hands
10 Sway
11 Hartley Quits
12 Midnight Mission
13 Silver Train

Disc 2
1 Remember That Moon *
2 Rubies & Diamonds *
3 See The Light *
4 Sway *
5 You Gotta Move
6 Justice
7 Within An Ace
8 The Ring Of Truth
9 Winter *
10 Ventilator Blues
11 Think I’m Goin’ Mad
12 Sway

[www.amazon.com]

Thanks! Anyone knows if this will be available on vinyl or Spotify?

Date: March 31, 2022 01:30

S.T.P
Lien

Disc 1
1 Never Wanted To Try
2 Remember That Moon
Honeybee
4 Slow Rollin’ Train
5 Trying To Hold On
6 Rubies & Diamonds
7 See The Light
8 You Can’t Move In
9 Broken Hands
10 Sway
11 Hartley Quits
12 Midnight Mission
13 Silver Train

Disc 2
1 Remember That Moon *
2 Rubies & Diamonds *
3 See The Light *
4 Sway *
5 You Gotta Move
6 Justice
7 Within An Ace
8 The Ring Of Truth
9 Winter *
10 Ventilator Blues
11 Think I’m Goin’ Mad
12 Sway

[www.amazon.com]

Is Think I’m Going Mad the Stones song?

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: March 31, 2022 02:47

Spud
Whatever the truth, It is all rather a shame really.

For the Stones to continue in their autumn years as a three guitar band...spreading the load over six aging shoulders...may have been a good and very interesting thing to see and hear.

autumn years .. more like winter, now .. but still a great band and show.

Posted by: jiggysawdust ()
Date: March 31, 2022 03:24

The previously unreleased version of “Sway” should be available tomorrow at streaming services.

Date: April 1, 2022 11:08

jiggysawdust
The previously unreleased version of “Sway” should be available tomorrow at streaming services.

Can't seem to find it anywhere yet, but looking forward to hearing it.

Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: April 1, 2022 12:11

Taylor1
S.T.P
Lien

Disc 1
1 Never Wanted To Try
2 Remember That Moon
Honeybee
4 Slow Rollin’ Train
5 Trying To Hold On
6 Rubies & Diamonds
7 See The Light
8 You Can’t Move In
9 Broken Hands
10 Sway
11 Hartley Quits
12 Midnight Mission
13 Silver Train

Disc 2
1 Remember That Moon *
2 Rubies & Diamonds *
3 See The Light *
4 Sway *
5 You Gotta Move
6 Justice
7 Within An Ace
8 The Ring Of Truth
9 Winter *
10 Ventilator Blues
11 Think I’m Goin’ Mad
12 Sway

[www.amazon.com]

Is Think I’m Going Mad the Stones song?

Yes, this and Ventilator Blues are (most likely) from this Barry Goldberg album, produced by Carla Olson:
[www.discogs.com]

And most of the tracks on the forthcoming 2-CD were previosly on the Too Hot For Snakes plus 2-CD:
[www.discogs.com]

Date: April 1, 2022 12:26

It seems strange he’d choose a relatively obscure Rolling Stones song like I the I’m going Mad to play when he didn’t play on it as a member of the Stones and it was released by the Stones years after he left the band

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-01 13:32 by Taylor1.

Date: April 1, 2022 13:11

Taylor1
It seems strange he’d choose a relatively obscure Rolling Stones song like I the no I’m going Mad to play when he didn’t play on it as a member of the Stones and it was released by the Stones years after he left the band

Most likely it was Carla who chose the song, and Mick merely played on it smiling smiley

Date: April 1, 2022 13:29

jiggysawdust

Any new info about this?

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: April 1, 2022 14:22

S.T.P
jiggysawdust

Any new info about this?

[youtu.be]

Date: April 1, 2022 14:57

Lien
S.T.P
jiggysawdust

Any new info about this?

[youtu.be]

Thank you very much!!!

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: April 1, 2022 16:23

This is great news! Thanks

Posted by: kevinkamphuis ()
Date: April 1, 2022 20:39

What a lovely mix! The drums sound so much better. It’s a pity they didn’t mix the original release like this because the released take from the other night is better.

Anyway great to hear this!

Posted by: gustavobala ()
Date: April 1, 2022 22:49

i like MT-carla olson years

Posted by: gustavobala ()
Date: April 1, 2022 22:54

MT, carla, ian mac lagan and ernie watts, cool

Posted by: jiggysawdust ()
Date: April 3, 2022 00:56

video: [youtu.be]

It’s available on YouTube.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-03 01:00 by jiggysawdust.

Date: April 3, 2022 01:10

------

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: April 3, 2022 01:14

Hairball
L.A. #2 in 2013 was a superior show on many levels, and the inclusion of Sway in the setlist was only one of the many reasons why.
Mick Taylor shined brightly as did all of them, but obviously none of them were the same as they were decades earlier in the early '70's.
Still, that entire tour was one for the ages thanks to the inclusion of MT, and without him they've proven they're a much lesser of a band.

Funny with all this praise for M. Taylor during 2013-2014. Nice to see him, but come on, he didn’t add anything really.

Date: April 3, 2022 01:24

bobo
Hairball

Funny with all this praise for M. Taylor during 2013-2014. Nice to see him, but come on, he didn’t add anything really.
Really?Its kind of hard to add anything when you are allowed one song a gig most of the time.His playing on Can’t You Hear Me Knocking at Glastonbury and several Midnight Ramblers were highlights of that tour

Date: April 3, 2022 02:53

bobo
Hairball

Funny - I had to look twice because I thought your reply was written by bozo as in Bozo the Clown.
The fact is, the little amount of time MT was allowed to perform on stage each stop of the tour - specifically Midnight Rambler, CYHMK, and Sway - he completely stole the show.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: April 3, 2022 09:37

Pretty good stuff by Mick T on the Talk is cheap bonus disc

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: April 4, 2022 16:09

TheflyingDutchman
They should copy and paste Taylor's solo into a Rolling Stones backing track, or at least Jagger and Richards. Olson cannot sing and a mediocre guitarist at best. Horrible actually.

I like her voice. Much better than Keith Richards or Ron Wood actually.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: April 4, 2022 16:11

I’m not sure why they don’t release both shows. There’s a version of Rocks Off where Taylor plays an extended solo.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...276277278279280281282283284285286...LastNext
Current Page: 281 of 307

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1801
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home