Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...247248249250251252253254255256257...LastNext
Current Page: 252 of 307
Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Date: September 19, 2019 12:31

OpenG
Paul Kossoff - what a player and the band Free with Rogers and fraser - Paul died way to young and sadly at 26.

Mick Taylor was asked to replace him if memory serves. He declined.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: September 19, 2019 13:15

TheflyingDutchman
DandelionPowderman
OpenG
The quote from EC is from Melody Maker .

By this time, Taylor’s reputation as a lead guitarist was spreading, presenting him with more recognition – and opportunities. In November of ’69, Clapton told Melody Maker, “I saw John Mayall in America, and we jammed… Mick Taylor is very good – frightening.” Further session work came in the form of accompanying pianist Champion Jack Dupree on a few tracks for Scooby Dooby Doo, as well as a single recorded by the Irish singer/songwriter Jonathan Kelly. “Make A Stranger Your Friend” featured Taylor along with a cast of thousands, most notably Beatles’ associate Klaus Voorman on bass and guitarist Albert Hammond.

thumbs up

There is another article, I believe also Melody Maker: After Hendrix blew Clapton off the stage in the Marquee club with Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker, Hendrix asked Clapton afterwards: "How come you cannot play the rhythm guitar?"

Maybe Eric should have countered with "...how come you can't tune the guitar " winking smiley

[Jimi maybe had a point . You've never seen Eric playing too many Chords ...But then again, neither did BB King]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-19 13:21 by Spud.

Date: September 19, 2019 14:46

Spud
TheflyingDutchman
DandelionPowderman
OpenG
The quote from EC is from Melody Maker .

By this time, Taylor’s reputation as a lead guitarist was spreading, presenting him with more recognition – and opportunities. In November of ’69, Clapton told Melody Maker, “I saw John Mayall in America, and we jammed… Mick Taylor is very good – frightening.” Further session work came in the form of accompanying pianist Champion Jack Dupree on a few tracks for Scooby Dooby Doo, as well as a single recorded by the Irish singer/songwriter Jonathan Kelly. “Make A Stranger Your Friend” featured Taylor along with a cast of thousands, most notably Beatles’ associate Klaus Voorman on bass and guitarist Albert Hammond.

thumbs up

There is another article, I believe also Melody Maker: After Hendrix blew Clapton off the stage in the Marquee club with Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker, Hendrix asked Clapton afterwards: "How come you cannot play the rhythm guitar?"

Maybe Eric should have countered with "...how come you can't tune the guitar " winking smiley

[Jimi maybe had a point . You've never seen Eric playing too many Chords ...But then again, neither did BB King]

Because Hendrix was playing a @#$%& Strat? cool smiley

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: September 19, 2019 19:32

Mick Taylor from below link thanks - First time I have read about MT coming up with the ending looping solo on MM

"I remember it vividly. He started playing the song on acoustic guitar. Sway was done very quickly. Mick actually played rhythm guitar on that; Keith wasn’t even around when we did that. I don’t think Keith is on Moonlight Mile either. I started playing the solo in an open tuning, which is why it sounds off the wall. And Paul Buckmaster did the string arrangement based on the riff I came up with.”

e: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now... new
Posted by: LieB ()
Date: September 18, 2019 23:26

By chance, I stumbled on this Mick Taylor interview in Classic Rock Magazine.
It's great and focuses mostly on his time with the Stones 1969-1974.

[www.loudersound.com]

Date: October 2, 2019 18:09

[www.youtube.com]
Los Ratones Paranoicos & Mick Taylor Informe de TV La Cueva TELEFE 1993

[www.youtube.com]

Date: October 3, 2019 01:02

Sometimes I wonder why they did the overdubs on JJF and Carol on YaYa's. These originals (+footage) in a way sound more spontaneous and 2-dimensional to me. Thanks to Kleermaker btw.

MSG 1969.

HTW/ MSG 1969

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: October 3, 2019 13:22

TheflyingDutchman
Sometimes I wonder why they did the overdubs on JJF and Carol on YaYa's. These originals (+footage) in a way sound more spontaneous and 2-dimensional to me. Thanks to Kleermaker btw.

