Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 307
Re: What proof do you have about taylor???
Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: April 1, 2015 21:38

Naturalust
Stoneburst

Oh FFS, for the umpteenth time:

1) Taylor/his people didn't post on FB about this once, they did it many times over the course of several weeks. The story behind the 'fan page' has been explained many times here. It is a legit source, Taylor's girlfriend is the page's admin.
2) It's not just Chacal's posts on IORR. Multiple posters on three of the four major Stones boards - here, StonesDoug's board and Keno's Gasland - who claim connections to the band have been saying the same thing about Taylor being dropped for several weeks now. The details vary, but all agree that he's out.
3) Every single tour announcement since 2012 specifically mentioned that MT would be appearing as a special guest, yesterday's doesn't mention him at all, and one of the radio stations broadcasting the Mick/Keith interview explicitly said he wouldn't be appearing.

All the above has been exhaustively discussed here for ages now. If you can't be bothered to look into these things yourself using the self-explanatory IORR search bar, don't call those of us who can 'naysayers' and 'know it alls'.

1. The only thing from that FB I've seen here is that one sentence statement about being uninvited. If many statement over the course of several weeks happened, please feel free to share them. I couldn't find them.

2. Posters on all those boards often get a hold of a single piece of rumored information and share it like it's new. The legal term for all that information is hearsay, and there is a good reason it's not accepted as testimony for proving a case.

3. This is just not true. Although Jagger mentioned "maybe a few friends joining us", Taylor was not specifically mentioned in all these tour announcements.

I'm not insinuating Taylor will be included this tour, my guess is he is indeed out, but I do think the sources for factual information on it are a bit thin, almost all hearsay and repeated hearsay, so take it as that.

I'm hoping he will at least be included in the LA Sticky Fingers show that Bjornulf says will occur. That would be sweet, exciting and respectful to the Taylor fans and MT himself. Probably the most we can hooe for at this point.

peace

FYI, Naturalust, my post was directed at the 'where's your proof' guy, not you (as I'm sure you recognised).

Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: Woz ()
Date: April 1, 2015 21:45

Bungo
Mick Taylor is the only one who can save the Rolling Stones.

LOL, the Stones don't need Mick Taylor......the last outting more than proved that.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 1, 2015 21:51

Stoneburst

FYI, Naturalust, my post was directed at the 'where's your proof' guy, not you (as I'm sure you recognised).

No worries Stoneburst, I wasn't trying being defensive, just trying to sort through all the information and find something definite. Still curious about the many FB posts since I couldn't find them, thanks.

peace

Posted by: TonyMo ()
Date: April 1, 2015 23:06

Date: April 1, 2015 23:34

Naturalust
Stoneburst

No worries Stoneburst, I wasn't trying being defensive, just trying to sort through all the information and find something definite. Still curious about the many FB posts since I couldn't find them, thanks.

peace

Comments on posts from February 12th and 23rd, I think, also a couple from his main squeeze to the same effect here and there

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 1, 2015 23:50

mtaylor
DandelionPowderman
mtaylor
DoomandGloom
Wow Doxa... My self imposed exile not withstanding I returned to applaud you. I've seen some interesting stuff here, for example Green Lady mentioning she'll miss Bobby Keys more. That's a no brainer, Bobby played on more songs in 2014 and for me his sound is one with The Rolling Stones. His passing was a sad, sad day and their concerts can never be what they once were. We were very fortunate that Bobby chose to perform in his final days. A great gift from an amazing character. I really believed the band would offer Taylor this tour, not only as Bobby's replacement for some legitimate Stones' solos but as a replacement for our souls and the soul of the band. Each time the cast thins out we get further from the heart of their sound. Maybe this doesn't matter much for a stadiums but without Bobby and Taylor the chance of hearing a mind blowing solo from a real Rolling Stone is greatly diminished. This being April 1st I found this posting buried on Mick Taylor's FBK page, perhaps there is some hope for some fancy guitar playing...
The Rolling Stones have announced their "Zipper" tour this summer for a Sticky Fingers' tribute. While it is true that Mick Taylor will not be appearing on stage he will be performing the album tribute from under the stage. "This way we can have the best of both worlds." say Jagger. "Taylor is too fat to be on stage as a Rolling Stone so instead we have slender Ron Wood running the walkways while Taylor can add his velvet tones without his blubber destroying our visuals." Taylor who was found homeless by Keith Richards after The Stones wrapped up his royalties in litigation for 40 years is thrilled at the chance to tour once again. "I'll pack my bloody pockets with backstage sandwiches, grab some booze and make myself comfortable right below Charlie. I can play their stuff better than them with one hand on the buffet."

