Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...265266267268269270271272273274275...LastNext
Current Page: 270 of 307
Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: wavelength ()
Date: June 20, 2021 22:05

I doubt the RS will just bow out silently. They will do some kind of farewell gig(s) and bring out Ron Wood for a song or two. (The Faces brought out Ronnie Lane in a wheelchair for a final good-bye.)

A re-unite with MT is out of the question from the RS point of view. He is the past. MT hasn't played in years and I would question whether he is in good enough shape to do so. He also burned his bridges with the RS after the last stint.

Their eminent mortality makes all of ours more real. At least for us earlier fans.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-20 23:09 by wavelength.

Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: June 20, 2021 22:28

wavelength
I doubt the RS will just bow out silently. They will do some kind of farewell gig(s) and bring out Ron Wood for a song or two. (The Faces brought out Ronnie Lane in a wheelchair for a final good-bye.)

A re-unite with MT is out of the question from the RS point of view. He is the past. MT hasn't played in years and I would question whether he is in good enough shape to do so. He also burned his bridges with the RS after the last stint.

Their eminent mortality makes all of ours more real. At least for their earlier fans.

Ronnie can’t play any longer? Must’ve missed that story. Who is his replacement?

Date: June 20, 2021 22:58

NashvilleBlues
wavelength

Their eminent mortality makes all of ours more real. At least for their earlier fans.

Ronnie can’t play any longer? Must’ve missed that story. Who is his replacement?

Nothing wrong with his playing. He had cancer, not a lobotomy.

[mobile.twitter.com]

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: June 21, 2021 01:45

MingSubu
Well it is a business and the show must go on.

The Who have that attitude, only two original members now.

I hope Ronnie is well enough to continue but if he wants to spend precious time with his family now that's understandable, but if Mick , Keith and Charlie want to continue i don't think it's immoral.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-21 01:48 by Rocktiludrop.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: June 21, 2021 02:17

DandelionPowderman
NashvilleBlues
wavelength

[mobile.twitter.com]
. With all due respect The Rolling Stones have been living in the past the last 23 years.One new studio album with their songs, and most of the songs they have played live in that period are 40 years old

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: June 21, 2021 02:27

wavelength

Their eminent mortality makes all of ours more real. At least for us earlier fans.

Sorry, I must have missed how MT “burned his bridges with the his last stint”, so I can’t really comment. However, I guess there was a bit of drama from MT or his management regarding the use of his likeness (images). Anyway, my assumption was MT would be first on the list to step in for Ronnie if Ronnie could not tour for a health reason. Certainly the Stones
management would have made some sort of contingency plans to insure the
tour would continue.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: June 21, 2021 02:28

Sorry but I find some surreal posts, Ronnie has had cancer and it's not the first time, Charlie has also had cancer, right now the most active seems to be Ronnie, at least that's what you see the most these days, between photos and videos of him with the guitar in his hand. How's Charlie? I hope well, Mick has seen it well in the last public releases, Keith I hope well even if you don't see much.
If Ronnie needs more time they'll give it to him like they always have between them, they've never left anyone behind. Whoever is no longer in the band is because of his decision, not the fault of the band.
From the news I have Ronnie is fine ...

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: June 21, 2021 03:35

How Live With Me. (I think his first Stones studio track but would like to know for sure how the guitars went down on
"Live With Me," because that's one of the most amazing things I've ever experienced.
AND recently.
As well as when it came out.
Because I'm an old fan.
A symphony of Taylor observations but
That's the Heaviest Slamming, Rock and Roll thing ever. To this day. IMO

Date: June 21, 2021 08:14

Taylor1
DandelionPowderman
NashvilleBlues
wavelength

[mobile.twitter.com]

With all due respect The Rolling Stones have been living in the past the last 23 years.One new studio album with their songs, and most of the songs they have played live in that period are 40 years old

Why has that anything to do with what I wrote?

Date: June 21, 2021 12:09

swimtothemoon

Sorry, I must have missed how MT “burned his bridges with the his last stint”, so I can’t really comment. However, I guess there was a bit of drama from MT or his management regarding the use of his likeness (images). Anyway, my assumption was MT would be first on the list to step in for Ronnie if Ronnie could not tour for a health reason. Certainly the Stones
management would have made some sort of contingency plans to insure the
tour would continue.

I cannot imagine Mick Taylor is offered or even going to accept an offer to replace Ron Wood when the latter gets serious health-issues. If there is going to be a next tour at all. Just forget it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-21 12:19 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: wavelength ()
Date: June 21, 2021 14:48

swimtothemoon
Sorry, I must have missed how MT “burned his bridges with the his last stint”, so I can’t really comment. However, I guess there was a bit of drama from MT or his management regarding the use of his likeness (images).

