Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...260261262263264265266267268269270...LastNext
Current Page: 265 of 307
Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Date: December 26, 2020 01:09

Kleermaker's today's upload. thumbs up

Essen 1970, Love in vain.

Mick Taylor on Dylan's "Real Live" album
Posted by: Shott ()
Date: December 31, 2020 06:33

Just spun this (after probably a 35 year hiatus). MT sounds pretty good no?

Re: Mick Taylor on Dylan's "Real Live" album
Posted by: lippmann ()
Date: December 31, 2020 13:32

no question in my mind, after so many years, its the dylan tour i like the most.at that time, the tour was panned from every side. in germany the promoter rau was searching for that dylan/baez 60ties folk connection thing, absolutely horrible.but the concerts were absolutely great, seen them in offenbach and it was the perfect stonesgarage vibe. taylor was vibrant, so many great solos and perfect fittings for the rhytmn. highway 61, i and i, jokerman, man of peace, every grain of sand, so many great arrangements and songs.
if you will at that time it was my real initation for the stones and dylan`s music. i bought all the double and boxsets from that tour (hmm extra..)and for two years theres nothing else spinning on my recordplayer, as these albums." real live" was a letdown after that, i remember for me it sounds lifeless and way too short. the wembley video i dont like too, too much zombies on one stage.

Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: December 31, 2020 13:50

In my opinion Dylan's 1984 European Tour features Mick Taylor's best work ever. I also like his work on the 1969 US Tour with the Rolling Stones, but I'm not that fond of his early 1970s playing. In the early 1970s he used the songs to show off his guitar playing – with Dylan his playing was much more mature and he used his guitar playing to show off the songs.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: December 31, 2020 15:02

[www.bing.com]

Rockandroll,
Mops

Date: December 31, 2020 15:07

When Bob Dylan asks Taylor to be the guitarist in his band an tours huge stadiums, Taylor must be doing something good.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-31 15:09 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: December 31, 2020 15:11

Absolutely disagree.I think Taylor’s work is amongst his worst on the Dylan tour.His style of playing has no feel for Dylan’s music.I find most of it unlistenable.Taylor was at his best,1969-1974.He should have stayed with Stones.Like Keith said he’s a great guitarist.But he did basically nothing creative after he left the Stones other than an excellent first solo album .What he did as a solo artist he could have still done had he stayed in the Stones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-31 15:17 by Taylor1.

Date: December 31, 2020 15:25

Taylor1
Absolutely disagree.I think Taylor’s work is amongst his worst on the Dylan tour.His style of playing has no feel for Dylan’s music.I find most of it unlistenable.Taylor was at his best,1969-1974.He should have stayed with Stones.Like Keith said he’s a great guitarist.But he did basically nothing creative after he left the Stones other than an excellent first solo album .What he did as a solo artist he could have still done had he stayed in the Stones.

Let's look at it the other way :If they had put Jagger in front of that band instead of Dylan, it would have sounded very Stones-alike. Drummer Colin Allen agreed with me on that, mainly because of Taylor's playing.

Posted by: xke38 ()
Date: December 31, 2020 20:30

Awesome 20 or so second solo starting at 1:46:

I And I Newcastle

Unfortunately - as far as I'm concerned -, the Real Live version is no match for this...

Date: January 1, 2021 20:44

Happy New Year everybody. Don't let Corona affect your mood.

I'm Free- 1969

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: January 2, 2021 01:11

Happy New Year to MT. Thank your for your great guitar work and musical inspiration. Had it not been for you and Keith, I would never have picked
up a guitar and learned to play 48 years ago.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: January 2, 2021 01:52

xke38
Awesome 20 or so second solo starting at 1:46:

I And I Newcastle

Unfortunately - as far as I'm concerned -, the Real Live version is no match for this...

Dylans looks absolutely like Keith when he is hammering chords during Taylor's soloing...check the 2:00 mark for example...

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: January 2, 2021 04:22

I'll always Love and Adore and rely upon the Mick Taylor Stones years. Like every one else.
He was a miracle hire. The writers and producers did very well with him. The very historical period is beyond approaches to criticism, they are Still so Massive. It was the right chemistry. Almost impossible tho they obviously knew he had Blues chops and chop chops. The heavy personal stuff with each of them aside...it was just amazing. Mick T.
That stuff is THE stuff in a lot of their history.
I mean everybody Must have at least one bedrock number if not puhlenty from that batch. Justified top most gutbucket soulful rock and roll can you believe they were in their 20's. Not Old rock and roller Bill. That boy already had it.
I have a big list of great Ron era too .
I want them to release stuff.
Not leaving out Beggars or Bleed or Aftermath or Buttons it all that Hot Rocks and High Tides stuff. Awesome.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: January 3, 2021 18:41

Taylor1

Dylan wanted a rock band for that tour, and he sure got his money’s worth. It seems you’re more miffed by Dylan’s decision to amp up rather than anything Taylor played, which was absolutely otherworldly on songs such as Watchtower, I And I, and Masters of War. He use of the old Boss Chorus pedal gives a new dimension to his sound on many songs on this tour.

