Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...227228229230231232233234235236237...LastNext
Current Page: 232 of 307
Post: Mick Taylor did produce "Cat's Eyes" by Robin Millar now after 45 years on sale by publisher Apcor
Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: February 14, 2019 23:51

My friend Ed has problems getting access to IORR
Ed is the original torrenteer of the 50 Years of Dirty Work.
He asked me to publish this news bulletin in his name.

In 1974, a young artist by the name of Robin Millar entered The Beatles' Apple Studios to record his first solo album. The LP was to be produced by Rolling Stone Mick Taylor, who also happened to be Robin's brother-in-law at that time. Both men worked hard on the album with the aid of Gordon Raitt on bass and Jamie Lane on drums and with the help of legendary session musicians (and Beatles session men!) Billy Preston, Nicky Hopkins and Bobby Keys they made a splendid album which would undoubtedly have achieved great success, had it been released at the time. However, when Mick Taylor announced his departure from The Rolling Stones, the record company withdrew their support for this album and it was shelved. (Only one single made it out, Catch As Catch Can c/w For My Life, the B-side of which was an edit of the originally 7.15 minute track). Unreleased, that is, until now, 45 years later, when Robin granted APCOR the rights to the much belated release of this masterpiece.

Cat's Eyes is a truly undiscovered gem which, hopefully, finally gets the attention it should have received almost half a century ago. The songs are well-crafted, the singing is beautiful and the playing is immaculate. Ten strong songs make up all of the 53 minutes and 32 seconds of the album, which was sourced from the original 2-track Apple master mix-down tapes.

Two versions of the album will be made available:
1) A 12" vinyl LP on splattered vinyl (Apcor LP03), housed in a gatefold cover (based on the original artwork) and a download voucher for all 10 songs as WAV files.
This edition will be numbered and strictly limited to 300 copies worldwide and will retail at 40 Euros.

2) A Compact Disc, housed in a gatefold cover (Apcor CD02), with the album's original 10 tracks plus an additional bonus track, the single edit of For My Life.
This edition will be limited to 500 copies worldwide and retail at 15 Euros.

The album will appeal to both Rolling Stones collectors and Beatles and Apple aficiandos and we expect especially the vinyl edition to be fully subscribed very quickly, so get your pre-orders in right now - as always, these products will be sold on a first come, first served basis! Of course you can order both the LP and the CD and save on shipping costs! We expect to start shipping in May 2019.

Watch our YouTube presentation to get a whiff of this majestic album: [www.youtube.com] and get your orders in at: www.apcor.net

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-14 23:54 by stonesmuziekfan.

Re: Post: Mick Taylor did produce "Cat's Eyes" by Robin Millar now after 45 years on sale by publisher Apcor
Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: February 15, 2019 16:16

i think i did order one

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Re: Post: Mick Taylor did produce "Cat's Eyes" by Robin Millar now after 45 years on sale by publisher Apcor
Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: February 16, 2019 21:50

This sounds great!

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: February 16, 2019 23:28

The first song from the video clip sounds awesome and has that traveling man vibe. The second song the opening guitar has jivin sister fanine vibe.

Date: February 16, 2019 23:33

So if this is Taylor on those trailer clips and he is playing that style maybe he had more input on Traveling man and jivin sister then we thought with stones

Posted by: ChrisMahavishnu ()
Date: February 17, 2019 11:18

Thanks for sharing, the previews sounds great, ordered!

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: February 17, 2019 17:35

OpenG
So if this is Taylor on those trailer clips and he is playing that style maybe he had more input on Traveling man and jivin sister then we thought with stones

Mick Taylor is Traveling Man!

Anyway, I had no idea his former brother in law was a major music producer. What could have been, Mr. Taylor!

Anyway, anyway, the album sounds pretty good and I will be getting it. It reminds me of Danny Kirwan's "Second Chapter".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-17 17:36 by TravelinMan.

Posted by: thomashanck ()
Date: February 17, 2019 20:47

take a look at this post from me several weeks ago …

[iorr.org]

Date: February 18, 2019 17:48

sted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: February 17, 2019 17:35

OpenG

Mick Taylor is Traveling Man!

Anyway, I had no idea his former brother in law was a major music producer. What could have been, Mr. Taylor!

Anyway, anyway, the album sounds pretty good and I will be getting it. It
reminds me of Danny Kirwan's "Second Chapter".

Thanks - Yes I know MT's guitar drives traveling man - my point being the title of he thread with MT as producer - maybe he had more input in the song with jagger and maybe he brought the song to him during the jam outtake

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: February 18, 2019 18:47

Apple Studios !?! I never knew such a thing existed.

Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 18, 2019 22:34

RollingFreak
Mick Taylor is so @#$%& good.

Listen here - Winter together with Carla Olson

[www.youtube.com]

Date: February 20, 2019 21:32

[www.youtube.com]

ROLLING STONES: Living In The Heart Of Love (IORR-Outtake 1974)

nice guitar by Keith - MT comes in at 3.10 mark

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: February 21, 2019 10:57

OpenG
[www.youtube.com]

So quick did that sound become cliche and dull.

Date: February 21, 2019 11:57

His Majesty
OpenG
[www.youtube.com]

So quick did that sound become cliche and dull.

Luxury!!

Date: February 21, 2019 12:02

mtaylor

Luxury!!

Boring!!

Date: February 21, 2019 12:07

His Majesty
mtaylor

Luxury!!

Boring!!

The song Luxury - same sound. Maybe boring.

Date: February 21, 2019 18:00

[www.youtube.com]

The Rolling Stones - Fast Talking Slow Walking, 1973 Outtake (Goats Head Soup)

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: February 22, 2019 18:39

just acquired the 4 disk 1981 kansas city boot. Taylor audible, esp if you take the time to familiarise yourself with what richards/woods parts live were so know whats new/added.

