Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 307
Re: So no Mick Taylor this time out...?
Date: April 1, 2015 10:07

Naturalust
Chacal
There are no health issues preventing Taylor from playing with the Stones.
I have no idea where Keno gets his info, but it's third hand at best and he seems to be clutching at straws.

If you have no idea where he get's his info how can you possible know it's third hand at best? confused smiley

peace

Because he's not that close to the band?

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: April 1, 2015 12:37

Does anybody know if Lisa Fisher is singing backing vocals this tour?

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: April 1, 2015 12:45

DandelionPowderman
Naturalust
Chacal
I have no idea where Keno gets his info, but it's third hand at best and he seems to be clutching at straws.

If you have no idea where he get's his info how can you possible know it's third hand at best? confused smiley

peace

In some other thread I said yesterday:

Like I said the RS didn't turn MT down. The agreement ended on a certain date.

If a lawyer called MT to inform him he was not going to be hired again in 2015 it doesn't mean MJ did not call him. It means he wasn't called by a band member...
And they didn't have to because his deal was not about 2015 otherwise he would have had a registered letter. A bunch of them. He was called because there were rumours and someone thought he should be called he wasn't in this year; that's my guess.
(Or some other legal reason a lawyer might have to make the call.)

If someone knows it was MJ's divorce lawyer and this information happens to be correct it means someone talked about things he/she should not talk about like this because this is the kind of inside intel when true leads to the person who leaked. That doesn't put MT in a better position for the future...
I really appreciate Chacal's information on IORR but talking about things like that is a huge risk...I have my doubts if friends or people related to MT should allow this because this kind of intel can hurt the relationship between the RS & MT. Like Chacal was mentioning last year some details about rehearsals: very interesting but when true everybody in the band knows now who leaked this information because Chacal's interpretation was all in favor of MT. So it's really not about how true this information might be but people should be aware when it's actually true it can only hurt anything going on between (band members of) the RS & MT.

And I said this about Keno's theory:
Now Keno says he has information about why MT is not on tour with them but...I have my doubts about that.
Look at the stadium tour. Do you think they had plans to play SF in 14 stadiums?

Maybe once in the beginning someone had the idea to do something very serious with SF like playing the entire album but I don't think they had serious plans to do that.
The MT years just ended and there wasn't any other serious plan (you need to rehearse for that!) or deal with him to continue after 2014. That's what he probably was told by the lawyer.

Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: April 1, 2015 12:58

Midnight Toker
The look on MT' s face while on stage for his two songs on their last tour speaks volumes. He looked like a bored and depressed guy.

^^^
This. Inevitably, his baggage outweighed his contributions. I wish him the best.

Date: April 1, 2015 13:28

Dreamer
DandelionPowderman
Naturalust
Chacal

peace

In some other thread I said yesterday:

Like I said the RS didn't turn MT down. The agreement ended on a certain date.

If a lawyer called MT to inform him he was not going to be hired again in 2015 it doesn't mean MJ did not call him. It means he wasn't called by a band member...
And they didn't have to because his deal was not about 2015 otherwise he would have had a registered letter. A bunch of them. He was called because there were rumours and someone thought he should be called he wasn't in this year; that's my guess.
(Or some other legal reason a lawyer might have to make the call.)

If someone knows it was MJ's divorce lawyer and this information happens to be correct it means someone talked about things he/she should not talk about like this because this is the kind of inside intel when true leads to the person who leaked. That doesn't put MT in a better position for the future...
I really appreciate Chacal's information on IORR but talking about things like that is a huge risk...I have my doubts if friends or people related to MT should allow this because this kind of intel can hurt the relationship between the RS & MT. Like Chacal was mentioning last year some details about rehearsals: very interesting but when true everybody in the band knows now who leaked this information because Chacal's interpretation was all in favor of MT. So it's really not about how true this information might be but people should be aware when it's actually true it can only hurt anything going on between (band members of) the RS & MT.

And I said this about Keno's theory:
Now Keno says he has information about why MT is not on tour with them but...I have my doubts about that.
Look at the stadium tour. Do you think they had plans to play SF in 14 stadiums?

