Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...273274275276277278279280281282283...LastNext
Current Page: 278 of 307
Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: December 27, 2021 21:50

If Mick Taylor could be convinced to be a part of the band for a 60th anniversary would be so right. To have 4 living Rolling Stones on the same stage making music again would be amazing. Having MT play only on the songs he originally made great and not just one song.I would rather hear and see an original Stone and not a flurry of guests. Bill said he would mever fly again and I doubt Mick or Keith would drop Darryl. Maybe they would. Keih, Ronnie,and Taylor play bass. They could make this last tour musically incredible if MT joined for this 60th.They really have nothing to prove. Just make great live music again

Date: December 27, 2021 22:34

Forget it. The musical chemistry between Taylor and the Stones had gone in 2014 already.

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: December 27, 2021 23:21

We Never Forget

Brave new world.

Meanwhile ..... Mick Fleetwood in for last few gigs.

And why keep Darryl for those? He"s a session player and a hired hand.

I totally agree about bass-swapping roles in absence of real Brit r'n'b bassist.

Meanwhile .... we all hope Taylor is ok and all wish him good health -

- is what's on my mind right now.

Date: December 27, 2021 23:29

TheflyingDutchman
Forget it. The musical chemistry between Taylor and the Stones had gone in 2014 already.

Hmm..

The audience response to his playing would mot agree but he was relegated to 2 songs. I have comments that Keith wanted him to return. Keith gave him the solo on Satisfaction in San Jose and was great. After that he played acoustic on Satisfaction. Lol.

Posted by: skytrench ()
Date: December 28, 2021 00:32

Taylor's been AWOL for long, it would be surprising if he returned. Does he still play the guitar?

Date: December 28, 2021 00:40

PhillyFAN
TheflyingDutchman

Hmm..

The audience response to his playing would mot agree but he was relegated to 2 songs. I have comments that Keith wanted him to return. Keith gave him the solo on Satisfaction in San Jose and was great. After that he played acoustic on Satisfaction. Lol.

The only answer I can bring up is that Taylor had no competition when it comes to playing lead guitar.The Stones were a nostalgia act already.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: December 28, 2021 03:30

That shipped sailed along time ago.At Glastonbury he was great, but at their collective ages it would only be nostalgia.When Bill left in 1993, Iwish they’d let him rejoin. In the studio the bass could have been divided up amongst the three Stones. On stage on the Ron Wood Songs Taylor could play bass and visa versa.On the Brian Jones songs they could split them up as well

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-28 13:38 by Taylor1.

Posted by: Meryl03 ()
Date: December 28, 2021 03:51

Does anyone know if he's ok?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 28, 2021 04:50

PhillyFAN
If Mick Taylor could be convinced to be a part of the band for a 60th anniversary would be so right. To have 4 living Rolling Stones on the same stage making music again would be amazing. Having MT play only on the songs he originally made great and not just one song.I would rather hear and see an original Stone and not a flurry of guests. Bill said he would mever fly again and I doubt Mick or Keith would drop Darryl. Maybe they would. Keih, Ronnie,and Taylor play bass. They could make this last tour musically incredible if MT joined for this 60th.They really have nothing to prove. Just make great live music again

They proved they were better with Taylor during the 50 and Counting Tour, and they can prove it again to the naysayers who seem to think the chemistry wasn't there.
But who knows what he would think if invited though ...maybe he'd refuse and say the Stones are no more now that Charlie has passed.

Date: December 28, 2021 14:16

Taylor1
That shipped sailed along time ago.At Glastonbury he was great, but at their collective ages it would only be nostalgia.When Bill left in 1993, Iwish they’d let him rejoin. In the studio the bass could have been divided up amongst the three Stones. On stage on the Ron Wood Songs Taylor could play bass and visa versa.On the Brian Jones songs they could split them up as well

Bill Wyman nailed it perfectly: "It's like going back to your ex. It doesn't work".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-28 14:17 by TheflyingDutchman.

Date: December 28, 2021 14:46

Hairball

They proved they were better with Taylor during the 50 and Counting Tour, and they can prove it again to the naysayers who seem to think the chemistry wasn't there.

I am not a naysayer. I don't think when it comes to latter-day Stones concerts. I listen.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-28 14:54 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: rollingrichard ()
Date: December 28, 2021 14:56

Meryl03

I saw him in July biking around, not on a sportsbike, but just a normal Dutch bike. He passed in front of my car, he was looking OK.

Date: December 29, 2021 02:21

rollingrichard
Meryl03

I saw him in July biking around, not on a sportsbike, but just a normal Dutch bike. He passed in front of my car, he was looking OK.
That sounds like encouraging news that he is riding his bike.Getting in shape for next year’s tour

Posted by: rollingrichard ()
Date: December 29, 2021 17:02

It was a beautiful sunday, and he was enjoying the ride and the calm, on his own. Just stretching his legs, and enjoying the sun.
Nobody is expecting him or looking for him .And he is not well known by the people either, in Holland. Totally unknown.

Don't think he needs much shape for getting on stage. He only has to stand straight up. And he might sit down, if he wants to.

Posted by: Reagan ()
Date: December 29, 2021 21:09

rollingrichard
It was a beautiful sunday, and he was enjoying the ride and the calm, on his own. Just stretching his legs, and enjoying the sun.

That's awesome. May he continue to enjoy life in good health in 2022!