That's how reliable that FB site is. Shame on that person.

Shame on April fool's day...
One thing is April's fool, another thing is to be mean saying "fat Taylor" is not fit to be on stage.....

Coming from the clown who pretended he'd seen Taylor in London on the day of the Zurich show and never gave an explanation, let alone apologized for getting a lot or people worried and upset it's pretty rich. Why don't you just go away?

+10 with the comments about Taylor bringing a bit of "adventure" to the show for 2+ years, they all enjoyed it, Jagger included, why he "limited" it is anyone's guess, now he's canned it. Maybe it was too painful to relive his youth? Most people would be happy with that but one thing we keep forgetting (his fault!) is that the guy is nearly 72...at that age you tend to play it safe and like something that's predictable especially when you have to handle crowds of 60000+ ! Sam Cutler not only shared Taylor's happiness at being back he also let us in on what Mick needed to do to prepare for the show, a real "marathon", show after show.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: April 2, 2015 00:23

Stoneburst
Naturalust
Stoneburst

peace

Comments on posts from February 12th and 23rd, I think, also a couple from his main squeeze to the same effect here and there

I think they are all posts from his main squeeze grinning smiley but I still don't really trust any non-official Mick Taylor source 100%. Would welcome some comment from him but due to his non-confrontational nature, I doubt we'll hear anything till after the Stones tickets are sold.

Until then, here's hoping Ronnie steps up his game! eye popping smiley

peace

Posted by: Chacal ()
Date: April 2, 2015 00:40

Naturalust
MrThompsonWooft
How many more times can anyone be thrilled at hearing him play Midnight Rambler? The first time was great but..........

At least he changes it up with some improvisation...If you're thrilled at hearing JJF, Brown Sugar and HTW for the 1000th time played pretty much the same way, hearing Midnight Rambler with Taylor a few times more should really excite you. Besides most folks wanted to see Taylor on more tunes, if Rambler was/is all they are going to give him I'm still thrilled.

peace

Who says the Stones have to limit him to playing on Midnight Rambler ?

They could allow him to add his magic to all the songs from the Taylor era - and even the ones he didn't record with the band but embellished in live performance during the 1969 to 1973 tours.

This would be no problem for Taylor. And it would elevate the level of musicianship displayed by the band, especially on a Sticky Fingers themed tour.

Posted by: BustedButton ()
Date: April 2, 2015 01:32

I would love to see MT back on this tour.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: April 2, 2015 02:31

I've seen the Rolling Stones on every tour since 1978 - the highlight was watching Taylor rip through Rambler and CYHMK in Philly in 2013. Taylor's presence brought back the missing link from that glorious era. Seems silly not to include him on the Zip Code tour. For those who insist he added NOTHING - your bias has clouded your judgment.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: April 2, 2015 04:02

No doubt the Stones realize all this. If they don't act on it, it's on them. With Mick Taylor they go somewhere exceptional. Without, they don't.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: April 2, 2015 04:43

In the end, Zip Code will be a stadium crowd-pleasing greatest hits-tour. Business as usual with a set of 20 songs maximum which leaves little, if any room for artistic adventures which would require a player like Taylor. Taylor or not, the crowd will be pleased anyways and will yell their "woo-hoos" and "yeah, yeah yeahs" to Sympathy or Brown Sugar. The Stones haven proven countless times in the past that they could get away with any level of guitar playing, no matter how low, as long as they're playing crowd-pleasing hits, so I can see why they don't see Taylor's involvement as a necessity this time. Considering all this, let's face that they care a shit what I and some others here think about the situation in general and artistic challenges in particular.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: April 2, 2015 04:53

Woz
Bungo
Mick Taylor is the only one who can save the Rolling Stones.

LOL, the Stones don't need Mick Taylor......the last outting more than proved that.
thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

My opinion is that you are exaggerating ... Mick Taylor is a great guitarist, but the Stones were great even without him, the biggest selling album (some girls) of the Stones was recorded without Taylor, I was happy that Taylor has joined the band as a guest, but the Rolling Stones are not Mick Taylor.
Today the Stones sound different from the period Taylor, now have a sound closer to the period Brian Jones for me the best.

everything's turning to gold

Posted by: Chacal ()
Date: April 2, 2015 04:57

gotdablouse
+10 with the comments about Taylor bringing a bit of "adventure" to the show for 2+ years, they all enjoyed it, Jagger included, why he "limited" it is anyone's guess, now he's canned it. Maybe it was too painful to relive his youth? Most people would be happy with that but one thing we keep forgetting (his fault!) is that the guy is nearly 72...at that age you tend to play it safe and like something that's predictable especially when you have to handle crowds of 60000+ ! Sam Cutler not only shared Taylor's happiness at being back he also let us in on what Mick needed to do to prepare for the show, a real "marathon", show after show.

