Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...214215216217218219220221222223224...LastNext
Current Page: 219 of 307
Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: Testify ()
Date: July 13, 2018 23:21

The Rolling Stones played for their 50th anniversary and decided that the shows should have had many guests to celebrate the anniversary. For this reason he was called M. Taylor and Bill W. All the rest seem to me only stories invented by those who always see something else.
They all celebrated together and it was good.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: July 14, 2018 17:21

My 2¢ regarding why Taylor wasn't invited back after 2013... The modern version of the Stones' stage show is fairly well choreographed by Jagger. They start precicely when Mick intends, and more so, end precisely when he wants them to. I think Taylor's free lancing extended solos lasted longer than Mick would've preferred. In my opinion, I think Mick felt he was "losing" the crowd during some of these moments. (He wasn't)

Revisit a couple videos I shot from the tongue pit during that 50 and counting tour. First Midnight Rambler from Newark in 2012, and CYHMK from Philly in 2013. You can really get a feel for the body language, (mostly good and feeling it) and the communication between the band members. I do get the feeling watching this though Mick would've preferred Taylor wrapped things up a bit earlier and I think this contributed to him not wanting to bring Taylor back into the fold or along for the 14 on fire, Zip Code and subsequent tours. Also, in MR note how MT nudges Keith at the 9:17 mark to get it going. This couldn't have set well with Keith. No one tells him when to get going in his song. JMHO.

video: [www.youtube.com]

Date: July 14, 2018 17:23

Can't You Hear Me Knocking Philly 2013 video: [www.youtube.com]

Date: July 14, 2018 17:28

One last note. I find it curious, in this day of releasing so much live material as a way of selling another live album, nothing including Taylor from 50and Counting was ever officially released, unless I'm missing something?

Oh and btw, I'm still hoping to find any recorded material at all, either video or audio of the Echoplex gig in LA. The only time Taylor was on stage during Love in Vain during that tour. I had such high hopes prior to that tour of getting to hear him reprise his amazing solo from "Ladies and Gentleman" but I was told from someone who was in the room, that he basically just accompanied Keith on the main rhythm and Ronnie handled Taylor's solo. So weird.

Date: July 14, 2018 18:02

jazzbass
My 2¢ regarding why Taylor wasn't invited back after 2013... The modern version of the Stones' stage show is fairly well choreographed by Jagger. They start precicely when Mick intends, and more so, end precisely when he wants them to. I think Taylor's free lancing extended solos lasted longer than Mick would've preferred. In my opinion, I think Mick felt he was "losing" the crowd during some of these moments. (He wasn't)

Revisit a couple videos I shot from the tongue pit during that 50 and counting tour. First Midnight Rambler from Newark in 2012, and CYHMK from Philly in 2013. You can really get a feel for the body language, (mostly good and feeling it) and the communication between the band members. I do get the feeling watching this though Mick would've preferred Taylor wrapped things up a bit earlier and I think this contributed to him not wanting to bring Taylor back into the fold or along for the 14 on fire, Zip Code and subsequent tours. Also, in MR note how MT nudges Keith at the 9:17 mark to get it going. This couldn't have set well with Keith. No one tells him when to get going in his song. JMHO.

video: [www.youtube.com]

Taylor played the 14 On Fire-tour as well. It was for the SF-themed Zip Code-tour he didn't get an invitation.

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: July 14, 2018 18:31

I always thought mick was the insurance because Keith was in such wobbly shape and as he became more reliable, there was less need for the insurance ( plus all the minor irritations note) but you can imagine all sorts of things -no one outside the band will ever know for sure.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: July 14, 2018 20:14

jazzbass
One last note. I find it curious, in this day of releasing so much live material as a way of selling another live album, nothing including Taylor from 50and Counting was ever officially released, unless I'm missing something?

Oh and btw, I'm still hoping to find any recorded material at all, either video or audio of the Echoplex gig in LA. The only time Taylor was on stage during Love in Vain during that tour. I had such high hopes prior to that tour of getting to hear him reprise his amazing solo from "Ladies and Gentleman" but I was told from someone who was in the room, that he basically just accompanied Keith on the main rhythm and Ronnie handled Taylor's solo. So weird.
Everything in your post is so accurate and yeah, I just chalk it up to them being very weird for some reason with what they choose to release and continue live going forward. Looking for logic is probably worthless.

