Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...145146147148149150151152153154155...LastNext
Current Page: 150 of 307
Re: possibilities of bringing m taylor back into the group next year
Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: July 12, 2015 17:07

This deal has went down........like 2or 3 times now.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 12, 2015 17:09

treaclefingers
Munichhilton
I think he's still sick...or still gonna be...

I've heard that's the plan.

Stick to what works man...

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: July 12, 2015 17:15

got the idea mj liked him on tour in case something happened to one of the guitarists

like a security blanket to cover the group just in case

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: July 12, 2015 17:19

No thank you, Mick Taylor is not a member of Rolling Stones.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: July 12, 2015 17:28

Doubtful after the fall out from this tour and the plain fact that Wood is doing an excellent job as is the rest of the band. As the saying goes that ship has sailed.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: July 12, 2015 17:36

JumpinJeppeFlash
No thank you, Mick Taylor is not a member of Rolling Stones.

Agreed! Mick Taylor QUIT. Ron Wood wanted the job and took the job and is killing it on this tour. It's about time (after 40 years) that people move on from Mick Taylor and give Ronnie the credit he is due.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 12, 2015 17:42

treaclefingers
anything's possible, but if there's been any bad blood that's been generated by his uninviting on this leg, I'd say chances are slim.

Anything is not possible. That means the Stones could cure cancer or stop hurricanes or improve the colour of water and on and on and on.

Date: July 12, 2015 17:44

Mick Taylor with the Stones for the 50 & Counting tours was just for the 50 & Counting tours. There was never anything to even remotely suggest he would stay with the band afterwords.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 12, 2015 18:00

Yes the 50th anniversery was the reason they got him back. End of.

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: July 12, 2015 18:02

No please don't bring him back. Either make him a full time member again (please don't) or don't invite him at all.
Seeing him guesting on two or three songs is just disturbing.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 12, 2015 18:10

yeababyyea
No please don't bring him back. Either make him a full time member again (please don't) or don't invite him at all.

yeah, it's really disturbing how much better the Stones are with Taylor on guitar!

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: July 12, 2015 18:35

yeababyyea

How so?

Olly.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: July 12, 2015 18:35

GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
anything's possible, but if there's been any bad blood that's been generated by his uninviting on this leg, I'd say chances are slim.

Anything is not possible. That means the Stones could cure cancer or stop hurricanes or improve the colour of water and on and on and on.

what's wrong with the color of water?

Date: July 12, 2015 18:48

Turner68
GasLightStreet
treaclefingers

Nothing. But it can always be improved and the Stones can't do it.

Date: July 12, 2015 18:49

GasLightStreet
Turner68
GasLightStreet
treaclefingers

Nothing. But it can always be improved and the Stones can't do it.

... they are pretty good with M. Taylor.... you never know...

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 12, 2015 18:51

GasLightStreet
treaclefingers

You take the Stones pretty damn seriously skippy

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 12, 2015 19:04

Olly
yeababyyea

How so?

I think it is because he added so much on the songs he played on that people (including me) wanted to see him play the whole show, or at least on all the songs from the era when he was with the band. Some of us though he injected a freshness in the Stones music in 2012 and 2013 and it was exciting and welcome.

I think MT said something on that FB site about his last Stones show in Oz being the last time he would be sharing the stage with them, so yeah, I believe that was indeed the last of the Taylor with the Stones we will ever see, unfortunately. Just glad I got to see it once since his earlier tenure was before my time.

I'd still like to think that a guest spot for a single show in Europe next year is a possibility. It would be a win-win for everybody, imo.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: July 12, 2015 19:16

slewan
yeababyyea

yeah, it's really disturbing how much better the Stones are with Taylor on guitar!

They are not AND he is not a bandmemeber, he was 40 years ago, that´s a long time ago, move on.

Date: July 12, 2015 19:30

Naturalust
Olly
yeababyyea

How so?