Not that Sam Cutler ever got to see (meet) Mick J in Brisbane.

You're nearly there though with the painful part - it's probably more to do with hurt pride. Typical Leo.

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: April 2, 2015 08:39

mtaylor
DoomandGloom
Wow Doxa... My self imposed exile not withstanding I returned to applaud you. I've seen some interesting stuff here, for example Green Lady mentioning she'll miss Bobby Keys more. That's a no brainer, Bobby played on more songs in 2014 and for me his sound is one with The Rolling Stones. His passing was a sad, sad day and their concerts can never be what they once were. We were very fortunate that Bobby chose to perform in his final days. A great gift from an amazing character. I really believed the band would offer Taylor this tour, not only as Bobby's replacement for some legitimate Stones' solos but as a replacement for our souls and the soul of the band. Each time the cast thins out we get further from the heart of their sound. Maybe this doesn't matter much for a stadiums but without Bobby and Taylor the chance of hearing a mind blowing solo from a real Rolling Stone is greatly diminished. This being April 1st I found this posting buried on Mick Taylor's FBK page, perhaps there is some hope for some fancy guitar playing...
The Rolling Stones have announced their "Zipper" tour this summer for a Sticky Fingers' tribute. While it is true that Mick Taylor will not be appearing on stage he will be performing the album tribute from under the stage. "This way we can have the best of both worlds." say Jagger. "Taylor is too fat to be on stage as a Rolling Stone so instead we have slender Ron Wood running the walkways while Taylor can add his velvet tones without his blubber destroying our visuals." Taylor who was found homeless by Keith Richards after The Stones wrapped up his royalties in litigation for 40 years is thrilled at the chance to tour once again. "I'll pack my bloody pockets with backstage sandwiches, grab some booze and make myself comfortable right below Charlie. I can play their stuff better than them with one hand on the buffet."

"Vix Mix", the OP (and his slanderous post) have been taken care of... does that make the page a bit more reliable now mtaylor?

Date: April 2, 2015 09:07

gripweed
"Vix Mix", the OP (and his slanderous post) have been taken care of... does that make the page a bit more reliable now mtaylor?

It's a start for me, that post was a bit over the top. Is in your opinion that FB page reliable?

But gripweed, since you've run the micktaylor.net fansite for over a decade I hoping you will provide us with some information on what MT's been up to. Regardless of the Stones information, is he rumored to be playing some shows of his own this summer by chance? I would think the old adage "strike while the iron is hot" would apply very well to him about now.

Any info. you can provide would be welcome and appreciated. Thanks.

peace

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 2, 2015 09:27

gripweed
mtaylor
DoomandGloom

Maybe we could say that the "crippled finger" stupid ruined it all by his egocentric drunk / drugged behaviour in the 70'ies, and in fact MJ carried the band through and the "crippled finger" stupid let MT and BW go.

If it hadn't been for MJ, the Stones would have been long time gone.

The "crippled finger" stupid should have been under stage with his bottle and ridiculous cigarette.

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: April 2, 2015 09:40

First of all, thank you to bv for making this thread. I appreciate it. I requested a Mick Taylor thread or side board, then I realized after more reading that I should have talked to you directly. So I asked for my thread to be deleted which you did. Then you made this for us Taylor fans. Thanks so much!

So I just want to say that I am disappointed that Mick Taylor won't be back for more shows. My dream of seeing him playing with the rest of the guys will never come true. I would like to know the reason. I wish I knew. Mick Taylor was really looking better than he had in years the longer the tour went on. I just wonder if there were personality conflicts again or is it all about money. I would like a legitimate reason why he wasn't invited back. I wish they had also told him in a less cold way. I also hope they compensated him well for the last couple of years because he does deserve it at the very least.

I wish it was all about doing the best music they could do. They were a lot better with him in the band. I know they are getting older but I wish the Stones took more risks like they used to do. The best stuff they did in years was when they brought him back for a couple of numbers. The element of risk was there which is what I liked about them. They werent afraid to take risks. But now, it's not like that much anymore.

