Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...270271272273274275276277278279280...LastNext
Current Page: 275 of 307
Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: July 21, 2021 19:17

Scorching Satisfaction solo from LA Forum 1969. Start at 2:00.
This man was no joke.

[youtu.be]

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: July 24, 2021 19:20

[www.youtube.com]

Band line-up:
Bob Dylan (vocal & guitar), Mick Taylor (guitar), Ian McLagan (keyboards), Greg Sutton (bass), Colin Allen (drums).

Bob Dylan - Enough Is Enough (live 1984)
Enough Is Enough by Bob Dylan live performed at Parc de Sceaux, Paris, France on July 1, 1984.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: July 24, 2021 20:22

OpenG
[www.youtube.com]

Band line-up:
Bob Dylan (vocal & guitar), Mick Taylor (guitar), Ian McLagan (keyboards), Greg Sutton (bass), Colin Allen (drums).

Bob Dylan - Enough Is Enough (live 1984)
Enough Is Enough by Bob Dylan live performed at Parc de Sceaux, Paris, France on July 1, 1984.

Just heard this the other day! Great stuff!

Date: July 24, 2021 22:03

[www.youtube.com]

Mick Taylor Live in Toronto Nov 5th 1990

If anyone listens and has time to watch go to red house at 29.53 great camera work and fretwork by MT.

Date: July 24, 2021 23:23

OpenG
[www.youtube.com]

Mick Taylor Live in Toronto Nov 5th 1990

If anyone listens and has time to watch go to red house at 29.53 great camera work and fretwork by MT.

Taylor didn't give a shit about presentation but played great here.
For some strange reason he cared about presentation but didn't give a shit about playing with the Stones last time. Funny ways.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 26, 2021 00:58

I'm listening to SFM from Brussels 73 right now and I really can't grasp that this is what the Taylor fans obsess about. Whenever Taylor really stands out it doesn't seem to enhance the song at all. To me it sounds awkward, as if he hasn't got anything but gotta come up with something. Keith said he has this "way of reading a song" but this seems more like the exact opposite. He has to be oblivious to the song to play that sort of licks. The song ends in a crescending frenzy and he goes along with that alright, but Keith is totally in charge there and I guess he could have done all kinds of distracting playing and would have gotten away with it. This might widen the bands appeal to people who enjoy listening to Led Zeppelin boots but it's superfluous for the Stones essence.

Date: July 26, 2021 01:09

I get that he's technically the best of them but his way of playing evokes an idea of embroidery. Not in the way that he's embroidering the pillowcase that is the Stones sound but literal embroidery work. The image of him with a needle in hand stitching and pulling the yarn through. I see why people also call it noodling.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: July 26, 2021 02:04

Nikkei
I'm listening to SFM from Brussels 73 right now and I really can't grasp that this is what the Taylor fans obsess about. Whenever Taylor really stands out it doesn't seem to enhance the song at all. To me it sounds awkward, as if he hasn't got anything but gotta come up with something. Keith said he has this "way of reading a song" but this seems more like the exact opposite. He has to be oblivious to the song to play that sort of licks. The song ends in a crescending frenzy and he goes along with that alright, but Keith is totally in charge there and I guess he could have done all kinds of distracting playing and would have gotten away with it. This might widen the bands appeal to people who enjoy listening to Led Zeppelin boots but it's superfluous for the Stones essence.
Everything Taylor did was enhance the song.The live Street Fighting Man performances from 1972-1973 like Brussels are the most powerful,energetic ,and ferocious performances of their career.Nothing ever topped it.

Date: July 26, 2021 02:09

Powerful, energetic, ferocious thanks to Keith

Date: July 26, 2021 02:32

Nikkei
Powerful, energetic, ferocious thanks to Keith
Everyone is entitled to their opinion.Bill Wyman said the Stones were at their peak live with Taylor.Wyman said Taylor played great.Ditto Charlie.Mick Jagger said in 1995 a lot of people thought the Taylor Stones was the best version of the band.When asked if he thought that he did not deny it.

Date: July 26, 2021 14:07

Nikkei

Between 1969 and 1974 Mick Taylor was my favourite Rolling Stones guitarist. However, the entire band was in charge, on stage in particular.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-26 21:24 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: July 26, 2021 18:28

Nikkei

You’re nuts. The counter riff he starts at 0:28 and builds into counterpoint on Jagger’s vocals is amazing. Taylor is always playing off of somebody, I’d try listening a little more intently if I were you. The end is a good old fashioned rave-up to end the show.

