Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...249250251252253254255256257258259...LastNext
Current Page: 254 of 307
Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: October 18, 2019 19:16

ylor Talk - what's on your mind right now... new
Posted by: kevinkamphuis ()
Date: October 16, 2019 01:05

OpenG
[www.youtube.com]

Andy Sharrocks With Mick Taylor YCAGWYW

solo starts at 6.13 - I guess the last time MT played the solo live was 1973 tour?. Nice version in 2015.

Great find! It was recorded in 2004 and it has that classic MT solo. Wonderfull

Thanks for the correction - I realized later on after watching many times that it was from early 2000. Its amazing that this little gig I can watch all day because of MT's vibrato and guitar phrasing. I wish MT played on YCAGWYW on the
2012-2014 gigs instead of MR - just let Ron Wood take a back seat and let MT solo on the song. Yes RW had a longer solo on YCAGWYW from I believe 1975, but just one listen is enough for me now and then.

Re: Will Jagger ever let Taylor back in as a guest?
Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: October 18, 2019 20:43

retired_dog
MCDDTLC
Tommy - the Taylor as insurance was BS... bottom-line - Charley,Keith and Ronnie
all wanted Taylor to be included, it was Jagger who said: Stones are a 2-guitar band - period.. would love to see a one night show - recorded - doing all the 70's albums,and include Taylor & Wyman!!!! For us "old" Stones fans!!!

I don't know how you can be so sure about that....
...apart from that, as the Stones don't play "road versions" of their songs anymore that allow a bit more jamming and largely stick to their recorded arrangements, Taylor is simply a waste. I think that was the main problem with his "comeback". Apart from Rambler and a small handful of other numbers (Sway/Knocking) he just did not fit in anymore, and that has to do with the Stones' unwillingness or unability to change their routine. Taylor doing a nice lick here and there on Slipping Away or Streets Of Love or playing acoustic guitar on Satisfaction - gimme a break...

From my perspective of having seen Taylor with the stones ALOT live since he came back & watched/listened to every performance on youtube part of your comment is abit insulting.

yes he definitely fitted in, the parts he played on Streets of Love (lets be honest the original lead riff on that is dog piss by the way - id be embarrassed to have to play that!!), Slipping Away, Satisfaction (when with an electric - check out his last time when on it before relegated to the AC) CYHMK, Midnight Rambler, Silver Train & Sway were great!!

Its not always about being the lead show off - what he added to stuff like slipping away, streets of love for example were subtle embellishments that added and elevated these songs and for me gave an all too brief view into what the band could done. It was this that excited me the most as it offered a tantalising glimpse into what could been.

His stuff on MR CYHMK Sway is virtuoso for sure and i expected that platform from those songs. if you ever get the chance check out his shanghai MR - incredible edgy dynamic dangerous.

Ive said it before and ill say it again, Taylor elevates the stones, and the stones elevates him - together they sound like a BEAST!!

he didn't get invited and thats a shame

Im very very grateful to hear him back with them and gutted it didn't carry on.
But 70 yr olds spending the time to find the spaces and work the gars in a 2.5 hr set was never gonna happen. they play the parts they played for years, they don't practice much, and they don't invest the time needed to bed in a 3rd gtr. If you play you know what i mean, if you don't apologies but it takes ALOT of time, effort and being switched on in every song to make it work.

i just don't think they wanted to invest all that time, effort, memory skills etc when they could just go back to play the same parts as have done for last 20 + years and play them great they do. but thats not the issue. the issue is they just didn't want it for whatever reason.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-18 20:46 by Captainchaos.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: October 18, 2019 20:56

Nice post! It's too bad they didn't even change the rythm back to the original on Sway. Must have been hard for Taylor to adjust his solo in a meaningful way. Hi did his best under the circumstanses. MR Shanghai was evilsmoking smiley

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: October 18, 2019 21:01

Captainchaos
retired_dog
MCDDTLC
Tommy - the Taylor as insurance was BS... bottom-line - Charley,Keith and Ronnie
all wanted Taylor to be included, it was Jagger who said: Stones are a 2-guitar band - period.. would love to see a one night show - recorded - doing all the 70's albums,and include Taylor & Wyman!!!! For us "old" Stones fans!!!

...apart from that, as the Stones don't play "road versions" of their songs anymore that allow a bit more jamming and largely stick to their recorded arrangements, Taylor is simply a waste. I think that was the main problem with his "comeback". Apart from Rambler and a small handful of other numbers (Sway/Knocking) he just did not fit in anymore, and that has to do with the Stones' unwillingness or unability to change their routine. Taylor doing a nice lick here and there on Slipping Away or Streets Of Love or playing acoustic guitar on Satisfaction - gimme a break...