MSG 1969.

HTW/ MSG 1969
I agree , it's like perfect leave it alone !

PRESNT OF MICK TAYLO
Posted by: MAYO ()
Date: October 4, 2019 21:21

I wonder if Mick still in business. He does not records. I heard long time ago here that he was in the studio but nothing was released. Not book biographies not reisssues, in fact nothing at all. Not really good news .

Re: PRESNT OF MICK TAYLO
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: October 4, 2019 21:42

No Taylo in studio how yo kno tho

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: October 5, 2019 02:15

When he released his last album ~20 years ago, he said he had more stuff in the can and a bunch of material yet to record. Hopefully he did.

Posted by: MAYO ()
Date: October 5, 2019 16:45

My good 20 years ago and the stones 14-15.i love them but honestly there are not more brain to squeeze, creativity was over long time ago.

Re: PRESNT OF MICK TAYLO
Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: October 5, 2019 18:55

MAYO
I wonder if Mick still in business. He does not records. I heard long time ago here that he was in the studio but nothing was released. Not book biographies not reisssues, in fact nothing at all. Not really good news .

When former Fleetwood Mac member Bob Weston died in 2012, he reportedly was scheduled to appear on a Mick Taylor session that day. [www.theguardian.com]

I wonder if anything was ever recorded by Mick Taylor for that project. It sure would do well with the classic rock crowd these days.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: October 5, 2019 21:25

He's retired.

Date: October 5, 2019 21:43

d by: S.T.P ()
Date: October 5, 2019 21:25

He's retired.

Yes but hopefully he still picks up the guitar and plays and goes down to the local coffee house or maybe some nice park.

Date: October 5, 2019 22:12

S.T.P
He's retired.

What a pity.He's only 70.

Date: October 5, 2019 22:17

He may be retired but he does have unreleased material. Hopefully he finds a way to get it out there, a lot of people love his playing.

It’s dirt cheap to release stuff via the digital platforms.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-05 22:17 by TravelinMan.

Date: October 6, 2019 15:43

TravelinMan
He may be retired but he does have unreleased material. Hopefully he finds a way to get it out there, a lot of people love his playing.

It’s dirt cheap to release stuff via the digital platforms.

I wonder if he gives a penny for that. If you haven't shown up for two or three years, the thrill of playing has most likely gone.

Date: October 7, 2019 17:34

Someone like Taylor should have filled a slot like Fleetwood Mac had open. Or with Paul McCartney; the Eagles; Paul Weller.
He was a world class guitarist, who could have easily had a flourishing career after the Stones. very possibly would have outdone his Stones output. In a way Taylor was his own worst enemy.

Date: October 7, 2019 21:02

Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now... new
Posted by: Palace Revolution 2000 ()
Date: October 7, 2019 17:34

Someone like Taylor should have filled a slot like Fleetwood Mac had open. Or with Paul McCartney; the Eagles; Paul Weller.
He was a world class guitarist, who could have easily had a flourishing career after the Stones. very possibly would have outdone his Stones output. In a way Taylor was his own worst enemy.

Yes his worst enemy - I wish he had the passion to continue,and fade away slowly like all great blues guitarists do some could say at 70 he is still relevant to play electric blues. A world class guitarists - Dylan saw him with the bluesbreakers and gave him work which was fantastic but for the life of me groups like the dead, Bad Company, gov,t mule, Allman brothers, why he was not considered always baffles me.

Mark Knopfler still has the passion and his life is making music to the end.

[www.youtube.com]

Mark Knopfler Going Home Madison Square Garden New York Sept 25 2019 4k

Date: October 7, 2019 22:11

Let's hope he's freed from further obligations or whatever @#$%& inner demons. Best version ever to me, the Richards - Taylor team:

I'm Free Oakland 1969.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: October 9, 2019 02:44

Where does Mick live?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: October 9, 2019 05:39

A small village in the Netherlands I believe. I'm quite sure he'd like his privacy respected, particularly since he doesn't have a retaining wall, moat, or guards.

Posted by: rbp ()
Date: October 10, 2019 23:02

Yeah hope he is doing okay.
My absolute favourite guitarist.
His playing with other people post Stones is even better than when he was with the
Stones which in itself was wonderful.