That being said, one of the highlights of the last few years for me was the version of No Expectations that they did with Ronnie on lap steel. Ronnie played that part perfectly: familiar yet different. But moments like this are few and far between. But I am not the typical fan though, I realize I have high expectations and I'm picky. So what they are doing for a show is probably what they should be doing to stay in business. Anyway, I wish they did some more stuff for the rest of the hardcore demographic and took more chances and different arrangements. I would love to hear their sloppy side again. Sometimes it's too slick.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: April 2, 2015 13:19

Doxa

Ronnie was alright, even great back in the 70's and early 80's, but the thing is the thinnss of his legacy with the Stones that just makes Taylor's significance to shine more and more. If he had an ability to real make the difference we won't be so much missing Taylor.

Another thing that has worried me a bit lately. For anyone who likes guitar-based rock and roll the last decades of the Rolling Stones have been a real downgrade. It seems to me that people have accepted the fact that mediocre, even lousy guitar playing is alright. The Stones fans seem to have the lowest possible criterion for a good guitar work. They are very easy to be pleased. Probably that is something like being 'loyal' or something: that is what we get, and we need to accept that. So let that be the norm. And soon whatever Keith or Ronnie are able to come up with, it is "great". No other 'guitar heroes' in this world get so much free passes as our two heroes.

There was another thread in which some claimed that Wood's solos in "Can't You Hear Me KNocking?" in 2003 was better than Taylor's latest efforts. To me that sort of claim marks a sad state of affairs: the whole idea what a great guitar solo is all about is a long ago vanished from Stones' fans memory. What Woodie did back in 2003 was alright, even good, but anything any damn solo guitarist in this world could have done half-sleep. I mean, that is not any rocket science, if we take Rolling Stones fan boy/girl glasses off for a while. But for Woody, it actually was rather expectionally good... a reality check... It could be that when a player like Taylor appears and do something else than stating the obvious, people don't know what to think about it... Keith and Ronnie are good entertainers and showmen, but as guitarists they've been more or less a laughing stock for the last two decades outside the adoring Rolling Stones fan circles. Since Keith if Keef, having more reputation than any rock guitarist ever, he gets a free pass, but Ronnie is just another Stones guitarist, Keith's funny poor little brother, who looks like a rock star.

Having Taylor onboard for a while was the greatest thing that happened to the Stones in guitar department. Surely he wasn't as pheomenal and fluidy he used to be, but still his musicality - and skills - gave them substance that has been lacking for decades. Sad that it ended too soon (and was not used properly while it lasted). Now we are back in the predictable: the adventure in music consist of hoping that Keith is still able hit the riffs of startmeups and brownsugars somehow alright and Ronnie is not hitting the bottle and keeps his act as safe and sure as he have been doing for yaers. Surely the avaeragejoes and 'loyal' superfans are going to have the time of their lives (Jagger, with Chuck, takes care of that), but some of us still have this old unfashionable romantic idea that it is the music that matters, and that has something to do with guitars, and the Stones still could somehow challange us and themselves in that department... The little cameo of Taylor gave us a wrong signal...

- Doxa

NO, NO, NO!!!

What you wrote above is so plain wrong that I won't even try to argue to the contrary. I hope one day you will see the light!!!

To set the record straight, the only hard fact of these discussions is that there are people - me for example - that actually will always prefer a stoned 1998 Ronnie to a 73 Taylor.

C

Date: April 2, 2015 13:31

And Doxa knows that so well smiling smiley

Date: April 2, 2015 13:51

Since I assume 1998 here is a metonym for Ronnie at his all-time worst, you genuinely prefer, say, this to anything Taylor ever played?

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: April 2, 2015 13:53

liddas
Doxa

Ronnie was alright, even great back in the 70's and early 80's, but the thing is the thinnss of his legacy with the Stones that just makes Taylor's significance to shine more and more. If he had an ability to real make the difference we won't be so much missing Taylor.

Another thing that has worried me a bit lately. For anyone who likes guitar-based rock and roll the last decades of the Rolling Stones have been a real downgrade. It seems to me that people have accepted the fact that mediocre, even lousy guitar playing is alright. The Stones fans seem to have the lowest possible criterion for a good guitar work. They are very easy to be pleased. Probably that is something like being 'loyal' or something: that is what we get, and we need to accept that. So let that be the norm. And soon whatever Keith or Ronnie are able to come up with, it is "great". No other 'guitar heroes' in this world get so much free passes as our two heroes.

