Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...275276277278279280281282283284285...LastNext
Current Page: 280 of 307
Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: February 2, 2022 20:25

JDSAM1994
mpj200
Read again. His bird. He has nobody to blame but himself.

JDSAM1994
mpj200
MT made bad choices that cost him many opportunities. He listened to the wrong person. His bird.

List the bad choices, lost opportunities, and who he listened to

Once again lack of details or context.

He and his girlfriend/manager went with a list of demands ($$) among other things back in 2014/15, Jagger kicked them out of the band.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: February 3, 2022 01:25

where did you hear this?

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: February 3, 2022 02:29

ProfessorWolf
where did you hear this?

It was posted here a couple of years ago but I first heard the rumour back in 2016 by a good source, then again in 2019 by another one, Jagger was very pissed off so don't expect him near the Stones...ever again.

Date: February 3, 2022 04:12

well if thats what happened it sure would explain why he stopped touring with them after 2014

and would really put a wrench in the "bring taylor back" crowds hopes

maybe more so then his retirement

you don't f-ck with mick and money it seems

have you heard anymore details about what went down?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-03 04:16 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: February 3, 2022 04:21

Jagger is worth at least a half billion dollars.Why would he get angry for Taylor asking for money.Taylor strikes me as very reasonable.Even if he asked for more than Mick wanted to give him why would he get so angry.It’s just business.It makes more sense to me that Jagger feels Taylor doesn’t fit into the concept of the bandanymore.Keith is not up for fast playing or jams anymore.Taylor musically doesn’t fit in anymore.

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: February 3, 2022 10:05

He is not only not getting any more money much less stage appearances, but he will be getting the brushed out punishment.

I just cannot understand how adults, hell even seniors, won't get over some minor troubles. Just like Waters and Gilmour.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 3, 2022 12:45

mpj200
MT made bad choices that cost him many opportunities. He listened to the wrong person. His bird.

He doesn't seem to be a lad who learns from his mistakes...Back in 74 didn't Rose play a part in his departure from the band?

Posted by: JDSAM1994 ()
Date: February 3, 2022 14:24

I’ve talked directly to his GF many times in the past. Based on that, I’m not going to believe some rumor posted on here years ago. No need to play too much he said she said. But I heard what made Jagger mad is when Keith told MT in 2014 to come out secretly for slipping away without the official nod from Brenda

It’s not like Taylor had any song writing influence on their best albums, he should just settle for $10 an hour

Date: February 3, 2022 15:24

You only know what's really going on when you talk to Mick Taylor himself. Good luck with that. The rest is second hand, no matter who or what.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-03 15:25 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 3, 2022 15:33

JDSAM1994

It’s not like Taylor had any song writing influence on their best albums, he should just settle for $10 an hour

Well, I suppose taking how little played, I suggest he might have been one of the best paid side musicians on earth per minute those years he toured with the Stones. And after the guest stint he seemed to have retired, so I guess he earned a pretty nice sum with the Stones. At least he doesn't appear to play anymore in those clubs all over Europe like he did before the Stones cameo.

'He said she said', but of course there always is Brenda to blame...

- Doxa

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: February 3, 2022 17:04

Whatever the truth, It is all rather a shame really.

For the Stones to continue in their autumn years as a three guitar band...spreading the load over six aging shoulders...may have been a good and very interesting thing to see and hear.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: February 3, 2022 17:35

JDSAM1994
But I heard what made Jagger mad is when Keith told MT in 2014 to come out secretly for slipping away without the official nod from Brenda

This is very hard to believe: I don't think that Keith meeds Mick's permission if he wants to invite someone on stage during his own set. And I am absolutely sure that Mick couldn't care less had Keith asked him.

As a matter of fact Mick Taylor played on all the Slipping Aways that were performed in 2014. Slipping Away was played during the first leg of the 2014 tour in Asia, two full legs followed with Mick Taylor on board (Summer in Europe then Australia).

C

Date: February 3, 2022 17:58

liddas
JDSAM1994
But I heard what made Jagger mad is when Keith told MT in 2014 to come out secretly for slipping away without the official nod from Brenda

This is very hard to believe: I don't think that Keith meeds Mick's permission if he wants to invite someone on stage during his own set. And I am absolutely sure that Mick couldn't care less had Keith asked him.

As a matter of fact Mick Taylor played on all the Slipping Aways that were performed in 2014. Slipping Away was played during the first leg of the 2014 tour in Asia, two full legs followed with Mick Taylor on board (Summer in Europe then Australia).

C

He also played on Streets Of Love, didn't he?

Posted by: JDSAM1994 ()
Date: February 3, 2022 18:11

Maybe it wasn’t slipping away, but one of the slow Keith songs and I think the main detail was permission. Keith has been asked if he supports a Taylor full return; he said something like “I’d love to open the door but I’ve lost the key” sounds like the key is Mick

Best moment of my life was Mick Taylor coming out for Sway in Chicago 6/3/13
Still hold the ticket in my wallet to this day. Was literally a dream come true.