Date: July 14, 2018 20:59

RollingFreak
jazzbass

Everything in your post is so accurate and yeah, I just chalk it up to them being very weird for some reason with what they choose to release and continue live going forward. Looking for logic is probably worthless.

Ironic? Most of that post was incorrect smiling smiley

I wasn't there, but I was told Taylor didn't solo on LIV because of some trouble with his bottleneck, or something.

And Taylor is loud and clear on the officially released Sweet Summer Sun on two tracks.

Date: July 14, 2018 21:28

DandelionPowderman

I wasn't there, but I was told Taylor didn't solo on LIV because of some trouble with his bottleneck, or something.

That's interesting.. Taylor used to play great LIV solos without bottleneck, both on the 1970 and the 1972 tour.

Date: July 14, 2018 22:05

TheflyingDutchman
DandelionPowderman

That's interesting.. Taylor used to play great LIV solos without bottleneck, both on the 1970 and the 1972 tour.

Often one solo with a slide and one without, but that wasn't the point here. If memory serves he had planned a slide solo, but didn't get the bottleneck before it was too late. Please confirm this, anyone who was there. It was mentioned on IORR a while after the Echoplex-show.

Date: July 14, 2018 22:57

DandelionPowderman
TheflyingDutchman
DandelionPowderman

Often one solo with a slide and one without, but that wasn't the point here. If memory serves he had planned a slide solo, but didn't get the bottleneck before it was too late. Please confirm this, anyone who was there. It was mentioned on IORR a while after the Echoplex-show.

I always have a spare bottleneck with me on precious occasions. And you?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-14 23:01 by TheflyingDutchman.

Date: July 15, 2018 01:25

TheflyingDutchman
DandelionPowderman
TheflyingDutchman
DandelionPowderman

I always have a spare bottleneck with me on precious occasions. And you?

Yep. It's very easy to get accustomed to trusting the roadies, though (for musicians who have those) smiling smiley

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: July 15, 2018 20:49

[www.youtube.com]

Dramarama with Mick Taylor-Volunteer Mick starts at 3.12

Date: July 15, 2018 21:27

OpenG
[www.youtube.com]

Dramarama with Mick Taylor-Volunteer Mick starts at 3.12

Thanks for sharing. Taylor plays the right notes at the right time. Beautiful.

Posted by: joshbg2k ()
Date: July 15, 2018 23:49

Taylor’s guitar guy gave me one of his glass slides at one of the Iridium shows. Gladly would have lended it back to him to hear LIV.

Re: What's Mick Taylor been up to?
Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: July 17, 2018 00:33

Rocky Dijon
keithsman
I wonder if they felt for him, he was completely broke at the time, i can imagine Keith or Charlie suggesting it, maybe not Ronnie as Taylor did tend to blow him off the Stage at the time.

While it's speculation only on either of our part, I think Ronnie is more supportive of Mr. Taylor than not. He shared the stage with Mick for the "Save the 100 Club" show in December 2010 and the "Boogie for Stu" shows at the Ambassadors Theatre in March 2011. Mick played on Ronnie's solo session when Ronnie cut a track for "CSI:MIAMI" in 2012 and in June of that year, Mick joined "Ronnie Wood & Friends" for "BluesFest" at the Hammersmith Apollo. He joined "Ronnie Wood & Friends" again the following year to play "BluesFest" at the Royal Albert Hall in November 2013 and then followed it with three club dates in New York together. Mick attended Ronnie's art exhibition in Stockholm in June 2014 and they played the benefit for the London Roundhouse together in March 2015.

All told, I would say they enjoy playing with one another and get along quite well.

Yeah sure Rocky, but Ronnie inviting Taylor to play at benefit concerts with him is a different matter to Jagger inviting Taylor to tour with the Stones.
I doubt Ronnie suggested he come along for obvious reasons.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 17, 2018 00:50

keithsman
Yeah sure Rocky, but Ronnie inviting Taylor to play at benefit concerts with him is a different matter to Jagger inviting Taylor to tour with the Stones.