Maybe once in the beginning someone had the idea to do something very serious with SF like playing the entire album but I don't think they had serious plans to do that.
The MT years just ended and there wasn't any other serious plan (you need to rehearse for that!) or deal with him to continue after 2014. That's what he probably was told by the lawyer.

.....keep on rolling.....

What proof do you have about taylor???
Date: April 1, 2015 06:51

I have to say all the nay-sayers who are convinced that Mick Taylor is not on this tour....I just gotta say What proof do you have?

what do you know that the rest of us dont?

what are we missing?

Re: What proof do you have about taylor???
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 1, 2015 06:55

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: April 1, 2015 07:57

We insiders from the "Nay-sayer's Club" have more proof than a single man could stand, but are not allowed to share it publicly (which seems to be a new trend, btw.).

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 1, 2015 09:22

Here's the management summary:

A poster who claims to have inside information says that a lawyer called Taylor and told him his contract wouldn't be renewed. A couple more are saying he's out and just "take my word for it". Another poster claims the Mick Taylor fansite is definitely run "by his people" and there is a single, once edited sentence there saying "unfortunately, I haven't been invited". That's about it as far as I can tell. I have no idea about the credibility of the claims, have no reason to doubt anybody but all information seems to be second or third hand. There have been no claims or rumors that he is going to be playing, just guesses based on the Sticky Fingers hype.

In my small town, you put a grainy 4x6 black and white photo in one end and it comes out 8X10 color glossy high resolution on the other end.

peace

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 1, 2015 09:37

1) This belongs in the original Taylor thread. 2) That's inverted reasoning. The burden of proof lies on those who claims something, not the other part.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: April 1, 2015 11:15

Naturalust

In my small town, you put a grainy 4x6 black and white photo in one end and it comes out 8X10 color glossy high resolution on the other end.

peace

>grinning smiley< smileys with beer

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: April 1, 2015 12:50

You Got to Roll Me
I have to say all the nay-sayers who are convinced that Mick Taylor is not on this tour....I just gotta say What proof do you have?

what do you know that the rest of us dont?

what are we missing?

Mick Taylor posted to his FB account that he wasn't invited.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-01 12:52 by StonedInTokyo.

Date: April 1, 2015 13:19

Naturalust

A poster who claims to have inside information says that a lawyer called Taylor and told him his contract wouldn't be renewed. A couple more are saying he's out and just "take my word for it". Another poster claims the Mick Taylor fansite is definitely run "by his people" and there is a single, once edited sentence there saying "unfortunately, I haven't been invited". That's about it as far as I can tell. I have no idea about the credibility of the claims, have no reason to doubt anybody but all information seems to be second or third hand. There have been no claims or rumors that he is going to be playing, just guesses based on the Sticky Fingers hype.

peace

Appreciate that!! so with the exception of a few know-it-alls, there's nothing out that. Thanks! smiling smiley

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: April 1, 2015 14:01

No Taylor? The "anniversary" Tour, the celebration if you will, is over.

THIS is The Stones going on the road, The Stones of the past 40 years, allowing for the passing of Bobby.

Well, that's my take on it! Simple.

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: April 1, 2015 14:53

You Got to Roll Me
Naturalust

peace

Appreciate that!! so with the exception of a few know-it-alls, there's nothing out that. Thanks! smiling smiley

Oh FFS, for the umpteenth time:

1) Taylor/his people didn't post on FB about this once, they did it many times over the course of several weeks. The story behind the 'fan page' has been explained many times here. It is a legit source, Taylor's girlfriend is the page's admin.
2) It's not just Chacal's posts on IORR. Multiple posters on three of the four major Stones boards - here, StonesDoug's board and Keno's Gasland - who claim connections to the band have been saying the same thing about Taylor being dropped for several weeks now. The details vary, but all agree that he's out.
3) Every single tour announcement since 2012 specifically mentioned that MT would be appearing as a special guest, yesterday's doesn't mention him at all, and one of the radio stations broadcasting the Mick/Keith interview explicitly said he wouldn't be appearing.

