Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...102103104105106107108109110111112...LastNext
Current Page: 107 of 307
Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Date: May 26, 2015 16:14

Stoneburst
IMO he would benefit from working with someone like Carla Olsen, but with a higher profile - someone who writes great songs, who's happy to do old Stones tunes and blues standards as a showcase for him, and who'll basically save him from the hassle of being a band leader, a role in which he's never seemed comfortable. Where did the rumours about an MT/Rich Robinson collaboration come from? Whatever happens, I think he needs a new project. Going back to touring behind the same tired setlist he played for years prior to 2012 is a surefire way to kill whatever momentum he now has (and yes, the irony here isn't lost on me).

Hear, hear!

The rumours, I believe, came from Rich himself – saying in an interview that he would have loved to work with Taylor.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: May 26, 2015 16:16

kleermaker
dcba
MaryPoppins
He should DEFINITELY tour! I'd pay to see him

Imo he should cash in on the 2012-14 years and play a set heavy on Stones tunes : Winter Sway plus the songs he played regularly in the past : LIV CYHMK SBDown. And why not MMile?
Back in Paris 2014 he rehearsed MM with the Stones and I remember him soloing nicely on this song.

That would be a great idea and he would get quite some attention if he did. But maybe he prefers having a good time biking around, playing with his cat at home and all that kind of things, not being occupied by all kind of duties.

Right.Maybe he simply enjoys life.

Posted by: moonlightaffair ()
Date: May 26, 2015 16:50

DandelionPowderman
Listening to Taylor on vinyl now:

So cool that you have this on vinyl. I love this recording, only have it on CD.

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: May 26, 2015 17:14

DandelionPowderman
Listening to Taylor on vinyl now:

got the fancy CD of this. great stuff!

Date: May 26, 2015 17:18

shortfatfanny
kleermaker
dcba
MaryPoppins

Imo he should cash in on the 2012-14 years and play a set heavy on Stones tunes : Winter Sway plus the songs he played regularly in the past : LIV CYHMK SBDown. And why not MMile?
Back in Paris 2014 he rehearsed MM with the Stones and I remember him soloing nicely on this song.

That would be a great idea and he would get quite some attention if he did. But maybe he prefers having a good time biking around, playing with his cat at home and all that kind of things, not being occupied by all kind of duties.

Is there any Audio (not bothered too much on quality as it's a sneaky peek kinda thing im assuming), i would LOVE to hear MTaylor/Stones rehearsal stuff!!

Date: May 26, 2015 17:22

Captainchaos
shortfatfanny
kleermaker
dcba
MaryPoppins

Is there any Audio (not bothered too much on quality as it's a sneaky peek kinda thing im assuming), i would LOVE to hear MTaylor/Stones rehearsal stuff!!

Well, there are a few Silver Trains and other stuff on this one. Jagger's in-ear-monitor mix, though...

Date: May 26, 2015 17:28

DandelionPowderman
Captainchaos
shortfatfanny
kleermaker
dcba
MaryPoppins

Well, there are a few Silver Trains and other stuff on this one. Jagger's in-ear-monitor mix, though...

Hurrah massive thanks!! anymore? always interested

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: May 26, 2015 17:28

If the Stones ever go through an avant-garde phase, I hope it resembles the beginning of that bootleg: Jagger practicing some Japanese phrases with the rest of the band tuning up in the background.

Date: May 26, 2015 17:29

grinning smiley

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 26, 2015 21:32

I doubt that Taylorites would be speaking so glowingly of the "Taylor era" if he'd simply stayed on into the 1980s and been there to record Dirty Work with them.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 26, 2015 21:43

stonehearted
I doubt that Taylorites would be speaking so glowingly of the "Taylor era" if he'd simply stayed on into the 1980s and been there to record Dirty Work with them.

What? Only Taylor could have saved that one. He was playing really well then and probably would have been able to put some good rock and blues grooves into Mick and Keith's ears which would have kept them more grounded.

But, I do often wonder what Some Girls would have sounded like with Taylor. Some can't even imagine it but I think it would have rocked! Sugar Blue and Mick Taylor playing off each other would have been fantastic. smoking smiley

peace

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 26, 2015 22:38

<<Only Taylor could have saved that one.>>

There's no saving a mid-age crisis. smiling smiley

Besides, with their drummer on smack, they could only have been so grounded.