From my perspective of having seen Taylor with the stones ALOT live since he came back & watched/listened to every performance on youtube part of your comment is abit insulting.

yes he definitely fitted in, the parts he played on Streets of Love (lets be honest the original lead riff on that is dog piss by the way - id be embarrassed to have to play that!!), Slipping Away, Satisfaction (when with an electric - check out his last time when on it before relegated to the AC) CYHMK, Midnight Rambler, Silver Train & Sway were great!!

Its not always about being the lead show off - what he added to stuff like slipping away, streets of love for example were subtle embellishments that added and elevated these songs and for me gave an all too brief view into what the band could done. It was this that excited me the most as it offered a tantalising glimpse into what could been.

His stuff on MR CYHMK Sway is virtuoso for sure and i expected that platform from those songs. if you ever get the chance check out his shanghai MR - incredible edgy dynamic dangerous.

Ive said it before and ill say it again, Taylor elevates the stones, and the stones elevates him - together they sound like a BEAST!!

But 70 yr olds spending the time to find the spaces and work the gars in a 2.5 hr set was never gonna happen. they play the parts they played for years, they don't practice much, and they don't invest the time needed to bed in a 3rd gtr. If you play you know what i mean, if you don't apologies but it takes ALOT of time, effort and being switched on in every song to make it work.

i just don't think they wanted to invest all that time, effort, memory skills etc when they could just go back to play the same parts as have done for last 20 + years and play them great they do. but thats not the issue. the issue is they just didn't want it for whatever reason.

Taylor doesn't like to be on tour and does't like big concerts - as also mentioned by Ronnie.

Taylor has a good relationship with the other ones in his own way - he is a quite guy and that is it.

As an insurance for Stones - yes that dates back to 1977 when Mick J called Mick T to be able to substitute Keith if he went to jail because of drug problems in Canada.

Date: October 18, 2019 21:15

Anyone knows why A Stones Throw and Stranger In This Town is not up on Spotify?

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: October 18, 2019 21:21

S.T.P

I love Mick Taylor, but I wouldn't be shocked its cause no one cares about them.

Does suck though.

Date: October 18, 2019 21:24

S.T.P

A different live album was up there earlier. Can't recall the title.

Date: October 18, 2019 23:02

[www.youtube.com]

MICK TAYLOR - "STRANGER IN THIS TOWN" - FULL ALBUM - the wah wah solo on the song Stanger In This Town fantastic.

Mick Taylor "Stranger In This Town" Full Live Album.
A magnificent live album, recorded in various countries of Europe during the summer of 1989.

Magnífico álbum en vivo, grabado en varios países de Europa durante el verano de 1989.

1. Stranger In This Town - awesome wah wah solo
2. I Wonder Why
3. Laundromat Blues
4. Red House/Goin' Down Slow
5. Jumpin' Jack Flash
6. Little Red Rooster
7. Goin' South
8. You Gotta Move

* Mick Taylor: Lead Guitar, Vocals
* Wilbur Bascomb: Bass
* Eric Parker: Drums
* Blondie Chaplin: Guitar
* Shane Fontayne: Guitar
* Joel Diamond: keyboards

Posted by: iraq0708 ()
Date: October 18, 2019 23:25

mtaylor
Captainchaos
retired_dog
MCDDTLC

Taylor doesn't like to be on tour and does't like big concerts - as also mentioned by Ronnie.

Taylor has a good relationship with the other ones in his own way - he is a quite guy and that is it.

As an insurance for Stones - yes that dates back to 1977 when Mick J called Mick T to be able to substitute Keith if he went to jail because of drug problems in Canada.
I remember those 2013 gigs and I thought it was really cool that Mick T. was playing on some songs that he wasn't originally on-Satisfaction, Slipping Away...IMO he should have played the whole gig every night. THAT would have been something!smileys with beer

Date: October 19, 2019 00:08

From a musical point of view I wish that Mick Taylor never had rejoined the Stones.

All the dreams I had.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: October 19, 2019 00:20

Mick lives the life that he and his partner have chosen. It's nobody's business but theirs.

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: October 19, 2019 07:09

RollingFreak
S.T.P

I love Mick Taylor, but I wouldn't be shocked its cause no one cares about them.

Does suck though.

More like HE doesn’t care to put them up there.

I could record a song tonight that nobody would care about and get it up there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-19 07:11 by TravelinMan.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 19, 2019 08:16

Captainchaos

I've also said it before, and I'll also say it again. thumbs up
He made that tour extra special, and every song he played on (even strumming acoustic on Satisfaction) was elevated and filled with electricity.
Of the six shows I saw that tour, the second Staples Center show where he played on four tunes show ranks up their with my all time favorite Stones shows ever.
Even when he wasn't on stage, the overall setlist was for the most part fantastic (Faraway Eyes, All Down the Line, et al), but also a dud here and there(Doom and Gloom and One More Shot).