I think it is because he added so much on the songs he played on that people (including me) wanted to see him play the whole show, or at least on all the songs from the era when he was with the band. Some of us though he injected a freshness in the Stones music in 2012 and 2013 and it was exciting and welcome.

I think MT said something on that FB site about his last Stones show in Oz being the last time he would be sharing the stage with them, so yeah, I believe that was indeed the last of the Taylor with the Stones we will ever see, unfortunately. Just glad I got to see it once since his earlier tenure was before my time.

I'd still like to think that a guest spot for a single show in Europe next year is a possibility. It would be a win-win for everybody, imo.

that's not clear.

in my experience, having taylor on the 50th anniversary tour does not seem to have satisfied any of the taylor fans, it only made them angrier, more bitter, and more whiny; also much more insulting towards the existing band members.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 12, 2015 19:33

NONE

jeroen

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: July 12, 2015 19:39

The way he was used makes it difficult to assess.......had they used him on a 4-6 song set of Taylor era tunes, maybe. Honestly, I kept waiting for that one smokin' assed MR from Taylor, and......well, we got real close a couple times. Frankly, I think the Zip Code Ramblers are night in night out, blowing away the reunion Taylor Ramblers.

I was at one time a Taylorite, but many factors, including IORR have made me a Woodiest.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-12 19:40 by Thrylan.

Date: July 12, 2015 19:43

Turner68
Naturalust
Olly
yeababyyea

How so?

that's not clear.

in my experience, having taylor on the 50th anniversary tour does not seem to have satisfied any of the taylor fans, it only made them angrier, more bitter, and more whiny; also much more insulting towards the existing band members.

Yes you are somewhat right about the can of worms it opened up, and that is unfortunate, but if you look back at the comments made by lots of folks who saw Taylor on that tour at the time, you will see it was the de facto highlight of their concert experience. During the tour Taylor was on everyone's lips.

I may not have been completely satisfied, but I was sure delighted by what I saw. I am also delighted by how well the Stones have been playing on this tour. When it's good, it's good.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: July 12, 2015 19:47

Wood played poorly for decades, he is playing pretty good now and that is terrific. It is not the fans fault he performed so poorly for so long. I noticed in CYHMK the band rave up and support Wood's playing, very musical and really something they have missed for a while. Bravo RS.

Date: July 12, 2015 19:53

when he did play mj seemed impatient to draw a close on his solos during cyhmk & sway

he should of been used an various songs not just rambler every night

he was humiliated on satisfaction

how can a man of his guitar genius not play a lead or two on satisfaction

standing there like a plank with an acoustic guitar

ridiculous

Date: July 12, 2015 19:57

DoomandGloom
Wood played poorly for decades, he is playing pretty good now and that is terrific. It is not the fans fault he performed so poorly for so long. I noticed in CYHMK the band rave up and support Wood's playing, very musical and really something they have missed for a while. Bravo RS.

Well said D&G. The improvement is astonishing and very welcome, imo.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: July 12, 2015 20:04

Zero

Date: July 12, 2015 20:06

Naturalust
DoomandGloom

Well said D&G. The improvement is astonishing and very welcome, imo.

but woods guitar has no identity

Date: July 12, 2015 20:15

The Stones threw Taylor a bone for the 50th anniversary tour. He is not part of the band. Meanwhile Ronnie's killing it with some incredible guitar playing on the Stones current tour.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 12, 2015 20:23

I think his personality, a bit quirky and unpredictable,& it makes it hard for the Stones to fully embrace him. Musically, he is undeniably a HUGE ASSET! When he plays SWAY with the band it's done the way the song was originally produced. It sounds like SWAY...when it's done without him, it's a train wreck. I happen to like MT a lot and wish he was still with them. The 2013 shows that I saw with him were exceptional!

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: July 12, 2015 20:29

stone4ever

but woods guitar has no identity

I disagree. Wood's guitar playing has a different identity to Taylor's, certainly.

Olly.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...145146147148149150151152153154155...LastNext
Current Page: 150 of 307

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1504
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home