Date: January 3, 2021 19:01

Taylor played great on the Dylan-tour.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: January 3, 2021 21:06

Taylor1 - Mick Taylor thinks otherwise, he has said in interviews the best part of his musical career was his work with Dylan in studio records and the tour.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: January 3, 2021 23:13

An artist is often the worse judge of his work.And Dylan is not a rock nroller.He sounds contrived on that tour to me

Posted by: Norbert ()
Date: January 11, 2021 18:12

Sway: The Best Of Carla Olson & Mick Taylor

Limited to 2000 copies and not available on CD or Digital. In 1988 former ROLLING STONES guitarist Mick Taylor began what was to be a significant series of collaborations with L.A. based Carla Olson, first with their "Live at the Roxy" album Too Hot For Snakes, the centrepiece of which is an extended seven-minute performance of “Sway” included on this album. It was followed by Olson's Within An Ace, which featured Taylor on seven songs. He appeared on three songs from Reap The Whirlwind and then again on Olson's The Ring of Truth, on which he plays lead guitar on nine tracks, including a twelve-minute version of the song "Winter". This is the best of their collaborations. Including the tracks, "Sway," "See The Light," "Within An Ace," "Loserville," "See The Light," and "Justice."

Date of release: 29 January 2021

Trailor
[www.youtube.com]

Date: January 11, 2021 23:24

[www.youtube.com]

Locked Up Tight Carla Olson - Ring of Truth

Thanks Norbert

Some of MT's great studio work on 7 seven songs on Within An Ace and 9 songs on Ring of Truth with Carla. MT I think got 1 song credit with Barry Golberg on Empty Blues and instrumental. Its funny on the song Locked up Tight video above I thought it was MT on guitar until I saw a post somewhere, the song was written by Carla and Brian Brown. Well Brian Brown plays one awesome guitar solo with sustain and vibrato.

Date: January 11, 2021 23:29

Norbert
Sway: The Best Of Carla Olson & Mick Taylor

Limited to 2000 copies and not available on CD or Digital. In 1988 former ROLLING STONES guitarist Mick Taylor began what was to be a significant series of collaborations with L.A. based Carla Olson, first with their "Live at the Roxy" album Too Hot For Snakes, the centrepiece of which is an extended seven-minute performance of “Sway” included on this album. It was followed by Olson's Within An Ace, which featured Taylor on seven songs. He appeared on three songs from Reap The Whirlwind and then again on Olson's The Ring of Truth, on which he plays lead guitar on nine tracks, including a twelve-minute version of the song "Winter". This is the best of their collaborations. Including the tracks, "Sway," "See The Light," "Within An Ace," "Loserville," "See The Light," and "Justice."

Date of release: 29 January 2021

Trailor
[www.youtube.com]

Is there a track listing?

Date: January 12, 2021 11:35

Tracks

Sway (Live At The Roxy Theatre)
See The Light (Live At The Roxy Theatre)
Sway/Mick Taylor Guitar Solo (Live At Slims)
Justice (From The Album Within An Ace)
Within An Ace (From The Album Within An Ace)
Kinderwars (From The Album Reap The Whirlwind)
Loserville (From The Album Ring Of Truth)

The third track is new - well, I haven't got it...

Date: January 12, 2021 16:09

Norbert
Tracks

Sway (Live At The Roxy Theatre)
See The Light (Live At The Roxy Theatre)
Sway/Mick Taylor Guitar Solo (Live At Slims)
Justice (From The Album Within An Ace)
Within An Ace (From The Album Within An Ace)
Kinderwars (From The Album Reap The Whirlwind)
Loserville (From The Album Ring Of Truth)

The third track is new - well, I haven't got it...

Thanks. I was hoping for some stuff from the other Roxy show.

Date: January 12, 2021 16:43

Quite right, in a way it's always the same known recordings...there's got to be more in the cans...I'll get it anyway...love me some nice coloured vinyl!

Date: January 12, 2021 16:46

Norbert
Quite right, in a way it's always the same known recordings...there's got to be more in the cans...I'll get it anyway...love me some nice coloured vinyl!

Is Carla Olson approachable on this subject? Mick Taylor definitely not.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: January 12, 2021 18:34

Hey Norbert thanks for the information on the red vinyl.
We’re you at the Warsaw show?

Date: January 12, 2021 19:02

stargroover
Hey Norbert thanks for the information on the red vinyl.
We’re you at the Warsaw show?

No, I wasn't...

Date: January 12, 2021 19:29

TheflyingDutchman
Norbert

Is Carla Olson approachable on this subject? Mick Taylor definitely not.

