Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...182183184185186187188189190191192...LastNext
Current Page: 187 of 307
Re: Mick Taylor makes public outrage on Facebook regarding Exhibitionism
Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: April 8, 2016 01:41

Latest info on Clapton FBK has Eric guesting on at least one song on the blues album. I could see this coming and Taylor must be livid.

Posted by: onestep ()
Date: April 8, 2016 15:01

The Rolling Stones are very generous to Mick Taylor on their website, I mean they have the former members links, and the collaborators links. It doesn't seem that they are taking all the credit for their sound past and present, although they are the orchestrators of their sound and productions. Just like they have always been.....

[www.rollingstones.com]

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: April 8, 2016 15:07

DoomandGloom
Latest info on Clapton FBK has Eric guesting on at least one song on the blues album. I could see this coming and Taylor must be livid.

What else can you see coming as far as the new album is concerned?

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 8, 2016 16:27

onestep
The Rolling Stones are very generous to Mick Taylor on their website, I mean they have the former members links, and the collaborators links. It doesn't seem that they are taking all the credit for their sound past and present, although they are the orchestrators of their sound and productions. Just like they have always been.....

[www.rollingstones.com]

That is very true onestep.

Date: April 8, 2016 18:41

Harlem Shuffler
DoomandGloom

What else can you see coming as far as the new album is concerned?
. Clapton or a Clapton type soloist is a given. I am totally looking forward to a blue based project after the wall of mush they have presented in the recent past. Mick is in great voice these days it will be interesting to see if they can deliver a project that echos their first record.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 8, 2016 19:43

erad
Could you really imagine Mick Taylor playing on songs like Feelin Like Making Love? He was musically bored with the Stones, and IORR was a much more adventurous album than anything Bad Company released.

yes and it would've been great actually.that band were ace musicians,King Crimsons Boz Burrell on bass,Motts Mick Ralphs,and of course,as we said Simon Kirke and Paul Rogers from the Free.

being an ex from THE Rolling Stones would've made Mick Taylor the biggest name in the band and given him room to write and play pretty much anything he wanted as far as contributions to the music.

add to it they were managed by Peter Grant.his acts got PAID and if they didnt people got hurt.since about four of their first five albums went platinum Taylor wouldn't have been worrying about table scraps from Mick and Keith.

how one of the great guitar players ended up like this so many years later,worrying about some

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 8, 2016 19:54

sorry, i sent that to quick.last line was-

how one of the great guitar players ended up like this so many years later, worrying about some nonsense,it's heartbreaking to see really.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 8, 2016 19:59

DoomandGloom

Link please

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: April 8, 2016 20:45

Imo, it was MT´s haughtyness that made him stumble and fall in the end.

I´m sorry to ask , but what happened to Mick Taylor
Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: April 8, 2016 22:32

Ok we all know he wasn´t invited back to tour, but how come he is not around the Exhibition? Seems like the fling didn´t end well. Hope the ole sod is ok...

Re: I´m sorry to ask , but what happened to Mick Taylor
Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: April 8, 2016 22:34

Keep up!
Seven pages worth here:
[www.iorr.org]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-08 22:35 by Deltics.

Re: I´m sorry to ask , but what happened to Mick Taylor
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 8, 2016 22:34

This has been discussed for several days now - LOL

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 8, 2016 22:54

Again and again. Speculations. Conspiracy theories. There is already a thread where these discussions do belong, if you need to express your opinions regarding Mick Taylor and The Rolling Stones. That is why this new thread is merged into the "old " Mick Taylor talks thread.

Bjornulf

Posted by: FrankG ()
Date: April 8, 2016 23:15

onestep

[www.rollingstones.com]

I'm not too sure this is generosity, mostly this is done due to contracts etc. To be honest, I don't think the Stones showed too much generosity only using him for Midnight Rambler (and acoustic guitar on Satisfaction) bar some exceptions on the recent tours. However, I don't blame them.At the end of the day it is a business. And I was happy to finally personally see MT perform with the Stones live.

Date: April 8, 2016 23:38

I dont know any other group who gave an ex-member a guest spot like the Stones did. So they were indeed very generous to give MT the opportunity to make a few bucks. He spent some 20 minutes on stage at every gig - a lot of time considering he is only an ex-member who left them out of the blue when they were to record a new album and go on tour in the seventies. I dont know if I would have been so generous to an illoyal bandmate. His behaviour was always strange and - as you can see - stayed that way. If he had an entitlement to receive royalties he would receive royalities. He doesnt get any royalties because he has no legal entitlement, it´s that easy. If everything in his career after his departure went wrong then maybe he himself is to blame. Me personally think his haughtyness is to blame, it wasnt all bad luck, it was mainly his haughtyness.

Posted by: champ72 ()
Date: April 9, 2016 00:31

Mick Taylor is a very haughty boy!!

HMS
I dont know any other group who gave an ex-member a guest spot like the Stones did. So they were indeed very generous to give MT the opportunity to make a few bucks. He spent some 20 minutes on stage at every gig - a lot of time considering he is only an ex-member who left them out of the blue when they were to record a new album and go on tour in the seventies. I dont know if I would have been so generous to an illoyal bandmate. His behaviour was always strange and - as you can see - stayed that way. If he had an entitlement to receive royalties he would receive royalities. He doesnt get any royalties because he has no legal entitlement, it´s that easy. If everything in his career after his departure went wrong then maybe he himself is to blame. Me personally think his haughtyness is to blame, it wasnt all bad luck, it was mainly his haughtyness.