Does anyone know exactly why MT was not invited to the Exhibitionism opening? Clearly sending the invitation to him on short notice as MT claims was a way of assuring he did not attend. Further he was complaining that he was not invited though images of him were used in the exhibit.

To quote MT:
It appears they are using my name and likeness for another multi-million dollar making exercise. I can't help wondering why nobody has invited me to the opening at Saatchi Gallery ?

So was his non-invitation related to something that went down during the tour or was it related to the exhibition (ie. MT wanting money for that)?

Date: June 21, 2021 17:23

DandelionPowderman
Taylor1
DandelionPowderman
NashvilleBlues
wavelength

[mobile.twitter.com]

With all due respect The Rolling Stones have been living in the past the last 23 years.One new studio album with their songs, and most of the songs they have played live in that period are 40 years old

I was responding to the statement that the Stones look at Mick Taylor as the past.Taylor playing AllDown the Line,BrownSugar, Honky Tonk Women ,etc., live in2021, is no more the past than the rest of them playing it

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-21 17:26 by Taylor1.

Date: June 21, 2021 17:37

Taylor1
Taylor playing AllDown the Line,BrownSugar, Honky Tonk Women ,etc., live in2021, is no more the past than the rest of them playing it

From a musical point of view this true, but remember that + 50% of the Stones fans grew up with The Stones + Ron Wood in their mind.

Date: June 21, 2021 17:43

Taylor1
DandelionPowderman
Taylor1
DandelionPowderman
NashvilleBlues
wavelength

[mobile.twitter.com]

I was responding to the statement that the Stones look at Mick Taylor as the past.Taylor playing AllDown the Line,BrownSugar, Honky Tonk Women ,etc., live in2021, is no more the past than the rest of them playing it

Firstly, I never said anything about that. I was replying to the "Ronnie can't play anymore because he's had cancer"-theory.

Secondly, there are more years (2016?) since Taylor played publicly (The Stones toured in 2019 and played the television show last year). However, my guess is that Taylor is perfectly capable of playing, but I don't know - and you don't know.

Date: June 21, 2021 17:50

DandelionPowderman
Taylor is perfectly capable of playing, but I don't know - and you don't know.

If we tell him half a year in advance? cool smiley

Date: June 21, 2021 18:13

TheflyingDutchman
DandelionPowderman
Taylor is perfectly capable of playing, but I don't know - and you don't know.

If we tell him half a year in advance? cool smiley

That might be too late now, though smiling smiley

PS: I saw Nico posted a picture of Ronnie supposedly recording with Faces again, so I guess he's getting ready.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: June 21, 2021 18:20

[www.youtube.com]

at .32 seconds Keith says postive stuff about MT him getting into bass, piano and drums before he left - kind of surprised considering what was said in various books and guitar mags about Keith erasing MT's bass parts etc and playing to loud.

Date: June 21, 2021 18:26

DandelionPowderman

PS: I saw Nico posted a picture of Ronnie supposedly recording with Faces again, so I guess he's getting ready.

thumbs up

I wish Ron Wood all the best. Sometimes life is horrible.

Date: June 21, 2021 22:29

Mick Taylor is part of the history of the Stones, certainly an important story, but we fans should in my opinion be a little more realistic.
Taylor and Bill were invited as GUESTS to celebrate the Stones' anniversary on that 2013 tour.
There is a big difference between being in a band and just being a guest.
I have a high esteem for Taylor as well as for Bill, however it was immediately clear to how the Stones themselves behaved on that occasion, that there was no chance for them to join the band permanently.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 22, 2021 04:25

Testify
Mick Taylor is part of the history of the Stones, certainly an important story, but we fans should in my opinion be a little more realistic.
Taylor and Bill were invited as GUESTS to celebrate the Stones' anniversary on that 2013 tour.
I have a high esteem for Taylor as well as for Bill, however it was immediately clear to how the Stones themselves behaved on that occasion, that there was no chance for them to join the band permanently.

No one expects them to return permanently, but is there really anything that prevents them from contributing to a track or two? How hard is that? And it would be most gratifying for the hard core fans. The last studio track with Wyman and the Stones was Watching the River Flow. It didn't have a cohesive sound because all five just phone their parts in.

Date: June 22, 2021 10:14

24FPS
Testify

No one expects them to return permanently, but is there really anything that prevents them from contributing to a track or two? How hard is that? And it would be most gratifying for the hard core fans. The last studio track with Wyman and the Stones was Watching the River Flow. It didn't have a cohesive sound because all five just phone their parts in.

I listened to that one the other day. It was better than I remembered - the band, that is. Mick is phoning it in, imo.

