Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...252253254255256257258259260261262...LastNext
Current Page: 257 of 307
Re: Stones could invite Mick Taylor to play again with them
Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: February 16, 2020 01:28

My experience in Auckland 2014 was a fairly miserable one, sleeting rain, a fairly boring set list, bummed out Internet Choice, but it was redeemed with "Midnight Rambler" Taylor came out and Jagger went wild on the harp trading back & forth with Taylor, it was an extended Jam on the riff that was truly thrilling, like they'd been struck by the fountain of youth and it's 1969-72 all over again.

I'd welcome his return

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: February 16, 2020 02:36

He would always be welcomed back in my book. At least do some club or theater shows with MT playing the whole night. That would be killer.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: February 16, 2020 03:14

Oh no, not you again!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 16, 2020 03:18

They could, but they won’t. End of.

Date: February 16, 2020 07:30

Thanks for reactions. Given the number of shows and possibility of only partial engagement, it still seems reasonable. Obviously, if there are some personal issues that can prevent it then it won't happen.

In general, it can be a cooperation, not competition amongst Mick Taylor and other band members, he can be a guest player on selected songs these times. That way it won't interfere with Keith's or anybody else's role.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-16 07:31 by jumpingjackflash5.

Date: February 16, 2020 07:31

MartinB
Oh no, not you again!

It sounds wrong to you?

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 16, 2020 09:02

StonedAsiaExile
He would always be welcomed back in my book. At least do some club or theater shows with MT playing the whole night. That would be killer.

No it wouldn't. Cause people would be pissed off:

1. that its so small they can't get in.

2. the small crowds that are lucky enough to get in don'd deserve to be there because they're only going cause it says "the Rolling Stones" and don't appreciate Mick Taylor being there.

There's no solution that is truly satisfying, and they already had the opportunity to create one, so I'd genuinely argue if they didn't bother getting it right then, they never will and there's no reason to hint at anything else. If I were Jagger I'd think its a waste of time and if I were Taylor I'd think its insulting to continue the same way they were.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: February 16, 2020 11:50

I know it's a bad thing to have thought, but going back over a period of 30 year's, part of me hoped Ronnie would leave the band or get fired so Mick Taylor could return to playing with them.
Nothing against Ronnie personally but this band would be beyond comparison with Taylor and Keith as it once was. I see Keith and Taylor as the best band in the world and that would have continued. They still are the best band but come second to the one with Taylor in it.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: February 16, 2020 12:20

The Stones have changed since 1975 and will never be a progressive, guitar driven rock'n roll band any more. They are obligated to serve the big audience and doesn't fit Taylors approach now. MT did get to experience that when he toured with them last time. I can't imagine that he need more money or that he want to play the part he did last time. He's over it and the Stones had the chance to do it right the last time. There could have been a posibility if they had asked him back for the making of Blue and Lonesome but it didn't happend, and I think that was the last nail in the Stones/Taylor coffin.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-16 13:29 by S.T.P.

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: February 16, 2020 13:32

All this fuzz about a guy that left the band of his own will for over 45 years ago, it amazes me.

Date: February 16, 2020 14:00

bobo
All this fuzz about a guy that left the band of his own will for over 45 years ago, it amazes me.

Yeah, his input on the band during that vital period made a great impression on many Stones fansthumbs up Can you imagine if Keith was jailed for 7 years and had to leave the band in '77? He wouldn't have been forgotten either...

Date: February 16, 2020 15:18

S.T.P
There could have been a posibility if they had asked him back for the making of Blue and Lonesome but it didn't happend, and I think that was the last nail in the Stones/Taylor coffin.

They asked Clapton instead.That helped.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: February 16, 2020 15:20

I’ll be there if it happens!

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: February 16, 2020 15:27

TravelinMan

It won't

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 16, 2020 15:36

TheflyingDutchman
S.T.P
There could have been a posibility if they had asked him back for the making of Blue and Lonesome but it didn't happend, and I think that was the last nail in the Stones/Taylor coffin.