Disagree on both points, keithsman cool smiley
Went to several of the shows and never witnessed anyone blowing Ronnie off the stage.

I believe Ronnie was extremely welcoming and doubt he felt a twinge of insecurity.
Check out the very end of this clip of Midnight Rambler from Vegas, just after Taylor led them all literally to their knees.. great moment for sure but look at how thrilled Ronnie is for Taylor.. putting the spotlight on him.
[youtu.be]

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: July 17, 2018 01:00

in any public comments I have seen or read Ronnie has been very Kind to Mick Taylor. As I remember, the interviews within the Fonda show DVD are a good example. Specifically Ronnie’s remarks regarding Can’t you hear me Knocking.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 17, 2018 01:09

I believe Ronnie is in absolute awe of Mick Taylor and was honored to share the stage with him, just as the other band members were.
Keith has called him a virtuoso, Charlie said their best days musically were when Taylor was in the band, and Mick has echoed similar sentiments.
Must have been thrilling for Ronnie to stand side by side with Mick Taylor playing on those classic tunes, and seems he learned a few tricks from the master as his playing became better after that tour.

Date: July 17, 2018 01:10

MisterDDDD
keithsman

Went to several of the shows and never witnessed anyone blowing Ronnie off the stage.

I believe Ronnie was extremely welcoming and doubt he felt a twinge of insecurity.
Check out the very end of this clip of Midnight Rambler from Vegas, just after Taylor led them all literally to their knees.. great moment for sure but look at how thrilled Ronnie is for Taylor.. putting the spotlight on him.
[youtu.be]

Well yes of course that is the type of man Ronnie is, very welcoming and gracious, he would have looked a bit of a dick if he went off and sulked lol/
But in his quieter moments Ronnie must have felt a little insecure or he wouldn't be human, these are Taylor's parts being played in a way Ronnie can't.
I actually think it was Jagger who had a problem with Taylor, often cutting his solo's short as you can see from this clip.

Just reading one of the comments below on the youtube clip by crashed and cursed kind of mirrored my thoughts winking smiley
[www.youtube.com]

Date: July 17, 2018 01:19

Date: July 17, 2018 21:18

Mick Taylor with Black Cat Moan- Mick's Song

[www.youtube.com]

MT's guitar glistens to the heavens

Date: July 17, 2018 21:50

OpenG
Mick Taylor with Black Cat Moan- Mick's Song

[www.youtube.com]

MT's guitar glistens to the heavens

Wow that's really nice playing, love it, thank's for the heads up OpenG thumbs up

Date: July 17, 2018 22:03

keithsman
MisterDDDD
keithsman

[youtu.be]

Well yes of course that is the type of man Ronnie is, very welcoming and gracious, he would have looked a bit of a dick if he went off and sulked lol/
But in his quieter moments Ronnie must have felt a little insecure or he wouldn't be human, these are Taylor's parts being played in a way Ronnie can't.
I actually think it was Jagger who had a problem with Taylor, often cutting his solo's short as you can see from this clip.

Just reading one of the comments below on the youtube clip by crashed and cursed kind of mirrored my thoughts winking smiley
[www.youtube.com]

Then again, Taylor never played those "Taylor parts", Riffie. He was winging it all the time: on MR, Sway, CYHMK, Silver Train etc. smiling smiley

It looked like Keith and Ronnie loved to have him on board to me.

Date: July 17, 2018 22:57

[www.youtube.com]

Adam Bomb with Mick Taylor - Heaven Come To Me

Date: July 17, 2018 23:05

[www.youtube.com]

Mick Taylor - get out of my life woman_0001.wmv

Date: July 17, 2018 23:14

[www.youtube.com]

Mick Taylor with Chuck St Troy

Somebodys Been Enjoying My Home

Date: July 17, 2018 23:18

[www.youtube.com]

Mick Taylor - Stranger in this town

What A Pipe Dream if this was performed by the rolling stones wow

Date: July 17, 2018 23:23

[www.youtube.com]

MT Jamming in friends house in Colorado.

Date: July 18, 2018 17:44

[www.youtube.com]

Mick Taylor with Debbie Davies

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...214215216217218219220221222223224...LastNext
Current Page: 219 of 307

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2030
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home