Date: October 19, 2019 12:35

TravelinMan
RollingFreak
S.T.P

Does suck though.

I thought it had something to do with different labels and the legal issues conserning the rights to the music. Anyway it's too bad. I dont have cd player, not even in my car anymore...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-19 12:37 by S.T.P.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: October 19, 2019 14:16

Captainchaos
retired_dog
MCDDTLC

Well, that's basically what I said too, so I don't know how you can feel insulted!

To be true, I don't think that everything Taylor did during his Stones comeback was stellar. At times he overplayed, at times even his timing seemed out of sync on Midnight Rambler. I did not expect 1969-1973 level, but his playing on Midnight Rambler was far away from the melodic sense he showed back then. Very far.

Date: October 19, 2019 17:02

S.T.P
TravelinMan
RollingFreak
S.T.P

Does suck though.

I thought it had something to do with different labels and the legal issues conserning the rights to the music. Anyway it's too bad. I dont have cd player, not even in my car anymore...

Very well could be. Are those labels even in existence anymore? If a larger company bought up his catalog, so to speak, they could release it.

He has some other really cool stuff out there like the live show with Noel Redding which is worthy of official release.

I feel like Taylor is fulfilling his destiny as the talented and mysterious bluesman; not unlike the musicians he admires.

Date: October 19, 2019 18:51

[www.youtube.com]

Mick Taylor & Albert King.

MT respectful to Albert and AK has to coax MT to play that STRAT - No tin tone with MT. MT solo at 10.38

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: October 19, 2019 19:13

I wonder where Taylor is now. Last I heard he was in the States. I also heard a rumour he was in Australia. We hear anything?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-20 02:48 by CJFP.

Date: October 19, 2019 21:02

CJFP
I wonder where Taykor is now. Last I heard he was in the States. I also heard a rumour he was in Australia. Why hear anything?

People on this site have said Holland with his girlfriend.

Date: October 19, 2019 22:26

TravelinMan
CJFP
I wonder where Taykor is now. Last I heard he was in the States. I also heard a rumour he was in Australia. Why hear anything?

Some people like to travel, Traveling Man smiling smiley

Date: October 20, 2019 01:22

TheflyingDutchman
TravelinMan
CJFP

Some people like to travel, Traveling Man smiling smiley

Got to get on the road somewhere

Date: October 21, 2019 00:13

[www.youtube.com]

Hell To Tell - Ivan Neville w/Mick Taylor Band (Live 1993)

On July 17th 1993, Mick Taylor former lead guitarist for John Mayall and The Rolling Stones, along with a band of similarly unknown yet known superstars, Ivan Neville, Bobby Keys, Calvin 'Fuzzy' Samuels and Jerry Serino played this gig in Miami that was recorded by a fan. I was lucky enough to get a copy and at one point during the short laid-back performance the band takes a break and keyboardist Ivan Neville remains onstage to play 3 tunes solo on his piano, actually, on this first one, Hell To Tell, the band plays along too, but it's Ivans song.Those 3 tunes are to me the highlight of this show. This sort of falls apart on them halfway through as though the rest of the guys don't know the song too well but it's a one of a kind one-off performance and features a little of that tasty slide touch of Taylors.

Date: October 22, 2019 19:05

[www.youtube.com]

mick taylor special

MT never released it appeared on Carla Olson's Wave Of The Hand ? .

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 22, 2019 21:38

chriseganstar
Mick lives the life that he and his partner have chosen. It's nobody's business but theirs.

He must have made enough dough from his Stones tour to live comfortably for some time. He hasn't popped his head up since.

Date: October 23, 2019 00:57

24FPS
chriseganstar

He must have made enough dough from his Stones tour to live comfortably for some time. He hasn't popped his head up since.

It's said he's still married with a woman called Valerie. I hope they are good fiends then.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: October 24, 2019 14:07

He's playing on Carla Olson's new album " Have Harmony Will Travel Vol.2 ",
which will be released in January

Date: October 24, 2019 14:34

Lien

Nice. Where did you hear about that?

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: October 24, 2019 14:42

TravelinMan
Lien

Nice. Where did you hear about that?

Carla Olson's Facebook page
[www.facebook.com]

Date: October 24, 2019 14:55

Taylor is appearing on the album, but do we know if that's a recent recording or something Carla had in her vault from previous sessions?

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: November 5, 2019 19:25

BV - Not what I read - Keith asked Jagger if Taylor could be included. Was told,
by JAGGER - the Stones are a 2-guitar band - period.. Charlie also said include him (Taylor) but Charlie's comment was: but they don't listen to me..

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...249250251252253254255256257258259...LastNext
Current Page: 254 of 307

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1730
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home