-R

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 29, 2021 21:25

rollingrichard
Nobody is expecting him or looking for him .And he is not well known by the people either, in Holland. Totally unknown.

Don't think he needs much shape for getting on stage. He only has to stand straight up. And he might sit down, if he wants to.

Going to his knees during Rambler, with Keith and Ronnie following suit was a highlight..
Vegas show.. not certain it was repeated, although Rambler was always epic during that run.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: December 29, 2021 22:53

TheflyingDutchman
Hairball

I am not a naysayer. I don't think when it comes to latter-day Stones concerts. I listen.

Yes. It's easy to get carried away by the sheer sight of the Stones "reuniting" with Taylor, but if one actually listens, it becomes clear that the chemistry just wasn't there. For whatever reason, he almost always sounded like an add-on instead of an integral part of the band. Furthermore, his solos often lacked the melodic sense he is known for to be able to really lift the band performance to another level, a few (very few) exceptions like Glastonbury notwithstanding. I was and still am disappointed. Maybe I expected too much.

Date: December 30, 2021 01:26

I attended (and listened to) six shows that tour, and the chemistry was there at all of them - especially the second L.A. Staples show where he played on four tunes.
He played better than he did at his solo show at the 100 Club in 2003, and just as good as he did at the Bluesbreakers reunion in 1982 - both of which I attended.
Maybe a few people were expecting too much and hoping for miracles during the reunion tour, but most people in attendance were highly appreciative and in awe.
Sure it wasn't the same c.72 chemistry (how could it be?), but the chemistry was there, and the band were way better because of his presence than they are without him.

Date: December 30, 2021 02:02

So odd.. some posters always attend the best shows of the tour.. uncanny really.
And the people around them are always in awe as well. Really strange.

Next tour, I advise everyone to wait on planning their trips until theses incredibly, unbelievably winking smiley, fortunate people announce their plans.

Meanwhile, people around me where mostly like.. who's that again?
Lol..

Was a bit of a treat.. similar to other guest stars on that leg.

Date: December 30, 2021 02:03

Lol.

Date: December 30, 2021 02:26

With performances like this, it's no wonder Keith wanted to do more shows with Mick Taylor the following tour:

And both Charlie and Mick have said their best years musically were with Mick Taylor during the classic golden era (c.'69-'74)- a glimpse of which can be seen in the Anaheim 2013 reunion clip above.
By the reactions of Keith, Mick, and Ronnie, clearly evident he elevates them to a much higher level.thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-30 02:28 by Hairball.

Date: December 30, 2021 02:27

Lol

Date: December 30, 2021 02:51

Taylor’s guitar work on Glastonbury Can’t You Hear Me Knocking is as great as anything Wood or Richards have done since 1975.I was not at any of the Taylor shows, but any flat performances with Taylor are attributed as much from Keith’s performance as his.For men in their 60s and 70s they all played pretty dam good.But from what I have seen from the YouTube videos the songs with Taylor were as good and sometimes better than the ones he didn’t play on. I would bet had he been allowed to play whole shows for the tour, he would have knocked off any rust. Keith always says the band plays much better at the end of the tour rather than the beginning.Playing whole shows in a row would have knocked off the rust and given him the necessary time to mesh with the band

Date: December 30, 2021 03:05

If Keith would have had his way to keep Taylor for more future shows...one can only imagine...what if...
MT might have even inspired them to have a new studio album finished by now.

Date: December 30, 2021 04:28

Hairball
If Keith would have had his way to keep Taylor for more future shows...one can only imagine...what if...
MT might have even inspired them to have a new studio album finished by now.

Who says it is not finished? It's just not released by now. 60th Anniversary is not now, but just around the corner... next year.

Date: December 30, 2021 04:35

I believe Mick and/or Keith had said there needs to be more work done after the tour.
But another way to look at it is MT might have inspired them to have a new studio album released by now. Even Charlie thought the album should have been finished/released several years ago.
Would be amazing to have a new Stones album that features Charlie, Mick Taylor, and even Bill on a track or two - for old times sake.

Date: January 1, 2022 23:07

I am simply a fan. Been one since 1969 and saw them live in Philly when Taylor was in rhe band..It was amazing. I wish fans that have never seen that version of the band could have. They were absolutely amazing. No bells, no whistles, no video screens or light shows. Just the music amd the music mattered. Taylor and Richards were incredible.At the tome no other band could vomw close. Yes, I hope MT would he asked to rejoin. I hope he would even want to play again. With proper reherasels je could play entire concerrts. At this age and a 60th anniversary I beleive the music really should matter.

Date: January 2, 2022 21:29

Yes Phillyfan - the world would be a much better place if Mick Taylor was involved with the Stones again.
A couple of special 60th anniversary shows....hope it happens...thumbs up

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 3, 2022 04:25

TheflyingDutchman
Taylor1

Bill Wyman nailed it perfectly: "It's like going back to your ex. It doesn't work".

I don't think it worked live, where egos were on display. But I'll bet those rehearsals beforehand were pretty good.

Date: January 3, 2022 04:47

24FPS
TheflyingDutchman
Taylor1

I don't think it worked live, where egos were on display. But I'll bet those rehearsals beforehand were pretty good.

Didn't Bill state that there weren't any?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...273274275276277278279280281282283...LastNext
Current Page: 278 of 307

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1078
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home