Date: October 10, 2019 23:49

A Stones Throw was such a great record all 10 songs packed with MT’s vibrato. I remember reading that he had left over tracks that at the time would make some next record but that never happened. Morning Comes is brilliant and MT’s version of Blind Willie is dynamite. He said he was in the studio with Dylan when Dylan cut the track and is on with Dylan

Date: October 11, 2019 04:26

OpenG
A Stones Throw was such a great record all 10 songs packed with MT’s vibrato. I remember reading that he had left over tracks that at the time would make some next record but that never happened. Morning Comes is brilliant and MT’s version of Blind Willie is dynamite. He said he was in the studio with Dylan when Dylan cut the track and is on with Dylan

Yeah, there is a cool bootleg of all the basic tracks from Infidels: “Power, Greed, & Corruptible Seed”. No rip roaring solos really, but a ton of great guitar work with Knopfler and him on each track. Plus it’s a neat look at how they made the album.

Posted by: WetWillie ()
Date: October 11, 2019 10:59

[www.youtube.com]

Has this release been discussed? I ran a search and got no hits.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: October 13, 2019 08:33

I was reading this 10 years old article and was wondering if Mick Taylor and the Stones camp got around some agreement about his royalties from the 5 albums he worked on.

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Date: October 13, 2019 10:25

kowalski
I was reading this 10 years old article and was wondering if Mick Taylor and the Stones camp got around some agreement about his royalties from the 5 albums he worked on.

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Some say he accepted a lump sum of money in 81/82 when they changed record company, and some say he didn't get anything. Hard to tell what really happened...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-13 10:26 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: October 13, 2019 11:53

DandelionPowderman
kowalski

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Some say he accepted a lump sum of money in 81/82 when they changed record company, and some say he didn't get anything. Hard to tell what really happened...

Correct. There were two main financial agreements, one in 1975 when he received his share of the Stones trust fund, and in 1981 when they changed record company. Further to this Taylor sold all his mechanical rights back to Promopub. His manager/girl friend keeps screaming that the Stones stole millions of royalties, which is utter bollocks. He recieved all the money he's owed, and spend it all.

Mathijs

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: October 13, 2019 13:32

Article in Guardian 10 years ago as well - Wed 16 Sep 2009

[www.theguardian.com]

Guitarist Mick Taylor still a fan of the Rolling Stones. Taylor's manager has denied reports that the musician was planning to sue his former bandmates for unpaid royalties, claiming he has a very good relationship with the Stones

Mick Taylor is rich, happy and loves the Rolling Stones. The manager for the Stones' former guitarist has denied reports Taylor is down on his luck and wants to sue his old band, insisting they have "a very good relationship".

According to manager Jeff Allen, Taylor felt "shock, horror and disbelief" reading a recent article in the Mail on Sunday. The piece depicted Taylor as full of regrets and vitriol, living in a "ramshackle cottage" in Suffolk. Despite playing on albums such as Sticky Fingers and Exile on Main St, Taylor had allegedly been denied royalties since 1982. "Hiring a lawyer is probably the only way they'll take me seriously," he was quoted as saying.

But that's simply not true, Allen told the NME yesterday. "He certainly didn't say that he was going to sue the Stones," Allen said. "He doesn't feel any need to sue ... Mick's got a very good relationship with the Stones."

"In fact, the last time we met up with them, him and Keith [Richards] were like long-lost lovers – hugging each other and happy to see each other. When Mick was ill either six or eight weeks ago with some kind of chest complaint, Mick Jagger had his office phone up to see what was going on, and then he phoned up the hospital just to check on Mick because they were worried about him. So there's absolutely no animosity between Mick and the Stones."

Not only are Taylor and his former bandmates best buddies, Taylor is living the life you would expect of the man who plays the guitar solo on Can't You Hear Me Knocking. "Mick is living in Holland at the moment with his girlfriend," Allen said. Rather than being "some kind of run-down, down-and-out tramp ... Mick's having the house done up."

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...247248249250251252253254255256257...LastNext
Current Page: 252 of 307

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1627
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home