Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Why the stones didn't play woodstock
Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: March 12, 2015 02:32

Opening ceremony at Woodstock to a small portion of the crowd!

Date: March 12, 2015 02:36

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: March 12, 2015 03:04

Living and playing music all my life in NY I am pretty surrounded with all things Woodstock. 15 years ago or so my band was adopted by the Bethel/Woodstock community, we write our own songs but they sound Woodstock-y and we can do all the Janis/Airplane stuff close enough to give them a flashback .. The 1969 kids in the town of Bethel where the festival took place were effected forever by the festival and the world visiting them. Over the years they've managed to throw some amazing reunions on the private side of Yasgur's farm, where he actually lived and farmed livestock. Some freaks set up a stage on the side of Yasgur's Barn made from platforms from the 1969 stage and for years used part of the original PA. These days they just use the 1969 scaffolds. The party is jammed packed, up to 5 thousand people and the schedule gets tossed out the window by the second act. One year we were scheduled at 2pm and hit the stage at midnight after surprise guests Country Joe and Melanie showed to perform. Just letting you know that the spirit at Woodstock was very powerful and shook the earth. [www.facebook.com]

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: March 12, 2015 12:32

I don't understand why people keep speculating when it is documented that mick said they were not invited

Date: March 12, 2015 20:56

According to Michael Lang's book, the Stones and Beatles were not invited because Woodstock would've been all about them. They were so big at the time, they would've overshadowed the rest. However, he did also mention that he really wanted John Lennon to perform solo. More so because he saw Lennon as the leader of the generation (and what they stood for) at that time.

Date: March 12, 2015 22:56

withaheadfullofsnow
According to Michael Lang's book, the Stones and Beatles were not invited because Woodstock would've been all about them. They were so big at the time, they would've overshadowed the rest. However, he did also mention that he really wanted John Lennon to perform solo. More so because he saw Lennon as the leader of the generation (and what they stood for) at that time.

Anything to the story, that Lennon wanted Yoko to perform with him else he would not come?

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 12, 2015 23:15

I think Yoko at the mic within minutes would have caused more bad trips than the brown acid.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 13, 2015 02:54

stonehearted
I think Yoko at the mic within minutes would have caused more bad trips than the brown acid.

Would have made Altamont look like a cakewalk in comparison!

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2035
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home