Date: July 28, 2021 00:59

[www.youtube.com]

Mick Taylor and Buddy Guy jamming at the Beacon.

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: July 29, 2021 00:19

Carla Olsen with MT soaring version of Sway. Weak vocals tho.

[youtu.be]

Date: August 2, 2021 22:08

[www.youtube.com]

Adam Bomb Heaven Come to Me

MT solo, Nicky Hopkins on piano.

[www.youtube.com]

Adam Bomb - MacDougal Street

MT on slide at 2.12 he appears on video.

Date: August 3, 2021 00:51

[www.youtube.com]

Lost At Sea - Jim Lacey-Baker (words & music) Produced by Mick Taylor

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: August 5, 2021 10:02

Testify
MingSubu
Well it is a business and the show must go on.
Not at any cost! We are not talking about a band in its infancy, but a band that if it plays again it will only be a miracle!
Neither Mick nor Keith nor Charlie are considering touring without Wood, it's just a question of respect.

thumbs up

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: August 5, 2021 16:04

Nikkei

I feel for you Nikkei..... We can't all have good taste.

Date: August 5, 2021 22:24

I am hoping one day footage of the GHS sessions in Jamaica turns up with MJ laying down the vocals on Winter and Mick Taylor's solo. 2022 is most likely final live tour and then they release stuff from the vaults.

Date: August 8, 2021 22:28

[www.youtube.com]

Todd Sharpville feat. Mick Taylor - Heart and Soul - live Lorsch 2002 - Underground Live TV

Date: August 8, 2021 22:42

OpenG
I am hoping one day footage of the GHS sessions in Jamaica turns up with MJ laying down the vocals on Winter and Mick Taylor's solo. 2022 is most likely final live tour and then they release stuff from the vaults.
Idlike to hear any alternate takes from the Let it Bleed sessions that have Taylor , Brian and Ry Cooder on guitar if they exist

Date: August 10, 2021 17:49

Quote from melody maker by Clapton. MT playing was frighting as clapton says sort of like the first time they all saw Jimi Hendrix in England

By this time, Taylor’s reputation as a lead guitarist was spreading, presenting him with more recognition – and opportunities. In November of ’69, Clapton told Melody Maker, “I saw John Mayall in America, and we jammed… Mick Taylor is very good – frightening.” Further session work came in the form of accompanying pianist Champion Jack Dupree on a few tracks for Scooby Dooby Doo, as well as a single recorded by the Irish singer/songwriter Jonathan Kelly. “Make A Stranger Your Friend” featured Taylor along with a cast of thousands, most notably Beatles’ associate Klaus Voorman on bass and guitarist Albert Hammond.

Mick Taylor - one of the best guitar players of all time AND one book about him?
Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: August 9, 2021 14:29

At least what I found in Amazon is one book about Mick Taylor? Not the Stones but the person himself?

Re: Mick Taylor - one of the best guitar players of all time AND one book about him?
Date: August 9, 2021 14:40

A book about Mick Taylor the guitarist on Amazon? Please enlighten me.

Re: Mick Taylor - one of the best guitar players of all time AND one book about him?
Date: August 9, 2021 14:41

It's a coloring book smiling smiley

[www.amazon.com]

Date: August 9, 2021 14:46

DandelionPowderman

[www.amazon.com]

Okay, even that!

Could somebody make a real book about him! He deserves it. He has had unique style and unique skills especially when he was younger.

He is clearly an underrated player outside of the hardcore Stones' fan community.

Date: August 9, 2021 17:11

DandelionPowderman

[www.amazon.com]

cool smiley

Date: August 9, 2021 17:56

And some real good tv-documentary about him also would be real nice. Thanks! I don't know if he is too modest personality for the music business or why no one seems to be interested of doing anything about him?

Date: August 9, 2021 18:56

[www.youtube.com]

here is part 1 - there are 6 parts if i remember correctly out on YT.

On the road with Mick Taylor (Part 1)

Date: August 9, 2021 18:59

OpenG
[www.youtube.com]

here is part 1 - there are 6 parts if i remember correctly out on YT.

On the road with Mick Taylor (Part 1)

thumbs up

Part six I have been searching for years already.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...270271272273274275276277278279280...LastNext
Current Page: 275 of 307

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1621
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home