Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...230231232233234235236237238239240...LastNext
Current Page: 235 of 307
Re: Taylor on Bass Question
Date: April 12, 2019 14:30

MT's basslines mirror his relationship to guitar and music - they are melodic; and busy, in a good way. I would assume he pretty much picked up whatever Bass and rig was laying around at the time. Because we know that when Keith or MT did Bass on songs it was often a matter of convenience.

It is hard calling anyone "The greatest Bass man" in rock, but Bill would be way up there. There are obviously the creme of the crop like Jamerson, Kaye and all; but I have always liked Greg Ridley from Humble Pie, and Ronnie Lane in the Faces heyday. Lane was underrated as a bassist. When the Faces would do "Im Losing You" or "Bad'n Ruin", you had Kenney, Mac and Wood holding it down, but downstairs Lane would be rumbling around, with no net, all counterpoint.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 12, 2019 15:15

Palace Revolution 2000
When the Faces would do "Im Losing You" or "Bad'n Ruin", you had Kenney, Mac and Wood holding it down, but downstairs Lane would be rumbling around, with no net, all counterpoint.

thumbs up

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: April 12, 2019 18:28

Both Faces and H. Pie had good bass, - and drums! (Jerry Shirley).
And I saw both of them live . .

Date: April 12, 2019 20:12

Palace Revolution 2000
MT's basslines mirror his relationship to guitar and music - they are melodic; and busy, in a good way.

Correct. That goes for every good selfmade guitarist actually.

Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: April 19, 2019 18:16

[www.youtube.com]

great recording - Taylor's guitar up front and center

Mick Taylor with Corky Llaing's ALL-STARS
1988-06-04
Bridgeport, Connecticut USA
Club Tip-Toe

1st show
Hi-Heel Sneakers
Laundromat Blues
Politician
Red House
Crossroads
Leather Jacket
Lucille
Rocky Mountain Way

2nd show
Money
Born Under A Bad Sign
Theme From An Imaginary Western
Sunshine Of Your Love
Instrumental
Honky Tonk Women
Mississippi Queen
Can’t You Hear Me Knocking

Mick Taylor guitar vocals
Corky Laing drums, vocals
Mark Clarke bass
Lester Chambers percussion

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: April 19, 2019 20:39

OpenG
[www.youtube.com]

great recording - Taylor's guitar up front and center

Mick Taylor with Corky Llaing's ALL-STARS
1988-06-04
Bridgeport, Connecticut USA
Club Tip-Toe

1st show
Hi-Heel Sneakers
Laundromat Blues
Politician
Red House
Crossroads
Leather Jacket
Lucille
Rocky Mountain Way

2nd show
Money
Born Under A Bad Sign
Theme From An Imaginary Western
Sunshine Of Your Love
Instrumental
Honky Tonk Women
Mississippi Queen
Can’t You Hear Me Knocking

Mick Taylor guitar vocals
Corky Laing drums, vocals
Mark Clarke bass
Lester Chambers percussion

Great band and killer guitarplaying by Mick Taylor, I love the covers and a favourite Joe Walsh Rocky Mountain Way

Date: April 19, 2019 21:54

Thanks for sharing. Business as usual. I love it. thumbs up

Date: April 21, 2019 20:55

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: April 21, 2019 21:43

What a great great guitarist.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: April 22, 2019 17:56

MT At Arthurs Club - MT does not play the solo on Little Wing - I posted way back that I thought it may be MT but was not correct to bad.

Date: April 22, 2019 18:00

That's correct, it's Snowy White, he also plays the first solo on CYHMN. A good duo, Mick and Snowy.cool smiley

Date: May 16, 2019 00:29

An Evergreen to me.

Masters of War.

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: May 16, 2019 00:44

I miss hearing fresh live Mick Taylor lead

Date: May 16, 2019 00:56

That dream is over, it seems.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: May 16, 2019 00:58

When is the last time Mick Taylor has been seen in public?

Date: May 16, 2019 18:13

I think he has retired hope he is well and happy. In retirement I hope he still picks up the guitar.

I have been listening a lot to Dean Deleo of STP - love how he uses chords phrasing and how he incorporates some jazz into rock.

Listen to this wow bridge and solo outro from like 2.30 to end - on Thought She Be Mine from self titled album STP 2018.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: May 16, 2019 21:34

TornAndFried
When is the last time Mick Taylor has been seen in public?

On this board I'm probably the one who most recently saw him in public (9 months ago).
Unfortunately he didn't have a guitar in his hands, he was shopping...

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 16, 2019 21:36

Think of how much MT made guesting on the Stones tour between 2012 and 2014 (20k 30k per gig?). Multiply the sum by the number of shows played and you'll see MT has a gathered a pretty neat pension plan.

Now's time to buy a fishing pole. grinning smiley

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: May 16, 2019 21:51

i hope he wants to play again..