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: May 27, 2015 16:55

I'm sure some of you have seen it before, but if not, this Taylor/Stephen Dale Petit show from 2010 is great and worth a listen. Taylor's playing is incredibly fluid, and SDP, mysterious a figure as he is, makes a worthy sparring partner. They kick off with the Bluesbreakers instrumental Snowy Wood, then Stop Breaking Down. There's a great Steppin' Out in there as well, and MT's slide work on You Shook Me (in the second video) is very tasty indeed - much closer to Muddy's approach than the way he normally plays. Enjoy:

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: May 29, 2015 06:05

DandelionPowderman
Captainchaos
shortfatfanny
kleermaker
dcba
MaryPoppins

I was just playing this while doing some computer work when...at 50:25...Is that Taylor playing licks through the Doom and Gloom chorus...50.45-51.10....51.45-52.10? Nice touch if it is...

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 29, 2015 06:06

palerider22
DandelionPowderman
Captainchaos
shortfatfanny
kleermaker
dcba
MaryPoppins

I was just playing this while doing some computer work when...at 50:25...Is that Taylor playing licks through the Doom and Gloom chorus...50.45-51.10....51.45-52.10? Nice touch if it is...

and if it isn't him?

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: May 29, 2015 06:21

Turner68
palerider22
DandelionPowderman
Captainchaos
shortfatfanny
kleermaker
dcba
MaryPoppins

and if it isn't him?

Nice touch IF it is...

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: May 29, 2015 12:07

It's Ronnie Wood with a different tune. But not Taylor

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 29, 2015 12:15

Well then it's an awful attempt at emulating of course.

Date: May 29, 2015 12:26

palerider22
Turner68
palerider22
DandelionPowderman
Captainchaos
shortfatfanny
kleermaker
dcba
MaryPoppins

and if it isn't him?

Nice touch IF it is...

It's how Ronnie always play on Doom And Gloom.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: May 29, 2015 13:23

best MR with Mick Taylor

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 29, 2015 15:13

Nikkei
Well then it's an awful attempt at emulating of course.

It's a nice Taylor imitation try, but one can immediately hear it's not Taylor. But Ronnie has played worse, I have to admit that. Way worse, to be honest.

Date: May 29, 2015 15:27

pepganzo
best MR with Mick Taylor

Agreed, after 1973 that is.

Date: May 29, 2015 15:28

I have a new favourite MR with Taylor: Roundhouse thumbs up

Date: May 29, 2015 15:43

DandelionPowderman

Me too. It's perhaps the 'best' MR in good audio quality we have.
But if all those other live songs from the Taylor era would appear in great audio quality we probably would take another favourite one.

Amazing how for example Matthijs's opinion on Leeds has changed after the new stereo release. So audio quality is apparently an important factor in appreciating the music.

Date: May 29, 2015 15:46

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman

But if all those other live songs from the Taylor era would appear in great audio quality we probably would take another favourite one.

Amazing how for example Matthijs's opinion on Leeds has changed after the new stereo release. So audio quality is apparently an important factor in appreciating the music.

Leeds sure sounds good, but I like what I'm hearing from the Roundhouse gig even better.

Date: May 29, 2015 15:57

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman

Leeds sure sounds good, but I like what I'm hearing from the Roundhouse gig even better.

Me too. Roundhouse (songs from both gigs btw - see my YT-info) is great.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: May 29, 2015 15:59

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman

yep I do like the Roundhouse alot! Pity its not complete.
Live shows sound much better when Jagger is on song..he is excellent at the Roundhouse.

Kleery..MR from MSG 69 is pretty good also!!!
BTW - thanks for posting Leeds stereo.

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: May 29, 2015 19:34

Taylor's guitar on dead flowers reminds me of the picking on Waiting on a friend, it's almost the same approach.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 30, 2015 01:34

One of the best live Stones shows I've ever heard, thanks to kleermaker for posting it on his YouTube channel.

Everyone is pretty special on this one but Taylor is unquestionably superb. I can only imagine what it was like at the time to be at the show! No wonder some of the older fans are bit jaded about the modern stuff, if you'd been to this show you have every right to to feel that way. Just wow.

peace

Posted by: Getondown ()
Date: May 30, 2015 21:40

DandelionPowderman
grinning smiley

Taylor would have had the Stones playing so much better...GMAFB. No silly shit with him all Blues and Rock. No disco shit.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...102103104105106107108109110111112...LastNext
Current Page: 107 of 307

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1843
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home