Date: February 3, 2022 18:14

DandelionPowderman
liddas
JDSAM1994

C

At least once, in Rome. I was there, and, keep it for your self, found it a really great performance ...

C

Date: February 3, 2022 18:30

JDSAM1994
Maybe it wasn’t slipping away, but one of the slow Keith songs and I think the main detail was permission. Keith has been asked if he supports a Taylor full return; he said something like “I’d love to open the door but I’ve lost the key” sounds like the key is Mick

If I am not wrong, Taylor played with Keith only on Slipping Away. And what Keith said, could mean anything, really. Naa, I think that we will never know what really happened between the Stones and Taylor.

C

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 3, 2022 18:49

Taylor1
Jagger is worth at least a half billion dollars. Why would he get angry for Taylor asking for money.

Sounds like GF-cum-manager "reasoning" to me! grinning smiley
Like : "well we agreed on 50K per show [N.B. : fictitious sum] but hey these guys are filthy rich so if we twist their arm mid-tour they'll easily cough out double".

Apparently the 2012-14 tour venture gave Mick an ample opportunity to meditate the Jewish saying : "a good deed never gets unpunished".

Date: February 3, 2022 18:50

liddas
DandelionPowderman
liddas
JDSAM1994

C

At least once, in Rome. I was there, and, keep it for your self, found it a really great performance ...

C

All the live versions were good, imo smiling smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 4, 2022 11:29

JDSAM1994
I’ve talked directly to his GF many times in the past. Based on that, I’m not going to believe some rumor posted on here years ago. No need to play too much he said she said. But I heard what made Jagger mad is when Keith told MT in 2014 to come out secretly for slipping away without the official nod from Brenda

The first time that happened was at the Bondy concert for fans at the end of the rehearsals and it seems it was a "spur of the moment" kinda thing. Maybe Keith felt bad about having Taylor sitting there doing nothing with fans in close attendance. I don't remember anyone mentioning that Mick was pissed at the time ?

Also the reason Taylor played on Streets of Love is that they first rehearsed it in Bondy when Keith had to fly back to London (on a Friday if memory serves) to see his newly born grand child. Another "spur of the moment" thing it seems.

There are all these "theories" on Mick organizing everything but a lot of what happens with/around the Stones has been pretty "spontaneous" over the years it seems.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: February 4, 2022 13:29

I think that Bill Wyman nailed it perfectly: "It's like going back to your ex. It doesn't work".

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: February 5, 2022 16:22

Right George. His bird. Very controlling. Not just with the band, but with Mick too. She took away his passport back about 7 years ago. And yes, he managed to get himself in a bad situation with Mick.

Posted by: smokeydusky ()
Date: February 5, 2022 22:22

A nice development, but unfortunately still no official release of Rocks Off or Clean Cut Kid from the first show that night.

Date: February 6, 2022 00:13

mpj200
Right George. His bird. Very controlling. Not just with the band, but with Mick too. She took away his passport back about 7 years ago. And yes, he managed to get himself in a bad situation with Mick.

Taylor is free to choose who or what he wants. He's responsible for his own decisions. No one else.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 6, 2022 18:08

"And yes, he managed to get himself in a bad situation with Mick."

How so ? By asking for more money after the 2014 tour ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: February 10, 2022 05:17

I have often wished someone would produce a few shows in a few choice cities and really hype the shows. Ask Lisa Fischer
to do vocals. There are many Stones fans that would enjoy hearing his guitar magic with the fierce vocals of Lisa Fischer. He did this with Carla Olsen that really isn't a strong singer.I heard Lisa do Gimme Shelter with Band 2 and the audience went went wild.I wonder how that would have sounded if MT played.Just a thought.

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: February 10, 2022 06:07

It went well beyond the Stones, mate.

gotdablouse
"And yes, he managed to get himself in a bad situation with Mick."

How so ? By asking for more money after the 2014 tour ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-10 07:28 by mpj200.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: February 10, 2022 17:36

Mick Taylor playing nice guitar:video: [youtu.be]

Date: February 26, 2022 23:09

Kleermaker strikes again, improved quality. 100 years ago.
Thanks Kees.thumbs up

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 27, 2022 03:00

It would be nice if MT was at least invited to attend one of the upcoming 60th anniversary show - even as a VIP guest with special pass, and all the perks that come with it.
And speaking of Perks, what about Bill? Will he be included in some way, or will the Stones attempt to completely erase/delete him from their history?
Now that Charlie has sadly passed, seems a good time to mend some of the bad vibes and animosity amongst all living band members before it's too late.

Date: February 27, 2022 05:17

Hairball
It would be nice if MT was at least invited to attend one of the upcoming 60th anniversary show - even as a VIP guest with special pass, and all the perks that come with it.
And speaking of Perks, what about Bill? Will he be included in some way, or will the Stones attempt to completely erase/delete him from their history?
Now that Charlie has sadly passed, seems a good time to mend some of the bad vibes and animosity amongst all living band members before it's too late.

well bill was at charlie's memorial with the rest of them

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...275276277278279280281282283284285...LastNext
Current Page: 280 of 307

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1960
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home