Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...258259260261262263264265266267268...LastNext
Current Page: 263 of 307
Re: when was Mick Taylor´s first solo tour?
Posted by: Whale ()
Date: October 11, 2020 23:09

tatters
TheGreek
Didn't he tour for Stone Alone which I believe was released in 1979 ?

No. He was planning to tour, and I even remember a date being announced at my local venue, a small club on Long Island called My Father's Place, but the tour never happened.
Did you attend the Legendary captain beefheart gig there?

Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Date: October 12, 2020 00:05

I believe the Stones could have played funk with Mick Taylor. If only.

Mick Taylor- Red Shoes.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: October 12, 2020 00:47

[www.youtube.com]

John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers - Rock It In The Pocket - 6/18/1982 - Capitol Theatre (Official)

This is so good the swing with Mick Taylor and the Bluesbreakers

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 12, 2020 00:58

Horrible. Almost a parody. And what about appearence? Taylor in suit and tie, Mayall in his undershirt sweating away, the drummer in some kind of ill-matched sports outfit. I say...

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: October 12, 2020 01:40

TheflyingDutchman

Mick Taylor- Red Shoes.
His bass playing on Fingerprint File was pretty funky

Date: October 12, 2020 02:27

Taylor1
TheflyingDutchman

Mick Taylor- Red Shoes.

That's right. In the end it's the counterplay that makes a band come alive.
I don't think the Stones could deliver the kind of funk I just posted although Taylor got the message here and finished it of with a rather interesting funky (syncopated) melodic improvisation.
And no doubt Taylor would be too absent-minded to play a funky/ disco rhythm guitar like Miss You or Hot Stuff. A complete mismatch from both sides.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-12 02:50 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 12, 2020 02:54

OpenG
[www.youtube.com]

John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers - Rock It In The Pocket - 6/18/1982 - Capitol Theatre (Official)

This is so good the swing with Mick Taylor and the Bluesbreakers

Excellent. thumbs up

Posted by: erad ()
Date: October 12, 2020 03:59

Stoneage
Horrible. Almost a parody. And what about appearence? Taylor in suit and tie, Mayall in his undershirt sweating away, the drummer in some kind of ill-matched sports outfit. I say...
Do you ever have anything positive to say? Must be exhausting being so crabby all the time.

Date: October 12, 2020 09:53

erad
Stoneage
Do you ever have anything positive to say? Must be exhausting being so crabby all the time.

Yes, I do. Sometimes. I tend to say what I think though. Take it or leave it. I spelt appearance wrong though. Sorry for that.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: October 12, 2020 12:41

Stoneage
erad
Stoneage

Yes, I do. Sometimes. I tend to say what I think though. Take it or leave it. I spelt appearance wrong though. Sorry for that.

The Micks trendsetting in Kansas '81....

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: October 12, 2020 15:36

Taylor1
TheflyingDutchman

Mick Taylor- Red Shoes.

And Criss Cross

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: October 12, 2020 15:53

DandelionPowderman
brownsugar86
First time I've logged in here for years & rather than wading through 262 pages I Wonder if anyone would tell me if Mick T would of seen any money at all for the Goats Head Reissue? Even if it's just for them using his image, as he's in some of the photos advertised for it all over the media...

Why wouldn't he? He plays on it.

Apparently, he got a songwriting credit for Criss Cross as well.

That songwriting cred is pretty interesting. I wonder what parts he came up with.
But I agree – he must be getting some money at least for that songwriting. Perhaps for performing credit as well.

Date: October 12, 2020 15:58

LieB
DandelionPowderman
brownsugar86
First time I've logged in here for years & rather than wading through 262 pages I Wonder if anyone would tell me if Mick T would of seen any money at all for the Goats Head Reissue? Even if it's just for them using his image, as he's in some of the photos advertised for it all over the media...

That songwriting cred is pretty interesting. I wonder what parts he came up with.
But I agree – he must be getting some money at least for that songwriting. Perhaps for performing credit as well.

I meant performance credits. The songwriting credit must either be a joke or an error, unless his bass really was instrumental for creating this song.

Date: October 12, 2020 16:16

DandelionPowderman
LieB
DandelionPowderman
brownsugar86

I meant performance credits. The songwriting credit must either be a joke or an error, unless his bass really was instrumental for creating this song.