Just have a go at it!:
carlawebsite@aol.com
[www.facebook.com]

Date: January 16, 2021 22:25

[www.youtube.com]

Marriage Madness - John Mayall, Mick Taylor - Back To The Roots

Posted by: michielz ()
Date: January 18, 2021 23:58

Happy birthday Mick Taylor. Maybe a nice story to read for all the Taylor-fans out there:

The back of Mick Taylor
December 2019 me and my family stayed for a week in a holiday home in the North of Holland. On second Christmas day we went for a ride trough the country side. The weather was rather grey. After several stops (watching the Hunebeds, some mystic stones from the past) we made a stop in a small village and went to a local cafe-restaurant. We ordered coffee, tea and some apple-pie. I was with my wife, two kids and 87 year old mother. We had a table near the window, which gave us a good view at the terrace in front of the café and at the historical centre of the village. Although it wasn’t really cold, the terrace was empty. The grey weather didn’t invite to sit outside. As we were enjoying our apple pie, suddenly a man came walking up on the terrace. He wore a long dark blue coat and a scarf. He put down a plastic bag from the local supermarket on the table right before our window. A baquette came half outside the bag, showing that he probably had done some shopping for second Christmas eve’s dinner. The man looked familiar. He had half long brown hair. The grey on top showed that it was dyed a while ago. Then he walked inside the café. I lost sight because the bar was in another part as were we were seated. A few minutes later he came back. He put down a big glas of water on the table and a small glass, which, by the shape of the glass, I would guess was Jenever, a typical dutch drink. He then took a package of cigarettes from his coat, which most likely, was the reason he sat outside. At that moment I got a short look at his face and now I knew for sure. The man, who sat just two metres in front of us, at the other side of the window, and lit a cigarette. I recognized his hair, his face …. I was watching the back of Mick Taylor, former guitarist of the Rolling Stones.
I told my family, who looked rather surprised. My kids said I should go and see him. “You’re talking ‘bout the Stones all the time, and now there’s one in front of you”, my son said. And my daugther said. You just say: “Hi Mick Taylor, nice to meet you. By the way, did you now smoking is very ‘dodelijk’ (dutch for ‘deathly). My daughter laughed about her own joke. But somehow I didn’t feel like going outside. What should I say? I guess Mick Taylor wouldn’t be sitting on a terrace in a small village in the North of Holland to be recognized. So I just sat there, watched him enjoying his drink and his cigarette. When we left the cafe I had a short look. He looked satisfied and in good shape. “Happy christmas mr. Taylor and thank you for the music”, I said to myself.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: January 19, 2021 05:08

michielz
Happy birthday Mick Taylor. Maybe a nice story to read for all the Taylor-fans out there:

The back of Mick Taylor
December 2019 me and my family stayed for a week in a holiday home in the North of Holland. On second Christmas day we went for a ride trough the country side. The weather was rather grey. After several stops (watching the Hunebeds, some mystic stones from the past) we made a stop in a small village and went to a local cafe-restaurant. We ordered coffee, tea and some apple-pie. I was with my wife, two kids and 87 year old mother. We had a table near the window, which gave us a good view at the terrace in front of the café and at the historical centre of the village. Although it wasn’t really cold, the terrace was empty. The grey weather didn’t invite to sit outside. As we were enjoying our apple pie, suddenly a man came walking up on the terrace. He wore a long dark blue coat and a scarf. He put down a plastic bag from the local supermarket on the table right before our window. A baquette came half outside the bag, showing that he probably had done some shopping for second Christmas eve’s dinner. The man looked familiar. He had half long brown hair. The grey on top showed that it was dyed a while ago. Then he walked inside the café. I lost sight because the bar was in another part as were we were seated. A few minutes later he came back. He put down a big glas of water on the table and a small glass, which, by the shape of the glass, I would guess was Jenever, a typical dutch drink. He then took a package of cigarettes from his coat, which most likely, was the reason he sat outside. At that moment I got a short look at his face and now I knew for sure. The man, who sat just two metres in front of us, at the other side of the window, and lit a cigarette. I recognized his hair, his face …. I was watching the back of Mick Taylor, former guitarist of the Rolling Stones.
I told my family, who looked rather surprised. My kids said I should go and see him. “You’re talking ‘bout the Stones all the time, and now there’s one in front of you”, my son said. And my daugther said. You just say: “Hi Mick Taylor, nice to meet you. By the way, did you now smoking is very ‘dodelijk’ (dutch for ‘deathly). My daughter laughed about her own joke. But somehow I didn’t feel like going outside. What should I say? I guess Mick Taylor wouldn’t be sitting on a terrace in a small village in the North of Holland to be recognized. So I just sat there, watched him enjoying his drink and his cigarette. When we left the cafe I had a short look. He looked satisfied and in good shape. “Happy christmas mr. Taylor and thank you for the music”, I said to myself.

Nice story! thumbs up
“Happy christmas Mr. Taylor and thank you for the music” you could have just said that to him.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...260261262263264265266267268269270...LastNext
Current Page: 265 of 307

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1426
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home