Beast of Burden 1981,
i recommend listening to it played live with taylor and the next night without taylor. he has a great great riff half way through. really decent and brings something new to it.

Also Miss You has a really meaty nibble riff towards the end thats only there for a tiny bit, its looped a few times but wow, its like a super fast reverse scale from top o neck travelling downward, its like 2 secs if that but looped up a few times, really nice.

Woods to me has a stinker on this night. if anyone over plays its him, in general taylor appears to start playing in the second half of each tune having listened to the first half of it before committing to playing.if in doubt listen to the night with taylor to the night without, he plays a million more notes, and not necessarily the ones that match the songs. sounds like he'd had a few toots on the crack pipe too many that night - if in doubt i recommend YCAGWYW as a piece to explore. anyhow thats a dif convo and not one I'm keen on recounting. but i get it if woods got spooked this night, just wish rather than stir the pot, he'd said yeah he appeared, didn't leave and that (with my crack pipe addiction in full throw here) it threw me

interesting time. i got to be fair and say, phaser flange chorus isn't a good sound with gtrs all thru a gig. 1980s guitar equip for the big boys resulted in some really poor equip choices urgh yuck yuck

anyhow - if you take the time to get used to the styles and parts as a template around this date of the tour, you can feel/hear who's down what a lot better

Date: February 22, 2019 19:01

y: Captainchaos ()
Date: February 22, 2019 18:39

just acquired the 4 disk 1981 kansas city boot. Taylor audible, esp if you take the time to familiarise yourself with what richards/woods parts live were so know whats new/added.

Beast of Burden 1981,
i recommend listening to it played live with taylor and the next night without taylor. he has a great great riff half way through. really decent and brings something new to it.

Also Miss You has a really meaty nibble riff towards the end thats only there for a tiny bit, its looped a few times but wow, its like a super fast reverse scale from top o neck travelling downward, its like 2 secs if that but looped up a few times, really nice.

Woods to me has a stinker on this night. if anyone over plays its him, in general taylor appears to start playing in the second half of each tune having listened to the first half of it before committing to playing.if in doubt listen to the night with taylor to the night without, he plays a million more notes, and not necessarily the ones that match the songs. sounds like he'd had a few toots on the crack pipe too many that night - if in doubt i recommend YCAGWYW as a piece to explore. anyhow thats a dif convo and not one I'm keen on recounting. but i get it if woods got spooked this night, just wish rather than stir the pot, he'd said yeah he appeared, didn't leave and that (with my crack pipe addiction in full throw here) it threw me

interesting time. i got to be fair and say, phaser flange chorus isn't a good sound with gtrs all thru a gig. 1980s guitar equip for the big boys resulted in some really poor equip choices urgh yuck yuck

anyhow - if you take the time to get used to the styles and parts as a template around this date of the tour, you can feel/hear who's down what a lot better

That show proved the 3 guitar attack could work and I agree Taylor listened to the songs he played for the first few minutes before he would add and enrich the songs.

Date: February 22, 2019 20:15

[www.youtube.com]

London Wembley '84 8°- Dylan, Clapton, MT and Carlos Santana

MT - nice slide starts at 3.23

Date: February 24, 2019 20:58

"You'll be a hard act to follow, a bitter pill to swallow, you'll be tough, you'll be tough to replace" could be directed towards Taylor?

Plundered My Soul - Taylor was around Jagger at the time when he came up with lyrics ? Wonder if the above line had any Taylor reflections by Jagger

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 24, 2019 21:21

OpenG
"You'll be a hard act to follow, a bitter pill to swallow, you'll be tough, you'll be tough to replace" could be directed towards Taylor?

Plundered My Soul - Taylor was around Jagger at the time when he came up with lyrics ? Wonder if the above line had any Taylor reflections by Jagger

Could also be about many of Jaggers lovers and ex women. Could be about Keef. Could be about the Dutch Fans.

Jeroen

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 24, 2019 21:42

OpenG

Wonder if the above line had any Taylor reflections by Jagger

You underestimate Jagger. Once you've left the Stones ark he simply forgets you (unlike Keef who likes to keep ties with people who "got out of the boat" : Bobby Keys or Mick T.).

pre order Robin Millar/Mick Taylor LP/CD
Posted by: jumpingjflash ()
Date: March 4, 2019 22:17

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: March 15, 2019 11:39

ErwinH
gotdablouse
ErwinH
The last gigs I heard about were:

Lifting the Blues
Mick Taylor special guest
with the Ben Waters Band
Cheltenham
october 2016

An evening for Jack
A celebration of the life & music of Jack Bruce
London
october 2016

Henley Festival
Mick Taylor special guest
with the Ben Waters Band
Henley on Thames
July 2016

October 2016 is 2.5 years ago,
any gigs after that?

Thanks for the summary, hope there are more to come at some point !

I live quite near MT... but never hear or read he plays at a local pub or something. Last time I saw him at a local jam was in 2001 orso.

Taylor has retired from the music scene.

Mathijs

Date: March 15, 2019 15:16

Wow what is the source for that information has someone said that from people close to him

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: March 15, 2019 15:34

It's time for the real story to be told...
if anyone here knows, please tell it.

Maybe he can be "saved" if the public becomes aware.

Date: March 15, 2019 15:44

Beat Instrumental - 1969

Date: March 15, 2019 15:49

Date: March 15, 2019 16:03

Thanks for posting this HM. Imagine you get a job like that as a 19 years old guitarist.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-15 16:04 by TheflyingDutchman.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...227228229230231232233234235236237...LastNext
Current Page: 232 of 307

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1094
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home