I believe I looked it up under ASCAP or BMI and it was Jagger/Richards. Who knows, nobody bothered to ask him in an interview.

Date: October 12, 2020 16:34

TravelinMan
DandelionPowderman
LieB
DandelionPowderman
brownsugar86

I believe I looked it up under ASCAP or BMI and it was Jagger/Richards. Who knows, nobody bothered to ask him in an interview.

People don't take the latter-day credits seriously anymore. That probably goes for the press as well smiling smiley

Date: October 12, 2020 17:30

shortfatfanny
Stoneage
erad
Stoneage

The Micks trendsetting in Kansas '81....

You're right, Fanny. There are similarities in dress code there. Funny how one of them look shabby while you don't think twice about the other. Perception, I guess...

Date: October 14, 2020 21:52

[www.youtube.com]

great version of Secret Affair from - A Stones Throw

Rolling Stones guitarist Mick Taylor Canadian tour 2003

Date: October 14, 2020 22:27

Ive seen it long a go. Thanks for the upload, always great to hear Taylor like that. thumbs up

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: October 15, 2020 02:40

Did he get a writing credit for Criss Cross?
Would that be a favor from Mick and Keith? Or could he have potentially blocked the song from release as he played on it?

Date: October 15, 2020 02:48

OpenG
[www.youtube.com]

great version of Secret Affair from - A Stones Throw

Rolling Stones guitarist Mick Taylor Canadian tour 2003

Thanks. Awesome version and a great band. His voice sounded really good there.

Posted by: Gigbag ()
Date: October 15, 2020 14:54

So humble. I wonder what he says on days he doesn't feel humble.

Date: October 15, 2020 16:27

Just spending time with friends and family.

Date: October 15, 2020 16:59

"I'm probably the best lead guitar player the Stones have ever had".

Nice too see that he's not too humble after all...

Date: October 15, 2020 21:14

[www.youtube.com]

Sway Live w Mick Taylor Tongue Pit - The Rolling Stones 2013 LA

MT got smoking and MJ ended the glory. RW takes first solo should of let MT take both since the song is only 3 plus minutes and it was his and Jaggers song on SF.

Date: October 16, 2020 00:35

Thanks, Open G. Nice to see Taylor shining on that second solo. Taylor is a more melodic playing guitarist than Wood. That's what they lost when he left. Melody...

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: October 16, 2020 02:11

Taylor’sguitar playing on the London Roundhouse 1971 Midnight Rambler is just great ,perfect playing. His guitar tone was never better

Date: October 16, 2020 02:13

When they had Taylor on the 50 Something tour - why the heck didn't they let him play more? Such a wasted opportunity.

Re: when was Mick Taylor´s first solo tour?
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: October 18, 2020 14:33

Whale
tatters
TheGreek
Didn't he tour for Stone Alone which I believe was released in 1979 ?

No. He was planning to tour, and I even remember a date being announced at my local venue, a small club on Long Island called My Father's Place, but the tour never happened.
Did you attend the Legendary captain beefheart gig there?

No, but I did see Muddy Waters there twice, along with many other great shows, mostly in the early 1980s, when the club was already a little bit past its 1970s heyday.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 18, 2020 15:08

Stoneage

Well there was only one : him. grinning smiley Neither Brian nor Ron would be qualified or would define themselves as "lead guitar players". They're "just" musicians.

"lead guitar player" is a monstrous leftover concept from the 70's : Bolin, Blackmore... and EVH?. Nowadays it's like the word "dinosaur" : it refers to a bygone (looong gone) era.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-18 16:14 by dcba.

Date: October 18, 2020 17:51

dcba
Stoneage

Well there was only one : him. grinning smiley Neither Brian nor Ron would be qualified or would define themselves as "lead guitar players". They're "just" musicians.

"lead guitar player" is a monstrous leftover concept from the 70's : Bolin, Blackmore... and EVH?. Nowadays it's like the word "dinosaur" : it refers to a bygone (looong gone) era.

Taylor was also referring to that era. You can hardly expect him to call himself a dinosaur.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...258259260261262263264265266267268...LastNext
Current Page: 263 of 307

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1858
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home