All the above has been exhaustively discussed here for ages now. If you can't be bothered to look into these things yourself using the self-explanatory IORR search bar, don't call those of us who can 'naysayers' and 'know it alls'.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: April 1, 2015 15:20

Mick Taylor was not playing on the Steel Wheels/Urban Jungle tour. He was not playing
on the Voodoo Lounge tour. He wasn't on the Bridges to Babylon/No Security tour. He
did not play on the Licks tour, nor on the Bigger Bang tour.
Millions of people were enjoying these tours.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: April 1, 2015 15:37

I don't always play on Stones tours. But when I do, I kick ass.

Stay thirsty my friends.

Posted by: DoctorFreddie ()
Date: April 1, 2015 15:41

marcovandereijk
Mick Taylor was not playing on the Steel Wheels/Urban Jungle tour. He was not playing
on the Voodoo Lounge tour. He wasn't on the Bridges to Babylon/No Security tour. He
did not play on the Licks tour, nor on the Bigger Bang tour.
Millions of people were enjoying these tours.

But they could have been better tourswinking smiley

Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: April 1, 2015 15:51

Anyone who really, really wanted to see Mick Taylor has had ample opportunity to do so between 2012 and 2014. Maybe people should move on.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: April 1, 2015 15:53

bleedingman

Stay thirsty my friends.

Outstanding! grinning smiley

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 1, 2015 15:59

Listen carefully - I shall say this only once

(and then run for the hills)

Of the two people who will not be on the coming tour, I shall miss Bobby Keys far more than I shall miss Mick Taylor.

OK folks, you can get out your shotguns now....

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: April 1, 2015 16:07

Green Lady

Of the two people who will not be on the coming tour, I shall miss Bobby Keys far more than I shall miss Mick Taylor.

thumbs up
I really enjoyed MT was with them but I have to agree with you. I think the band will feel something like that too since he was with them in those very good years between 1969 - 1973 and after that again since 1989.

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: April 1, 2015 17:02

Well...for one who was very disappointed and angry yesterday I going to chill out over this...until it plays out, if at all. Maybe here are no bad guys. I just feel bad for Mick Taylor because I think he really wanted to be with the band again on this tour and we would have enjoyed some memorable music...

Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: April 1, 2015 17:25

How many more times can anyone be thrilled at hearing him play Midnight Rambler? The first time was great but..........

Date: April 1, 2015 17:30

Dreamer
Green Lady

thumbs up
I really enjoyed MT was with them but I have to agree with you. I think the band will feel something like that too since he was with them in those very good years between 1969 - 1973 and after that again since 1989.

Actually since 1982.

Posted by: moonlightaffair ()
Date: April 1, 2015 17:41

andrewt
bleedingman

Stay thirsty my friends.

Outstanding! grinning smiley

Perfect! Now I love this pic! smileys with beer

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: April 1, 2015 17:43

Green Lady

95% of the posters who cared about Taylor and his involvement with the Stones have split or just given up anyway, so you'll survive. It's actually one of the few topics where there isn't blind devotion to anything the group does or says here, but oh well.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 1, 2015 17:44

MrThompsonWooft
How many more times can anyone be thrilled at hearing him play Midnight Rambler? The first time was great but..........

I guess for Taylorites every version is the best one ever. They even enjoy his inaudible acoustic strumming on Satisfaction. Personally I would be thrilled just by
the thought of them skipping that quarter of an hour long song for the forseeable future. It's starting to bore the daylight out of me.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: April 1, 2015 17:47

Stoneage

Personally I would be thrilled just by
the thought of them skipping that quarter of an hour long song for the forseeable future. It's starting to bore the daylight out of me.

Yeah, Miss You has got to go. eye popping smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-01 17:47 by andrewt.

Date: April 1, 2015 17:50

StonesCat
Green Lady

95% of the posters who cared about Taylor and his involvement with the Stones have split or just given up anyway, so you'll survive. It's actually one of the few topics where there isn't blind devotion to anything the group does or says here, but oh well.

So you're saying that I've been here discussing the Stones for 18 years showing nothing but blind devotion for the Stones? If so, you should read more thoroughly smiling smiley

Lots of great info, hefty discussion, criticism and sharing of knowledge. It's all here at IORR + a few Taylorites who only care about Taylor.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 307

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1928
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home