Date: June 22, 2021 15:55

OpenG
[www.youtube.com]

at .32 seconds Keith says postive stuff about MT him getting into bass, piano and drums before he left - kind of surprised considering what was said in various books and guitar mags about Keith erasing MT's bass parts etc and playing to loud.

I've never heard Keith say a negative word about Taylor, it's always coming from someone else.
All this stuff about Taylor burning his bridges with the Stones is rubbish too, that came from one poster on here ages ago, a so called insider.
To my knowledge Taylor was pissed off that Jagger rang him to invite him to the opening of Stones Exhibition and Taylor was upset it was too late in the day for him to get there in time, that's it, no big fall out, who gives a toss what Taylor's manager said, he's a useless twat, that wouldn't prevent Taylor working with the Stones again if it sells tickets.

Date: June 22, 2021 17:13

As far as I know Mick Taylor himself never talked in an interview or otherwise (in public) about his recent relationship or musical experience during his last tour with the Rolling Stones. From 2014 and onwards.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-22 17:19 by TheflyingDutchman.

Date: June 22, 2021 18:18

wavelength

Why on earth will it be out of the question for Taylor to play with the Stones, he's the obvious choice, and why do you assume he can't play or won't play, what strange assumptions to draw with no evidence, of course he will take Ronnies place if he is asked to, why wouldn't he.

Look make no mistake the Stones will tour this year or next, health permitting Ronnie will be there, but if not Taylor is the man.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 22, 2021 20:28

TheflyingDutchman
As far as I know Mick Taylor himself never talked in an interview or otherwise (in public) about his recent relationship or musical experience during his last tour with the Rolling Stones. From 2014 and onwards.

That would be stupid of Taylor. I'm sure he was financially compensated enough to live in relative obscurity, comfortably, since he was used to getting by on little. Former Hendrix bassist Billy Cox gets paid by Janie Hendrix. He never says a bad word about her. What would he possibly gain? No one else is paying him.

Taylor did not sound like the Taylor from the early 70s when he was a Rolling Stone. I don't think he would much of a draw now. He's obviously got some health issues.

Date: June 22, 2021 21:06

24FPS
TheflyingDutchman

That would be stupid of Taylor. I'm sure he was financially compensated enough to live in relative obscurity, comfortably, since he was used to getting by on little. Former Hendrix bassist Billy Cox gets paid by Janie Hendrix. He never says a bad word about her. What would he possibly gain? No one else is paying him.

Taylor did not sound like the Taylor from the early 70s when he was a Rolling Stone. I don't think he would much of a draw now. He's obviously got some health issues.

I don't know if that's stupid. I'm not talking about dollars here. There are quite a few well known musicians out there who like to elaborate about their recent musical encounters with (former) bandmates. Always interesting to read. In Mick Taylor's case you could be right though. They didn't play like in the early 7-tees anymore. End of the story.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-22 21:18 by TheflyingDutchman.

Date: June 22, 2021 21:18

Listen to Can’t You Hear Me Knocking from Glastonbury,and Midnight Rambler from Roskide.He sounded great on those.He wasn’t given much of a chance to warm up on the gigs.And please don’t tell me any of the Stones,particularly Keith, played or sounded better than they did from 1969 to 1994.They didn’t

Date: June 22, 2021 21:22

I agree. Was it interesting to see Ali boxing in 1981? I don't think so.

Date: June 22, 2021 22:00

24FPS
Testify

In my opinion it is more likely to happen with other musicians, as has already happened with Clapton for example.
The reasons are easily imaginable, Taylor is part of the past, when he used himself as a guest in 2012, controversy was read every day about whether they should give him more space and this could change the internal balance of the band.
I think anyone who has played in a band understands what I'm talking about ... so no, I think it's highly unlikely that they will do it again.

Date: June 22, 2021 23:18

Taylor1
Listen to Can’t You Hear Me Knocking from Glastonbury,and Midnight Rambler from Roskide.He sounded great on those.He wasn’t given much of a chance to warm up on the gigs.And please don’t tell me any of the Stones,particularly Keith, played or sounded better than they did from 1969 to 1994.They didn’t

Absolutely right, he blew the band off the stage and blew the fans away, it was the highlight of every show when he guested, everyone knew it at the time, and it wasn't just his playing, over the years he has developed a stage enthusiasm and personality, he had presence, but you are wasting your time Taylor 1, this lot only see negativity in everything, I mean saying he's in bad shape or not rehearsed, like everyone in their 70s is in tip top shape, do us a favour, they are all past their sell by date but Taylor could bring something special to the table, he can rehearse as well as the next man, surely the Stones can use him to lighten the load on Ronnie if nothing else if needs be.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-22 23:22 by Rocktiludrop.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...265266267268269270271272273274275...LastNext
Current Page: 270 of 307

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1505
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home