There was another thread in which some claimed that Wood's solos in "Can't You Hear Me KNocking?" in 2003 was better than Taylor's latest efforts. To me that sort of claim marks a sad state of affairs: the whole idea what a great guitar solo is all about is a long ago vanished from Stones' fans memory. What Woodie did back in 2003 was alright, even good, but anything any damn solo guitarist in this world could have done half-sleep. I mean, that is not any rocket science, if we take Rolling Stones fan boy/girl glasses off for a while. But for Woody, it actually was rather expectionally good... a reality check... It could be that when a player like Taylor appears and do something else than stating the obvious, people don't know what to think about it... Keith and Ronnie are good entertainers and showmen, but as guitarists they've been more or less a laughing stock for the last two decades outside the adoring Rolling Stones fan circles. Since Keith if Keef, having more reputation than any rock guitarist ever, he gets a free pass, but Ronnie is just another Stones guitarist, Keith's funny poor little brother, who looks like a rock star.

Having Taylor onboard for a while was the greatest thing that happened to the Stones in guitar department. Surely he wasn't as pheomenal and fluidy he used to be, but still his musicality - and skills - gave them substance that has been lacking for decades. Sad that it ended too soon (and was not used properly while it lasted). Now we are back in the predictable: the adventure in music consist of hoping that Keith is still able hit the riffs of startmeups and brownsugars somehow alright and Ronnie is not hitting the bottle and keeps his act as safe and sure as he have been doing for yaers. Surely the avaeragejoes and 'loyal' superfans are going to have the time of their lives (Jagger, with Chuck, takes care of that), but some of us still have this old unfashionable romantic idea that it is the music that matters, and that has something to do with guitars, and the Stones still could somehow challange us and themselves in that department... The little cameo of Taylor gave us a wrong signal...

- Doxa

NO, NO, NO!!!

What you wrote above is so plain wrong that I won't even try to argue to the contrary. I hope one day you will see the light!!!

To set the record straight, the only hard fact of these discussions is that there are people - me for example - that actually will always prefer a stoned 1998 Ronnie to a 73 Taylor.

C

Because a stoned 1998 Ronnie simply looks better or what?

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: April 2, 2015 14:08

alimente

Because a stoned 1998 Ronnie simply looks better or what?

Because my ears like what comes out of his amp, and how what comes out of his amp works within the contest. Simple as that.

C

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: April 2, 2015 14:10

Come on guys, stop your whining. It's 'kin annoying to be honest with you. We have great opportunity to see one more Stones tour, which is a mircale considering their age and health condition of some of the band members over the recent years. If they get Mick Taylor to do some shows (LA?) or the whole tour with them - it's ok... If not, it's still great - after all we get the 4 STONES - Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie... Mick is not a Stone anymore, just an ex-bandmember, of course respected and loved by the fans but not a permanent part of the band anymore. Just live with it and enjoy this tour. Or, if you can't, just stay at home and watch some classic DVD instead.

Date: April 2, 2015 14:23

Thanks, wickerman! thumbs up

Date: April 2, 2015 14:36

I'll be off, then. Doesn't seem like I've anything more to contribute to IORR, and I don't like repeating myself or getting on people's nerves (and, as StonesCat said, there's not much left here except a fridge full of kool-aid). Big hug to Dandie, Kleermaker, Tele, Doxa, D&G etc - it was fun talking to you guys, and I learned a lot.

Enjoy the tour, everyone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-02 14:36 by Stoneburst.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 2, 2015 14:39

Stoneburst
I'll be off, then. Doesn't seem like I've anything more to contribute to IORR, and I don't like repeating myself or getting on people's nerves (and, as StonesCat said, there's not much left here except a fridge full of kool-aid). Big hug to Dandie, Kleermaker, Tele, Doxa, D&G etc - it was fun talking to you guys, and I learned a lot.

Enjoy the tour, everyone.

Come on Stonesburst, I've been disappointed by this band so many times, in fact for the last 40 years, and I'm still here. See you back soon!

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 2, 2015 14:42

liddas
Doxa

- Doxa

NO, NO, NO!!!

C

Man, the Stones ceased to exist end 1974. You're hailing the wrong band. smiling smiley

Posted by: muffie ()
Date: April 2, 2015 14:44

@Stones: for your consideration:

You cancelled the Hanging Rock show with Mick Taylor scheduled for Nov 8th like two days beforehand (and a second time to boot) then did a further 4 shows before wrapping up the 14 On Fire tour. Some of us couldn't reschedule around that in such short notice so missed out on seeing MT.

So please ensure MT is back on board for the ZIP Code tour. Those of us who missed out can then catch the tour in the US. That way we can see the original lineup of the Stones' Golden era ('69-74). Getting Wyman on board would be an extra treat.

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: April 2, 2015 14:45

kleermaker

Man, the Stones ceased to exist end 1974. You're hailing the wrong band. smiling smiley

As a Taylorite I couldn't agree more. thumbs up

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 307

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1642
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home