Clapton was in the house / studio right beside.

Date: February 16, 2020 15:39

mtaylor
TheflyingDutchman
S.T.P

Clapton was in the house / studio right beside.

I would have preferred Taylor, all over the album.

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: February 16, 2020 15:51

They Could, but they won't!

Same useless discussion before every tour.

Posted by: astmalia ()
Date: February 16, 2020 15:58

To play the acoustic guitar in Satisfaction?

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: February 16, 2020 16:41

At the moment the largely unchanged setlists make me not want to see the Stones live too often. Maybe I have seen them in concert for the last time.

However, if I could obtain two or three songs from a possibly new studio album into setlists, I would so much want to attend a Rolling Stones concert again. Alternatively, also with unchanged setlists, but with Mick Taylor on stage through all songs, meant to supply something on any song, not necessarily always soloing, but adding distinctively to the band play all the time,would also make me desire to be part of the audience to the Stones. At least once, possibly more than one time.

For Mick Taylor has it in him to change the stalemate about Rolling Stones setlists even without changing the setlists themselves. But only provided that he never leaves the stage.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: February 16, 2020 16:57

Won't ever happen again. He and his manager blew it. I understand he is now retired completely from the music scene, not even playing guitar at home anymore.

Mathijs

Date: February 16, 2020 17:11

Mathijs
Won't ever happen again. He and his manager blew it. I understand he is now retired completely from the music scene, not even playing guitar at home anymore.

Mathijs

As far as I know it, Mick was never a home player after he went pro.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-16 17:12 by TheflyingDutchman.

Date: February 16, 2020 17:27

Mathijs

Mathijs

I know his manager sent out some emotional outburst after the rather unproffesional invitation to the exibition, but what are you refering to regarding MT?

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: February 16, 2020 18:16

That's a stretch to say he does not pick up an acoustic anymore at home. I hope he does for his enjoyment in retirement. For what its worth he does play on Carla Olson's new record out this month not sure when those tracks were cut.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: February 16, 2020 19:07

TornAndFried
TravelinMan

It won't

I won't be there then!!

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: February 16, 2020 19:32

S.T.P
bobo

Yeah, his input on the band during that vital period made a great impression on many Stones fansthumbs up Can you imagine if Keith was jailed for 7 years and had to leave the band in '77? He wouldn't have been forgotten either...

If Keith left in '77 than the Stones would have finished too. There is just no comparison between MT and Keith. MT may be a better guitarist but the Stones have never been based on virtuosity. Probably the opposite.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: February 16, 2020 20:00

bobo

Yes yes we know he left of his own accord but it's tragic. What's all the fuss about you say ??
Have you heard him play with the Stones, Taylor and the Stones is the best combination of Rock music ever heard, period. It's just so sad for all concerned, what should and could have been.

Date: February 16, 2020 20:07

MartinB
S.T.P
bobo

If Keith left in '77 than the Stones would have finished too. There is just no comparison between MT and Keith. MT may be a better guitarist but the Stones have never been based on virtuosity. Probably the opposite.

What excact is your logic then? If the Stones were finished, would you move on and forget about them 45 years later? I for once haven't forgotten about Hendrix, Beatles, Bowie, Zappa, Zeppelin, Prince, and many more. Maybe I misunderstand what your point is? I understand that you find MT's contribution irrelevant, but do you honestly not understand that other people might actually like it?

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: February 16, 2020 20:37

I saw Taylor bring the house down in Philly in 2013 with Can't You Hear Me Knocking and Midnight Rambler. It was a true highlight of my 28 Rolling Stones' shows.

Posted by: astmalia ()
Date: February 16, 2020 21:13

What about a Brian Jones hologram on stage?

Posted by: ThePaleRider ()
Date: February 16, 2020 21:20

So many books about tours over the years but not one about the 2013-14 tours and how it all went down with Taylor. It would would be a fascinating read.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...252253254255256257258259260261262...LastNext
Current Page: 257 of 307

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2068
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home