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: April 9, 2016 04:18

HMS

Not hard to think of one at all, Bernie Leadon-Eagles. He was brought back in a much more meaningful way and ended up staying thru Frey's death.

Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: April 9, 2016 04:22

Yes but Bernie was brought back in part because of their feud with Don Felder

Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: Testify ()
Date: April 9, 2016 06:27

My opinion is that the RS had decided to celebrate the 50th and also invited the former to perform as a guest on a few tracks.
This was misinterpreted by many, many thought that Taylor would have been reinstated in the band, then they began the controversy over the number of tracks in which Taylor played ....
Jagger knows that it takes little to spoil relations within a band and did not want to take the risk, considering that Taylor is not just a simple type.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: April 9, 2016 10:43

DoomandGloom

I hope this isn't true.

Date: April 9, 2016 11:56

For a start there is nothing I can find on Clapton's Facebook (FBK I assume?) about him guesting on any "blues album" by the Stones. That would be a double scoop since all we've heard so far is that they recorded 11 blues tracks in December. Is D&G maybe referring to another "blues album" possibly? Asked for a link yesterday, no news so far.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: TaylorYears ()
Date: April 9, 2016 12:53

------

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: April 9, 2016 17:34

gotdablouse
DoomandGloom

Link please

Yes, please show us exactly where you get this information from. I'm surprised you didn't include it in your original post given your ability to see into the future. You must have known there would be requests for this.

Date: April 9, 2016 17:43

TaylorYears
HMS
I dont know any other group who gave an ex-member a guest spot like the Stones did. So they were indeed very generous to give MT the opportunity to make a few bucks.

Taylor earned enough to retire.

That was long ago. He hadnt a career for more than 40 years, he released exactly one studio album, he hasnt a contract for ages and he is playing concerts in front of 150 people who only come for CYHMK. What I have heard he is broke all the time and not very far from welfare line. The only thing he indeed got plenty of is haughtyness, imo.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 9, 2016 18:02

HMS
TaylorYears
HMS
I dont know any other group who gave an ex-member a guest spot like the Stones did. So they were indeed very generous to give MT the opportunity to make a few bucks.

That was long ago. He hadnt a career for more than 40 years, he released exactly one studio album, he hasnt a contract for ages and he is playing concerts in front of 150 people who only come for CYHMK. What I have heard he is broke all the time and not very far from welfare line. The only thing he indeed got plenty of is haughtyness, imo.

I don't know that he has been that broke has he?....I mean he's done shows all over the world for years (alright - they are only clubs and small arenas but still, someone is paying for all that..............and paying him to play..

I reckon he should get himself a sexy young singer and do a tour with a setlist heavily laden with Stones stuff that the Stones won't play ...Time waits for no one, Till the Next Goodbye etc........Can you hear the music? etc etc..............

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-10 02:31 by EddieByword.

Date: April 9, 2016 18:11

... "Plundered my Soul", that would be a great concept! I think the blues heavy shows had a somewhat limited appeal. Someone like Fairweather-Low could certainly put that together for him,

--------------

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: April 10, 2016 01:08

gotdablouse
... "Plundered my Soul", that would be a great concept! I think the blues heavy shows had a somewhat limited appeal. Someone like Fairweather-Low could certainly put that together for him,

Yeah, he could have played so many more interesting songs in his solo shows.

Date: April 10, 2016 02:56

Harlem Shuffler
gotdablouse
DoomandGloom

Link please

Yes, please show us exactly where you get this information from. I'm surprised you didn't include it in your original post given your ability to see into the future. You must have known there would be requests for this.
my browser keeps getting rejected so I must use my phone I will look and clip.... Now it is not around, disappeared entirely but there was a quote from Ronnie and story about EC being in the studio with them .sorry ting me troubleo not post it b4t this updated IORR.is giving me hell

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-10 03:08 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: April 10, 2016 15:53

HMS
TaylorYears
HMS

Exactly 2 studio albums, and a couple of live albums & a video. Other than that, he has kept fairly busy, I doubt he is near any welfare line. So, just to clarify HMS, are you under the opinion that Mick Taylor is "Haughty"?

Date: April 10, 2016 19:37

He made remarks on how bad they were musically when he entered the Stones. He always felt he was a too good player for the Stones and a too good player for several other bands who seem to have invited him after he left the Stones. He refused all offered memberships because he thought he would be better off on his own, but being a skilled guitar player doesnt make him a genuine song-writer. In fact his songwriting skills (as well as his singing) are rather poor as you can hear on his first solo-effort. His haughtyness ruined his career and I dont think playing in front of 150-200 people got him very far over the last decades. Why doesnt he have a record contract for ages? Almost anyone who can carry a guitar has one, why not Taylor? I think it spread around record companies that he is a haughty, not easy to get along guy and so they dont want to have anything to do with him.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...182183184185186187188189190191192...LastNext
Current Page: 187 of 307

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1336
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home