Date: May 16, 2019 22:44

dcba
Think of how much MT made guesting on the Stones tour between 2012 and 2014 (20k 30k per gig?). Multiply the sum by the number of shows played and you'll see MT has a gathered a pretty neat pension plan.

I don't think he made anywhere near that much money on those tours. And even if he did he was broke for so many years it hardly makes up for it now. His net worth is listed at less than half a million pounds. Considering he played on some of the most famous records in rock history that is really pitiful.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-17 21:29 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 16, 2019 23:21

I know it's his choice, but Mick Taylor has got so much to offer when it comes to playing the guitar, and it seems such a shame he isn't doing what he does best.
That is, playing in a band which is really appreciated by the people who love to watch them live, or listen to the music on all the various stuff that is available these days.

Your fans are missing you Mick.
Please get back on the road again or do some recording with some good musicians and vocalists to give us something else to look forward to in 2019. smileys with beer

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: May 17, 2019 03:19

There is a Mick Taylor
O
FB page "Time Waits for No One".

Date: May 17, 2019 03:45

crawdaddy
I know it's his choice, but Mick Taylor has got so much to offer when it comes to playing the guitar, and it seems such a shame he isn't doing what he does best.
That is, playing in a band which is really appreciated by the people who love to watch them live, or listen to the music on all the various stuff that is available these days.

Please get back on the road again or do some recording with some good musicians and vocalists to give us something else to look forward to in 2019. smileys with beer

Mick and Keith screwed Taylor on the 2012-14 tours. They relegated this him to a couple of songs then had him sitting around backstage for the bulk of the show. They could have found a way to incorporate him into the band but choose to treat him like an outsider then drop him completely when it no longer suited then, even as Keith's has been struggling to play his most basic riffs. Just one more reason why I have a love/hate relationship with this band.

Date: May 17, 2019 18:08

[www.youtube.com]

Mick Taylor Live in London -

Date: May 17, 2019 18:11

PhillyFAN
There is a Mick Taylor
O
FB page "Time Waits for No One".

+ The Mick Taylor Fan Club. I prefer the latter.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: May 17, 2019 19:07

TornAndFried
crawdaddy

Mick and Keith screwed Taylor on the 2012-14 tours. They relegated this him to a couple of songs then had him sitting around backstage for the bulk of the show. They could have found a way to incorporate him into the band but choose to treat him like an outsider then drop him completely when it no longer suited then, even as Keith's has been struggling to play his most basic riffs. Just one more reason why I have a love/hate relationship with this band.

You can only "screw" someone when you don't stick to the original deal. So what was exactly discussed and agreed between Taylor and the band prior to his involvement?

However, I was probably as disappointed as you when I experienced the degree of his participation - far below my personal expectations to say the least.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-17 19:13 by retired_dog.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 17, 2019 19:18

TornAndFried
dcba

I don't think he made anywhere near that much money on those tours. And even if he did he was broke for so many years it hardly makes up for it now. His net worth is listed at less than half a million pounds. That's really pretty sad.

His own choice to leave Stones.
His own choice to burn his money
Most people do no half a million GPB net worth

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 17, 2019 19:28

retired_dog
TornAndFried
crawdaddy

You can only "screw" someone when you don't stick to the original deal. So what was exactly discussed and agreed between Taylor and the band prior to his involvement?

However, I was probably as disappointed as you when I experienced the degree of his participation - far below my personal expectations to say the least.

If anything, it was the fans who were screwed having been deprived of more Taylor, but at least we were able to experience it at all, and his involvement made the tour one of the best in a long time imo.
As for Taylor, he made his appearances, made his money, and probably was satisfied with it all. A shame they didn't keep him for the following tours though, and imagine if he was included in some of the studio sessions!
It's a crime he wasn't invited to play on some of the Blue and Lonesome sessions.

Date: May 17, 2019 19:35

ted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 17, 2019 19:18

TornAndFried
dcba

Now's time to buy a fishing pole.

I don't think he made anywhere near that much money on those tours. And even if he did he was broke for so many years it hardly makes up for it now. His net worth is listed at less than half a million pounds. That's really pretty sad.

His own choice to leave Stones.
His own choice to burn his money
Most people do no half a million GPB net worth

Yes MT made bad choices and his lack of motivation to put out more music was sad for those who love his playing. Yes he has said that he played on the greatest records with the stones and left the stones and quit the whole music industry because he felt he was not treated fairly but that has happened to many over the years. He still has some wealth and is better off at age 70 then most. Here in the USA most of the population does not even have 1,000 in savings for emergency.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: May 17, 2019 19:49

MT must also have some Infidels, Real Live, and Empire Burlesque royalties, from Dylan, as a guitarist.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...230231232233234235236237238239240...LastNext
Current Page: 235 of 307

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2005
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home